Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47509
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
loveitdou
Premium Access

Encounters: 94
Default Let's talk Politics- I know stupid idea to start with.

The Boys and Girls in Washington DC need to be replaced-ALL OF THEM.

Why because they refuse to fix what is wrong and in fact they perpetuate the problem.

Taxes, Taxes, taxes and government spending is going to be the end of US and U. S. A.

HERE'S A LIST I am sure I missed some.
Please read to the bottom

The inheritance tax.
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Sales Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

If any of you that read this thinks the U.S. can keep it up- you are either fooling yourself or a part of the problem.

My final point is DO NOT RE-ELECT ANYONE-anything anybody and group could not do worse.
loveitdou is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveitdou View Post
My final point is DO NOT RE-ELECT ANYONE-anything anybody and group could not do worse.
While it is easy to say, it is virtually impossible to do!

Next?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

In the interest of accuracy 100 years ago (1913) the U.S. did not really have a standing army. Less than 100,000 men were serving and many of them were on the Mexican border trying to catch Villa. There was no air force. Our largest, most expensive service was the Navy. They were our first line of defense against the world. Since Eisenhower we have maintained a 24/7/365 military and that cost money. It took Pershing over a year to put together an army to fight in Europe. We don't have that luxury any more.
The government, I think correctly, took it upon itself to build the interstate highway system and it has to be maintained. The U.S. is also in the business of retirement now (Social Security) and heathcare (NIH, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
The U.S. has also gotten into the business of overseeing everything from farming, mining, oil drilling, dust, plants, parks, the waterways and rivers, food handling, education, etc.

I am not saying whether some of this is wrong and right (there are both) but I have to point out that it costs money. Now I would also be in favor or lopping of the dick of anyone who abuses their position (hear that Obama?) to just spend. Our taxes are too high and the system is too complicated which I suppose was the ultimate intention. Loopholes create opportunites for lawyers and the lawyers must be served (that is the point of government right?).
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Why are you bitching about the boy and girls in Washington DC when about half of the taxes you listed are STATE taxes, not federal? So the folks in Washington have no control over them anyhow.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
In the interest of accuracy 100 years ago (1913) the U.S. did not really have a standing army. Less than 100,000 men were serving and many of them were on the Mexican border trying to catch Villa. There was no air force. Our largest, most expensive service was the Navy. They were our first line of defense against the world. Since Eisenhower we have maintained a 24/7/365 military and that cost money. It took Pershing over a year to put together an army to fight in Europe. We don't have that luxury any more.
The government, I think correctly, took it upon itself to build the interstate highway system and it has to be maintained. The U.S. is also in the business of retirement now (Social Security) and heathcare (NIH, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
The U.S. has also gotten into the business of overseeing everything from farming, mining, oil drilling, dust, plants, parks, the waterways and rivers, food handling, education, etc.

I am not saying whether some of this is wrong and right (there are both) but I have to point out that it costs money. Now I would also be in favor or lopping of the dick of anyone who abuses their position (hear that Obama?) to just spend. Our taxes are too high and the system is too complicated which I suppose was the ultimate intention. Loopholes create opportunites for lawyers and the lawyers must be served (that is the point of government right?).
it was Eisenhower's idea, I think he said it took over a week to get troops from the east coast to the west coast
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Yep, the interstate highway system was built in order to move troops more easily.
Recall that this was during the "Cold War" and the reality was more for evacuation routes from the major cities but you did not want to panic the populace by telling them that.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Yep, the interstate highway system was built in order to move troops more easily.
Recall that this was during the "Cold War" and the reality was more for evacuation routes from the major cities but you did not want to panic the populace by telling them that.
While in Germany during WWII, Eisenhower was impressed with how the Germans employed Hitler's autobahn system and recognized how such a highway system served the important, practical defense purpose of facilitating the movement of men and matériel throughout the country. As such, his interstate highway system was designed to support the weight of the heaviest MBT at that time and to have straightaways designated to serve a dual role as roadways and as runways for landing and launching military aircraft.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Nothing wrong with User fees.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Nothing wrong with User fees.
But there was sure something wrong with:

Wisconsin and America are "Trending" Romney!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
That was a reason--highly questionable that it was the major reason, completely false that it was the only significant reason. The primary reason it was in the DoD budget was in that era people questioned military line items very little, especially when the savior of WW-II in Europe and beloved grandfather like figure said it was vital to US security.

Eisenhower was not a career politician but he played politics very well.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yeah, and that golden spike was to move slaves....
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #12
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
That was a reason--highly questionable that it was the major reason, completely false that it was the only significant reason. The primary reason it was in the DoD budget was in that era people questioned military line items very little, especially when the savior of WW-II in Europe and beloved grandfather like figure said it was vital to US security.

Eisenhower was not a career politician but he played politics very well.
+1
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Google it, you ignorant Old-goaT!

"[President] Eisenhower’s experience commanding and directing the movements of massive quantities of troops and equipment, added to his early experience with the First Transcontinental Motor Convoy (FTMC) in 1919, strengthened his recognition that America was sorely lacking in a national highway defense system. In a situation requiring the mass exodus of an entire city or region or the urgent mobilization of troops for purposes of national defense, the federal government, to say nothing of state and local entities, would have been hard-pressed to adequately respond. Moreover, the need for such critical infrastructure became that much more urgent as the Soviet Union eagerly stepped into the power vacuum created by the fall of Nazi Germany. The idyllic Allied notion that all would be right with the world following the death of Hitler and the smashing of the German armies quickly gave way to the painful realization that there is always reason to remain prepared, always someone else to fight.

Not surprisingly, therefore, when Eisenhower became the 34th U.S. president in 1953, he pushed for the building of an interstate highway system."

http://www.historynet.com/dwight-d-eisenhower

"[D]uring Eisenhower's World War II stint as Commander of the Allied Forces, his admiration for Germany's well-engineered Autobahn highway network reinforced his belief that the United States needed first-class roads."

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/interstate/faq.htm#question2
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Google it. Cut it. Paste it.

Offer no insight.

Typical Corpy.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies