Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71
Default Size Please?

I am thinking about order a custom collar for a playmate, but I don't know her neck size and I can't ask.

Does anyone know the average neck size/circumference for a 5'2"-100 lb. spinner?

I looked at some jewelry websites and a collar necklace is 12-13" in length, which seems about right.

Obviously the worst thing is to get one that is too tight.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Ms. Athena
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 78702
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Even custom ones have some adjustment. Have you had your hands around her neck?? That could be a good guide, or use a leather strap or rope to lead her around and measure off of that. Good Luck, and remember if you get material on the inside of the collar, ie Fur that takes up room as well.....This is my fav site and they do good work cheap......
http://collarfactory.com/
Ms. Athena is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Doc_rob
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

The ones that I have seen have adjustment snaps to accomodate almost any size neck. Some even have the word "PUSSY" on it. I bought a D ring
Doc_rob is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
awl4knot
Valued Poster

The ones I am looking at are custom made and you have to give them a measurement. From the photos there are a few extra holes to adjust the size, but not too much.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
TexEngnr
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

A spinner type I play with on occasion is 5-3, 110 lbs and has a 12-1/2 neck. An adjustable collar I bought fit her nicely, but at close to the smallest adjustment.
TexEngnr is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexEngnr View Post
A spinner type I play with on occasion is 5-3, 110 lbs and has a 12-1/2 neck. An adjustable collar I bought fit her nicely, but at close to the smallest adjustment.
So a 13 inch collar should work nicely, assuming that spinners are reasonably uniform in the neck?

That's what I like about engineers. They understand the value of measurements.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
TexEngnr
Account Disabled

You are welcome. Tempted to repeat an Engineering mantra, "If it can't be measured, it is irrelevant", but I don't entirely subscribe to that. Subjective experiences cannot be meaningfully measured - but are very real, and certainly relevant

Good luck with the collar. For what it's worth, I favor relatively wide collars, maybe 1-1/2", in oiled leather so they are soft and less irritating for the sub wearing them. But, still wide enough that the sub stays very aware of the collar. The awareness and symbology of it, being a good example of something relevant that defies measurement. I also would never consider a collar without a D-ring. This too is more about symbology than practical use. I use a leash occasionally, but more often than not, the leash just gets in the way.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
*GoddessDallas*
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35145

Whom is the slave here?
Just ASK her.
Just sayin'.
*GoddessDallas* is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
TexEngnr
Account Disabled

True, but I understand the desire to simply present the collar, having been masterful enough to know the size without asking.
Another alternative I enjoy, is to break out a tailor's tape measure and take dozens of measurements of the sub's body, while the sub is instructed to carefully note the measurements as you call them out. When I've done this, part of my pre visit instructions include, "have some nice paper and a nice pen laid out on a table", with no explanation why.
This is how I know the neck size I mentioned previously.
The whole process emphasizes the authority of the Dom over the subs body, and the subs role as, well, submissive.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
awl4knot
Valued Poster

You guys (and gals) are making this far more complicated than what it is. This is supposed to be a fun gift that will lead to some lite domination play. Nobody is a slave and nobody (and that means me) is going to be a master, at least a serious one.

Think fun with a twist of kink.

And if I asked about sizes, etc. it would ruin the surprise of the gift.

Now what do ya'll think about a brass bell on the collar? I think it may be more irritating than symbolic, but I don't know squat about this stuff. That's why I ask questions.

With many thanks.....
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Ok, I asked another provide with a long, slender neck, and she was 13", which is making me think 14 inches. Anyone disagree?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
TexEngnr
Account Disabled

For some of us, the fun lies in the complexity. At least for me that is true.

But one of the most positive aspects of the BDSM world is the unfettered freedom to pursue your desires as you wish, limited only by the constraints of a safe, sane, consensual partner. Play safe and have fun.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
TexEngnr
Account Disabled

5-2 100 lbs? I'd go smaller. 13 if it has +/- 1/2" of adjustment.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by awl4knot View Post
You guys (and gals) are making this far more complicated than what it is. This is supposed to be a fun gift that will lead to some lite domination play. Nobody is a slave and nobody (and that means me) is going to be a master, at least a serious one.

Think fun with a twist of kink.

And if I asked about sizes, etc. it would ruin the surprise of the gift.

Now what do ya'll think about a brass bell on the collar? I think it may be more irritating than symbolic, but I don't know squat about this stuff. That's why I ask questions.

With many thanks.....

It seems as if the folks here are just enjoying your topic! A bell might be annoying but if you could easily remove it, why not try it?

Forgive me for the suggestion, but a little tag with either a pet name or her real name on it would be interesting to have connected to her collar. Just for fun since the collar is going to her.

EW
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
TexEngnr
Account Disabled

Elisabeth suggests a good idea I have had customized tags made at Pet Smart. It's a fun addition to the collar. I also bought a package of jingle bells at Micheal's and added 3 or 4 to the collar. I liked the sound of it so much I added bells to my nipple clamp sets as well.
So, yes, I like the idea.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women