Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160335
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35187
Mojojo33117

Old 12-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Whips - Bullwhips, Single Tail, etc.

I need a primar of sorts on this topic.

Gone to a few classes. I've watched. But now I wish to buy a whip. But I only wish to get ONE.

And practice. And they're expensive so if I'm going to pay $250+ on a precision piece, I would like to be completely schooled on what might work best for me.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Guest050613-02
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

There is a group that meets monthly at Sanctuary which is dedicated soley to whip work. Cannot recall group's name off the top of my head, but check the Sanctuary website for times & details.

At Glory of Rome I watched this naked guy get the **** beat out of him by a hot Domme with a single tail. Reminded my why I am a Top.
Guest050613-02 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Do you want a single tail, or a bull whip? Whips are like 12-15ft in length, and do require a great deal of skill (not to mention room) to play with.

Single tails can be as short as 3ft, though often are around 5ft or so length. That's a usable size to play indoors safely without having to get rid of everything in the room!

For more information on whips (as well as a local maker of them) check out http://dallasdogsled.com/. Taipan is a great guy, and he'll happily show you how to play with a whip. He's been in the local scene for quite some time, and has been known to make single tails as well. If he's not currently making them, he'll tell you who is and where to get a good whip for a fair price. He can also tell you the same about bull whips if that's what you want.
Krunkman is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

E, one of the vendors at the Chicago thing lives in Shreveport (I remember). Not the people with the barbed rose cats - the older couple. I know he and I talked for a good bit and I was able to try out several of his items. (We had an argument about my preferring weighted handles). But he was quite nice.

Surely, there in TX, either at a kink shop or a 'straight' leather shop, you can handle the wares, see what you are comfortable with? Bullwhips darlin are @ 15 ft long - that means you need a minimum of @ +/- 20 feet all the way around you to work with. You should have told me you wanted a bull, I would have given you my lefty since I can't swing a bullwhip well with that hand anymore.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
MistressToriLynn
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 49136

I agree w Krunkman, They are so very hard to use, they do come in a 8 foot however its still hard to crack. You can find them waaay under $250 though for quality pieces. If You know anyone in Mexico they are beyond reasonable there.
MistressToriLynn is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
MistressToriLynn
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 49136

I love this site, and so I looked there. Yes they have one, and I have never been disappointed with many purchases from there. Though a Bullwhip isn't in my toy bag. Most clients are married and cant have Lasting marks, so that's out. But maybe this will work for You
http://www.cane-iac.com/items/new~sale-items/bullwhipbrown-detail.htm

They have some amazing Rattan Canes, I want the heart Knot. So Yes I had not read the description, but Mexico has some of the finest bullwhips. This is probably ok as they say, especially as a starter, ebay has many listed as well. It seems those made from Kangaroo hide is the most expensive. Wow @ $700
http://cgi.ebay.com/14-plait-8ft-Aus...item1e600bc1cf
MistressToriLynn is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
yourslave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

One of the tricks to whips/singletails is to remember you are going to need a lot of overhead clearance to throw one. 6 feet is about as much as you want to try to throw in a normal sized room. Outside of that... you probably want to buy a decent whip in person. They can be a whole lot of fun.
yourslave is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
yourslave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Here's a couple sites. First is a good start for reading and the second is just about every whip manufacturer known to man...

http://home.comcast.net/~a-mcnibble/Rants/Rant9.HTML

http://ambrosepages.net/Links/Link1.HTML
yourslave is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm bumping my own thread (bad Elisabeth!) because I'm buying myself a gift (a whip, finally!) next week probably at either Beyond Vanilla or at one of these websites that have been mentioned.

So if anyone has some last minute advice for me, please let me know!!!

Hugs,
Elisabeth

P.S. In Another Realm, it's really alright to bump an older topic as long as we still have something to discuss about it. Rules, in our sphere, are often meant to be broken. Just not TOO much!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunkman View Post
Single tails can be as short as 3ft, though often are around 5ft or so length. That's a usable size to play indoors safely without having to get rid of everything in the room!

For more information on whips (as well as a local maker of them) check out http://dallasdogsled.com/. Taipan is a great guy, and he'll happily show you how to play with a whip. He's been in the local scene for quite some time, and has been known to make single tails as well. If he's not currently making them, he'll tell you who is and where to get a good whip for a fair price. He can also tell you the same about bull whips if that's what you want.
Probably going to try to aim towards finding one around 6 feet or less for my first one. I need to be able to practice inside for the most part. But I do have high ceilings!

dallasdogsled.com and Taipan sound interesting. Has anyone heard from this person lately? His website is slightly out of date. Guess that I might try to just write him.

Thanks for the information!
Elisabeth
Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
Guest040113-02
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

I am an apprentice in the 2011 Dallas Dominant Mentor Program, a year long intensive education program. Experienced Tops volunteer to mentor their fellow Dom apprentices on their particular expertise through one-on-one mentoring sessions as well as monthly hands-on group intensive seminars with demonstration bottoms. September's group intensive focuses on crops, canes, & single tails. I mention this because, like Elizabeth, I am excited to expand my expertise with whips & single tails.

If you just want to focus on whips or prefer something less involved, a great resource is to visit Sanctuary for Lifestyle Arts on the first Saturday of each month. There is a group which self describes as:

Quote:
SingleTail
Ever wanted to learn how to crack a whip?? Singletail is a group for those who loves whips and wants to learn about the usage of whips and whip safety for indoor play. Come out and learn the different styles of throwing and using the whip, the different types of whips and quality, where to purchase your whip and whip safety. This is for the beginner, novice to seasoned user. Everyone can always learn more and share what they know. Also we may get to hear from the other end of the whip from time to time instead of the cracking of it but the one that it is being caressed and kissed by it.
09:00pm - 02:00am
Guest040113-02 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Taipan is a great person. He's an expert in both whips and shibari. He even makes his own bondage rope! He is also very patient and loves to really help people learn how to do things right.

The website doesn't get updated as much as it used to, but he is usually at the singletail group meetings.
Krunkman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women