Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160718
Yssup Rider60059
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47631
pyramider46370
bambino40346
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35464
Mojojo33117

Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85
Default If you had to bet who do you see winning the GOP nod???

Honestly, I think the DEMS must be happy with the selection of the GOP nominees- although Obama has s lot of work ahead of him I think the 2012 election is his to lose- if the economy around September to October 2012 is showing some promise of recovery I don't see any of these nominees defeating him:

Bachman- just don't think she has a chance nor do I think the GOP wants a woman to run against Obama
Palin- if she gets in she will have a snowballs chance in hell of winning
Paul- un electable although i agree with some of his stances- but his age will play a role and mainstream America is not ready for a president who wants to legalize "bad" medicine and prostitution
Gingrich- Won't be around much longer- his campaign has been D.O.A when he entered
Cain- he's no Black hope and again don't think the GOP wants him as top pick- it would be Obama vs Keyes from 2004 all over again and trust me Herman Cain is no Alan Keyes- Alan Keyes is a very intelligent politician who knows what he is talking about- Cain has no political experience and running a failed pizza chain is not the same as running the govt.
Paul Ryan- been some rumors of him entering- again no chance his Ryan plan pretty much killed his political chances for now
Rick Perry- will get exposed very quick- his state has low paying jobs- terrible education system- he accepted stimulus money and the day he accepted stimulus money he put a blog out telling people to be against the stimulus bill- the only way he balanced his states budget was with the stimulus money- he cut programs to poor children- sorry but any politician who cut programs for the poor will have a hard time convincing Americans to voe for them during these hard times. Also he's a religious fanatic and is George Bush version 2.
Mitt Romney- I think the fact that he's wealthy he will not relate to struggling Americans- in his own rally he got blasted for stating that corporations are people and the money corporations make go back to the people LMFAO- can someone tell me how Exxon has helped them- also he's mormon and he passed a health bill in his state that works and is too similar to Obamacare.
I think Romney will be there at the end- but again doesn't look to good for the GOP- I left out a few other candidates who have no shot.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I think the one that has a chance in the general is the other Mormon.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

none of this matters because of TRUMP. He is going to insure Obamas re-election and is probably in the bag for him.
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

No idea who they nominate, despite the fact that is an issue of burning importance. I had a discussion with a couple of political professionals the other night. One from D.C. and a regular commentator on these sorts of things, two others political pros at the State level, plus a three very serious amateurs. None of them can see any of the current crop of GOP nominees actually getting the nomination. None of us thought that the GOP electorate was that dumb.

Huntsman is the obvious choice if they want to win the election. If forced to guess from the existing field -- and it's a swinging wild ass guess -- is that Perry and Romney will be the last two standing and Perry will eek it out. But he'll be deeply damaged by the time it's over. And he's no more ready for prime time than my ignorant tom cat. The national press will make mincemeat out of him. The Republican base will eat that up, but he'll get about 10 independent votes in the entire country because they'll be scared shitless.

Two of the political pros made a prediction that the ultimate winner hasn't entered the race yet. Neither professed any inside knowledge, but they just thought that the current field is a de facto vacuum and that nature abhors a vacuum. The candidate most likely to join the field is probably Chris Christie. But I don't see him having any national appeal.

The other political pro suggested that this was what he called a suicide cycle where ideological purity goes to madness levels and the Republicans nominate someone who is just plain fucking bat shit crazy. His bet was Bachman. He thinks that until they see some conservative culture warrior poll in the mid 30's, they just can't face reality and see that that particular brand of lunacy won't fly.

Who the fuck knows. I certainly don't profess to know.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Against a generic Republican candidate, Obama seems to be vulnerable. In a head to head match-up against any of the announced Republicans, I suspect he would easily defeat them all but two. I believe the only two with a remote chance of beating Obama in the General Election are Huntsman and Romney. I do not feel either can win the Republican primary!

Houston, the Repubs have a problem!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Well

As a Republican, I would like to say that anybody would be better than President Obama. But half the Country thinks Mormonism is a Cult, so Romney can't win the nomination, much less the General. Bachman is batshit crazy with all of that religious shit. That, and she sure gave all of the heads of the major Oil Companies a good laugh with that ridiculous "under $2 a gallon" gasoline prediction.

Cain needs to go back to selling pizza, Gingrich has way too much baggage, and Ron Paul, while being the most honest of the bunch, is too old, and really does not want to be President, he just wants people to listen to him.

And then there is Perry. I keep saying, most of the left, and the major news organizations, are going to under estimate him. He sent the Breck Girl back to DC with Her tail between Her legs, and trounced ole "howdy doody" in the generl election. In fact, he has never come close to ever loosing an election.

If he makes the right VP choice, I could see Perry taking it all. Just like the current occupant of the Whitehouse, he is a master polititian, and will do, and say, just about anything to get elected. There is a lot of Bill Clinton in Rick Perry.

You really don't think he believes half of the shit he expouses, do you?? Hell, remember the Governors election 6 years ago. He put on a leather jacket, some jeans, combed that hair, went down to the border and said, "stop" to any illegal that would listen. Hell, two weeks after the election, he said "what border". And that prayer meeting? Well, he didn't go looking for Jesus, he went looking for votes. He knows how to tell the little old ladies exactly what they want to hear, and he does it with a great smile, and great hair.

With todays voter, that's a hard combo to beat.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Perry has only been tested in one of the Reddest of all Red Meat states. He has only ran against competition that never had a chance of winning. Don't mistake that as some kind of a national mandate! Nationally, Perry is burnt toast! Whereas GW had no problem luring the Independents to his camp in 2000 (the compassionate conservative slogan was a stroke of genius), I strongly believe Indy's will run far away from Perry in 2012. He is much too caustic to bring in national independents to supplement his solid Republican base. There are 3 Republican candidates that will energize the Dems base to get out and vote and move Indy's toward Obama. Those are: Perry, Bachman and Gingrich. If Palin gets in the race, you can add her to the short list.

In a head to head match up between Obama and Perry, the Prez wins by a sizable margin, perhaps as much as 10-12%! If the head to head matchup is Obama and Romney, I believe it is fairly even! Flip a coin! Obama and Huntsman, I would give a slight edge to Obama, but not by much. All of the rest, it would not be close!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Perry will get the nomination and win the election. I will explain how I know that will happen after the election. However, I am 99.9% sure of my source. Don't misunderstand, I do NOT want Perry as President, In fact, I don't think it matters who wins because nothing will change. Of those running, the only one I would support is Gary Johnson. Yeah, I know. Who's he?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Perry will get the nomination and win the election. I will explain how I know that will happen after the election. However, I am 99.9% sure of my source. Don't misunderstand, I do NOT want Perry as President, In fact, I don't think it matters who wins because nothing will change. Of those running, the only one I would support is Gary Johnson. Yeah, I know. Who's he?

Remember you heard it here first.

AMERICA HAS NO APPETITE FOR ANOTHER TEXAS GOVERNOR!!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Wellendowed your wrong! Your stance on Ron Paul is very weak. Obama has A LOT of work to do to get reelected! I can see that you believe corporate controlled mainstream media when it comes to picking candidates! It seems to me that they chose for you last election because you wanted to feel like a winner. I see that you've bought into the celebrity pop-culture that the elitists sold you with Obama. Their playing you like a fiddle! Hopefully you weren't one of the people who voted for Barry Soetoro just because you consider him to be black. He serves Rich White America, corporate America, special interest groups, Wall St lobbyists. Shit, Obama threw black Americans under the bus!

The media whores have gotten into your mind, you say that Ron Paul is unelectable and thats what every media whore is told to do by their masters or else. It's the billionaires who control what people see over their TV sets if you haven't figured that out. The (employees) of NBC, CBS, Fox news, and CNN all do as they are told or they get the pink slip. The owners control the shit, not the (little guys/employees).

The mean green that Congressman Ron Paul may supposedly want to legalize is not even his main message! How can you say that age will play a part of this? Barrack Obama is doing a horrible job for his age! Thats a weak issue you bring up and your trying to put incorrect information in peoples minds, maybe you should do some research on Ron Paul.

Check this video out, it's Maxine Waters of the Congressional Black Caucus and she's tired of making excuses for Obama! Listen to what pissed off fellow Black Americans have to say about Obama, "Let him go!" http://www.infowars.com/black-caucus...ses-for-obama/

Tell me why Obama isn't in the Black communities? It's because he serves the Rich! Haven't you figured that out?

Check this one out!
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...--the-top-tier

Here's one more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OqVQ5oUkU6w

So do you let the media chose for you on who is the most popular in America? Thats what the American Presidential race has become because there are a lot of fools out their that think this is an American Idol contest. Wouldn't you agree?

It seems to me that Ron Paul is the only one that has a spine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMse...layer_embedded
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Savajo View Post

It seems to me that Ron Paul is the only one that has a spine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMse...layer_embedded
Of all of the Republican candidates, RP is my favorite. Some of his positions are way out there, but I agree with his votes about 50% of the time. Which is more than I can say for the rest of the Republican candidates. (BTW, there is a reason he is called Dr. No.)
Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #12
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
No idea who they nominate, despite the fact that is an issue of burning importance. I had a discussion with a couple of political professionals the other night. One from D.C. and a regular commentator on these sorts of things, two others political pros at the State level, plus a three very serious amateurs. None of them can see any of the current crop of GOP nominees actually getting the nomination. None of us thought that the GOP electorate was that dumb.

Huntsman is the obvious choice if they want to win the election. If forced to guess from the existing field -- and it's a swinging wild ass guess -- is that Perry and Romney will be the last two standing and Perry will eek it out. But he'll be deeply damaged by the time it's over. And he's no more ready for prime time than my ignorant tom cat. The national press will make mincemeat out of him. The Republican base will eat that up, but he'll get about 10 independent votes in the entire country because they'll be scared shitless.

Two of the political pros made a prediction that the ultimate winner hasn't entered the race yet. Neither professed any inside knowledge, but they just thought that the current field is a de facto vacuum and that nature abhors a vacuum. The candidate most likely to join the field is probably Chris Christie. But I don't see him having any national appeal.

The other political pro suggested that this was what he called a suicide cycle where ideological purity goes to madness levels and the Republicans nominate someone who is just plain fucking bat shit crazy. His bet was Bachman. He thinks that until they see some conservative culture warrior poll in the mid 30's, they just can't face reality and see that that particular brand of lunacy won't fly.

Who the fuck knows. I certainly don't profess to know.
Huntsman is the obvious choice it they want to win the election!!!! You have to be kidding me TexTushHog!!!! Did you see how he placed at the Iowa Straw Poll???? Check this out and you tell me if Huntsman is a front runner! What kind of people do we have in this country????????
Is everyone blind?????

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...--the-top-tier

Look at how many votes Huntsman got at this straw poll. This tells me the credibility of your story and your decsion making ability! Did you hear what John Stewart had to say about him? Come on America! Wake up from your COMA!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #13
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The straw poll is only bat shit crazy Republicans. Of course he's going to loose it. That's why he can win the general election.

Huntsman believes in climate change. He thinks the government has a role to play in health care reform. He supported civil unions, but not same sex marriage. He avoids all the crazy issues that will sink every other Republican candidate with independent voters. And as between self-identified Democrats, Independents, and Republicans, Republicans are still the smallest group.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #14
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

There's no way in hell Huntsman is going to win this election and you know it. Huntsman is a joke! Oh I'm sure he's all for climate change just like that lunatic Al Gore is! So he probably supports carbon tax to huh? It makes a lot of sense to get taxed to breath. I'm sure Al's old lady had enough of hearing that same old bullshit day in and day out! Who gives a damn about climate change! Humans can't control that! Like climate change is a real "issue" in American politics right now. Candidates can't beat that worn out drum and expect to win. Americans are not buying that crap and there is no way anyone can sell that to them in Americas greatest hour. The people want to hear about "real issues." It's a losing proposition and any candidate who tries to even exploit climate change has sealed their fate.
I don't know how Huntsman wants to reform healthcare. The guy isn't even a front runner, I wouldn't put my money on that horse!

The only GOP candidate that has a chance at beating Obama is Congressman Ron Paul. He's been in the political spectrum longer and he knows his shit! Ron Paul is in there dominating!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Savajo View Post
Tell me why Obama isn't in the Black communities? .......
I believe that's the simplest question I have ever seen posted around here!! The Black Vote is already sealed up tighter than a frog's ass!

Unfortunately... I believe Wellendowed is probably correct... I should have said "unbelievably"... but I think the White House is BO's to lose!! * Still can't hardly believe I said it!!

I think there are a few quality Republican candidates... but none of them are polling anywhere near the top!* Couple that fact with almost every major news agency except one, sucking BO's cock at every chance.... I don't see him losing.* Still can't believe I said it!!

Given the current menu from either "side ".... I can see myself voting for another sure loser again!!* Stick a fork in the USA... it's over! *I may have nothing left, but my clear conscience, that's worth anything!

MrGiz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women