Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70389
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35186
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2024, 06:43 PM   #1
Supra
BANNED

Default March 31, Easter Sunday, is Transgender Day of Visibility

Biden declares March 31, Easter Sunday, as Transgender Day of Visibility. Honestly doesn't sit well with me at all. Easter Sunday, is Easter Sunday. No exceptions.

And the Trump camp was all over it. Who can blame them.

The Democratic president issued the proclamation on Friday, calling on “all Americans to join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cam...231429283.html
Supra is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 08:11 PM   #2
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Please explain to me how eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity is against god?
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 08:57 PM   #3
Tigbitties38
Valued Poster

It isn't.
What day is Easter next year? Not March 31.

The trumpys bitch about everything. It's pretty funny the conservative hypocrites support trump and all his anti-christianity actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Please explain to me how eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity is against god?
Tigbitties38 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:00 PM   #4
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

The Biden of 20 or 30 years ago wouldn't have picked March 31. He would have picked another day. That shows he's slipping, and guided by young progressives who don't understand political calculus the way Old Joe used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigbitties38 View Post
It isn't.
I hope it doesn't end up as another paid federal holiday. From that perspective I'd rather see it fall on a Sunday than March 31. That makes me think of the Bangles tune, "It's just another Sunday, that's my Trans Day." Well, I don't need an excuse to relax around the house in one my teddies or some other lingerie. Every day is Trans Day in the Tiny Household!
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:47 PM   #5
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Biden declares March 31, Easter Sunday, as Transgender Day of Visibility. Honestly doesn't sit well with me at all. Easter Sunday, is Easter Sunday. No exceptions.

And the Trump camp was all over it. Who can blame them.

The Democratic president issued the proclamation on Friday, calling on “all Americans to join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cam...231429283.html
Easter Sunday is a day Christians reflect on the resurrection of Christ. That's all any Christian should think of it as. Nothing else should share Easter Sunday. Biden should have picked a different day for "Transgender Visibility Day". Like most things Democrats do when it comes to Christianity it's blasphemy and demeans God.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:36 AM   #6
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Easter Sunday is a day Christians reflect on the resurrection of Christ. That's all any Christian should think of it as. Nothing else should share Easter Sunday. Biden should have picked a different day for "Transgender Visibility Day". Like most things Democrats do when it comes to Christianity it's blasphemy and demeans God.
That’s unfortunate because Easter changes dates every rear.

With the annual change from April to March and back again, it's not always easy to keep track of the Easter date. Unlike Christmas and Valentine's Day, the date of Easter changes every year. It can be as early as March 22 or as late as April 25. It comes early this year, falling on the last Sunday of the month, March 31. This is 10 days earlier than last year's April 9 date. Next year, Easter is back to the month of April, falling much later than the past two years on April 20, 2025. Of course, this also means that the beginning of Lent and Ash Wednesday change dates every year, too.

But you keep on being offended over this supposed slur. According to your own words “Easter Sunday is a day Christians reflect on the resurrection of Christ. That's all any Christian should think of it as.” All christians should try concentrating on that and ignoring the rest.
Old 03-31-2024, 02:08 AM   #7
Supra
BANNED

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigbitties38 View Post
It isn't.

The trumpys bitch about everything. It's pretty funny the conservative hypocrites support trump and all his anti-christianity actions.
Easter Sunday, is Easter Sunday. No exceptions.
Supra is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:38 AM   #8
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Easter Sunday, is Easter Sunday. No exceptions.
Well, here is a list of holidays that also fall on March 31st. Why don’t you find out if any of these other holidays offends you as well and you can see about starting a protest movement against all secular holidays.

https://www.holidays-and-observances.com/march-31.html

2024 Daily Holidays that fall on March 31, include:
Anesthesia Tech Day
Cesar Chavez Day - March 31, 2024 (Usually on March 31st)
Dance Marathon Day
Easter Sunday - March 31, 2024
Eiffel Tower Day
International Hug a Medievalist Day
International Transgender Day of Visibility
National Baked Ham with Pineapple Day - March 31, 2024 (Same Day as Easter)
National Bunsen Burner Day
National Clams on the Half Shell Day
National Crayon Day
National Farm Workers Day
National Prom Day
National She's Funny That Way
Tater Day
Transfer Day - (U.S. Virgin Islands)
World Backup Day

2024 Weekly Holidays that include March 31, are:
Make Mine Chocolate - (Campaign kicks off annually on Feb 15, and ends on Easter which is March 31, 2024)
NanoDays - March 30 - April 7, 2024 (Last Weekend in March - First Weekend in April)
National Green Week - February 4 - April 30, 2024 (Start First Full Week in February to April 30)
National Physicians Week - March 25-31
National Protocol Officer's Week - March 28 - April 3, 2024 (Last Week of March)
National Second-Hand Shopping Week - March 24-30, 2024 (Fourth Full Week of March)
Orthodox Holy Week - March 24 - April 1, 2024
Orthodox Lent - Begins on Ash Wednesday - March 18, 2024 - May 4, 2024 (Begins on Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday)
Passiontide - March 17 - 30, 2024 (Passion Week + Holy Week)
Ramadan - Evening of March 10, 2024 - Evening of April 8, 2024
Tsunami Awareness Week (Alaska) - March 26-31, 2024
Tsunami Awareness Week (California) - March 23-31, 2024
World Hula Week - March 31 - April 6, 2024 (Begins on Easter Sunday)
Old 03-31-2024, 06:58 AM   #9
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
That’s unfortunate because Easter changes dates every rear.

With the annual change from April to March and back again, it's not always easy to keep track of the Easter date. Unlike Christmas and Valentine's Day, the date of Easter changes every year. It can be as early as March 22 or as late as April 25. It comes early this year, falling on the last Sunday of the month, March 31. This is 10 days earlier than last year's April 9 date. Next year, Easter is back to the month of April, falling much later than the past two years on April 20, 2025. Of course, this also means that the beginning of Lent and Ash Wednesday change dates every year, too.

But you keep on being offended over this supposed slur. According to your own words “Easter Sunday is a day Christians reflect on the resurrection of Christ. That's all any Christian should think of it as.” All christians should try concentrating on that and ignoring the rest.
Yeah it does, but he picked this years Easter probably intentionally. Besides what's the point in setting aside a special day for Transgenders?
Old 03-31-2024, 07:13 AM   #10
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

The Transgender Day of Visibility has been observed on March 31 for 15 years. To be honest, until this post I did not know it existed, but this is such a trivial issue in my opinion. Biden had nothing to do with the coincidence the day is also Easter Sunday.

"The Transgender Day of Visibility, observed on March 31 each year, was started by advocates 15 years ago as a way to celebrate transgender people and raise awareness of the discrimination they face.

Easter falls on a different date each year that is determined by a calculation related to lunar phases — the overlap between the two this year is coincidental. It is common for there to be multiple proclamations for the same date: Easter Sunday will also be Cesar Chavez day."

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...e-war-00149841
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:18 AM   #11
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah it does, but he picked this years Easter probably intentionally. Besides what's the point in setting aside a special day for Transgenders?
Is it any more special than national bunsen burner day, or National Clams on the Half Shell Day, or National Crayon Day, or National Farm Workers Day, or National Prom Day. All holidays on March 31st.

As speedracer pointed out it appears to be national coincidence day.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:22 AM   #12
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The Transgender Day of Visibility has been observed on March 31 for 15 years. To be honest, until this post I did not know it existed, but this is such a trivial issue in my opinion. Biden had nothing to do with the coincidence the day is also Easter Sunday.

"The Transgender Day of Visibility, observed on March 31 each year, was started by advocates 15 years ago as a way to celebrate transgender people and raise awareness of the discrimination they face.

Easter falls on a different date each year that is determined by a calculation related to lunar phases — the overlap between the two this year is coincidental. It is common for there to be multiple proclamations for the same date: Easter Sunday will also be Cesar Chavez day."

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...e-war-00149841
I've never heard of this Bullshit until now.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:36 AM   #13
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I've never heard of this Bullshit until now.
Neither have I. Which is why I say it is no big deal and is being blown out of proportion by certain individuals. It's been "celebrated" for 15 years on the same date and now it's a problem?
Old 03-31-2024, 07:48 AM   #14
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Neither have I. Which is why I say it is no big deal and is being blown out of proportion by certain individuals. It's been "celebrated" for 15 years on the same date and now it's a problem?
Well if the two happened to clash on the same day then yeah it's no big deal really. But if it was specifically picked like I thought it was then I am not inclined to support that decision.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:55 AM   #15
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well if the two happened to clash on the same day then yeah it's no big deal really. But if it was specifically picked like I thought it was then I am not inclined to support that decision.
As I showed earlier, the March 31 date has been in existence for 15 years.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women