Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
rustyshackleford112.7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Default 17 Years Ago today

What was everyone doing when 9/11 went down 17 years ago?

I got a phone call at 8:30 am after working night shift and was told to turn on the TV and then get my ass down to the flightline ASAP. Live loaded 8 F-15Es with 500 rounds of 20MM, 2 AIM-9s and 2 AIM-120s and they took over combat air support over NY and DC by 11:00 am. Worked 14 hour shifts for the next month having 4 jets in the air at all times. One of the craziest days of my life..
rustyshackleford112.7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Pbmgd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

My experience was much less dramatic but completely seared into memory.

I was in graduate school. Like always, I hadn't completed my assignment that was due that morning. So I was up early banging to finish it in the student lounge. I always had the local NBC affiliate morning show on in the background while getting ready and I recall Matt Lauer opening the Today show saying that there were reports that there was a fire in one of the WTC towers and that there were unconfirmed reports that a small plane may have crashed into the second tower. I didn't think much of it and rushed to the student lounge.

When I arrived 20 minutes later, I noticed there were multiple people congregating around the TV monitors. This was unusual but in my rush, I thought nothing of it. For the next 45 minutes or so, I finished my assignment and rushed to my 10:00am class (we were in Eastern time). Class ended at 11:30am. When we exited the classroom, it was a surreal scene. Students and admin staff were crying, some sitting on the floor in shock. Then the next moment, someone asked me: "Did you hear that two planes hit the World Trade Center and now both have been completely destroyed?" I couldn't believe it. Being in the complete dark like that wouldn't happen today with Twitter and push notifications. Next thing I knew, people, some in tears, were asking me to use my cell phone since at least 20% of my peers had NYC-area cell phones and those area codes didn't work; they wanted to check in with loved ones. Classes were cancelled and then most everyone just congregated into classrooms and watched the news. All the classrooms had the TVs on and were filled with students watching all day and evening. I didn't go home until 11pm.

Crazy times.
Pbmgd is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

Some will always drink the kool aid no matter what, instead of looking at the facts as they really are...Things have never been what most believe it to be.........

Guest021824 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I was in Amsterdam
Jumped thru 20 security checks in Europe to get back.
Landed at Newark...no security at all
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I had literally just saved 20% on my insurance by switching to Geico.
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
idiot savant
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I had just landed on a 1 day business trip. We were in the rental car when the 2nd plane hit. We called the rental company and asked to keep the car. Drove home - 11 hours. Got home at midnight and that's the first time I saw any of the pics.

It was surreal that day. I'll never forget it. Every 9/11, I talk to the guy I drove all day with. We'll never forget.
idiot savant is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:56 PM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE View Post
Some will always drink the kool aid no matter what, instead of looking at the facts as they really are...Things have never been what most believe it to be.........

No, sometimes things are exactly as they are.

More drivel from the "grassy knoll" society.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #8
cinderbella
P411: ID # P86099

User ID: 109807
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I actually knew a guy who lived in NYC and witnessed the first plane to hit the tower. I asked him about it and what he did when he saw it. He told me that he was walking to work, he worked inside a plant where they poured molten iron into molds. He told me that he just happened to look up at the exact moment that the plane hit. I asked him what did he do??? Typical jaded New Yorker, he told me that he didn't have time to look up at the sky all day. He went to work. I couldn't believe he said that.
cinderbella is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Great Stories!

On 9/11 I found myself at a new job (my first day). I was on the phone with our Human Resource manager who was based in downtown Chicago in a high rise. Someone stepped into to his office and you could tell the HR manager was holding his hand over the phone.

The HR manager came back onto the phone and told me to go home. I assume I had been fired on my first day and was perplexed as I didn't think I was being an ass. I loaded all my belongings back into my car assuming I had lost my job. It wasn't until I was a couple of miles down the road I turned on the radio and learned what occurred.

17 years and I am still employed! Every so often I see our HR manager and he always smiles, and makes the comment "sent home on your first day and still employed." "How have you pulled that off?"
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:17 AM   #10
Cendell M
It’s a vibe 💋

User ID: 355668
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Cool XoXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE View Post

INSANITY IS INSANITY PERIOD....SMH, So the worst terrorist attack I witnessed was seeing the second plane hit the 2nd tower I was a Pre-school teacher and one of the most sad awful things I have ever whiteness in my life thus far and i'm glad i am still alive to see the day the Navy Seal killed him 2 in the face and 1 in the chest...

Lots of military in my family so i felt I should post where i was and how feel about it.... Osama tell Hitler high in Hell! and NO i don't believe President Bush knew thousands of Americans were going to die pfft conspiracy theories what would the world be with out them....IJS....

CARRY ON XoXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5DEROUA568 <<<<< Hmm....

Let's not forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO-eEBZuRCA Hilary Clinton

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uooe...ound::sleep_1: Bill Clinton

Just my opinion night night.
Cendell M is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:57 AM   #11
Cendell M
It’s a vibe 💋

User ID: 355668
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Unhappy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2LJnQ-lErM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-g...was-a-mistake/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkUI7CFdG4g Hero!

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/vi...ell-interview/ Hero!!!

Cendell M is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
fat_boii
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

I was trying to cross to George Washington bridge into new york to make a delivery in the bronx.
fat_boii is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
CuSoon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Rusty hats off to you. The event made some of us the fiercest warriors. Strike within the 24 to 48 hours anywhere in the world. Made the world smaller and it will not change. Thank you for your service. I remember. Best to you.
CuSoon is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #14
azteclust
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

I was in high school still and all our classrooms TV was on showing the live coverage.
azteclust is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women