Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70381
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #196
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I didn't pretend anything. Stop hating on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
Yeah that’s all good but the black vets where not only spat on, they didn’t get the full benefits of the G.I. Bill that white vets got. They also had to endure Jim Crow. So don’t pretend that it was equal treatment.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #197
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Like lustyturd, a racist clown who always manages to prove himself a clueless dipshit.
Always a pleasure to hear from you, charming crunchyass. Very timely and germane to the current discussion, too. After all, you are the poster child for why the word "racist" keeps losing its stigma. You choke and splutter and hurl it at anyone who dares to challenge your cheap libtard talking points. Shit, if I had a dollar for every time you called me racist, I'd be retired by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Btw, dipshit lustyturd, there are far more white people who support Austin Dude's perspective than African-Americans supporting the contrary.
Really? You're saying most Americans agree with millsy's principle of "guilty until proven innocent"? Is that a widely accepted tenet of our culture? I always thought it was the other way around, but thanks for the clarification!

Now tell me, you sick bastard... why do you torture kittens and puppy dogs?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #198
Observing
Valued Poster

Default Winning! Not.

President Trump: Don’t Make $25K Promises You Don’t Keep.
Trump offered a grieving military father $25,000 in a call, but didn’t follow through.

"Baldridge said that after the president made his $25,000 offer, he joked with Trump that he would bail him out if he got arrested for helping. The White House has done nothing else other than send a condolence letter from Trump, the father said.
“I opened it up and read it, and I was hoping to see a check in there, to be honest,” the father said. “I know it was kind of far-fetched thinking. But I was like, ‘Damn, no check.’ Just a letter saying ‘I’m sorry.’"
And this in same article:
"Euvince Brooks’s son, Sgt. Roshain E. Brooks, 30, was killed Aug. 13 in Iraq. He has not heard from the White House. The president’s claim this week that he had called every military family to lose a son or daughter only upset the Brooks family more.
Brooks said that after watching the news on Tuesday night he wanted to set up a Twitter account to try and get the President’s attention.
“I said to my daughter, ‘Can you teach me to tweet, so I can tweet at the president and tell him he’s a liar?’” he said. “You know when you hear people lying, and you want to fight? That’s the way I feel last night. He’s a damn liar.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.9ec2e63cda0d

And concerning Trump saying the disrespectful phone call to widow of fallen soldier was "fabricated".
Sarah Huckabee Sanders just admitted Trump’s ‘proof’ doesn’t exist.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0c0b5c6758bd
Oh You mean like Obama's birth certificate Trump sent "investigators to Hawaii" to look for?
Or any proof he had a bigger inauguration crowd size?
Or any proof that James Comey lied about their meeting?
Or any proof that he saw Muslims cheering after 9/11?
Yeah we figured that was bullshit, Sarah. Thanks for clearing that up.
When are you Trump Davidians gonna wake the fuck up and realize you back a sociopath lying sack of shit?
Observing is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #199
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I didn't pretend anything. Stop hating on me.
Right but when the guy pointed out that black vets weren't treated the same you wanted to point out that white vets were treated bad too. That they were spit on. So why make a statement that both races were treated bad? That's the issue. There really isn't a comparison and you just tried to make one.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #200
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

No, all vet's were treated badly when they came back from the war. GI's were not liked back then by the civilian population.

Quote:
Right but when the guy pointed out that black vets weren't treated the same you wanted to point out that white vets were treated bad too. That they were spit on. So why make a statement that both races were treated bad? That's the issue. There really isn't a comparison and you just tried to make one.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #201
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

You know what - black vets were treated very badly after the war. I was not trying to make a comparison - you took it that way.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #202
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
You know what - black vets were treated very badly after the war. I was not trying to make a comparison - you took it that way.
I took it that way because when the guy brought up black vets treatment you pivoted to all vets were treated bad. When it's a fact that as bad as white vets were treated, blacks were treated worse. And you doubled down in the post when you responded to me saying no all vets.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:38 PM   #203
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default Ok, Who Wants to Try and Defend This NYT Double Standard?

The New York Times’s Double Standard on the NFL

The paper says pro football players have speech rights it denies to its own reporters.

By William McGurn
Oct. 16, 2017 6:57 p.m. ET

Good thing for Colin Kaepernick he isn’t a New York Times reporter.

As quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, Mr. Kaepernick was backed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in 2016 when he chose not to stand during the national anthem. Mr. Goodell said that while he didn’t necessarily agree with Mr. Kaepernick, “players have a platform, and it’s his right to do that.” One year and many NFL game day protests later, Times executive editor Dean Baquet has just made clear to his own employees: There will be no taking of knees if it embarrasses the Times.

Which puts the Gray Lady in a pickle. When Mr. Kaepernick began protesting the national anthem, the Times ran a few opinion pieces but refrained from staking out an official position. That changed after Donald Trump weighed in. At a Friday night rally in Alabama last month, the president asked: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now?’ ”

In response, the Times blitzed. A Sept. 24 editorial called “The Day the Real Patriots Took a Knee” asserted the president’s remarks about the flag and players were yet more evidence of his disregard for “the legitimate and deeply felt fears and grievances of minority Americans.”

It piled on, accusing Mr. Trump of “implying that players give up their right to free speech when they put on a uniform.” For good measure, it went on to impugn Treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin for suggesting “players should keep their mouths shut in the workplace.”

We get it: Employers have no right to restrict their employees’ speech.

But one tiny question: Why do Times reporters not enjoy this same right?

Because within three weeks of blasting those who believe NFL players have no First Amendment right to use the football field to make political statements, Mr. Baquet issued a memo about social media warning Times reporters not to use their “vibrant presence” on these platforms to express their own, uh, deeply felt fears and grievances.

Mr. Baquet says “the key points” are as follows:

• “In social media posts, our journalists must not express partisan opinions, promote political views, endorse candidates, make offensive comments or do anything else that undercuts The Times’s journalistic reputation."

• “Our journalists should be especially mindful of appearing to take sides on issues that The Times is seeking to cover objectively."

• “These guidelines apply to everyone in every department of the newsroom, including those not involved in coverage of government and politics.”

In its NFL editorial, the Times approvingly quoted New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who defended his players’ right to “peacefully affect social change and raise awareness in a manner they feel is most impactful.”

For its own employees, the Times has now chosen a different approach.

“We consider all social media activity by our journalists to come under this policy,” the memo warned. “While you may think that your Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram, Snapchat or other social media accounts are private zones, separate from your role at The Times, in fact everything we post or ‘like’ online is to some degree public. And everything we do in public is likely to be associated with The Times.”

Remember, when NFL players take a knee, they do so in the uniforms of their employers, in a workplace paid for by their employers, and before a TV audience provided by their employers. By contrast, while someone might be identified on, say, Twitter as a Times reporter, it’s not a Times platform. In this sense, a reporter posting on Facebook is more akin to Mr. Kaepernick’s appearing at, say, a Black Lives Matter rally, off hours and out of uniform.

At a panel discussion at George Washington University last Thursday, Mr. Baquet was blunt about why he’s going all Mike Ditka on the social media accounts of his employees. It’s vital, he says, to institutional credibility. He wants to be able to say of Times coverage that “we’re doing this because it’s journalistically sound, we’re not doing this because we have a vendetta or [because] we’re trying to take him out, and I can’t do that if I have 100 people working for the New York Times sending inappropriate tweets.”

It’s an eminently sane argument—even if rooted in the premise that the Times will be discredited by more honesty about what its reporters really think. If the NFL owners decide at their fall meeting this Tuesday to require players to stand for the national anthem, expect Mr. Goodell to emerge offering a version of the Baquet argument.

To paraphrase Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, while everyone has the constitutional right to free speech, no one has a constitutional right to work for the New York Times. Surely that goes for the NFL too. So why does the Times believe professional football players have more speech rights than its own reporters?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new...nfl-1508194661
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #204
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
No, all vet's were treated badly when they came back from the war. GI's were not liked back then by the civilian population.
Although I did not serve in Vietnam I was in the army from late 1968 to late 1970. I do not remember any service men being treated badly by the civilian population. We may have not been given the appreciation that WW II veterans were given, but I also saw no disrespect. Yes, there were protests against the war but those protests were NOT against individual soldiers.

One might argue that ALL vets did not receive benefits that you and others believe they should have received. I got out, used the GI bill to get my MBA, and moved on, neither receiving other benefits based on my military service nor asking for any.

I'd be interested in either you or others telling me what poor treatment veterans from the Vietnam war era received.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #205
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observing View Post
When are you Trump Davidians gonna wake the fuck up and realize you back a sociopath lying sack of shit?
When are you idiots going to wake up and stop being on the losing side of every issue?

It's funny how all of a sudden the dimretards and the left wing media love the military, hate the Russians, and just because Trump won the election everybody who supported him is a racist.
Maybe you should go back to worshipping at the feet of Mueller. I just wonder how much investigating he'll be able to do from a jail cell...

http://thehill.com/opinion/internati...urity-concerns

This story, despite being out there for years, is just beginning. Thank you, Senator Grassley!
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #206
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Trump won the election everybody who supported him is a racist.
No gfejunkie, not everybody who supported Trump is a racist. There are plenty of people, for their own reasons, voted for him unrelated to racism. However, there are certain individuals who have shown themselves to be either racist or have racist tendencies. This certainly does not apply to all his supporters.

There is a whole other issue about supporting someone (Trump) who clearly wants to sidestep standing up for racial equality. Trump placates racists and I find that unacceptable.
Cap'n Crunch is online now   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #207
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

I try not to lump all people into one group. Only a select portion of Republicans are racist. And there certainly are Democrats who are racist. It is a sad fact in our society. Austin Ellen is not a true racist, IMO. She supports Trump and I actually understand why she does. I don’t agree with her at all, but I understand her mindset.

However, it has been proven time and time again that lustyturd, besides being an imbecile, is indeed a racist. He can try to hide behind "you think we are all racists!" Nope. Not all. But certainly lustyturd. He sticks out like a sore thumb. Sticks out like a pile of bird crap.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #208
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observing View Post
Oh You mean like Obama's birth certificate Trump sent "investigators to Hawaii" to look for?
Or any proof he had a bigger inauguration crowd size?
Or any proof that James Comey lied about their meeting?
Or any proof that he saw Muslims cheering after 9/11?
Yeah we figured that was bullshit, Sarah. Thanks for clearing that up.
It bogles the mind. I mean brazen, bald-faced lies. It would be refreshing for a Trump supporter to admit that he lies. Too often we hear deflection: "look over here!" "I hate libtards!" (the brainless, laughable response), or other moronic ways to avoid the actual issue. It would be quite refreshing for Trump supporters to admit the truth. You can still support his agenda while recognizing Trump is a pathological liar.

Lack of leadership and lack of responsibility was on display when Trump deflected the question about why he hadn't yet contacted the families of fallen soldiers. His response was despicable. He always searches to blame someone else for anything that happens. Think about it; ALWAYS blames someone else. He is supposed to be the master negotiator. Then why couldn't he get major legislation passed? He blamed Republican Congress and took ZERO responsibility. Can you really call that leadership? I want a true leader as President. I'd accept John McCain or Mitt Romney. Not Dotard Trump.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #209
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I'll agree with you. In the civilian world they were. In our military community, we had each others back because we had to rely on each other. So it was different between the two communities. i think I was trying to compare the two communities and what the difference was.

Quote:
I took it that way because when the guy brought up black vets treatment you pivoted to all vets were treated bad. When it's a fact that as bad as white vets were treated, blacks were treated worse. And you doubled down in the post when you responded to me saying no all vets.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #210
zerodark13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
I'll agree with you. In the civilian world they were. In our military community, we had each others back because we had to rely on each other. So it was different between the two communities. i think I was trying to compare the two communities and what the difference was.
Please stop saying “our” and “we”, you aren’t part of that world, and saying you are makes you seem like even more of a scumbag moron.
zerodark13 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women