Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452921
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #1531
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy View Post
Yeah I was also surprised when they traded down basically passing on Randle to get another 4th rd pick. My guess it was a calculated risk realizing Posey would be there for them early in the 3rd. Looks like they scouted Posey pretty well though.

The reason we didn't see much of him is he missed like 10 games. 1st he was caught up with Terrell Pryor selling memorabilia (his freshmen championship ring) -5 games. Then suspended a second time after being "overpaid" at a job another 5 games. Kind of harsh punishment really but the kid broke rules not laws so hence the Texans green light.

Reports say that if he had played out his final year, he would have had 1st round potential. But since he was limited to just 3 games, he went in the 3rd. One thing I like though is that he stuck around in practice, kept his presence in the locker room, graduated, and decided not to enter the supplemental draft w/ Pryor.

Just for kicks:

Randle is 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, and ran a 4.5 40

Posey is 6-foot-2 and 211 pounds, and also ran a 4.5 40

Blackmon 6-foot-1 and 207 pounds, and ran a 4.48 40

Michael Floyd 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, and ran a 4.47 40

Kendall Wright 5-foot-11 and 196 pounds, and ran a 4.61 40

Stephen Hill 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, and ran a 4.36 40

Alshon Jeffery 6-foot-3 and 216 pounds, and ran a 4.48 40
Never actually seen all of these numbers together, shaking my head even more now that Wright was ranked over most of these guys. 5'11?....

If this guy ends up being a pro bowl guy, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong, but from what I saw, I don't see this guy being that great.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #1532
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
I know...I know...true draft grades really can't be given out until a couple of years go by but hey, MY STEELERS get an A+

This is true, but I still think you can get graded based on college performance, but Pitt I think only had one flaw last year, and they fixed that pretty good (O-lineman) So yeah, I think they're set.

Unless, of course, they get BRANDON WEEDEN'D.

Doubt it tho..
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #1533
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

OH BT, aka BigTalk, aka Rainman here we go again!!

First off I am excited about the Texans getting Keenum. I think he is a magician with the football and has a pretty good pocket pressence. I hope he pans out and is big enough to get the job done.

I am also excited about the Texans dreaft for the most part. I hope the WR's are true playmakers as we need another WR playmaker to go with number 80!! I was hoping we would have gotten Rueben Randle from LSU but the Posey guy is intriguing. I was also hoping we would get the Fleener kid cause he looks like another Gronk to me!! Plus it would keep the Luck/Fleener combo seperated.

Not to sure on the OL guys they selected in the 3rd round as he wasn't invited to the combine so that throws up red flag to me, but he does look like he could be a mauler!!

BT, how could a guy like Keenum beat out the only QB with playoff experience on the roster but not push Schaub for Playing Time? At least now we have 2 out of 3 QB's with pocket pressence and escape ability instead of the guy that wears the cement shoes and wears #8. Your bold prediction of Super Bowl is way premature.

Is Schaub even healthy yet? Last I heard he was ahead of schedule but that is not 100% healthy.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #1534
Satin
Valued Poster

Lmao at Daddio...to answer your question, hell no he ain't healthy, probably never will be...

BT, I think its interesting how you basically copied what I said in my post 1514 about not letting YOUR negativity and same old dribble get ME down cause I'm also excited about the draft. Its funny how you're the only one that goes on and on about the same shit....so with that, let's just agree to disagree.

At least TJ has playoff experience....

I don't care who starts at QB, what matters is who finishes and who does the best job. We should have competition at several positions, including WR, which should give them all extra incentive to perform.

I'm ok with the fact we have a second tier QB, because we have a great RB, great WR and 2 very capable backup QB 's just waiting to show their stuff. Only time will tell.
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #1535
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

I like the Mercilus pick. The more I read about him the better it gets.

Posey is just the opposite for me. The more I read the more nervous I get. The football analysis is all over the place with this guy. Some draft reports say he is a strong route runner others call him unpolished. Some say he is physical on the line others say he has a hard time getting separation. Most say he has average hands but tends to get alligator arms when going across the middle and might tend to take plays off. 40 times are High 4.4 or low 4.5. Basically I don't know what to expect from him on the field. Off the field he had multiple suspensions for conduct with boosters. Not the typical Texan. I hope they know something.

I think the best deal they got was the center from Georgia. How many SEC defensive linemen were drafted this year. He probably faced at least one every week. He supposedly has the size to play guard but the Texans seem to think he is capable of grasping the complexity of the zone blocking scheme pretty quickly providing depth at either position and possibly challenging for a starting position somewhere on the line a-la Mike Brisiel in coming years. He was also captain of the team last year so he's bound to have some leadership skills and positive locker room presence. All of the O line picks were positives IMO.

I hope they find some kickers that can come in during the off season and put the pressure on Bullock to win that job. With high expectations for the team this year throughout the NFL and with 5 nationally televised games there will be numerous opportunities for him to be the hero or the goat. When he trots onto the field with under a minute to play down by 2 with a 45 yarder facing him I want to have confidence he can nail it not be praying that he won't miss.

A little surprising was the lack of picking a defensive back. They must feel like they have the right guys. I'm not ready to call Jackson a bust just yet but I hope they have someone in the wings so they can put him on a short leash like he was last year.

It was a productive draft for the most part nothing blockbuster but not totally disappointing. Like most drafts the grade won't come in until a couple of years down the road. But then we weren't pinning our hopes on the draft anyway and that is finally a good position to be in.
boardman is online now   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #1536
Daddio
Valued Poster

LMAO at Satin, good one bro.

Good post boardman. I agree about the Georgia center, I think they said he was a 4 year starter at Georgia. That is good experience. Versatile too.

The Crick kid could be a stud too. He says he plays most like JJWatt!! I like that attitude!!

I agree on Posey, he is the unknown. I guess if he was the #1 WR at Ohio State that is a pretty good start but not playing almost all of last year concerns me.

Mercelus could be nasty. I heard Wade Phillips is already drooling of a Watt, A. Smith, Cush, Mercilus, Reed and Barwin rush package. I get a chub over that too!! Wow.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #1537
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

+1 to BM's Mercilus comment. That name alone has to be good for 5 sacks right off the bat.

Heard rumors that this guy is likely to be a cut from the Falcons: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4592/ovie-mughelli

Bet he'd look good plowing a road for Foster...
Rubchasertx is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #1538
Satin
Valued Poster

Nice posts Daddio and Rub...

Yea, I said earlier I'm concerned about our FB situation, so if he's good, let's sign him up. Casey is a bit fragile to last at FB...that is a bruising position.

Posey is fine fellas, relax. If I had to do it for my mom to pay rent, I would sell my ring too....in a heartbeat. He broke a BS rule...not a law. He still stayed with the team and did his part.

There is another WR we got from NC I heard was a bad-ass too. (can't recall the name right now)....

Oh yeah, I've been called Jackson a bust...how many times you have to get burned to make a change?
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #1539
Daddio
Valued Poster

I hear you Satin, I'm not worried either about Poseys character. I'm worried about his speed and playmaking ability. His highlights did not impress me but I'm sure they didn't have much video to make a highlight reel of him. We need another star to emerge, how about a LeStar to emerge!!! Man I can't wait for this season.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #1540
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I am not going to get caught up in all of the negativity. I remain focused upon the 2012/2013 season being the year for the Schaub led Texans to finally make it to the Super Bowl.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #1541
Daddio
Valued Poster

Texans release Jacoby Jones, they save 2.5 million on the salary cap. To bad he didn't pan out. Satin is throwing a GTFO party as we speak!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #1542
Satin
Valued Poster

You goddamn right...and you are all invited!! I'm having a Get the fuck out and fight party combo this Saturday.....no wonder that fucker looked so sad the other night...

Now half of my dream came true...can we get rid of Jackson too ?
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #1543
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
Texans release Jacoby Jones, they save 2.5 million on the salary cap. To bad he didn't pan out. Satin is throwing a GTFO party as we speak!!
Yup & reports are they were trying to trade him for a draft pick over the weekend as well but no takers... Hmm.. wonder why. You'd think he would have had a better year after passing on the Redskins offer last year $1M over what the Texans offered. Anyway the dude showed flashes of brilliance but also made huge mistakes. The inconsistency ultimately hurt him. According to Kubes, the 1st man up in his place will be Le Star Jean. So Daddio, or was it Don? Anyway looks like you fellers called it!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-f0fff8fa5d97

Boardman.. I was surprised as well bout them not taking any DB's in the draft. Or a ILB for that matter. They did re-sign Demps though for DB and Dobbins for LB. Also picked up UFA Bradie James from the Cowgirls. I'm still nervous about this position, but at least there is depth.

Satin, if you remember Kareem Jackson was the 1st round pick 2010. They might give the feller another shot. He got better last year but still MUCH room for improvement. Perhaps they give him the start. They rook DB's seem to take longer to get acclimated to the NFL. However if he doesn't improve dramatically and start to play like a 3rd yr 1st rd pick, he won't be around much longer.

From Smith's words, "build through the draft, and supplement via free agency," looks like we need to supplement ourselves: a 3rd RB, #2/3 TE, #2 FB, and perhaps more depth @ ILB.

Those of us that watched a few UH games probably noticed Keenum has a cannon for a "small" QB. Also, he's pretty damn accurate @ 50yds--though the targets were usually wide open, he always seemed to hit them in full stride.

Its kind of got me wondering, who has the biggest arm? TJ or Case? Schaub, though accurate, doesn't seem to throw to many. When he does, its like the reciever has to come back or wait.

Keenum @ Coach Gruden's QB camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idM2PMsJL74
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #1544
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
Oh yeah, I've been called Jackson a bust...how many times you have to get burned to make a change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy View Post
Satin, if you remember Kareem Jackson was the 1st round pick 2010. They might give the feller another shot. He got better last year but still MUCH room for improvement. Perhaps they give him the start. They rook DB's seem to take longer to get acclimated to the NFL. However if he doesn't improve dramatically and start to play like a 3rd yr 1st rd pick, he won't be around much longer.
Unless there are underlying character concerns, I do not understand the concept of giving up on a very high draft choice after two short years. That is especially true if the prospect has shown improved performance from year 1 to year 2. If nothing else, the prospect can play on special teams until they have an opportunity to mature and develop! CB is one of the toughest positions for a rookie to step in and immediately make an impact.

Kareem obviously was not ready for prime time in 2010 but he redeemed himself to a degree in 2011. I have not given up on KJ at this point. He may never become a shut-down corner but he may one day become a serviceable nickle back. Perhaps more!

A little patience oftentimes will yield long-term dividends!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1545
Satin
Valued Poster

Well I know they're gonna keep him but I totally disagree...high draft pick or not...the guy fucking sucks ass. Everytime an opposing QB looks over and sees his WR 1-on-1 with Kareem, they go straight at him, no hesitation and the results are always the same....TD!!

Improved? Give me a break. It doesn't take much to improve from his first year..he got burnt more times than any CB I know. Guy can't cover worth shit...

Ill take a guy with character issues any day that can cover over this loser. The thing is -he can actually tackle pretty good. His pass coverge technique ain't worth a damn.

Maybe next year we can have a GTFO party for him as well....
Satin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women