Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #31
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpi3000 View Post
Nicole, you should just get a deadbeat loser boyfriend and still work. I know just the guy to fill that position.
Come on, can WTF not catch a break?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #32
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

I am a FIRM believer that a woman needs her own purse. I have my own career and money. Not a lot compared to many, but enough to maintain my lifestyle and plan for the future. If a woman concentrates on what she can financially do for herself, she needn’t worry about what a man can do for her. That said I would not choose a man that wasn’t on the same page financially, sexually, maturity, mentally or morally that I am. So therefore, yes, he would have to have his own money. My partner must be as stable as I am in all the aforementioned qualities.

Now, would I want a wealthy man? Yes and no. Of course everything is much easier with money. But if there is too great a gulf between my finances and my partner’s finances, I would worry that there would be a “well I’m paying” power struggle between the two. Not saying that it would, but just saying it might. The character of both parties would have to be closely evaluated and compatibility really becomes important.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #33
grtrader
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
For those of us who are 30+ in age, would you give up your current career or financial stability to start over with the one you truly love?

Suppose you meet "the one" later in life, but you have to relocate, start over or pay large sums in Alimony or child support. Are you willing to make financial sacrifices if it means living a happy life with a new love? Even if it's just temporary, say 2 years, could you do it? Or would you long for those great vacations, carefree spending, or fine dining experiences?
Money, has never taken a priority in my life over love. Then again you can drop me in the middle of the woods in with just the clothes on my back and I can survive. Some people require money to live.

I wouldn't throw away a relationship over another one either. That's just looking at the grass on the other side believing it is better not that it is.

As to temporary. If you mean like the person has cancer or something and will die or they plan on leaving after 2 years because school ends.

The cancer part is something not able to be controlled and if I loved the person no it wouldn't let it stand in my way. However, if it is just a 2 year fling then it isn't really love and why pretend it is more than it is a fling.

Would I be as insensitive peace of filth that doesn't live up to the responsibility of a parent and throw a child's emotional well being to the side on a maybe? Hell no!
grtrader is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #34
rakuguy
Ambassador

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Even if it's just temporary, say 2 years, could you do it?

A team from the University of Pisa in Italy found the bodily chemistry which makes people sexually attractive to new partners lasts, at most, two years.
rakuguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakuguy View Post
A team from the University of Pisa in Italy found the bodily chemistry which makes people sexually attractive to new partners lasts, at most, two years.
I read a study like that some years ago. 2 years was because the new mother was able to take care of her young on her own and the dad went to sew more seed. Same idea as to why people crave eating fats, sugars etc. Back when human's wore animal skins and carried stone tools it kept them alive.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #36
hesitantly
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
P.S. I've known a handful of women who have quit "this" in the name of love and it's never panned out...
Interestingly, I read this the other way - like would a lady's (say, Nicole's) rich, married boyfriend leave his wife and go to, say, Europe with her for, say, a couple of years for, say, cooking school.

My take on it: Not going to happen! Like Tom T. Hall's song said - "It's faster horses, older whiskey, younger women, more money"! (But not necessarily in that order, so it depends on his priorities.)
hesitantly is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #37
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

It's just as easy to fall in love with a rich guy or gal, as a poor one. I'd pick the rich one.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #38
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default ...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Quote:
For those of us who are 30+ in age, would you give up your current career or financial stability to start over with the one you truly love?

Suppose you meet "the one" later in life, but you have to relocate, start over or pay large sums in Alimony or child support. Are you willing to make financial sacrifices if it means living a happy life with a new love? Even if it's just temporary, say 2 years, could you do it? Or would you long for those great vacations, carefree spending, or fine dining experiences?
I know somebody who did. No kids but she had to pay a deadbeat husband a rather pretty penny just to take a hike. So far, she seems to think it was worth it.
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #39
T-Can
Account Disabled

Encounters: 39

I believe the main question you would have to ask yourself is how do you know they are the One? I've been in short term relationships where it was lust not love and realized it by waking up one day asking myself "What the hell am I doing with this girl?"

Currently I'm at the age(32 years) where I don't really care anymore about finding the One - that's one reason why I hobby. 10 years ago I would do anything for chicks I thought could be the One but became numb in the process by getting burned - it sucks being the nice guy and realize that's not the way to go but I've learned my lessons well.

So to the question - Wouldn't even consider changing anything for someone who may not be around for the long haul
T-Can is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #40
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I certainly wouldn't give up financial security to change jobs. I'm too close to the end of the road and can essentially retire now and live off interest, albeit not quite in the style to which I'd like to become accustomed, for life. But I can maintain my current lifestyle.

As for a relationship, yep, I'd drop what I have to get into a great one. Not sure about dropping all my dough however for a relationship. Took too long and too much work to get it all together and I don't have enough time left to get it back.

When you're in your early 50's and staring retirement in the face, your perspective changes.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #41
Edrienne Cole
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13485
My ECCIE Reviews

I do not believe in "The One". I think there are hundreds of men I could marry and get along well with.

I've married out of trying to do the 'right thing'..... disaster.

I've married because saying 'yes' was easier than dealing with the badgering..... disaster.

I've turned down marriage to a ridiculously rich man who was an emotional nut job.

I've married for love and given up "this life" thinking I had to choose one or the other. Turns out, I didn't. ;-)

What's the point of having cake if you can't eat it?!
Edrienne Cole is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #42
AvaAstor
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5048
My ECCIE Reviews
Default So True....

I agree completely!!! I don't believe in "the one". Let me see, would I start over to be with one that I truly loved? I hate to be such a downer but I would have to say no. People are capable of being in love with many people. I will say that if I had the opportunity to start over without making such an impact on those around me I would certainly choose love over money; to a certain point. I can live in a modest home, drive an average car and be very happy. I was raised to be able to support myself, nicely. I will teach my girls the difference in loving a man w/out money (lacking drive) and loving a man with lots of money. We all need to make choices before the "love" starts blurring the picture!
AvaAstor is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #43
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

The "one" is possible. Just highly improbable.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #44
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
The "one" is possible. Just highly improbable.
Wasn't the "One" a golf ball by Nike? Either that or it was a supposedly gifted politician that was going to solve all our problems.

I'd say the "One" is just as improbable in love.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #45
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Been there....
Time goes very slow, and yet where have the years gone? Like the grass.
Famous and yet infamous.