Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40250
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 12-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #16
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

WHAT ABOUT POOR LemonJello!!!! JUSTICE FOR LemonJello!! and a Ferrari

http://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2017/1...a-shoplifting/

bahahaaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #17
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
WHAT ABOUT POOR LemonJello!!!! JUSTICE FOR LemonJello!! and a Ferrari

http://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2017/1...a-shoplifting/

bahahaaa
Oh, that shit didn’t happen under the great John Wooden did it? Or maybe it did. Fuck Lew Alcindor.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #18
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Oh, that shit didn’t happen under the great John Wooden did it? Or maybe it did. Fuck Lew Alcindor.

it did. and Wooden suspended one of KareemPuff Alcinder's team mates over it.

i wonder how many $100 handshakes KareemPuff Alcinder got at Westwood?

bahahaaaaaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #19
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The difference in the student athlete going to college to gain an education in preparation for the NBA and a student going to college to gain an education to be a engineer is the student athlete gets his for free.
Which is something i have ALWAYS hated.. Why should someone going 'pro' get his education paid for, when he's going to be earning FAR MORE than that engineer could ever hope to get..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The majority of student-athletes realize that they are students first and athletes second.
Not based on experience.. How many news stoies have we seen where teachers were told to 'fudge this guys grades so he can keep playing, we gotta big game this week!".. Or where an athlete MISSED class, but was 'not docked grades and the like..
SEEMS to ME THEY are more athletes, and students "If they wish to be"..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #20
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolboy View Post
LaVar Ball said his son's suspension was unfair because he was not charged for stealing from the three stores that caught him on film. Most think President Trump had something to do with his release, and lack of charges, although LaVar does not seem to recognize that.

I get the feeling that a formal education for his son is not high on the priority list for LaVar.
Racist
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #21
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Racist

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #22
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
W

Not based on experience.. How many news stoies have we seen where teachers were told to 'fudge this guys grades so he can keep playing, we gotta big game this week!".. Or where an athlete MISSED class, but was 'not docked grades and the like..
SEEMS to ME THEY are more athletes, and students "If they wish to be"..
And how much experience have you had with college athletes? My son had a partial track scholarship to Rice. He was a student first, athlete second. I can guarantee you that every athlete at Rice was student first. Yes, there have been cases where athletes have been "given" grades but that is the rare exception rather than the rule. If you have any proof to the contrary please let me know the source. Out of the 10s of thousands of college athletes, a small handful of students in the major revenue sports of football and basketball MAY BE given a grade they did not deserve.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #23
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
And how much experience have you had with college athletes?
Personally none. From fellow gamers, and fellow veterans who are (or are married to) teachers and faculty at high schools and colleges, or are cops, over 80.
All over the country (and 4 living overseas but still in teaching).. The # of times they mention "WE had more teachers today get disciplined for Not properly punishing "STUDENT ATHLETES" cause the coaches of the teams pressured them into not dinking their 'stars', are all over the place..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #24
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
Personally none. From fellow gamers, and fellow veterans who are (or are married to) teachers and faculty at high schools and colleges, or are cops, over 80.
All over the country (and 4 living overseas but still in teaching).. The # of times they mention "WE had more teachers today get disciplined for Not properly punishing "STUDENT ATHLETES" cause the coaches of the teams pressured them into not dinking their 'stars', are all over the place..
That may happen to some extent at the HS level but I believe it is rare at the college level. At one time it was more than likely more prevalent but in today's world i believe it to be a rarity. A couple of years ago a star basketball player at my alma mater was suspended for having another student write a paper for him. Students can use the internet to buy such papers. There are ridiculously easy courses for athletes to take if they need them. But I doubt you will find much evidence to support college coaches asking professors to change athlete's grades. Student/athletes have access to tutors if they are having trouble with their studies, an advantage not given to other students. All they have to do is take 12 credit hours a semester. Academic advisors travel with them on road trips. There is little reaason for a student/athlete to fail, but it certainly happens when priorities are mixed up.

At the college level, all you need is one professor to come forward and report the coach to the school and the NCAA and the coach could be out of a job paying millions of dollars. Is it worth the risk?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #25
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 27

Quote:
That may happen to some extent at the HS level but I believe it is rare at the college level. At one time it was more than likely more prevalent but in today's world i believe it to be a rarity. A couple of years ago a star basketball player at my alma mater was suspended for having another student write a paper for him. Students can use the internet to buy such papers. There are ridiculously easy courses for athletes to take if they need them. But I doubt you will find much evidence to support college coaches asking professors to change athlete's grades. Student/athletes have access to tutors if they are having trouble with their studies, an advantage not given to other students. All they have to do is take 12 credit hours a semester. Academic advisors travel with them on road trips. There is little reaason for a student/athlete to fail, but it certainly happens when priorities are mixed up.

At the college level, all you need is one professor to come forward and report the coach to the school and the NCAA and the coach could be out of a job paying millions of dollars. Is it worth the risk?
I wonder what would happen to the professor who blew the whistle on their star athlete and coach.
goodolboy is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:26 AM   #26
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolboy View Post
I wonder what would happen to the professor who blew the whistle on their star athlete and coach.
The whistle has been blown many times on coaches and their programs. Ask Rick Pitino, formerly U. of Louisville head basketball coach. Has anyone been fired for such whistle blowing? I don't know but it would open up grounds for lawsuits.

Here is a list of college athletic programs currently on probation for NCAA violations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_on_probation
Old 12-09-2017, 07:31 AM   #27
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
it did. and Wooden suspended one of KareemPuff Alcinder's team mates over it.

i wonder how many $100 handshakes KareemPuff Alcinder got at Westwood?

bahahaaaaaa
Yeah, the Bruins played in Pittsburgh a couple years in the Steel Bowl tournament. Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe stepped off the plane in full length raccoon coats. Just a normal wardrobe item a college kid from Westwood would have in their closet. The picture was on the front page of the Post Gazette. They destroyed everybody. Great team.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #28
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The difference in the student athlete going to college to gain an education in preparation for the NBA and a student going to college to gain an education to be a engineer is the student athlete gets his for free.
Don’t be an idiot.

How much does UT charge for tickets to watch an engineering student study?

Maybe our reigning DOTY knows.

When engineering students generating millions of dollars for the department, you can bet your ass that the students will start getting it for free,

As usual, your reasoning has a big dark hole in the middle of it.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #29
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Don’t be an idiot.

How much does UT charge for tickets to watch an engineering student study?

Maybe our reigning DOTY knows.

When engineering students generating millions of dollars for the department, you can bet your ass that the students will start getting it for free,

As usual, your reasoning has a big dark hole in the middle of it.
An engineering student will actually do something with their degrees. It’s actually worth something. Far too many athletes do nothing in school but play their sport. And a very small percentage go on to earn a living in their chosen sport. It’s a shame that some of these kids on an athletic scholarship don’t take full advantage of the opportunity they earned through their athletic prowess. But this is a topic for its own thread.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #30
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
An engineering student will actually do something with their degrees. It’s actually worth something. Far too many athletes do nothing in school but play their sport. And a very small percentage go on to earn a living in their chosen sport. It’s a shame that some of these kids on an athletic scholarship don’t take full advantage of the opportunity they earned through their athletic prowess. But this is a topic for its own thread.
Watch 30 for 30 broke. Lots of story's about broke athletes who should have made good use of their free college education.
goodolboy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women