Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47528
pyramider46370
bambino40313
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #16
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Fast Gunn really? So do you want a repeat of Kent State? Because that kind of talk could possibly lead to that.

By the way, these people have an American right to protest.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #17
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The OWS gathering is NOT a small government protest. They want more government, more debt, more taxes, open borders, more multi-culturalism, more gun control, more regulation. They are not conservative and they are not libertarian (except on the issue of drugs and some social issues).
That's true now, but here's what I think may happen:

People across a broad spectrum of society have deep concerns about an economy that's been mismanaged and gamed largely for the benefit of a very small number of big players and their political enablers. Something ain't working right, and everybody knows it.

Lots of hard-working 40-something folks with a variety of different occupations -- salespeople, accountants, assistant managers, etc. -- have lost jobs through no fault of their own, and they want to see problems get solved. And they are very upset when they see politicians concentrate on winning partisan battles rather than fixing things.

These folks may not agree with the noisier protesters on every issue, but protests can raise society's consciousness level in an effective way. Middle-aged, middle class individuals may not be likely to take to the streets, but you can bet that all sorts of journalists and polling organizations will eagerly report their feelings on various matters. And when that happens, politicians will certainly feel pressured to respond to their concerns.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

When the elitists clamp down, it will make Kent State look like an Amish picnic. We have a right to protest until it becomes effective. Right now, the OWS crowd is simply a nuisance. If they were to find a cohesive, sensible voice, it will be put down quickly and permanently.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default COG

is a raging cynic.

Let's see where it goes and if the message is hammered out of anarchy.

Good for them and God forbid they become pawns like the Tea Baggerz.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Catnip! Nice to see you here! Thank you for not calling me a "neocon".
Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default COG

Is a closet neocon.

lololololol
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
the noisier protesters ....

politicians will certainly feel pressured to respond to their concerns.
Where is this "crowd" in downtown Houston? I just passed through the area ..... up Main and then over to San Jacinto toward the courthouse complex ...... and saw several folks standing around with signs about 2-3 blocks South of the courthouse complex .... with more spectators and LE than "occupiers" ..... it looked like they weren't "occupying" much at all ... instead it looked like they were surrounded and out numbered.

I guess if the unions aren't footing the bill folks have to work for a living.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
If they were to find a cohesive, sensible voice, it will be put down quickly and permanently.
So if the wheels come off and the wings drop, it will because ....

... the 99%ers were "put down quickly and permanently"?

By the "elitists"?

Or could it be .... there was no cohesion and the voices were nonsensical.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL! The protests will likely peter out due to lack of cohesion and incoherent spokespeople. If they were ever to focus their anger, it could become violent, which bothers me. Right now they are not a threat to the status quo, and will probably be pacified with some meaningless promises, or just get tired of hanging around.

Damn you, Catnip!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #25
Sugardaddy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default rebellion is a good thing

Dear Sir,
My last to you was of the 16th of December; since which, I have received yours of November 25 and December 4, which afforded me, as your letters always do, a treat on matters public, individual, and economical. I am impatient to learn your sentiments on the late troubles in the Eastern states. So far as I have yet seen, they do not appear to threaten serious consequences. Those states have suffered by the stoppage of the channels of their commerce, which have not yet found other issues. This must render money scarce and make the people uneasy. This uneasiness has produced acts absolutely unjustifiable; but I hope they will provoke no severities from their governments. A consciousness of those in power that their administration of the public affairs has been honest may, perhaps, produce too great a degree of indignation; and those characters, wherein fear predominates over hope, may apprehend too much from these instances of irregularity. They may conclude too hastily that nature has formed man insusceptible of any other government than that of force, a conclusion not founded in truth or experience.
Societies exist under three forms, sufficiently distinguishable: (1) without government, as among our Indians; (2) under governments, wherein the will of everyone has a just influence, as is the case in England, in a slight degree, and in our states, in a great one; (3) under governments of force, as is the case in all other monarchies, and in most of the other republics.
To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the first condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has its evils, too, the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs.
I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.
If these transactions give me no uneasiness, I feel very differently at another piece of intelligence, to wit, the possibility that the navigation of the Mississippi may be abandoned to Spain. I never had any interest westward of the Allegheny; and I will never have any. But I have had great opportunities of knowing the character of the people who inhabit that country; and I will venture to say that the act which abandons the navigation of the Mississippi is an act of separation between the Eastern and Western country. It is a relinquishment of five parts out of eight of the territory of the United States; an abandonment of the fairest subject for the payment of our public debts, and the chaining those debts on our own necks, in perpetuum.
I have the utmost confidence in the honest intentions of those who concur in this measure; but I lament their want of acquaintance with the character and physical advantages of the people, who, right or wrong, will suppose their interests sacrificed on this occasion to the contrary interests of that part of the confederacy in possession of present power. If they declare themselves a separate people, we are incapable of a single effort to retain them. Our citizens can never be induced, either as militia or as soldiers, to go there to cut the throats of their own brothers and sons, or rather, to be themselves the subjects instead of the perpetrators of the parricide.
Nor would that country quit the cost of being retained against the will of its inhabitants, could it be done. But it cannot be done. They are able already to rescue the navigation of the Mississippi out of the hands of Spain, and to add New Orleans to their own territory. They will be joined by the inhabitants of Louisiana. This will bring on a war between them and Spain; and that will produce the question with us, whether it will not be worth our while to become parties with them in the war in order to reunite them with us and thus correct our error. And were I to permit my forebodings to go one step further, I should predict that the inhabitants of the United States would force their rulers to take the affirmative of that question. I wish I may be mistaken in all these opinions.
Yours affectionately,
Th. Jefferson

Paris, January 30th, 1787
Sugardaddy is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
LOL! The protests will likely peter out ....
Indecent exposure is not tolerated down here. May be in New York.

But not in Houston, Texas.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #27
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I predict at the first sign of cold/rainy/ weather the infestation will be over.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #28
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I have been to the NYC protest. They will be there until they get thrown out. Come rain or cold.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Did you see the topless babes?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Well there were occupy wallstreet folks here in Sugar Land at town hall. Was a big band playing and all..lol
Sensia is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women