Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #16
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

It reminds me of the scene in Titanic where the ship goes vertical and everyone falls off.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #17
Guest021010-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Did you ever hear of the boardgame TWIXT (c. 1968 by 3M Company)? It is a strategy game of building a fence to cross a board while blocking your opponent from crossing the board. A single move can change the momentum, requiring you to abandon a current fence line, and start a new fence. It seems complicated and simple (a paradox) but is a hoot to play.
ASPD as a site is dying, and the community is dividing with some rancor. It is easy to kick someone when they are down and powerless to resist. Such are the acts of bullies, IMHO. I am not taking sides, but I am reflecting on the death of ASPD, a site which we respect and wish to maintain in form if not in name. Death is almost always ugly, even grotesque. Let the dying die.
Let this site and community be a positive place from the get-go.

All that being said, the aspd owners' family evidently had various unspoken issues (I do not need to know) which apparently prevented their continuing the old site. Hence the demise of the old ASPD site. That family is starting the new site with a new vision.
I wish them well. I will check in from time to time.
I for one am not taking sides, but wishing well to both sides.

This site has borrowed a lot from aspd in format.
I am not an atty, but even a civilian can see an obvious infringement of copyright in the design, format, and especially in using certain names (ASPD, and the recently deceased founder) in one of the forums. I do not advocate conflict. But the founders of this site should not be surprised if the aspd owners' family protects its interest the same way Disney protested the 'borrowing' or other unauthorized use of Mickey's image (and others). Just something to consider. A way to avoid that might be to approach them with an offer of acknowledgment or other compensation by which to acquire their formal permission or acquiesence to this site's design and format. Do NOT make a take it or leave it offer. Negotiate in good faith. Seek a win-win.
Please accept this as a word to the wise.
I am not taking sides.
Let the good times roll.
HNY!
Randy
Guest021010-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #18
Bella_HHD
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 734

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Bella - I think you hijacked my thread, but for the better...

The ol'HDH really was a diverse group...this coming from someone that knows some ''dem
My apologies, alt - it wasn't intentional.

B.
Bella_HHD is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I'm not sure all of us who are critical of ASPD are doing so with malice, being bullies, to use your words. For myself, I've felt belittled and condescended to over there by some members of the management. Others have made me believe that they have no respect for us, that they are entitled to take and take and take without any obligation to give.

It's not so much kicking while they are down as it's pushing back someone who's already shoved you and spat in your face.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
johnnybax
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrogue View Post
Did you ever hear of the boardgame TWIXT (c. 1968 by 3M Company)? It is a strategy game of building a fence to cross a board while blocking your opponent from crossing the board. A single move can change the momentum, requiring you to abandon a current fence line, and start a new fence. It seems complicated and simple (a paradox) but is a hoot to play.
ASPD as a site is dying, and the community is dividing with some rancor. It is easy to kick someone when they are down and powerless to resist. Such are the acts of bullies, IMHO. I am not taking sides, but I am reflecting on the death of ASPD, a site which we respect and wish to maintain in form if not in name. Death is almost always ugly, even grotesque. Let the dying die.

All that being said, the aspd owners' family evidently had various unspoken issues (I do not need to know) which apparently prevented their continuing the old site. Hence the demise of the old ASPD site. That family is starting the new site with a new vision.

I am not an atty, but even a civilian can see an obvious infringement of copyright in the design, format, and especially in using certain names (ASPD, and the recently deceased founder) in one of the forums. I do not advocate conflict. But the founders of this site should not be surprised if the aspd owners' family protects its interest the same way Disney protested the 'borrowing' or other unauthorized use of Mickey's image (and others). Just something to consider. A way to avoid that might be to approach them with an offer of acknowledgment or other compensation by which to acquire their formal permission or acquiesence to this site's design and format. Do NOT make a take it or leave it offer. Negotiate in good faith. Seek a win-win.
I am not taking sides.
Let the good times roll.
HNY!
Randy
seriously? who does that?

johnnybax is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #21
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

As far as the threads about ASPD that have posts from there the moderator - one of the owners here - specifically states that he got permission from Deuce to do so.

As far as the look and feel of the site go this board is using vBulletin software (but a more updated version) than ASPD did. Take a look at indys.com, bestgfe, com, other discussion boards on many subjects, and many use this software as well. ASPD does not own the bulletin software, anyone who pays for it can use it.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
textodd11
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I had also offered servers, space and bandwidth to help out and got no response. The way they reacted was very suspicious. I hope not, but I think anyone who donates can pretty much kiss their donation goodbye since they don't really seem to have a clue as to what they're doing.
textodd11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #23
Guest082413-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2454
My ECCIE Reviews

That is disturbing. If I were in business and wanted to create a new website catered to a growing community, I would have taken you up on your offer for servers, bandwidth and everything you could have offered me. What a generous offer! Sounds like they only want $$$. Something is fishy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by textodd11 View Post
I had also offered servers, space and bandwidth to help out and got no response. The way they reacted was very suspicious. I hope not, but I think anyone who donates can pretty much kiss their donation goodbye since they don't really seem to have a clue as to what they're doing.
Guest082413-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #24
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Asking for member donations is unrealistic and naive. They have an opportunity to remodel as a successful business able to support itself and there's no shortage of people willing to see that happen.

They've had great offers, some even willing to take on the burden of start up until it turned a profit. However, any business person with the tools and skills already available at their fingertips isn't going to do that without receiving some form of business agreement. They can provide invaluable support and knowledge gained over years and much experience, and that's an investment into the business.

The request to donate to join an executive board sparked my interest, because I think a co-op board would be an interesting business venture. However, it increasingly sounds like you really get nothing in return for your financial investment into it's future.

It is money is better spent on advertising and friends you've met in person.

I don't think they're malicious or lack respect for members. I think they're amateur in the world of business and I think they're sentimental and unable to properly refocus on a serious approach to running a financially successful forum. They're accidentally contributing to the demise, by doing their damnedest to contain things.

I think the new forum will have some success, but I think it will be a shadow of what it was, and nothing compared to what it could be.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #25
Chevalier
Opinionated Curmudgeon

Encounters: 6
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
I think they're amateur in the world of business and I think they're sentimental and unable to properly refocus on a serious approach to running a financially successful forum.
And if you substitute a generic "business" for "forum," that's true of a lot of people. That's perhaps a primary reason that successful entrepreneurs are relatively rare and most small businesses fail. It's easy to conceptualize a business idea, but much harder to evaluate it objectively and execute it well.
Chevalier is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #26
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

In all fairness they seem to want to continue what their sister and friend had in mind when the board first started; throw into the mix grief and clearly a complicated legal situation and it becomes a major challenge to think through all the implications that actions may have. It becomes more difficult if there is a vision in mind that is so focused that it is unchangeable. Who knows eraps could do well if they manage to get it up soon, stranger things have happened.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #27
dick gizinia
Gaining Momentum

I just joined this site. It seems to have a similar look and feel. Been on ASPD for a couple of years and it was a great source for fun and frivolity as they say. Some fun and interesting people too. Many good contacts (in the biblical sense) came from there and I hope this site will fulfill my continued commitment to the hobby. The donation request sparked as fishy to me as well. Lots of bitterness coming from some over there. I wish them well and hope I see a few of my hobbying buddies here.
dick gizinia is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #28
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I would rather celebrate how wonderful this site is than mourn the demise of ASPD as we knew it.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #29
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrogue View Post

I am not taking sides.
Let the good times roll.
HNY!
Randy
I don't think anyone is trying to kick ASPD while it is down. Most, if not all, of us have at least some warm memories of it & at least for me it is more a feeling of "what went wrong???" I think if anything many of us have been generous in our commentary (or refraining from commentary altogether) out of respect for the circumstances. I think a frank analysis would be much more harsh.

As for legal assessment about design, as DG pointed out this is commercial software that many, many, message boards - everything from sports to religion - use. Maybe you should get out more That is like a kid in a small town that only has a Burger King going to the big city & suggesting all these other burger places ripped off Burger King.

I've always thought the one thing from an IP standpoint that ASPD had that could be protected, monetized (and actually had value) was the name "High Dollar Hottie" itself. However I'm not aware of any efforts to protect that.

The other thing I'll take issue with in your post is generalizing about "the owner's family" & their position on anything -- from what I can tell different members are in very different places.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #30
terbul
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberLove View Post
I just posted on the Houston version of that thread. Basically, I'd be happy to donate if they can answer me in regards to where they came up with the arbitrary 10K number. I'm part owner of a large adult forum that serves a similar industry, and the figures for startup and operations were nowhere near the 10K mark. I'd need some documentation, especially since so many ASPD members are out in the cold in regards to their BCD payments, Sponsor Ad payments, and banner placement payments-- without so much as an apology.
Based on posts by the owner/operators of ASPD they lack the technical skills to set up and operate the site. If they were planning to pay for all of the development and hire administrator(s) they could run up a lot of dollars quickly
terbul is offline   Quote