Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47678
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
CJ7
Valued Poster

Default trouble in Utopia? shoot the messenger !

http://www.politicususa.com/republic...-election.html
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Well, hmmmmmm. Since Rush, Bill, Sean, Ann and the idiots on Fox'n'Friends are little more than water carriers for the hard right - or is it vice versa? it's vey confusing who's on first in that comedy routine - I'd have to say that it's a six of one and a half-dozen of the other chicken or egg dilemma.

It's hard to separate one from the other at present since Republicana has been overrun by the teawipes with their penchant for extreme reactionary tendencies, we can't really call it actually thinking, can we?

Couldn't hurt to put the messengers out of their misery, though - in a metaphorical sort of way (gotta be careful here, when I sarcastically suggested MASS SUICIDE in another thread, some of those humorless, uncritical-thinking parrotriots must have actually considered it, gauging from their reactions...of course, reactionism is sort of their "thing.")
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

you can bet Fox didnt air the story ...

snick
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

It's their backwards ideas that lost them the election. Granted, the politico shave to pander to the extreme right wing and the extreme right's media, but they could make a choice and not alienate women and minorities.

Besides, it has always been the practice of some to shoot the messenger. For whatever reason, it works sometimes.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

but the irony of it all ....
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

It is. The Republicans are caught on a viscous merry-go-round. Honestly, I'm more conservative than liberal, but where I'm liberal, I'm really liberal. And it just happens to be where the Republicans are soooooo strongly socially conservative. They're dumb. The future isn't in fundamentalism and the oligarchs that buy them. It's in the middle class, and the vast majority of the middle class, which is by far and away the largest demographic, is - wait for it - in the middle of the bell curve politically, socially, morally and financially.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

In the 1970's and 80's, the Republicans did all they could to appeal to the activist Evangelical Christians. That is now coming back to haunt them. The evangelicals are as theocratic as any group, although currently less violent. The Evangelical movement as a political army has essentially petered out as the churches become more self-centered, and less prone to a dispensational eschatology.

The Republicans didn't catch on to this. Those people aren't going to be there for them anymore, so they don't have to be so autocratic on social issues. In reality, they need to heed Rand Paul, and become more Libertarian, or they will cease to exist as a party. Which may not be a bad thing.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

I remember the Moral Majority and Pat Robertson. I think the Contract with America did a lot to drive a wedge also. Ultimately, it is the idiotic Republican presses fault, but that's only because their handlers lost control of them. Personally, I think all TV news has gone Hollywood. I don't care what their "opinions" are. Just report the news, and then I'll make up my mind.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

There is no free mainstream press anymore. Including FOX. They all just want to press their point of view, instead of just telling us what happened.

The "We Report, You Decide" slogan is a good one, too bad no network, including FOX, follows it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

You know, I'm reminded of the Weligious White and how they fell from grace with everyone who had a full mouth of teeth.

Fox done hitched its wagon to a SCAR and they're not going to shift to a different audience anytime soon. Might as well air bullshit. They're pros at it.!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
In the 1970's and 80's, the Republicans did all they could to appeal to the activist Evangelical Christians. That is now coming back to haunt them. The evangelicals are as theocratic as any group, although currently less violent. The Evangelical movement as a political army has essentially petered out as the churches become more self-centered, and less prone to a dispensational eschatology.

The Republicans didn't catch on to this. Those people aren't going to be there for them anymore, so they don't have to be so autocratic on social issues. In reality, they need to heed Rand Paul, and become more Libertarian, or they will cease to exist as a party. Which may not be a bad thing.
Very true, but only a part of the Republican's problem.

They need to update their mssage, but also the mssenger. It's OK to have a belt tightening message if the person delivering the message doesn't come across as a fat billionare who's idea of belt tightening doesn't seem to have any compassion for the minimum wage guy doing everything he can and working 2 jobs.

The Rushes, Coulters, Hannitys, etc., ooze a message of "I've got mine, and if you don't have yours it must be you aren't working hard enough!"

One of the things that made Reagan successful at the polls was his message, but the other part was people really did believe there was some "compassionate conservatism) there. Even Bush-II was seen that way during his first election, until he bacame a puppet for Cheney & Rove.

Immage and message both matter.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
In the 1970's and 80's, the Republicans did all they could to appeal to the activist Evangelical Christians. That is now coming back to haunt them. The evangelicals are as theocratic as any group well, all some of them need are rags wrapped around their heads, although currently less violent I suppose burning Korans and making a big deal about it, blowing up abortion clinics and threatening doctors don't count in your thinking. The Evangelical movement as a political army has essentially petered out as the churches become more self-centered, and less prone to a dispensational eschatology they are selfish because they have to keep the "evangelists" in jewelry, hair-dos, houses, planes and other trappings of a "successful" purveyor of "the word." If becoming a "player" in national politics is possible, look for them to be lined up around the block - again.

The Republicans didn't catch on to this. Those people aren't going to be there for them anymore, so they don't have to be so autocratic on social issues you're making an ASSumption here that is of whole cloth - slip down to your local baptist or non-denominational "happy church" and you'll hear the same theology that was being passed out 20-40 years ago. In reality, they need to heed Rand Paul, and become more Libertarian, or they will cease to exist as a party. Which may not be a bad thing. You can see how that's playing out. Look for the Teawipe Parrotriots to make their last stand in 2014. John Huntsman is all the Repubes have presently but, alas, he believes in evolution and trusting scientists when it cames to global warming. Good luck to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I remember the Moral Majority and Pat Robertson. You may mean Jerry Falwell, Idiot Pat is still kicking it up though it may not still be called the 700 Club. Then, there's always Ralph Reed lurking in the wings (he's the guy that made Jerry's vision go until he got wrapped up in the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal) no worries, it's been about 8 years, you can look forward to his resurrection. And, don't forget about Young Dr. Graham, although he drew back a couple of stubs this time out, especially chiming in with Rush on "sluts" - he'll learn and get as smooth as his daddy was. I think the Contract with America did a lot to drive a wedge also Well, we did get Newt and Graham-Rudman out of it as well. Ultimately, it is the idiotic Republican presses fault, but that's only because their handlers lost control of them Some idealogues need handlers more than others. Personally, I think all TV news has gone Hollywood Actually, the non-right TV news has only increased their stridency in order to counterbalance all of the hair-on-fire, arm waving, writhing on the floor antics over at Faux. I don't care what their "opinions" are You should - on either side - because they cut the grass on the field where the game is played. Just report the news, and then I'll make up my mind The only medium that can report the news in what might approach enough depth are printed in form.
Radical religionists, like the poor, will always be with us. It's because they "know" that we can't think for ourselves and, therefore, need to be "saved from ourselves."

There has NEVER been any reporting of important issues, at any time or at any place, that didn't approach the story from some angle other than dispassion. And, there never will be. Why? Because all people are not capable of complete removal of their experiences and outlook. Big deal. Be prepared to put in the effort and time to be a responsible citizen instead of merely cutting and pasting useless horsesh*t of specious origin in order to generate whatever, COsFb, you seek to stir up.

Hell's-bells-cocker-shells, the "saintly" Founding Fathers were the biggest bunch of biased, self-serving pamphlet writers there ever was - much like the current guests on every political talk show. Each just used the most effective medium to reach the most people appropriate in their respective time.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Well put Randy
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

You may mean Jerry Falwell,

No, I meant the Moral Majority and their own AND Pat Robertson and his own. I have no use for any of them.

Well, we did get Newt and Graham-Rudman out of it as well.

I thought I was clear that I did not care for the Contract with America. It follows that I don't care for the contract makers.

Actually, the non-right TV news has only increased their stridency in order to counterbalance all of the hair-on-fire, arm waving, writhing on the floor antics over at Faux. I don't care what their "opinions" are You should - on either side - because they cut the grass on the field where the game is played. Just report the news, and then I'll make up my mind The only medium that can report the news in what might approach enough depth are printed in form.[/QUOTE]

I disagree Network News is a show. MSNBC is as biased as Fox. I don't have a TV. I deplore it, but I have seen it. I read the WSJ daily on line. I also have the NYT delivered which I scan. I have well balanced news not car accident news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Radical religionists, like the poor, will always be with us. It's because they "know" that we can't think for ourselves and, therefore, need to be "saved from ourselves."
I loathe religious uppity people just as much as I loathe uppity liberals. Both groups think they "know" what is moral and just.

Quote:
There has NEVER been any reporting of important issues, at any time or at any place, that didn't approach the story from some angle other than dispassion. And, there never will be. Why? Because all people are not capable of complete removal of their experiences and outlook. Big deal. Be prepared to put in the effort and time to be a responsible citizen instead of merely cutting and pasting useless horsesh*t of specious origin in order to generate whatever, COsFb, you seek to stir up.
Excuse me? When have I ever cut and pasted anything, and I wade through my news looking for facts not other peoples' opinions because they are either A, wrong or B, not the same as mine. Very similar to how wrong your opinion is of my cut and paste or unthoughtout posts and my news sources.

Quote:
Hell's-bells-cocker-shells, the "saintly" Founding Fathers were the biggest bunch of biased, self-serving pamphlet writers there ever was - much like the current guests on every political talk show. Each just used the most effective medium to reach the most people appropriate in their respective time.
And? They were philosophers that had the clarity of thought to create an unheard of government that was just as well as for and of the people.

Have you ever read any of my posts or are you just working on some pre-conseived notion that all non-hard left liberals are ignorant and beneath your distain and projecting your feelings? Or were you so eager to show off your modern history and that, while you knew the events and things I was speaking of, you couldn't understand my position on the matters?
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Uh, Jerry Falwell founded the Moral Majority and Liberty University, not Pukin' Pat.

The cut'n'paste remark was directed at COsFb, not you. However, it was a complex sentence in structure.

Actually, most of the FFs were wealthy and well educated members of the upper class. They also established a system under which you, Olivia, as a female would neither be allowed to vote nor directly participate in.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women