Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452924
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 08-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #31
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

This OP was supposed to be about what is going on in Ferguson MO (which is getting worse by the way) and once again has devolved into a discussion about people's knowledge base or lack there of. You told me why you voted for Obama and told you why I think you've been fooled. You say you don't care why the market went up and I told you why it did. You don't care that the taxpayers have been ripped off by the millions to enrich the much fewer on Wall Street (and a number of people who chose their 401K contributions wisely). My 401K has more than doubled since 2009 but I understand that a lot of that is my contributions, another part is my choices, and finally that the market is rigged right now to succeed by the White House. It will not last and I understand that too. If that happens on the watch of the next president I will know that it is not the fault of the incoming administration but the foundation laid by this administration. Historically the DOW hit 381 just before the collapse in 1929. That is the highest the DOW had ever been. Three years later it was down to 41 which was the lowest it had been since 1900. By 1938 the DOW was up to 194. That is a quadrupling of the market in six years. Can you imagine, it went up over 400% but what was unemployment at the time? 18% as it was calculated at the time. 18% during the entire time the market was going up. Do you think that is a sign of a healthy economy? Rising stock market and stagnant employment? Accept it or not, but real unemployment is well over 10% depending on whose numbers you use.

Now as to the OP. Riots are still happening, the press is complaining that they're being targeted, and Obama is a day late and a dollar short again. People who live there are scared for their lives, their homes, and their businesses while the media cheers the riots and explains their rage. I have yet to hear of one single instance when an ATM, a 7-11, or a K-Mart has shot and killed a minority person. Yet they are bearing the brunt of this anger. Of course Obama has the fix, he is sending in the same people who fired up the people in the Trayvon Martin federal case. That ought to fix it. So what should the police do as they are REQUIRED to protect the public?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Anybody see why there might be a problem in Ferguson?

Police Chief Thomas Jackson told reporters his priority was improving race relations in Ferguson, which has seen a stark demographic shift in recent decades, going from mostly white to mostly black. About two-thirds of the town's 21,000-strong population are black. On a police force of 53, three officers are black.
"This is an opportunity to fix what's wrong," he said at a news conference on Wednesday. http://news.msn.com/us/hacker-group-...souri-teenager

How about they hire more black officers to reflect the towns demographics. Would any of you Tea Peckers be ok with 2/3 of your community being Jewish/Christian and 97% of your police force being oh say Muslim?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #33
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

I wish blacks would show outrage regarding black on black violence. When a black youth gets gunned down it is most often by another black but that gets little attention. I guess it doesn't make for sensational news and the race baiters can't run with it.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #34
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
This OP was supposed to be about what is going on in Ferguson MO (which is getting worse by the way) and once again has devolved into a discussion about people's knowledge base or lack there of. You told me why you voted for Obama and told you why I think you've been fooled. You say you don't care why the market went up and I told you why it did. You don't care that the taxpayers have been ripped off by the millions to enrich the much fewer on Wall Street (and a number of people who chose their 401K contributions wisely). My 401K has more than doubled since 2009 but I understand that a lot of that is my contributions, another part is my choices, and finally that the market is rigged right now to succeed by the White House. It will not last and I understand that too. If that happens on the watch of the next president I will know that it is not the fault of the incoming administration but the foundation laid by this administration. Historically the DOW hit 381 just before the collapse in 1929. That is the highest the DOW had ever been. Three years later it was down to 41 which was the lowest it had been since 1900. By 1938 the DOW was up to 194. That is a quadrupling of the market in six years. Can you imagine, it went up over 400% but what was unemployment at the time? 18% as it was calculated at the time. 18% during the entire time the market was going up. Do you think that is a sign of a healthy economy? Rising stock market and stagnant employment? Accept it or not, but real unemployment is well over 10% depending on whose numbers you use.
Now this is funny. YOU are the one who invited me to join this thread with the following:

"That is important because that is something that the left is trying to take away slowly but surely. I hope Speedie sees this. He will probably argue that this has nothing to do with Assault weapons but I think it has everything to do with "assault" weapons. I put that in quotes because Speedie and I (and the US military) have a differenced of opinion on what an assault weapon is. Whatever makes you feel like you can do what is necessary to protect yourself is okay. Now Speedie will jump to some radical conclusion about rocket launchers and tanks but they are not really good for protection."

Then you make the assumption I've been a lifelong Democrat and that has affected my points of view. So I explain I've voted for exactly ONE Democrat in my life and you change the subject to Obama and all his flaws. I explain why I voted for Obama and once again you change the subject to why Obama's economic policies are not responsible for the market doing so well.

So if you are trying to figure out exactly why we strayed so far from the original subject, look in the mirror. I simply responded to your questions.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #35
Big Perm
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy8055 View Post
I wish blacks would show outrage regarding black on black violence. When a black youth gets gunned down it is most often by another black but that gets little attention. I guess it doesn't make for sensational news and the race baiters can't run with it.
Cowboy8055, white people get mad when get accused of being racist. But people like you are quick to assume the worst out of ALL Black People. Black people hate crime just as much as you, dumbass. The threat of taking guns away gets folks ready to go to war, so why can't Black people protest the lost of a life they felt was unjustified?
Big Perm is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #36
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

"Whitey is the man that's keeping me down,
But tonight me and my Bro's are going to burn this town.
We gonna go on a all night looting spree........
Gonna get me a big screen color TV"

This same old shit has been going on for decades. The Watts Riots of '65, Rodney King, etc.
It will go on, and on, and on, and on.......
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #37
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Just a difference of opinion about "SUCK my DICK"...

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 AM   #38
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Perm View Post
Cowboy8055, white people get mad when get accused of being racist. But people like you are quick to assume the worst out of ALL Black People. Black people hate crime just as much as you, dumbass. The threat of taking guns away gets folks ready to go to war, so why can't Black people protest the lost of a life they felt was unjustified?
I don't assume the worst out of all black people. I'm sure blacks hate crime as much as anyone. Just stating that most crimes against blacks are by other blacks and it receives little attention. That's called reality dumbass.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #39
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Now this is funny. YOU are the one who invited me to join this thread with the following:

"That is important because that is something that the left is trying to take away slowly but surely. I hope Speedie sees this. He will probably argue that this has nothing to do with Assault weapons but I think it has everything to do with "assault" weapons. I put that in quotes because Speedie and I (and the US military) have a differenced of opinion on what an assault weapon is. Whatever makes you feel like you can do what is necessary to protect yourself is okay. Now Speedie will jump to some radical conclusion about rocket launchers and tanks but they are not really good for protection."

Then you make the assumption I've been a lifelong Democrat and that has affected my points of view. So I explain I've voted for exactly ONE Democrat in my life and you change the subject to Obama and all his flaws. I explain why I voted for Obama and once again you change the subject to why Obama's economic policies are not responsible for the market doing so well.

So if you are trying to figure out exactly why we strayed so far from the original subject, look in the mirror. I simply responded to your questions.
I'm tired of this whole belabored point but what was the question that led us astray. I see only statements and some assumptions, no questions.

Things have been interesting in Ferguson. The press is now worried that the police are too militarized. Welcome! Better late than never press. Also the two reporters that claim that they were victimized by the police (local sources say that they were camped out in a McDonalds that wanted paying customers and asked the police to do something), I looked them up. One guy had written a number of stories saying that people need to look for government to do the right thing. He even sided with the federal government in the Bundy Ranch face off. Now he is on the other side. We even have Mead Head (Rob Reiner) supporting Israel, attacking Hamas, (this has nothing to do with Ferguson) and then he compares Hamas to the Tea Party. So he can't even understand that the GOP is on his side on this. No wonder they call him Meat Head (and he will always be).

By the way, I have never called you a life long democrat.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #40
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Perm View Post
Riots, looting, assault, arson, and assault are not protest, they are means of terrorism. The people of Ferguson have every right to protest but not to riot. Still, I think they should wait for the results of the investigation before they move past silent protest. For all anyone knows, the policemen will be found guilty of unlawful force.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #41
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

[QUOTE=JD Barleycorn;1055684762

By the way, I have never called you a life long democrat.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me!! From your earlier post:

I don't want to get any deeper into the weeds as it is obvious that you really don't know the subject matter but the democratic party has a long history of INTENTIONALLY misdefining weapons, bullets, and capabilites in order to pass restrictive (never less restrictive) legislation. In Maryland they wanted to ban "cop killer" bullets but never told anyone that KTW bullets were only available to the military and police departments. Further, they definition hidden in the legislation had the effect of banning almost 90% of hunting rounds. That was done on purpose! Further more, on the of the election the Maryland State Police raided the headquarters of the pro-gun forces and occupied them most of the day with no one allowed to come or go. That is how your side fights in a democracy; dirty, underhanded, tyrannical...

I don't know how else to interpret "long history" and "your side" as anything else but meaning you put me in the category of longtime Democrat.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:11 AM   #42
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Meet the Cops Who Gave Their Lives

http://townhall.com/columnists/miche...8885/page/full
Michelle Malkin | Aug 15, 2014

If you've been watching cable news, reading Hollywood celebrities' tweets and listening to race-hustling opportunists, you might think that every police officer in America has a finger on the trigger, hunting for any excuse to gun down defenseless youths.

This hysterical nonsense must be stopped.

The Cirque du Cop-Bashing, with Al Sharpton as ringmaster, is working overtime to exploit the deadly incident in Ferguson, Mo. That means stoking anti-law enforcement fires at all costs.

Are there bad cops? Yes. Does the police state go overboard sometimes? Yes. Do the demagogues decrying systemic racism and braying about "assassinations" know what happened when teenager Mike Brown was tragically shot and killed last week? No.

Here's a reality check. While narcissistic liberal journalists and college kids are all posting "Hands Up" selfies in hipster solidarity with Ferguson protesters, it's law enforcement officers who risk their lives in "war zones" every day across the country.

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF) reports that a total of 1,501 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past 10 years, an average of one death every 58 hours or 150 per year. These include local and state police officers, federal officers, correctional officers and military law enforcement officers.

Fact: Last year, 100 law enforcement officers were killed. On average, over the past decade, there have been 58,261 assaults against law enforcement each year, resulting in 15,658 injuries.

Fact: New York City has lost more officers in the line of duty than any other department, with 697 deaths. Texas has lost 1,675 officers, more than any other state.

Just this week, NLEOMF released preliminary fatality statistics from August 2013 to August 2014. Total fatalities are up 14 percent, from 63 last year to 72 this year. "Five officers were killed in ambushes, which continue to be a major threat to law enforcement safety," the group notes.

Among the men in uniform who gave their lives this summer:

--Police Officer Scott Patrick of the Mendota Heights Police Department in Minnesota. He was shot and killed while conducting a traffic stop on July 30. Patrick leaves behind a wife and two teenage daughters.

--Police Officer Jeffrey Westerfield of the Gary Police Department in Indiana. Westerfield was shot in the head and killed in a July 6 ambush while sitting in his police vehicle after responding to a 911 call. The suspect had been previously arrested for domestic violence and for kicking another officer. Westerfield, a 19-year police department veteran as well as an Army veteran, leaves behind a wife and four daughters.

--Officer Perry Renn of the Indianapolis Police Department. He was shot and killed while responding to reports of gunfire on July 5. After 20 years on the job, Renn chose to serve in one of the city's most dangerous areas, even though his seniority would have allowed him to take a less dangerous role. "He chose to work in patrol to make a difference in the field," Police Chief Rick Hite said at Renn's funeral. "Every day, Perry got out of his police car." Renn is survived by his wife.

--Deputy Sheriff Allen Bares, Jr. of the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana. The 15-year law enforcement veteran was shot and killed on June 23 while investigating two suspicious suspects. Bares had been mowing his lawn while off-duty when he witnessed a suspicious car crash. When he went to investigate, he was gunned down. The assailants stole his truck as he lay dying. "He's the type of person that would give his shirt off his back to anybody," a cousin said in tribute. "Anyone that knows Allen will tell you that he was that kind of person." Bares leaves behind a wife and two children.

--Police Officer Melvin Santiago of the Jersey City Police Department in New Jersey. Santiago, a proud rookie cop who loved his job, was ambushed on July 13 by a homicidal armed robber. Santiago was 23 years old. After Santiago's killer was shot dead by police, the violent Bloods street gang vowed to "kill a Jersey City cop and not stop until the National Guard is called out."

Al Sharpton, concocter of hate-crimes hoaxes and inciter of violent riots against police, had no comment.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #43
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Looks like Michael Brown fit the description of a black thug who was being sought by Ferguson police because of his involvement in a strong arm robbery at a nearby c-store earlier that evening?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #44
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

A kid is dead at the hand of a policeman for no apparent reason and YOURE arguing the partisanship of defining assault weapons.

Way to focus on the important aspect of this issue.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #45
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

No apparent reason?

Spoken like a cop hating liberal. You and Bill Ayers are bunker buddies.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women