Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #1
Guest072323
Valued Poster

Encounters: 123
Default Happy Dyngus Day

Surprised no one has mentioned this one yet....
Break out the pussy willows!!!

Mr. Paulie Rockstar, retired smoker, pussy willow whipped.....
Guest072323 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
Guest061315
Account Disabled

User ID: 206353
My ECCIE Reviews

i had to look it up...i had received an email in regards to this and i was like..wtf is this dude talking about..
and since i dont live in buffalo and im not polish...

(however i do like to be "in the know" so i did a search...if i were in buffalo id be
out eating right now..ijs..)

http://www.dyngusday.com/
Guest061315 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

Many neighborhood festivities:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...roots-20140420
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Plastic Man
life coach fer yer penis

uncle jack ...not dingle day
Plastic Man is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
Highwayman64
Ambassador

Encounters: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj14620 View Post
i had to look it up...i had received an email in regards to this and i was like..wtf is this dude talking about..
and since i dont live in buffalo and im not polish...

(however i do like to be "in the know" so i did a search...if i were in buffalo id be
out eating right now..ijs..)

http://www.dyngusday.com/
I should have brought you back for the celebration!
Highwayman64 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
Guest061315
Account Disabled

User ID: 206353
My ECCIE Reviews

awwww... that woulda been rockin huh!!
Guest061315 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Thank you, Paulie. I think.

Dyngus Day: Brandish Pussy Willows & Squirt Guns!

blog by Ben Tsujimoto

This isn’t your ordinary tale of love. We’ve finally reached the tail end of Lent, that unbelievably long stretch of constant sacrifice, and Dyngus Day (Monday, April 25th) lurks tantalizingly close. Dubbed the “reverse Mardi Gras” by Dyngus Day founder Martin Biniasz, the Buffalo-specific Polish holiday celebrates spring, freedom and love simultaneously—with pussy willows and squirt guns.

The roots of Dyngus Day trace back over one thousand years when flirting was a little unconventional. Because wealth and status were paramount, men would display affection (or lust, probably) by smacking women (gently) with pussy willows, spraying them with cologne, or chasing them with dishes and pottery. You’re saying, “My, that’s weird,” and yes, it is. If women were receptive to these bizarre masculine advances on Dyngus Monday, they would reply accordingly on Dyngus Tuesday by hosing men with perfume or returning the pussy willow slaps.

You can learn about the legend behind why pussy willows are the “weapon” of choice at the Dyngus Day Buffalo website, a useful source for the holiday’s history. But how do the Dyngus Day organizers collect enough pussy willows for Buffalo’s eager young men and women?

“We don’t have to go far,” Biniasz said, further explaining how the plants are indigenous to the northeast. “We go to people’s backyards, farms, marshy areas—really anywhere with moist soil. Plus, beginning in March, people from all over donate generously.”

“We have a bit of a [pussy willow] shortage this year,” he continued. “This is one of the latest Easters we’ve had, and many pussy willows started to pop and bloom weeks ago. No one wants a pussy willow that’s yellow and fuzzy.” They sure don’t.

To this day, with inhibitions lowered by Polish beer and vodka, many single men and women meet their significant others on this matchmaking holiday, Biniasz insists. “You wouldn’t think people would fall in love like this,” he said, “but it just shows that Buffalo is a unique place.”

By your third or fourth Tyskie, you should be frisky enough to attempt a pussy willow slap on a stranger. What’s the worst that can happen? If someone throws a dish at you, it just means they’re flirting right back. Best of luck, Buffalo men and women. Let the pussy willow whipping begin!

Sounds pretty good. I wish I were in Buffalo right about now!
The Drummer is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Default Shortage of Pussy ...

... Willows.

[Here is an article in today's Wall Street Journal.]

Buffalo, N.Y., Gathers Pussy Willows for Dyngus Day
Some Worry About a Shortage of the Branches for the Annual Celebration
By Will Connors
Updated April 20, 2014 10:33 p.m. ET

To prepare for Dyngus Day, Eddy Dobosiewicz drives to an abandoned lot in east Buffalo, N.Y., in search of an elusive commodity: pussy willows.

Dyngus Day celebrations, to be staged Monday in Buffalo and a handful of other U.S. cities, trace their roots to ancient Polish fertility rites centered around the end of Lent and the advent of spring. As part of the festivities, young men traditionally splash water on women they fancy. Women carry pussy willow branches to hit the men they like.

But this year, after an especially harsh winter, Dyngus Day organizers are worried that there won't be enough pussy willows to go around. The pussy willow supply is particularly worrisome for festival co-founder Mr. Dobosiewicz because the event, while not as big as some other Polish festivals around the country, has become unexpectedly popular.

"I'm shocked at how many people were concerned," Mr. Dobosiewicz says of the pussy willow shortage. He has received over 100 phone calls in the past few weeks from worried locals. "It hit a nerve. Everybody's in a panic."

Dyngus Day's origins go back hundreds of years in Poland, according to organizers of the Buffalo celebration. The event is traditionally held the day after Easter. They used pussy willows because they are usually among the first plants to bloom in spring.

In Buffalo, the Polish community started celebrating Dyngus Day in the 1960s. In 2006, shortly after Mr. Dobosiewicz took over the event, some 3,000 people participated. Then the tradition started to catch on with younger Buffalonians who were looking to reclaim some of their Polish heritage, or just looking for an excuse to shake off the winter months with vodka and pierogies.

Last year, 50,000 people participated, despite chilly temperatures, snow and a mini hailstorm. This year, Mr. Dobosiewicz estimates 100,000 people will show up in Buffalo to take part in the parade, dinners, concerts and dances. Many locals consider the event a holiday and take the day off.

Pussy willow

But Dyngus Day can't proceed without an ample supply of pussy willows, and since the long, cold winter left most Buffalo residents' yards bereft of the blooming plant, worries of a shortage grew.

To offset expected shortages, some florists shipped in pussy willows from southern states, and organizers like Mr. Dobosiewicz have been driving around Buffalo and its outskirts looking for more. Mr. Dobosiewicz also took to local media outlets to encourage residents to cut their pussy willow branches early and bring them inside, where they will be able to bloom protected from the elements.

At the Broadway Market, a 123-year-old Buffalo shopping institution, at least four vendors were selling pussy willows this weekend, including a vendor that usually specializes in horseradish.

"There aren't so many pussy willows out right now, because it's been so cold," says Sophie Baj, a volunteer with the Friends of the Broadway Market, who says the pussy willow tree in her yard is still bare. "But we have a good supply [at the market], because we get them from other vendors, from greenhouses. We're always concerned there won't be enough supply, but we should be OK."

"Everyone has a different source," says Orlando Diaz, the creative director at Bloom Floristry in Buffalo. This year, Mr. Diaz planned ahead by buying his supply of pussy willows at a flower show in Philadelphia. "Just to make sure we were covered," he says.

"We get a lot of single women calling and asking us for pussy willows," Mr. Diaz says. "We literally spend all day wrapping up pussy willows for women."

Some people in Buffalo persist in growing their own, despite the weather.

Sister Josanne Buszek, a nun at the St. Stanislaus Parish Ministry, is considered a resident expert in growing pussy willows.

"Ours are growing nicely, ours are blooming," says Sister Buszek of her parish supply, and who eschews store-bought pussy willows. "They're expensive. Ours are free. You don't have to purchase them if you plant them in the right way." She advocates early pruning and bringing some branches inside during cold spells to help them thrive.

When the parade passes by her church on Monday, she might hand some out to passersby. "We don't charge," she says.

Beyond the casual flirtations of the day, having pussy willows on hand during Dyngus Day can lead to real romance.

In this year's official guide book to the event, Mr. Dobosiewicz included a section called, "It's a Love Thing; Is That a Pussy Willow in Your Pocket?" It features stories of real-life married couples who met on Dyngus Day, with the help of the pussy willows.

Nancy McCarthy, creative director of Dyngus Day LLC, the company that organizes the Buffalo event, stresses that splashing someone with water or hitting them with a pussy willow is no longer gender specific.

"Everybody does both," she says. "There's nothing intimidating about it at all. If you thought somebody was cute you'd give them a little tap, and they'd either reciprocate or say 'Back off.' "

If there aren't enough pussy willows come Monday, attendees may have to improvise.

"If people don't have them, we'll teach them how to glue Q-tips on the end of a regular oak branch or something," Mr. Dobosiewicz says.

And what happens with all the pussy willows after the parade?

According to Ms. Baj of the Broadway Market, "Then people take the pussy willows to bars and they're left to their own devices."
Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
Luke Shaw
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwantsya View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned this one yet....
Break out the pussy willows!!!

Mr. Paulie Rockstar, retired smoker, pussy willow whipped.....
Mr. Paulie; I would be more Surprised if you weren't wearing this shirt today.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dyngu...le/61054644626
Luke Shaw is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Sorry for the mild bump, but I just recalled Anderson Cooper getting into an uncontrollable fit of laughter while reporting on Buffalo's Dyngus Day festivities:

Old 04-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #11
Guest072323
Valued Poster

Encounters: 123

For this and many other reasons.....
Anderson Cooper can go fuck himself.
Guest072323 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women