Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 12-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #16
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52

Saw The Last Jedi myself. I will just say this, while it hasn't done justice to the series at all to the story, it was ok to say the least as it's own film. Story I am not thrilled with, but the cinema, action and sound/music was pretty good. Aesthetically it looked like an authentic Star Wars film. Story has just fallen off a cliff however, pun intended. Entertaining and worth the watch in theaters, yes absolutely. Over-hyped though, a bit. The new series of 7 through 9 seems like kids would enjoy them more than adults as it is more of a Go Go Go type of movie series as opposed to deep plot and story with intelligent conversations between the characters (Rogue One), but that is my take on it without saying too much. Hoping Solo follows Rogue One's path, and not the Episodic ones.

Not best film of the year and I will keep to my choices of Blade Runner and Logan for best Film of 2017.

Saw some other good choices too. Need to finish Atomic Blonde, started the other day but have been tired as of late so keep falling asleep lol. Want to see Detroit and Baby Driver still. Heard those were pretty good also.

Bush Pilot, I will agree with you on Darkest Hour for sure on Best Actor in a leading role. Epic performance for sure.
Dr Grey is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #17
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pilot View Post
Saw Darkest Hour last night. Not sure it will snag best film, but Gary Oldman's portayal of Churchill is phenomenal. Were it up to me, he'd get the Oscar for best actor in a leading role.
Some good historic movies coming out for the holidays.
Washington post one and the other they kicked out Kevin Spacey for Christopher Plummer.

Missed Dunkirk.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #18
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

The Post with Tom Hanks does look good. Will be watching that one also. Dunkirk was probably the best movie I saw during the summer, great movie. Enjoyed Nolan's style of the war, seemed pretty authentic to me, perhaps best director award this last year.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:42 AM   #19
GeorgeDRII
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I thought Logan was a real good Marvel film depicting an almost apocalyptic future for mutants. As for the last Jedi? Well it certainly didn't show Luke as powerful as he truly is according to the books and spin offs comic series. He once controlled a bunch of light sabers 30+ I think in a fight. He also leveled an entire army using the force throw. He was the only one to easily beat the emperor in a light saber duel. Yes the emperor jumped bodies if you remember him talking to a young Anakin at the time. So yeah it's a sure fire Disney fuckup! Dunkirk was a sort of close depiction of the Brits getting booted off of the European continent during WWII. Hitler actually let them leave instead of a wholesale slaughter. Don't remember why he did let them leave. Didn't see any of the other films though.
GeorgeDRII is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #20
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Dunkirk. If you haven't seen it, hurry.
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #21
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDRII View Post
I thought Logan was a real good Marvel film depicting an almost apocalyptic future for mutants. As for the last Jedi? Well it certainly didn't show Luke as powerful as he truly is according to the books and spin offs comic series. He once controlled a bunch of light sabers 30+ I think in a fight. He also leveled an entire army using the force throw. He was the only one to easily beat the emperor in a light saber duel. Yes the emperor jumped bodies if you remember him talking to a young Anakin at the time. So yeah it's a sure fire Disney fuckup! Dunkirk was a sort of close depiction of the Brits getting booted off of the European continent during WWII. Hitler actually let them leave instead of a wholesale slaughter. Don't remember why he did let them leave. Didn't see any of the other films though.
We would like to think the Extended Universe exists within the Star Wars films, but it does not. They said they haven't acknowledged them. Maybe some subtle details, but not for main story purposes. There is a trilogy of books that take place after Episode 6 where Luke trains the new Jedi. Han had three kids, not one. Ben, Anikan, and I can never remember the other one. Anikan was the most powerful in that series. Ben does turn dark however, but they only use him in the movies for simplification and not ruin the entire outside universe, but it only made sense Han and Leia had a kid after Return of the Jedi. See my Unofficial Review. Might make more sense at the direction Disney took. And no, I am not a screen writer or Disney employee lol. Just after seeing the film, those were my thoughts having read on the historical continuity of the previous films.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #22
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtiger View Post
Amazing film for sure.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #23
Capital_G
Valued Poster

Default "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri". (93% Rotten Tomatoes)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU
Capital_G is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:01 AM   #24
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Love the non PC attitude she has in 3 billboards.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:10 AM   #25
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtiger View Post
DVD is already released.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #26
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital_G View Post
"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri". (93% Rotten Tomatoes)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU
Forgot to mention this movie.
Love the actress.
You bet'cha
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #27
Weissach
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Damn.. I am NOT a movie goer, but I need to see that one!!
Weissach is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #28
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

For me it a toss up between Dunkirk and The Darkest Hour. Oldman is amazing but the story of Dunkirk is so well done with a minimal amount of dialogue. The horror not the faces of the soldiers tells a story far beyond mere words.
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #29
a10bomb
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

Looks like oldman will finally get his oscar
a10bomb is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #30
ammonite
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

Loved the Darkest Hour Don't know if Oldham will get the Oscar, but he deserves it.
Darkest Hour and Dunkirk make a great set.
Throw in the Kings Speech from a few years ago and you get a very good picture of England standing alone against the Nazi monsters.
ammonite is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women