Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 12-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
spice-is-nice
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 28
Default Happy Holiday to my fellow adventurers, and a quote

I'm headed out of the country for 3 weeks to visit family living abroad, and I just wanted to express how much I enjoy the dialogs here in Another Realm. Particular tip of the hat to Elizabeth Whispers for being trail boss for this diverse group. I am so impressed that we can all talk openly about an incredible variety of things, many of which can only be discussed here or 1:1 with other habitues from time to time--and with incredibly little belittling or flaming of what anyone says.

For me the key aspect of kinky play is play. We get to have adventures, and dress up, and explore, and pretend, and make new friends, and have fascinating conversations and learn even more about our marvelous bodies and minds. What could be cooler than that?

One of my favorite quotes is from Pablo Neruda, a Chilean poet most famous for his love poetry, but he also said this:

"A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who doesn't play has lost forever the child who lived in him and who he will miss terribly.” Or in the original Spanish: "El niño que no juega no es niño, pero el hombre que no juega perdió para siempre al niño que vivía en él y que le hará mucha falta."

My child is still alive and well within me. I hope that is true of all of you as well.

Very best wishes,
Spice
spice-is-nice is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
yourslave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Very well said and I agree complete.

Thanks Elizabeth and everyone else who makes this so exciting and interesting.
yourslave is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

ditto! well said!!

DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

I always liked a poem by Pablo Neruda that was on the back of a Jackson Browne album called "The Pretender"

Brown and Agile Child

By Pablo Neruda Tr. Kenneth Rexroth
Brown and agile child, the sun which forms the fruit
And ripens the grain and twists the seaweed
Has made your happy body and your luminous eyes
And given your mouth the smile of water.
A black and anguished sun is entangled in the twigs
Of your black mane when you hold out your arms.
You play in the sun as in a tidal river
And it leaves two dark pools in your eyes.
Brown and agile child, nothing draws me to you,
Everything pulls away from me here in the noon.
You are the delirious youth of bee,
The drunkedness of the wave, the power of the heat.
My somber heart seeks you always
I love your happy body, your rich, soft voice.
Dusky butterfly, sweet and sure
Like the wheatfield, the sun, the poppy, and the water
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
KatelynDesire
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 87462
My ECCIE Reviews

:Toast: "To unleashing the inner freak, and new experiences in 2012"
-Lets do this-
KatelynDesire is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
Ms. Athena
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 78702
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Playtime is something everyone needs in their life. From a small child to a aging adult, we all need to take the time to enjoy life to its fullest........
Ms. Athena is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow. I just read this topic and I'm smiling ear to ear! And I love the poetry of Neruda. I actually have his "Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair" by my bed.

I hope that your trip is going well, spice-is-nice!!! I almost envy you being out of the country but my holiday has been very good for me and so for that, I'm grateful.

It's also good for others to see how people in the fetish world are often a cut above ... in real life.

That may be an awful generalization but there it is. And the proof is in the good behavior that we are always seeing in this forum. The forum itself doesn't even require moderating hardly at all.

The occasional ad, which isn't allowed, and the even rarer outburst ... but while reading this topic, my heart feels glad to be a part of it.

I'm very proud of the people here and the others who have contributed to making this forum what it is today.

Happy holidays everyone! And a special thanks to spice-is-nice for starting such a refreshing topic!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 AM   #8
The Big Kahuna
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Wow. I just read this topic and I'm smiling ear to ear! And I love the poetry of Neruda. I actually have his "Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair" by my bed.

I hope that your trip is going well, spice-is-nice!!! I almost envy you being out of the country but my holiday has been very good for me and so for that, I'm grateful.

It's also good for others to see how people in the fetish world are often a cut above ... in real life.

That may be an awful generalization but there it is. And the proof is in the good behavior that we are always seeing in this forum. The forum itself doesn't even require moderating hardly at all.

The occasional ad, which isn't allowed, and the even rarer outburst ... but while reading this topic, my heart feels glad to be a part of it.

I'm very proud of the people here and the others who have contributed to making this forum what it is today.

Happy holidays everyone! And a special thanks to spice-is-nice for starting such a refreshing topic!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
By and large most people here have sophisticated tastes, so it goes with out saying they are generally open minded and follow the rules...except in the bedroom ( figuratively) where there should be none!
The Big Kahuna is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women