Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 05-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
ztonk

Encounters: 21
Default New Book Club Nominee

Well, "Whip Smart" left me oddly unsatisified, so I was wondering if anyone would be game for trying out a different book. The one I was contemplating was "Some Girls: My Life in a Harem".

The amazon.com link: http://amzn.com/0452296315

The author's site: http://www.jillianlauren.com/

I haven't seen the book, but I've read an interview that Violet Blue did with the author, and I think it could be a fun read.

Any takers?
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm in! Great suggestion!

Surprisingly, she's going to be at a book signing at the end of May in Austin. Maybe THIS time I can actually manage to be in town when I planned to! Also, on her homepage, she featured a blog entry with herself and the author of "Whip Smart". Isn't that ironic?

You know, I was just thinking of this book club today...glad that you found a book that really sounds interesting! Harems really are something that women tend to fantasize about at times...that and obviously other things.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I just answered the door and there was the nice UPS man with my copy of the book! Now. Are you going to do this or not?

Either way, I want to read about modern day harems. I also bought, "Harem Girl, A Harem Girl's Journal" by M. Saalih. It was recommended by Amazon to buy both and so, well I did.

Should be interesting reading!
Elisabeth
Old 05-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Miss Sophie Bella
Account Disabled

User ID: 6378

I bought it today!

I am definitely interested in dinner and a BookPeople date if you can make it to Austin to see us, dear Elisabeth. Also: would you be interested in leading a more structured discussion of our reading selections? I look forward to reading together again.
Miss Sophie Bella is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I'm in! Downloading to the Kindle tonight.
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Sophie,

I'm looking forward to having more of a complete discussion of the book as well. I don't mind doing this ... but would anyone else like to lead the discussion? It probably wouldn't be too much work!!!

Thanks for suggesting me, Sophie! Let's see if we get some sort of show of hands!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Old 05-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #7
ztonk

I couldn't get the Kindle version (apparently it isn't available in the US? say what?) but I did get my paper copy yesterday.
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Finished the book last night. I have actually written someone and asked if he would like to lead this discussion. If he's too busy, I don't mind doing it, but it would be my preference to have someone else lead this discussion. Thanks, though, Sophie ... for suggesting me. I'll do it if someone doesn't step forth and offer.

The book was REALLY good. The writing was swarthy with emotion and drifted a little bit ... but was very REAL.

It's also the type of book that will be interesting to those of us who have seen a pretty wide base of life. For women, there will be portions of the book that will be somewhat seductive.

For men? It's interesting from the viewpoint of how a woman views herself as just an individual who is just an object to be taken at the whim of another. It's also a book concerning the difficulties of relationships, especially those that involved sex workers and people who live alternative lifestyles.

I need to run but if you haven't gotten the book, please do. It's worthy of discussion.

More later.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
ztonk

I'd be happy to lead the discussion... I just will need a few days to find the time to finish the book. I finally got a chance to start it this morning.
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
ztonk

I haven't listened to Howard Stern in ages, but when I turned him on this morning, Jillian Lauren, the author of Some Girls, was being interviewed. If you happen to catch it on replay, her interview was about 8am Central. Unfortunately I have an appointment in a few minutes, so I won't get to hear the end.
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Has anyone finished the book yet? It was actually pretty good and I wouldn't mind discussing it ... if just for a little bit. (I don't believe that this book club idea is working out. Please prove me wrong!)

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Hopefully will be finished by Friday....Damn job gets in the way of fun!!!
Spacemtn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women