Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40282
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 12-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #16
Vaginaterian
BANNED

Encounters: 4

The reason the Dragsters at the Baytown drag strip set so many records is because they run the big events in cool weather.
Vaginaterian is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #17
Big Lou
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Yes, cars run better in cold air. They call this type of weather "boost weather" because forced induction cars, especially turbo cars, love the cold dense air.

As far as the racing you ask about...it's not always about optimum performance. It's more about cars competing against each other under a certain set of conditions and see who can do the best under those conditions.

In drag racing especially, you have to be able to adjust your car to track conditions and weather. It's a tricky thing.

I just got rid of my coyote mustang with a large single turbo. It was alway fast, but in the cold air it was nasty. Scary on the street.
Big Lou is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #18
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Where is that whore?.....out sucking in cold air?

And blowing out hot?
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #19
TryWeakly
Valued Poster

Muffler Bearings are shot! I keep telling you!
TryWeakly is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #20
TryWeakly
Valued Poster

...or...

Old 12-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #21
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde View Post
Every year when the temp drops this crosses my mind, but then the left side & the right side of my brain start to fight, I never figure out the answer, the winter season comes to an end, & I am left wondering ... am I crazy?

Sooooo, my car runs better during the colder months, doesn't it?

I swear that puppy is much peppier & I notice it the most when I am driving very hard & very fast.

I'm thinking that the lower temps improve conditions & allow my engine to preform better ... HOWEVER ... this is where the left & right side of my brain start arguing ... because if that was indeed the case .... wouldn't NHRA & NASCAR, & really all racing in general, take place in the colder months instead of the warmer months?

I'm really confused ... so who can alleviate my upcoming winter of confusion & break this down for me?
Brooke, cars perform better in the colder months. For example I have a supercharged car that runs 10.9s in the cooler months, but would run 11.2 during the warmer months. This is why I never go to the drag strip between April and October.

I agree with everything Big Lou (real world buddies) posted about performance. Both of us race our cars, so we know exactly what you're talking about. The weather (DA=density altitude) affects all cars. Forced induction or non forced induction, Ford, GM, Dodge, doesn't matter.

There are 3 types of DA. One is exact DA, which is .000, one is positive DA which is posted like 3,000, then there is negative DA which is posted as -3,000. DA can change from one minute to another dependent on temperature or humidity. The one fixed part of the DA equation is the altitude of the drag strip, which is always fixed. Can great DA be negated? Yes, if you have a DA of -200, however have a 20 mph head wind is how. Having a -400 DA, however the humidity is 90% also partially negates a great DA. Give me a sunny 45 degree day with 30% humidity, and I'm one happy camper.

Look at it like this. Take two buckets, fill one with water, one with used peanut shells, and put a quarter at the bottom of the bucket. The one with water has 100% resistance, while the one with the peanut shells has far less resistance, so the quarter would be easier to reach in the peanut shell bucket.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1578281096

So yes Brooke, your car runs better right now as compared to the summer months.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #22
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

These folks have way over simplified the situation for a street car.... but I'm not going to put up a bunch of information from my phone and haven't posted from my keyboard in a while.

besides, that crazy whore hasn't returned to this thread....just as i predicted.

Hint: A better scenario to explain to the street whore...no pun...is more specifically explain why, after driving the car in warm weather....then, on the first morning of a cold front, she starts up... gets on it and it feels like her engine is 20% bigger/more powerful. Then, her extra power fades away even if the temps stay low.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #23
TryWeakly
Valued Poster

But... dont forget to warm it up before you romp on it
When your car has been sitting out overnight, all the lubricating oil that's coating all of the crucial, moving bits of the car has settled down to the bottom of the oil pan. When the temperatures are really cold, not only is that oil not near the areas it needs to be, its viscosity — ability to flow — has been severely impaired by the cold. You've seen how differently, say, refrigerated maple syrup flows compared to hot syrup — the oil is the same way.

So, when you start that cold engine, it's essentially running without lubrication. If you start up and immediately put a load on the engine, things could get damaged. It's just not ready to go. Take a minute or two to get that oil pumping around before putting any load on the engine, and your pistons and camshafts and turbos and other spinning, moving bits will be much, much happier.

You could also replace the word "engine" with "pussy" in the above text...same thing....
Old 12-26-2017, 03:37 AM   #24
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter View Post
Where is that whore?.....out sucking in cold air?

And blowing out hot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter View Post
These folks have way over simplified the situation for a street car.... but I'm not going to put up a bunch of information from my phone and haven't posted from my keyboard in a while.

besides, that crazy whore hasn't returned to this thread....just as i predicted.

Hint: A better scenario to explain to the street whore...no pun...is more specifically explain why, after driving the car in warm weather....then, on the first morning of a cold front, she starts up... gets on it and it feels like her engine is 20% bigger/more powerful. Then, her extra power fades away even if the temps stay low.
I'm no white knight for Brooke, but damn, did you need to post this rude crap when a lady asks one question?

Somehow or another, I thought you were better than that.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:39 AM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Cold dense air creates more power.
At or near sea level, right? Isn't that the "dense" part?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #26
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
I'm no white knight for Brooke, but damn, did you need to post this rude crap when a lady asks one question?
This is not her first question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Somehow or another, I thought you were better than that.
Clearly you don't know how much she loves and desires me.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #27
TryWeakly
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
It's a fact for F-16s. Cold air is denser, so offers more bang for the buck; more stuff to push off against..

that does nothing to prove that you're not crazy, unfortunately..
F-16's ? Really?

At what altitude?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women