Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452929
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 12-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #1336
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Hell has frozen over!

USA Today, not exactly your average right-wing rag, even admits...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...now/968842001/

They even have some advice for obie, who likes to jump on every #FAKENEWS story out there...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/959639001/

Bahahahahaha. And you just tried to give someone advice in the same post.

Here's some advice for you. Before posting a comment about an article, do your homework on the site and THE WRITER/AUTHOR. If you had done that, you would see that the opinion piece you tried to throw out as fact was written by a conservative. Yes big papers like USA Today have both liberal and conservative writers employed and they let them express their opinions. And how do you know it's an opinion piece? It's in the link you posted moron. And if you learned the definition of opinion in school you know that it's the opposite of fact. So great a conservative at USA Today gave us his opinion on Trump winning. Hooray!! Doesn't make it true. But nice try.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #1337
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Fact check it. All of it. I dare you.

BTW, anybody who starts a post with "Bahahahahaha" can't hope to be taken seriously. You've already defaulted to the loser position.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #1338
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

We are winning!!

Quote:
Hell has frozen over!

USA Today, not exactly your average right-wing rag, even admits...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...now/968842001/

They even have some advice for obie, who likes to jump on every #FAKENEWS story out there...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/959639001/
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #1339
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
We are winning!!
Yes, we are!

It's from last year, but it still works...

Merry Christmas indeed!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #1340
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
BTW, anybody who starts a post with "Bahahahahaha" can't hope to be taken seriously...
Bahahahahaha!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #1341
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Fact check it. All of it. I dare you.

BTW, anybody who starts a post with "Bahahahahaha" can't hope to be taken seriously. You've already defaulted to the loser position.
Seeing has how these are OPINIONS (again dumbass opinions are the opposite of facts) on what Trump has done and how a person sees them as “wins”, I will gladly dispute them.

Tax cuts: These tax cuts aren’t going to be a win for most middle class families. These cuts aren’t for them. How do you know? Well when someone makes the corporate cut permanent and not the middle class tax cut, it shows you who they are trying to benefit. Also, remember when Obama was proposing tax cuts and they were actually middle class tax cuts, we heard about the deficit. Now that this will add 1.5 trillion to the deficit, there’s no talk of that. Yet that increase will have to be offset. That’s why they are talking about entitlement reform. Particularly cuts to Medicaid and Medicare. But Trump promised us no cuts to those programs. So this “win” looks like it will make Trump a liar to a lot of people who voted for him.. Yeah it’s not a win bud.

Economic growth: Trump has been average. It’s been show that he has had fast growth with the economy and jobs. But that’s followed by slower than normal growth. So it all balances out. He hasn’t had historic growth. He doesn’t stack up to Clinton. So let’s give the man a hand for being average and pretending to be historic.

Consumer confidence: Great consumers are confident that an economy that has been doing well for years is continuing to do well? So we are giving Trump a “win” for not destroying a good thing? Why isn’t this replaced with confidence in his job performance, oh because that’s at a historic low.

Deregulation: How is this possible a win? Because he said he would do it? How is deregulating what goes into water good? And how is deregulation of banks good for us? And how is making it harder for suits against banks good? Yeah deregulation sounds great until you realize we need some regulation for our own safety. And we are suppose to believe a “senior official” that it has saved 8.1 billion costs. How can they know that? Even if they could figure out a baseline of what it would cost in the future, in theory it could be more based on increased costs or less depending on multiple factors. So to throw out that number is funny.

Stock Market: The Dow increased more in Obama’s first 11 months (29%) than Trump’s (24%).

Judicial appointments: Judicial appointments as a win for Trump? Is it really winning when a Republican majority Congress holds up the process? And then you have to go with the nuclear option to even get it with that help. Sure it’s a win for McConnell and the Senate Republicans but Trump had nothing to do with any of that.

Unemployment: Glad this man admitted that Obama gave Trump a great rate to build off of. Imagine if Bush had done the same with Obama where we would be.

Trade: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a8046191.html

Israel: Funny Israel didn’t have a problem with Obama when he was giving them weapons defenses, etc. He just didn’t give them everything they wanted, like Trump will. Yet it’s odd, this win isn’t strong relations worldwide, it’s with one country. Our relations internationally are worse today under Trump.

Immigration: Immigration was down with Obama. And do you not remember the Republicans (when they were trying to win Hispanic voters) calling Obama the Deporter in Chief? It’s because he had deported more people than any president before him. So now he was weak on that stuff?

The Keystone Pipeline: Is this the same pipeline that just had an huge oil spill? The same pipeline that’s owned by a Canadian company and will increase our oil prices while gaining oil using pipping through our country? Pipping made with steel made from Russia? Those jobs that aren’t all held by American works, jobs that are mostly temporary.

Coal: War on coal? You mean the war on coal that was basically started by innovation and a cheaper alternative? Where machines were able to do it faster and safer? Where natural gas, solar, and wind are cheaper options. You mean coal, where data had shown that the decline in jobs in that industry had been going on since before Obama. You mean where the owner of a coal company, a Republican, said that the industry was never coming back like before. Oh and it’s stupid to put coal and the pipeline as both winning. Because they are direct competitors, if one is doing well, the other is going to suffer.

Climate change: Yes being the only country in the world not in the accord is winning. Yes allowing China to now have the inside track on wind and solar energy is winning. Yes when they start producing the technology needed and we have to buy from them at a higher cost, remember that it was Donald Trump who made us win. When the next catastrophic flood or hurricane hits thank Trump. Sure I enjoy that it’s 74 degrees right now in Texas, in the winter, but that’s not normal and it’s not good long term.

Schools: How is this a win? There isn’t a majority of Americans who want school choice. It’s impossible to call this a win. Yeah school choice is great for some but it’s horrible for public schools in the inner city. The only way to consider this a win is to admit the Trump administrations lack of care for the inner city.

Obamacare fail: Again how is this a win? Calling it a win is moronic, since polls have shown that the majority of Americans didn’t want it to fail. They actually liked it after they got it. Oh and when some uninformed citizens found out that ACA was Obamacare and that they actually had been using Obamacare. How is millions losing cover a win?

Where was the wall that Mexico was paying for at?

Bahahahahahahaha
Old 12-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #1342
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Here ya go.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ye...rticle/2644159

http://fortune.com/2017/12/20/donald...complishments/
Old 12-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #1343
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Man these people again don’t:
(1) understand facts v. opinions
(2) understand and look at who is writing the article

You present a fortune article that was written by a person who works for The Heritage Foundation. Yes a Republican think tank is a great source for giving a unbiased opinion on what Trump has done well these year.

You also present an article by a conservative who isn’t trustworthy.
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...-lost-6/208409

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...am-arti/195251
Old 12-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #1344
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

So are you saying those things are not true? That those 2 articles were a fabrication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
Man these people again don’t:
(1) understand facts v. opinions
(2) understand and look at who is writing the article

You present a fortune article that was written by a person who works for The Heritage Foundation. Yes a Republican think tank is a great source for giving a unbiased opinion on what Trump has done well these year.

You also present an article by a conservative who isn’t trustworthy.
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...-lost-6/208409

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...am-arti/195251
Old 12-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #1345
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
So are you saying those things are not true? That those 2 articles were a fabrication?
Oh so we can respond now? I was respecting your wishes and not responding to you.

I actually addressed a lot of those things already. But yeah, any article that says that Trump has restored confidence in and respect for America is false. Look at what polls say and how world leaders talk about him. He isn’t as respected as Obama internationally. Sorry.

And protecting life? So people aren’t getting abortions anymore? Please that’s stupid to say.

Protecting communities? So I guess we shouldn’t talk about all the attacks that have occurred under him? Oh even better.. let’s go to y’alls favorite place, Chicago. I guess that community is doing better and protected now?

I wish y'all would understand the difference between a fact and an opinion. It's a fact that Trump pushed deregulation. It's an opinion that what he has done is a good thing that benefits us. It's a fact that Trump has pushed a tax cut, it's an opinion that it's a good thing for us. These articles are filled with people's opinions on things Trump has done. It's just as easy to find an article filled with Obama policies that someone has said are ways Obama has won. If I post that, does that make it all facts?
Old 12-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #1346
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Ok, tell me what news organizations you respect. The one's in your opinion tell the facts.
And yes, Chicago is bad but Baltimore is worse in my opinion. There are community based programs in those cities that are trying to help the communities but it's not enough.
The community based programs need help and - instead of protesting - those football players that take a knee could get so much attention for these programs if they went in there and took the TV cameras with them. Yes, I know that a few are helping - but it's not enough. I'm a big believer in community outreach programs.

Abortions - I believe in a woman's right to choose up to 3 months. I've been with a woman who had a late term abortion - 7 months- --they don't do that in Austin but in Houston-it was awful. It was years ago but I wish I'd never seen it because now I can't unsee it.
I'm glad that pregnant women have better choices now including adoption.
And why do you have to be so snarky all the time? We all have differences and it's ok to be different.

Quote:
Oh so we can respond now? I was respecting your wishes and not responding to you.

I actually addressed a lot of those things already. But yeah, any article that says that Trump has restored confidence in and respect for America is false. Look at what polls say and how world leaders talk about him. He isn’t as respected as Obama internationally. Sorry.

And protecting life? So people aren’t getting abortions anymore? Please that’s stupid to say.

Protecting communities? So I guess we shouldn’t talk about all the attacks that have occurred under him? Oh even better.. let’s go to y’alls favorite place, Chicago. I guess that community is doing better and protected now?

I wish y'all would understand the difference between a fact and an opinion. It's a fact that Trump pushed deregulation. It's an opinion that what he has done is a good thing that benefits us. It's a fact that Trump has pushed a tax cut, it's an opinion that it's a good thing for us. These articles are filled with people's opinions on things Trump has done. It's just as easy to find an article filled with Obama policies that someone has said are ways Obama has won. If I post that, does that make it all facts?
Old 12-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #1347
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ok, tell me what news organizations you respect. The one's in your opinion tell the facts.
And yes, Chicago is bad but Baltimore is worse in my opinion. There are community based programs in those cities that are trying to help the communities but it's not enough.
The community based programs need help and - instead of protesting - those football players that take a knee could get so much attention for these programs if they went in there and took the TV cameras with them. Yes, I know that a few are helping - but it's not enough. I'm a big believer in community outreach programs.

Abortions - I believe in a woman's right to choose up to 3 months. I've been with a woman who had a late term abortion - 7 months- --they don't do that in Austin but in Houston-it was awful. It was years ago but I wish I'd never seen it because now I can't unsee it.
I'm glad that pregnant women have better choices now including adoption.
And why do you have to be so snarky all the time? We all have differences and it's ok to be different.

I respect a lot of news organizations. I respect USA Today, WaPo, Bloomberg, NYT, etc. It’s when someone posts the opinions of an author as fact. Doesn’t matter what organization it is. It’s disingenuous to post a conservative writing their opinions on something as fact, just as it would be disingenuous of me to post a liberal opinions on how great Obama was as facts to dispute people who dislike him.

First their are plenty of athletes who are doing a lot for many communities. To say it’s only a few means you are misinformed or don’t want to see. African American athletes have been giving back to their communities and the ones in the cities they live in. It’s not a few, it’s quite a bit. Like two African American players for the Rams who got a family, who was homeless because they were displaced by the fires in California, a place to stay, furniture and Christmas gifts. Like Lebron James, a big critic of Trump and a believer in the social injustice we face, who has funded many students going to college. Or Kaepernick who people hate, yet he has donated his time and money doing so much for communities across the country. And countless other players who have taken a knee but also have done more in their community than Trump. Those players help community based programs so much. But they don’t need camera with them. That’s the difference between them and certain people. They don’t need the attention. And most times, people going through struggles don’t want cameras around them as they deal with things. So your idea of bring cameras is not a good one for many reasons.

Up to 3 months? What if they find out after 3 months that there is a risk of the pregnancy killing the mother? Why is it ok to legislate when a person can decide? As long as it’s not 7-9 months, I think there should be the option. You nor I can decide what’s best for a person.

Pregnant women have better choices including adoption, sure. They also have better options because of…. Planned Parenthood. Which actually helps with things like contraception. Things that help prevent the debate of abortion. Yet people swear it’s a place where they are killing babies. When statistically that’s not the majority service they offer.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #1348
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I agree with you.
On the athletes - yes, there is help - all I'm saying it could be better.
On planned parenthood - I think it would be better privately funded. I'm not sure but someone just gave a huge contribution to them from the private sector. And no, they are not killing babies.
On abortion - my understanding is there is a difference if the mother is in danger versus using late term abortion as abirth control method. Government should not be involved in this - my opinion.

Quote:
I respect a lot of news organizations. I respect USA Today, WaPo, Bloomberg, NYT, etc. It’s when someone posts the opinions of an author as fact. Doesn’t matter what organization it is. It’s disingenuous to post a conservative writing their opinions on something as fact, just as it would be disingenuous of me to post a liberal opinions on how great Obama was as facts to dispute people who dislike him.

First their are plenty of athletes who are doing a lot for many communities. To say it’s only a few means you are misinformed or don’t want to see. African American athletes have been giving back to their communities and the ones in the cities they live in. It’s not a few, it’s quite a bit. Like two African American players for the Rams who got a family, who was homeless because they were displaced by the fires in California, a place to stay, furniture and Christmas gifts. Like Lebron James, a big critic of Trump and a believer in the social injustice we face, who has funded many students going to college. Or Kaepernick who people hate, yet he has donated his time and money doing so much for communities across the country. And countless other players who have taken a knee but also have done more in their community than Trump. Those players help community based programs so much. But they don’t need camera with them. That’s the difference between them and certain people. They don’t need the attention. And most times, people going through struggles don’t want cameras around them as they deal with things. So your idea of bring cameras is not a good one for many reasons.

Up to 3 months? What if they find out after 3 months that there is a risk of the pregnancy killing the mother? Why is it ok to legislate when a person can decide? As long as it’s not 7-9 months, I think there should be the option. You nor I can decide what’s best for a person.

Pregnant women have better choices including adoption, sure. They also have better options because of…. Planned Parenthood. Which actually helps with things like contraception. Things that help prevent the debate of abortion. Yet people swear it’s a place where they are killing babies. When statistically that’s not the majority service they offer.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:19 PM   #1349
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
I agree with you.
On the athletes - yes, there is help - all I'm saying it could be better.
On planned parenthood - I think it would be better privately funded. I'm not sure but someone just gave a huge contribution to them from the private sector. And no, they are not killing babies.
On abortion - my understanding is there is a difference if the mother is in danger versus using late term abortion as abirth control method. Government should not be involved in this - my opinion.

It could be better? Everything could be better. I could say well Trump could do better with what he's done with the floods. But wouldn't you say he has done a lot already? But what the athletes are doing is above and beyond and it's more than most.

Well as you noted, it's not funded fully by the government. But that's tricky though to want it to be fully privately funded. If it were privately funded.. How would you be able to impose a 3 month max for abortions? They would have free range then. And it's funded by the government because it does things that are seen as public health. Especially in low income areas.

But if the government weren't involved in it, again, they couldn't fault or impose on people wanting to do late term abortions. They would not have a right to say what's wrong or right. So I would say, go ahead and let the government stay out of it. But don't then push for a max on when someone can do an abortion.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:18 AM   #1350
gfejunkie

"Opinion" was the point of the post. The "never Trumpers" on both sides are beginning to see the positives of this administration instead of being such "negative Nellies" all the time. Like millsy. "Opinions" are changing as people begin to feel a real difference in their lives. They'll feel it even more come February when they see more take-home in their paychecks. Just like they already are when they open up their 401k and IRA reports.

I have a feeling we'll see more such "opinion" pieces in the very near future. I think people are getting tired of being so depressed all the time just because they lost an election. Aren't you, millsy? Or, are you just going to keep on whining because you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas last year?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women