Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2019, 12:20 AM   #16
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101
Exclamation

'Andiamo' translate to 'Let's Go!''

Yes! Let's Go! Go very far away from them.

Another Italian restaurant that's highly recommended is Antonio in Addison Circle.

Avoid!

I went there only one time after several folks raved about it.

They served me Caesar's Salad with wilted lettuce, Risotto with rice that was still crunchy because it was raw, scallops and shrimps that were still translucent from being uncooked and that's after waiting 1 hour for the entree to arrive after the salad.

1 hour to prepare it and they couldn't even cook the rice, the scallops and shrimp all the way through and it was not a busy night, only 3 other two-tops.

I called the waiter over and I showed him my food was still raw and I told him I couldn't eat it.

He called the manager over and he, instead of offering to have it remade or asking me I want to substitute something else for it, was to say: what do you want me to do about it?

You are the manager. You go tell your chef that the food was raw and it can get someone ill especially raw seafood.

But you ask me what you should do about it? What the heck kind of manager are you?

He also didn't give me a discount or comp the meal or anything.

I paid for the meal with a credit card and then filed a claim with my bank who went after them and a week or so later, the money was put back into my bank account.

I also reported them to the health department and they were inspected a couple of weeks after I was there and were given a D rating.

The attitude of the management at Antonio is same as the attitude of the management at Andiamo - based from these reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/andiamo-ita..._by=rating_asc

I guess anyone can manage a restaurant nowadays.

No restaurant and hospitality college degree required.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:55 AM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Lucia
Sprezza
Nonna

None is strictly “Italian”, nit that there really is such a thing. Italian cuisine is much too regional to be one national cussine.

Lucia is a very good example of what traditional Umbrian and Tuscan cooking would be like if you had only fresh Texas ingredients to work with. In the sense that it uses local, seasonal ingredients, I would argue that it is the most authentic “Italian” of the three.

Nonna is a bit of a co,binational of Cal-Italian and Tex-Italian. Extrodinarily we’ll done. Sprezza, is Ronan Tratoria style Italian food with some concession to local ingredients. But these three are the best of the local crop.

Penne Pomodoro deserves honorable mention. I can’t think of any other I would recommend, though I don’t eat pizza.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #18
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

I've never known any Italians (or Sicilians for that matter) to take Pizza seriously. Its peasant food. My grandmother would roll her eyes at you if you even mentioned pizza.

Honestly, there aren't any really authentic Italian restaurants in the area. There are some decent Americanized options. Joe's in Addison is decent.. but is really not authentic.

I haven't had decent Italian food since leaving the Northeast. If you want really good food, you have to go where the Italian population is the highest.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:23 PM   #19
Butch Cassidy
Premium Access

Encounters: 169

I only scrolled through this to see what Grace would suggest cuz I follow her posts(incidentally Grace the fact that youre Italian up's your hotness factor)
Alfredo's out at Midway and Trinity Mills is some of the best value Italian around imo....
Sorry but I love the lasagna at Maggiano's.
Scoffers can scoff but the spaghetti and meatballs at Cheesecake Factory rocks..
Has anyone mentioned Jimmy's down off Fitzhugh east of 75?
Butch Cassidy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #20
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Jimmy's is where I go to buy ingredients whenever I'm cooking. Great sandwiches... and really the best Italian sausage you're gonna get in DFW.

Technically I'm Sicilian/Calabrese... but as the saying goes "Una faccia, una razza".
Old 02-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #21
Butch Cassidy
Premium Access

Encounters: 169

Grace youre a very unique human my friend....Im thinking of a line from Batman Begins when Bruce Wayne and Rachel run into each other at a restaurant while he's acting the buffoon with a couple of floozies and he says to Rachel," This isnt who i really am".....but Im sure Butch Cassidy is thought of as a total pig lol

Another I-talian restaurant that is charming as hell is Bellini's on Oak Lawn....in addition to the food the owner is usually present and is an OBVIOUS Elvis Presley fan(what hair!)
Butch Cassidy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:48 PM   #22
hoss148
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I've tried a few around Dallas, and on this list.

I like Sweet Basil on Midway @ Trinity Mills.

And yes Butch, Bellini's is a fun stop in life's journey.

And GP is on my life journey list soon.
hoss148 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #23
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101
Exclamation

After reading the recommendation by the members here on what constitutes a good Italian restaurant in the DFW area, I rest my case.

There are no good Italian restaurants here and also there are definitely no authentic Italian restaurants here.

But if those places that y'all recommended make y'all happy and satisfy your cravings for your perception of what authentic and good Italian food is, enjoy it.

I give every place a chance and I have been to many of them and the ones I have already visited, I wouldn't step foot in any of them again.

Many I don't even have to try, all I have to do is look at their online menus and look at the photos of their menu items posted on YELP and GOOGLE and on other websites and I can tell immediately if they are good and authentic or not.

Like the place in Plano 3 years ago that had billboards all over Plano and far North Dallas advertising themselves as the BEST Italian restaurant in the USA.

I just happened to saw one of their billboards one day when I was on the way to Frisco.

A place I have never heard of.

I went online and looked at their website, their menu, and their reviews on YELP and GOOGLE and OPENTABLE and FOURSQUARE and ZAGAT and I discovered they have only been in business for 4 months, their reviews were marginal and yet they advertise themselvs as the BEST in the USA.

Then I looked at their menu and it was ALL WRONG.

So without ever having stepped foot in their restaurant, I posted reviews on YELP and GOOGLE denouncing them and challenging their claim to be the BEST and pointed out many faults in their menu items based on the ingredients listed on their website for each entree.

For example, linguini with fresh clams had Chorizo in it and another perennial Italian dish had Pico De Gallo on it and the Veal Marsala was prepared like chicken fried steak and was topped with Green Salsa and the pasta Carbonara (a sauce made with beaten fresh raw eggs, pancetta and fresh Parmesan) was listed on the menu as having your choice of either garlic wine sauce or zesty red marinara sauce and for $2, you can add grilled chicken - nowhere on the menu does it mention any of the ingredients I listed for Carbonara and it went on and on.

I questioned whether they were a full Italian restaurant or whether they were an Italian-Tex Mex=American fusion restaurant.

The owner replied on YELP saying they were a full Italian restaurant, no fusion of any kind.

I asked him if their chefs ever been to Italy or had any formal training in the preparation of Italian cuisine and he said no but he still insisted all the dishes on his menu were authentic Italian recipes passed down from generation to generation and his 2 chefs had combined 35 years experience cooking Italian food.

So I asked him if he or any of the chefs or employees were of real Italian heritage and he said no - so where did the recipes were passed down from and he couldn't answer - I suggested maybe from an online recipe websited?

he tried to have YELP remove my back and forth reviews and replies and rebuttal between he and I and at first YELP did remove them but I appealed to YELP and YELP put them back.

After all a restaurant that advertises itself as the Best in the USA and claims to be Italian and not to be any kind of fusion cuisine is serving Italian dishes with wrong ingredients in them.

Diners across DFW should be made aware of those facts before they go there and spend their money and be disappointed.

You wouldn't want to go to a BBQ restaurant and receive Kansas City style wet pork ribs to be covered in Ketchup instead of BBQ sauce or go to a Chinese restaurant and pay for the $60 Peking Duck and find out it's prepared in the same way as fried chicken or go to a steakhouse and order a $50 filet mignon and have it come out breaded and fried like a chicken fried steak, would you?

Not even 2 months after I called them out, the billboards disappeared.

Another few months after that, which saw many online reviews by diners who didn't heed my warnings and still went there and they warned others to not go there, that restaurant closed: all thanks to my public service and dedication to the community of DFW diners.

They were in business not even 9-10 months.

So NO, DON'T MESS with my Italian food and if a restaurant claims to be authentic or good or best, they better deliver and so far all the ones I have visited have ALL FAILED!
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #24
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

I'm dying over here at the thought of Chorizo or Pico in Italian food.... or Carbonara with no pancetta... Madonn!!
Old 02-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #25
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

Momo’s
txexetoo is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #26
jamieDallas
Account Disabled

User ID: 353592
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks Everyone !!
jamieDallas is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 AM   #27
Pushfeed
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

There are 2 places that serve great fresh in house made pasta.

Nicola’s in the Shops of Legacy Plano
Ruggeris in Preston Hollow Royal Ln & Preston Rd
Pushfeed is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #28
OldGuyInRichardson
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

My motto about Italian restaurants...Don't get pizza from an Italian restaurant and Don't get Italian Food from a Pizzeria"

My suggestion would be "Two guys from Italy"
11637 Webb Chapel Rd, Dallas, TX 75229
OldGuyInRichardson is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:16 AM   #29
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyInRichardson View Post
My motto about Italian restaurants...Don't get pizza from an Italian restaurant and Don't get Italian Food from a Pizzeria"

My suggestion would be "Two guys from Italy"
11637 Webb Chapel Rd, Dallas, TX 75229
I was just going to suggest this. I really like their gnocchi and their marsala (veal for me, usually).
Crock is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women