Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452834
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47408
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #46
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
You know that Apple play or Android auto can be installed in any vehicle? You don't decide a car purchase depending on the radio it brings?
I wasn't aware of that. I know a lot of 2018 Camry owners were upset because they thought they couldn't get Apple Carplay retrofitted into their Entune infotainment system.

I agree that some people may overemphasize the importance of Apple CarPlay & Android Auto but it sure is nice to have it.

Apart from music, phone calls etc. you also get a great navigation system because of Apple Carplay and Android Auto.Not so long ago, people had to pay thousands of dollars to add a Garmin or some other navi system to their car. Now it's free with Apple Carplay and many times even better than Garmin.
VeryClean is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #47
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Balls View Post
I've owned 49 cars in my life so far and used to build street rods and cobras so I know a few things about them. The most important thing to always remember is if it has tits or tires you're going to have trouble with it!

Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are all very good cars but now days you pay a premium for them. If you're going to pay a premium step up to German cars and get handling to go with the shiny paint job. The Koreans have really upped their game in the past 10 years or so, remember it was Hyundai that first offered a 10 year 100K warranty. Right now the best bang for the buck is probably Kia. Same warranty as Hyundai but less money. I bought my daughter a Soul a few months ago and in December a lady ran a red light in a Nissan Pathfinder and plowed into her at 40+ MPH. The Soul looked like this.

Bottom line is my daughter walked away with a few bruises and the lady in the Pathfinder went to the hospital. Kia's are very well built and safe cars.

Here's a tip. We bought the Soul from Hertz, 2018 model with 30K and paid an even $13K for it.

Wow, I'm glad your daughter made it out safe. That's so scary! I'm a very careful driver but no matter how careful you are, you can still get in an accident if the other motorists on the road are irresponsible drivers.

Yes I've heard a lot of good things about the Korean twins, Kia and Hyundai. However, when it comes to their actual sales price, they're not that much cheaper brand new compared to Toyota.

Toyota's MSRP sticker price is a bit more than Kia but Toyota seems to be more willing to heavily discount their cars.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #48
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryClean View Post
Yes I've heard a lot of good things about the Korean twins, Kia and Hyundai. However, when it comes to their actual sales price, they're not that much cheaper brand new compared to Toyota.
What? Can you give examples? It looks to me like, across the board, both Hyundai and Kia are significantly cheaper than Toyota on every competing model.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #49
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
What? Can you give examples? It looks to me like, across the board, both Hyundai and Kia are significantly cheaper than Toyota on every competing model.
The MSRP sticker price of that new Hyundai or Kia may be lower than a new comparable Toyota but the actual sale price is not far off.

I'll give an example:

Huffines Hyundai of Plano is willing to sell me a brand new 2019 Hyundai Elantra SE (base trim) automatic for $16,000 plus ttl. They're not willing to go below that price.

Toyota of Dallas is willing to sell me a brand new 2019 Toyota Corolla LE (trim above the base trim) sedan automatic CVT for $15,500 plus ttl. This is because there's a $2000 manufacturer rebate on the Corolla and the dealership is willing to give a heavy discount.

Even though the MSRP of the Hyundai Elantra is lower than that of the Toyota Corolla, the real world sale price of the Elantra is higher than that of the Corolla.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:55 AM   #50
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryClean View Post
The MSRP sticker price of that new Hyundai or Kia may be lower than a new comparable Toyota but the actual sale price is not far off.

I'll give an example:

Huffines Hyundai of Plano is willing to sell me a brand new 2019 Hyundai Elantra SE (base trim) automatic for $16,000 plus ttl. They're not willing to go below that price.

Toyota of Dallas is willing to sell me a brand new 2019 Toyota Corolla LE (trim above the base trim) sedan automatic CVT for $15,500 plus ttl. This is because there's a $2000 manufacturer rebate on the Corolla and the dealership is willing to give a heavy discount.

Even though the MSRP of the Hyundai Elantra is lower than that of the Toyota Corolla, the real world sale price of the Elantra is higher than that of the Corolla.
If that's how you buy a car, you know nothing about negotiating. Both cars can be had for much less, and the Hyundai will absolutely be the less expensive of the two cars.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #51
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
If that's how you buy a car, you know nothing about negotiating. Both cars can be had for much less, and the Hyundai will absolutely be the less expensive of the two cars.
The sales prices I gave above for the Elantra & the Corolla have already been negotiated down.

"Both cars can be had for much less"

I find that very hard to believe, Crock. The MSRP sticker price of that brand new 2019 Toyota Corolla LE sedan plus destination charges and some basic options like Corolla floor mats is $20,500 plus ttl. I negotiated that price down to $15,500 plus ttl. That's a $5,000 discount. 25% below MSRP. That's a great deal.

However you claim that I know nothing about negotiating and this car can be had for much less...well how much lower? You expect them to sell me a $20,000 car for $10,000?

Be reasonable, Crock. Dealerships have to make a profit too or at least break even.

As for your last statement about Hyundais being less expensive than Toyotas all the time, I disagree. There may be some cases where that's true but from my experience with compact sedans, the real world negotiated sale price of the Toyota is lower than that of Hyundai.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #52
Bazztex
Lifetime Premium Access

I recently rented a Chevy Camero convertible for a weekend trip to Nashville. I was pleasantly surprised with the fuel efficiency 33 mpg. Although not the most comfortable nor best handling car in the rain.

My Lexus 350C only gets about 26 mpg but way better handling.
Bazztex is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women