Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #91
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Our highway infrastructure in woefully underfunded. I think a Federal or State tax roughly based on miles driven is an excellent way to fund that. A gasoline tax is probably a good rough surrogate for that. it also has the advantage of internalizing some of the external costs of carbon production.

How would you propose raising the revenue for tripping or quadrupling highway spending. I'm not sure that is a large enough spending increase, but you have to start somewhere.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #92
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
There is no law in Texas against passing more than one car while in the left lane but you can get a ticket if you stay in that lane continuously:

the left lane is for passing and it's not a fast lane; a police officer can stop you and write you a ticket for mpeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane and the fine is $200.
I've never seen or heard of this being enforced. Wish it was.

I have seen police cruisers pass cars on the right many times after driving behind them for long enough to easily say the car was impeding traffic in the left lane. Never seen them pull any car over though.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #93
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101
Exclamation

I have lived in Houston, Dallas, Florida, California, Wyoming.

I get the impression when it comes to traffic enforcement, Dallas cops are the laziest unless you are in a smaller town like Plano, Richardson, Farmers Branch, Irving, Carrollton, Addison - then in those places they get you for everything.

My nephew when he first started driving at 16 got a ticket in Plano for going 2 miles over and it was not a school zone.

I was pulled over in Richardson once for making a U-Turn on a 4 lanes street (2 lanes in each direction with center grass covered median):

I was looking to make a U-Turn but there was a sign that showed no U-Turn, left turn only right before the last opening between the median.

So I drove about 1/2 mile until I saw the next opening between the median and there wasn't a no U-Turn sign, left turn only sign.

I made a U-Turn and this cop came out of nowhere, stopped me and told me I made an illegal U-Turn.

I told him that there wasn't a No U-Turn sign there unlike the break about 1/2 mile before it and he said there is No U-Turn allowed anywhere in Richardson, regardless whether there is a sign or not.

He also added: everyone knows that!!

I asked: everyone? So every person on planet earth, billions of them, know there is no U-Turn in Richardson?

I told him write me a ticket but I will fight you in court.

He went back to his car and as soon as he did, I got out of my car to take photos.

He saw me taking photos, got out of his car and told me to get back in the car.

I told him I have evidence now and I will show them to the judge.

He went back to his car and ran me on the MDT and I have nothing on my record and he gave me a warning and let me go.

I hate cops who are ignorant to the laws they swore to uphold and I hate cops who think because they have that uniform and badge and a gun, they think they are always in the right and know everything when they don't.

Most Police Departments in Texas and across the country requires you to have at least 60 hours college and your law enforcement license from the State you live in (in Texas it's called a TCOLE and it's issued by a State agency) befor you can apply to become a Police Officer.

If you don't have that license at the time of your job application, most department either have their own Academy class that lasts 6 months that you have to successfully complete or they send you to join an Academy class held by another city or to a college that has a law enforcement criminal justice program that lasts about 2 years.

Not Richardson.

You just need a High School diploma and you learn to be a cop on the job training.

APPRENTICE POLICE OFFICER

https://discovery.cor.gov/public/hr/...rev%206-09.pdf

Nothing in the above job posting mention that they will send you to an Academy class or that you have to get your TCOLE within a certain period of time after being hired.

In the job description it also indicate you have to be able to shoot a handgun or a shotgun.

Sure! Give a firearm to someone who is in their 20's who have no law enforcement Academy training and give him the power of a Peace Officer.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #94
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

The Liberal re-tards don't want anyone driving , Just think climate change
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:03 PM   #95
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Meanwhile in China ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-traffic.html

I find it strange that there were no crashes, not even one.

Fake video?
Old 02-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #96
billw1032
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
Meanwhile in China ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-traffic.html

I find it strange that there were no crashes, not even one.

Fake video?
Having been there, I don't find it strange at all. I had not been in China very long before I realized that the rules for driving there are very different. Rule #1 is that you must be alert 100% of the time, no lapses of attention at any time, if you want to survive more than a few days. Rule #2 is that because of Rule #1, you can assume that every other driver is constantly on the alert or they wouldn't have survived this long. There are other rules also, such as the stripes on the road mean absolutely nothing and if you happen to find yourself in a lane you cannot stay there longer than 5 seconds without changing lanes, but those mostly apply in certain cities.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #97
Handsome Nashville
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I was in New Jersey and they drive well. If someone is broke down on the shoulder or debris in the road, all of the drivers just get around it. Down south, most people slam on their brakes and stop to look to cause a ten minute traffic jam for no reason.
Handsome Nashville is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #98
billw1032
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Nashville View Post
I was in New Jersey and they drive well. If someone is broke down on the shoulder or debris in the road, all of the drivers just get around it. Down south, most people slam on their brakes and stop to look to cause a ten minute traffic jam for no reason.
Driving in New Jersey or the Southern US is not driving in Asia. I'll leave it at that.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #99
CG2014
Premium Access

I have been to England and Hong Kong many times and I still can't drive on the left.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 AM   #100
billw1032
Valued Poster

Hong Kong was interesting. Walking around as a pedestrian, I noticed that at many crosswalks there is a warning painted on the street "LOOK RIGHT ->"!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #101
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

^^ A lot of other countries Actually hold people accountable for there bad driving
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #102
motor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 61

So, this also pisses me the fuck off.....Coming to work this morning not once but twice some fucking moron pulled out in front of me from a side street, It was a 3 lane road and can you guess what god damn lane the pull into? Yep right in front of me....two other lanes with no cars for blocks and the bastards have to pull in front of me........ooossssaaa ooossssaa
motor is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #103
CG2014
Premium Access

What lane were you in? Left, center or right?
Old 02-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #104
motor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 61

center lane, they pulled out from a side street
motor is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #105
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post
center lane, they pulled out from a side street
He should had pulled into the right lane.

I see that a lot too.

When one makes a right turn, always pull into the right lane.

By pulling in front of you, that's a moving violation and it's also an illegal lane change.

Here is another one that aggravates me because it seems I am the only driver on the road who knows the rule for it:

When one makes a left turn from where there are 2 left turn lanes onto a street with 2 lanes, the inside left turn lane have to turn into the left lane and the outside left turn lane has to turn into the right lane.

If the street you are turning onto has 3 lanes, the inside left turn lane can only turn into the left lane and the outside left turn lane can only turn into the center lane.

The right lane should always be left open for oncoming traffic like someone coming from opposite your direction and making a right turn onto the same 3 lanes street you are turning on,

Unless there are white markers on the pavement directing either one of the left turn lane to do otherwise.

But of course anyone who makes a right turn onto a 3 lanes street while there are 2 cars coming at them - making a left turn onto the same street - is a dumb ass.

I have seen near misses and accidents from folks in the inside left turn lane who mistakenly turned into the center lane while the outside left turn lane is legally turning into the center lane.

Oh and if you are in the inside left turn lane and you turn into the center lane or if you in the outside left turn lane and you turn into the right lane, guess what happens if a cop sees you?

You get a ticket for improper lane change.

Easy to remember when making a left turn lane:

always turn into the lane closer to you and take the path of least resistance.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women