Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452831
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #16
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
She lost those states. Elections aren’t a game of hand grenades. She was a huge favorite to win those states but lost every one of them. I can’t see how a “huge” supporter of Reagan votes for a guy like Obama. You must have had a lobotomy along the way.
Very simple. My 401k had lost 25% of its value in the last days of the Bush presidency. Couple that with a ticket of McCain/Palin and that convinced me a change was needed. Sarah Palin has to be the dumbest person to ever run for the office of VP. I couldn't imagine her being a "heartbeat away from the presidency". I would say that anyone voting for a ticket with Palin on it is in need of a lobotomy.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #17
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Very simple. My 401k had lost 25% of its value in the last days of the Bush presidency. Couple that with a ticket of McCain/Palin and that convinced me a change was needed. Sarah Palin has to be the dumbest person to ever run for the office of VP. I couldn't imagine her being a "heartbeat away from the presidency". I would say that anyone voting for a ticket with Palin on it is in need of a lobotomy.
Yeah, what was wrong with Romney? Bottomline, a conservative doesn’t vote for a liberal. Twice. But you always side with the lefties. You try to play the centrist, but you’re not. It wasn’t Bush’s fault your 401k tanked. Lots of blame to go around. Wasn’t it Barney Franks idea to give everyone a mortgage?
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #18
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Agreed. Im not sure the country can take 4 more years of Trump. It would be as bad as 4 more years of me posting in here for 4 more years. I don't think people could handle it

You are probably right about that last part.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #19
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

All of us are in rare form tonight.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #20
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah, what was wrong with Romney? Bottomline, a conservative doesn’t vote for a liberal. Twice. But you always side with the lefties. You try to play the centrist, but you’re not. It wasn’t Bush’s fault your 401k tanked. Lots of blame to go around. Wasn’t it Barney Franks idea to give everyone a mortgage?
In the first 4 years of Obama my 401k had gone up dramatically. Since retirement was in the near future and my 401k was a substantial part of my retirement plans, I was very thankful, whether Obama was responsible or not. So I thought it wise to give Obama another 4 years.

I never said I was a Conservative. I have some Conservative values and some Liberal values. You have absolutely no idea where my views are on issues. I don't like Trump. Many Conservatives don't like Trump. Not liking Trump does not automatically put you at the far left of the political spectrum.

No, it wasn't Bush's fault the market took a dive in 2008 but he was POTUS and as Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". Was it Jimmy Carter's fault that interest rates were about 20% in 1980 and Reagan took advantage of it by asking voters "Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?"?
Old 02-18-2019, 03:40 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea where my views are on issues.

Quote:
I don't like Trump.
Yes, we do.

Pumping borrowed money down rat holes that other people have to pay back is not good economics.

Especially when the one doing it is using others' money to pay back his supporters.

"The Medicine Man's Smile"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #22
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
You can’t disagree with me because it hasn’t been equaled in modern times. I doubt any candidate will ever win 49 states again. Trumps win was memorable because nobody thought he would win. Even up to 7pm on election night. Turns out it really wasn’t close.
Nixon '72...60%vote & 49 states...never will understand why he went along with the Watergate cover up...he didn't know until after the break-in!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_U...ntial_election
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #23
Financeman22
Premium Access

Encounters: 37

If you win by 1 or a 1000, it doesn't matter, u still won!!!!
Financeman22 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #24
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Trump had 304 electoral votes in 2016. Obama had 332 in 2012 and 365 in 2008. So if you call Trump's victory in 2016 a landslide, what do you call Obama's victories in 2008 and 2012? Super landslides?
Very unfortunate occurrences...
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #25
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
In the first 4 years of Obama my 401k had gone up dramatically. Since retirement was in the near future and my 401k was a substantial part of my retirement plans, I was very thankful, whether Obama was responsible or not. So I thought it wise to give Obama another 4 years.

I never said I was a Conservative. I have some Conservative values and some Liberal values. You have absolutely no idea where my views are on issues. I don't like Trump. Many Conservatives don't like Trump. Not liking Trump does not automatically put you at the far left of the political spectrum.

No, it wasn't Bush's fault the market took a dive in 2008 but he was POTUS and as Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". Was it Jimmy Carter's fault that interest rates were about 20% in 1980 and Reagan took advantage of it by asking voters "Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?"?
When it comes to your posts in this forum we can certainly see you’re a Liberal. We can do one of your cherished polls here and you would grade out as a Liberal. So, since it seems like your 401k is a leading factor in how you vote, Trump seems to be your logical choice as of today. As for Carter, he was responsible for the complete malaise in our country during his time. But he did have help. The Democrats held wide majorities in both houses. So Reagan’s question, “Are you better off than 4 years ago” was an easy one to answer. Hence the historic drubbing Mondale took.

http://humanevents.com/2007/05/23/ji...ior-years/amp/
Old 02-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Very unfortunate occurrences...
Not for "him" .... he got to sop up on the Gubiment some mo!

That's why he's smiling ... other people's money!
Old 02-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #27
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
When it comes to your posts in this forum we can certainly see you’re a Liberal. We can do one of your cherished polls here and you would grade out as a Liberal. So, since it seems like your 401k is a leading factor in how you vote, Trump seems to be your logical choice as of today.
My 401k has been reinvested and it does not matter whether the stock market goes up or down. I get the same monthly income from the money for the rest of my life. Now it does matter as to how much money might be left over after I die, but I don't really care about that.

Again, just because I don't like Trump does not automatically put me on the Liberal side of politics. Disliking the man's character has nothing to do with political views. I have taken 2 on-line "tests" which attempt to indicate whether a person is Liberal or Conservative. On one, I was slightly on the Liberal side. On the other, I was right down the middle. Depending on the issue in question, I find that assessment to be correct. Which is why I consider myself to be an Independent and I will vote for whom I consider to be the best candidate. Had Kasich been the Republican nominee in 2016 I would have, in all likelihood, voted for him.

I realize that is a difficult concept for most Trump supporters on this forum to comprehend -- not voting 100% by party line.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:10 AM   #28
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I can’t see how a “huge” supporter of Reagan votes for a guy like Obama. You must have had a lobotomy along the way.
The both doubled the national debt in 8 years!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:14 AM   #29
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
My 401k has been reinvested and it does not matter whether the stock market goes up or down. I get the same monthly income from the money for the rest of my life. Now it does matter as to how much money might be left over after I die, but I don't really care about that.

Again, just because I don't like Trump does not automatically put me on the Liberal side of politics. Disliking the man's character has nothing to do with political views. I have taken 2 on-line "tests" which attempt to indicate whether a person is Liberal or Conservative. On one, I was slightly on the Liberal side. On the other, I was right down the middle. Depending on the issue in question, I find that assessment to be correct. Which is why I consider myself to be an Independent and I will vote for whom I consider to be the best candidate. Had Kasich been the Republican nominee in 2016 I would have, in all likelihood, voted for him.

I realize that is a difficult concept for most Trump supporters on this forum to comprehend -- not voting 100% by party line.
How about Clinton supporters? They vote party line. YR, TM and SC certainly vote straight ticket. Again, you bash the Right without mentioning the Left. I did vote for Clinton in his second term. The economy was good and he pivoted to the right. But he disgraced the office. Dole was a much better man. Should have voted for him. The 2020 election will probably pit a far left candidate to run against Trump. As Jim Webb learned, there’s no room in the Democratic Party for a centrist.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:22 AM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The 2020 election will probably pit a far left candidate to run against Trump. As Jim Webb learned, there’s no room in the Democratic Party for a centrist.
That's because they are "poll watching" .... and eat their own.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women