Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #361
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgohara View Post
Just so you understand facts are nothing more than data and how they are interpreted.
Close.

Facts are the result of data that has been correctly interpreted. Misinterpretation of data gives a result that is not factual but may be thought to be by people who use a similar method of misinterpretation.

In other words, 2 people can look at same information and come up with answers that are 180 degrees apart from each other….and of course both could be wrong.

We’ll save that nit to be picked another day.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #362
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

First of all ... FUCK the FOUNDING FATHERS. They've been dead for more than 200 years. The world's a different place now. You might as well quote the Bible as a means of governance ... oops!

Second of all ... how long ago did your doctor friends flee Texas, MGOhara? Sounds like bullshit from the 1990s. Texas has been attracting docs who can't practice in other states. I know several who moved here because of licensure issues caused by malpractice claims.

Your argument is irrelevant because you're most likely spinning REAL old yarn.

I recommend you put that college education to use and read up on health care in Texas,
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #363
mgohara
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
A doctor told you his premium for malpractice insurance was $5 million dollars? I find that hard to believe. Not sure how the Federalists Papers have any bearing on your previous posts regarding abortion and malpractice insurance. Maybe you care to clarify? Sounds to me like you're just confusing the issue.

The doctor in question insurance was raised to $400,000 a year and the discussion got to be about other doctors he had worked with about their insurance premiums. The Federalist Papers gets into the arguement about the common welfare arguement that people argue that the government can make us do something that is not the intent and never was.

So you're basically conceeding that in fact you were just expressing an opinion? Fair enough. I am however curious that knowing the court's opinion on the matter along with the Constitutional Ammendments cited and interpretated in the case, how you managed to reduce it to a "persons right to do what they wanted with their body". Having studied this particular case in great depth over the years, I have a difficult time accepting that anyone with intimate knowledge of it would come to what appears to me as such a pedestrian and rather juvenile conclusion.

Actually when serveral drug cases about people using that went before the Supreme Court, a partial basis of the arguement was ROE V WADE and that besides privacy there was that people are allowed to do what they want to their bodies. The original arguement of ROE V WADE was about privacy but how it was used in later arguements and decision has change what it means. Not the original decision but subquent rulings have changed what and how that decision can be used and it meaning.

Actually it does. I have the degrees, test scores, and GPA to prove it. I don't say such things out of smugness or arrogance. Fact is I worked my ass off for many years for all three of those particular items and having done so feel I have every right to make such a statement.

You have that right but also I have learned far more from experience than I did in college and have had a several opinions change about certain things and also have had serveral things confirmed correct from college.

Yes, and free thinking people such as yourself should expect to have those opinions challenged from time to time. Especially when free thinkers such as yourself fail to cite sources, or explain how or why they managed to come to any given conclusions. It's called debate, and this is a public forum.

Challenging someone and citing sources is fine but when you throw out insults in the process it is not debate it is an arguement. Debates can be heated but when insults are thrown it now is an arguement. Debates are civil.

That's all that can be expected, and thanks for taking the time to read them. That's what I post them for.

Thank you for posting them but I also look for more than one source of information to make sure because just someone supports a point of view does not make it right or invalid. There are three sides to every situtation yours, mine and the truth.

Having heard your particular claim coming out of the mouths of Republicans in lobbiest's pockets who want nothing more than to obstruct change, I doubt you came to that conclusion on your own. It disturbs me that anyone with a browser can search that particular topic and come up with a few hundred pages stating quite the opposite of what you posted, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=malpractice+healthcare+costs

You can doubt all you want but there is a thing called cause and effect and how one cause can effect several others.

Actually they're not. A fact is something that actually exists and can be tested and proven to be true. What you're referring to is theory, which is a very different concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact
Conceded on this point.
mgohara is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #364
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
First of all ... FUCK the FOUNDING FATHERS. They've been dead for more than 200 years. The world's a different place now. You might as well quote the Bible as a means of governance ... oops!

Second of all ... how long ago did your doctor friends flee Texas, MGOhara? Sounds like bullshit from the 1990s. Texas has been attracting docs who can't practice in other states. I know several who moved here because of licensure issues caused by malpractice claims.

Your argument is irrelevant because you're most likely spinning REAL old yarn.

I recommend you put that college education to use and read up on health care in Texas,
The above is why very few people will enter into an intelligent debate with you. "Fuck the Founding Fathers"? Well I would say "F*ck you!", since what they contributed has lasted and withstood the last 200 years of time that you talk about. Its called the United States Constitution and it's what guides our government and our rights as Americans to this very day! What will YOUR lasting legacy be Yssup? Being the joke of the hooker board community?
Seriously man, before you insult people that provided you with a country to live in, with a set of personal freedoms unlike any other in the world, both at that time and to this very day, you really ought to take a moment and reflect how ignorant that remark made you look.
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #365
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTorrchia View Post
The above is why very few people will enter into an intelligent debate with you. "Fuck the Founding Fathers"? Well I would say "F*ck you!", since what they contributed has lasted and withstood the last 200 years of time that you talk about. Its called the United States Constitution and it's what guides our government and our rights as Americans to this very day! What will YOUR lasting legacy be Yssup? Being the joke of the hooker board community?
Seriously man, before you insult people that provided you with a country to live in, with a set of personal freedoms unlike any other in the world, both at that time and to this very day, you really ought to take a moment and reflect how ignorant that remark made you look.
D, he's used to it.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #366
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post

Sorry kid, I'm in my 40's and looking forward to retiring at this point in my life, not getting shot at and blown up by religious zealots.

I appreciate the "kid" comment but I'm in my mid-40's myself. I won't lie and say the last 7 years haven't worn me down a bit and more often than not I think it's time to hang things up and let some of the younger ones carry on the fight.
Laugh all you want but sometimes all it takes is watching something like "Remembering 9/11" on NAT GEO last night, and I feel as energized as ever to get back over there. It helps too that I'm part of a tight-knit team, the nucleus of which as been together for almost 4 years now. It's like a second family to me now.

But you have fun over there with your spreading democracy and killing for peace.

"Spreading democracy and killing for peace?"
I don't know about the spreading democracy part, but as hard a concept as it is for you to understand, killing for peace actually becomes a necessity at times.
It's an underrated concept in today's "overcivilized" world.

Do drop me a postcard from whatever shithole you end up in. I'll send you some Top Ramen and Hustlers if you want...no kidding.

No need to send me anything, I have AFN network on my TV in my room, internet access so, when I have down time, I can keep up with what's going on in the world and on Eccie, and my SO sends me all the goodies that I miss from home.

Whatever you do, be safe. Contrary to what you might think, I rather enjoy our little debates. You're rarely correct, but at least you're incorrect with conviction and passion!

I have yet to meet someone on this board who IS "correct" in your eyes. It's been said by more than just myself on this board, just because you can spin numbers doesn't make you right. I've also noticed that when you get caught and backed into a corner, you simply ignore that part of the debate and move on to another where the numbers can be made to look as if they support your argument.
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty more debates to come.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #367
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
Please try to only mention what Obama has done, accomplished,
He has managed to accomplish having more family members arrested for being here illegally then any other president in history.

Detained as illegal alien...
Official records say Onyango Obama, 67, was picked up outside the Chicken Bone Saloon in Framingham, Massachusetts, at 7.10pm on August 24.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...uncle-omar-hi/
when Onyango Obama was asked at booking if he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange for bail, the Kenyan immigrant replied: "I think I will call the White House."

You can't make this stuff up.
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #368
Sternomancer
Valued Poster

Quote:
You know, if you don't like America you're free to leave. Just one of the many Rights they secured for you 200 years ago.

Below is taken from the following: http://www.aspecialdayguide.com/york...ingfathers.htm

Nine of the 56 died during the Revolution, and never tasted American independence.

Five were captured by the British.

Eighteen had their homes -- great estates, some of them - looted or burnt by the enemy.

Some lost everything they owned.

Two were wounded in battle.

Two others were the fathers of sons killed or captured during the war.

Thomas Nelson Jr. of Virginia raised $2 million for the patriots' cause on his own personal credit. The government never reimbursed him, and repaying the loans wiped out his entire estate. During the battle of Yorktown, his house, which had been seized by the British, was occupied by General Cornwallis. Nelson quietly urged the gunners to fire on his own home. They did so, destroying it. He was never again a man of wealth. He died bankrupt and was buried in an unmarked grave.

Richard Stockton, a judge on New Jersey's supreme court, was betrayed by loyalist neighbors. He was dragged from his bed and thrown in prison, where he was brutally beaten and starved. His lands were devastated, his horses stolen, his library burnt. He was freed in 1777, but his health had so deteriorated that he died within five years. His family lived on charity for the rest of their lives.

In the British assault on New York, Francis Lewis's home and property were pillaged. His wife was captured and imprisoned; so harshly was she treated that she died soon after her release. Lewis spent the remainder of his days in relative poverty.

And then there was John Hart. The speaker of the New Jersey Assembly, he was forced to flee in the winter of 1776, at the age of 65, from his dying wife's bedside. While he hid in forests and caves, his home was demolished, his fields and mill laid waste, and his 13 children put to flight. When it was finally safe for him to return, he found his wife dead, his children missing, and his property decimated. He never saw any of his family again and died, a shattered man, in 1779.

Lewis Morris of New York, for example, must have known when he signed the Declaration that he was signing away his fortune. Within weeks, the British ravaged his estate, destroyed his vast woodlands, butchered his cattle, and sent his family fleeing for their lives.

Another New Yorker, William Floyd, was also forced to flee when the British plundered his property. He and his family lived as refugees for seven years without income. The strain told on his wife; she died two years before the war ended.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, an aristocratic planter who had invested heavily in shipping, saw most of his vessels captured by the British navy. His estates were largely ruined, and by the end of his life he was a pauper.

The home of William Ellery, a Rhode Island delegate, was burned to the ground during the occupation of Newport.

Thomas Heyward Jr., Edward Rutledge, and Arthur Middleton, three members of the South Carolina delegation, all suffered the destruction or vandalizing of their homes at the hands of enemy troops. All three were captured when Charleston fell in 1780, and spent a year in a British prison.

"F" the founding fathers? How dare you?! You do a disservice to those great patriots (known and unknown) and all the men and women past and present who've risked all to keep the freedoms they won for us. The world is a different place alright, but the belief in individuals to be free from oppression is still as relevant, if not more, today as then.

I'll leave you with a quote from the movie With Honors:
"...Our "founding parents" were pompous, white, middle-aged farmers, but they were also great men. Because they knew one thing that all great men should know: that they didn't know everything. Sure, they'd make mistakes, but they made sure to leave a way to correct them. The president is not an "elected king," no matter how many bombs he can drop. Because the "crude" Constitution doesn't trust him. He's just a bum, okay Mr. Pitkannan? He's just a bum."
Sternomancer is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #369
bdforyou
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

his main accomplishment i think is when he fooled the majority of people to vote for him. this guy had to invent the wheel, because all he does is talk in circles.
bdforyou is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #370
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
The above is why very few people will enter into an intelligent debate with you. "Fuck the Founding Fathers"? Well I would say "F*ck you!", since what they contributed has lasted and withstood the last 200 years of time that you talk about.
Go ahead, man. Take it personally. Puff out your chest and act offended because someone dare submit that 225-year-old policy might not be applicable. Better yet, quote the Bible. It's got just ONE founding father.

I hardly think that those boys are insulted by my remarks. Besides being serious liberals ... Radicals even ... They've been dead longer than Kelso's nuts. Most likely they would be laughing at you if they were still with us today.

Your interpretation of the intent of the authors of the American revolution is no more relevant in today's society than the religious zealots who determined whose gospels would be part of the New Testament. Sorry, but I believe that's true. The founding fathers authored documents that ensured freedom for ALL people, unless they were black, brown, gay, female, sick, poor ... if you can't understand how tired that argument is, then you're bigger dittoheads than any of use ever imagined.

This constant blather about making America in the image of the 1700s is tedious. Almost like saying anybody who doesn't love Jesus isn't a Patriot. Or anybody who isn't a Patriot is a Steeler. Or some such stupid talk-show crap.

So knock it off!

You want to thank someone for providing you a free country in which to live? Thank the men and women who put their lives on the line for you in times of war. I'm sure there are more than a few of US on this board who served in the American military. Even those of US who didn't agree with our nation's policies but did their duty anyway. I was free to leave this country when I drew #71 in the draft lottery ... but I didn't. Some of this talk sounds like the call-in portion of Sean Hannity's Hot Tub Time Machine!

While we ALL appreciate the foundation of this country, hiding behind the Declaration of Independence and original articles of Constitution is a cop-out. Your righteous anger is silly.

I certainly meant no disrespect to America -- and yes, I AM one of those guys who you ought to be thanking for your freedom -- just to the wusses who insist on hiding behind the skirts of Lady Liberty to try and make a point.

So please take your self-righteousness and holier than thou attitude elsewhere. It's REAL tired! I'm an AMERICAN. I have the right to say whatever I want. And nobody gave me that right. I EARNED IT! So, boys, please keep your insults to yourselves... it actually shows YOUR ignorance.

HOLY CHIT! Where's the Tylenol!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #371
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Go ahead, man. Take it personally. Puff out your chest and act offended because someone dare submit that 225-year-old policy might not be applicable. Better yet, quote the Bible. It's got just ONE founding father.

I hardly think that those boys are insulted by my remarks. Besides being serious liberals ... Radicals even ... They've been dead longer than Kelso's nuts. Most likely they would be laughing at you if they were still with us today.

Your interpretation of the intent of the authors of the American revolution is no more relevant in today's society than the religious zealots who determined whose gospels would be part of the New Testament. Sorry, but I believe that's true. The founding fathers authored documents that ensured freedom for ALL people, unless they were black, brown, gay, female, sick, poor ... if you can't understand how tired that argument is, then you're bigger dittoheads than any of use ever imagined.

This constant blather about making America in the image of the 1700s is tedious. Almost like saying anybody who doesn't love Jesus isn't a Patriot. Or anybody who isn't a Patriot is a Steeler. Or some such stupid talk-show crap.

So knock it off!

You want to thank someone for providing you a free country in which to live? Thank the men and women who put their lives on the line for you in times of war. I'm sure there are more than a few of US on this board who served in the American military. Even those of US who didn't agree with our nation's policies but did their duty anyway. I was free to leave this country when I drew #71 in the draft lottery ... but I didn't. Some of this talk sounds like the call-in portion of Sean Hannity's Hot Tub Time Machine!

While we ALL appreciate the foundation of this country, hiding behind the Declaration of Independence and original articles of Constitution is a cop-out. Your righteous anger is silly.

I certainly meant no disrespect to America -- and yes, I AM one of those guys who you ought to be thanking for your freedom -- just to the wusses who insist on hiding behind the skirts of Lady Liberty to try and make a point.

So please take your self-righteousness and holier than thou attitude elsewhere. It's REAL tired! I'm an AMERICAN. I have the right to say whatever I want. And nobody gave me that right. I EARNED IT! So, boys, please keep your insults to yourselves... it actually shows YOUR ignorance.

HOLY CHIT! Where's the Tylenol!
You are absolutely right, you HAVE the right to say anything you want, no matter how ignorant or ill-informed. That right cuts both ways. When you say something stupid, we have the right to call you on it as well.
Which is what I did. Yssup, I've watched you stick your foot in your mouth many times and every single time someone calls you on it you want to play the victim. You knew very well that others besides myself would not agree with such an ignorant remark as "F*ck the founding fathers!"
Ok, you got drafted and did your duty. You act like I should thank you for not running off to Canada? Are you kidding me?
Brother, I volunteered, no one had to draft my ass. After serving in two separate branches of the U.S. Military, I again volunteered to go to Iraq and then to Afghanistan.
So while I respect ANY fellow veteran, you certainly don't warrant any more "thanks" than anyone else who's done their job serving their country. The point could be made that you shouldn't have to have been drafted but like you said, you disagreed with your Country's policies at the time and waited to be called. It's certainly your right and it certainly doesn't diminish that you did serve. So Kudos to you for serving your Country and not burning your draft card or running off like some others during that time chose to do.

Whether you agree or not, whether you think our Constitution is still "relevant" or not, I happen to believe in the principles our Country was founded on. I also believe that the genius of the Constitution was that it was a "guiding" document that was purposely left flexible enough to adopt to the changing times. The fact that we allowed our Government to become what it is today is certainly not the fault of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or our Founding Fathers. Sorry if you can't see that.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #372
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1
Default Obama Fried Chicken

OFC: Obama Fried Chicken Pops Up In China...
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #373
theaustinescorts
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
You are absolutely right, you HAVE the right to say anything you want, no matter how ignorant or ill-informed. That right cuts both ways. When you say something stupid, we have the right to call you on it as well.
Which is what I did. Yssup, I've watched you stick your foot in your mouth many times and every single time someone calls you on it you want to play the victim. You knew very well that others besides myself would not agree with such an ignorant remark as "F*ck the founding fathers!"
Ok, you got drafted and did your duty. You act like I should thank you for not running off to Canada? Are you kidding me?
Brother, I volunteered, no one had to draft my ass. After serving in two separate branches of the U.S. Military, I again volunteered to go to Iraq and then to Afghanistan.
So while I respect ANY fellow veteran, you certainly don't warrant any more "thanks" than anyone else who's done their job serving their country. The point could be made that you shouldn't have to have been drafted but like you said, you disagreed with your Country's policies at the time and waited to be called. It's certainly your right and it certainly doesn't diminish that you did serve. So Kudos to you for serving your Country and not burning your draft card or running off like some others during that time chose to do.

Whether you agree or not, whether you think our Constitution is still "relevant" or not, I happen to believe in the principles our Country was founded on. I also believe that the genius of the Constitution was that it was a "guiding" document that was purposely left flexible enough to adopt to the changing times. The fact that we allowed our Government to become what it is today is certainly not the fault of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or our Founding Fathers. Sorry if you can't see that.
Absolutely nothing whatsoever has changed since the founding of the American republic which bears on the issues the founders addressed.

Over-reaching tyrannical power by government is still their agenda, and the only way any people can suppress it is through severe restraints on the powers of government. Doing so makes government less effective however. It makes it more difficult to prosecute criminals, collect taxes, maybe even defend the country from pesky shoe bombers and the like.

But it's all worth it.

Today it's not ambitious Monarchs, but ambitious bureaucrats, prosecutors, and moralizing zealots who eat away at our liberties until we are nothing more than cogs in the wheels of a well-ordered hive serving the careers of government workers and contractors who exaggerate the necessity of their puny jobs and meaningless lives.

If you want to see what the face of tyranny is in the 21st century take a look at our BigSister Head of "Homeland Security" Janet Nepalitano....it's not pretty. That's the face we serve.
theaustinescorts is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #374
InU
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

In honor of the 44th President of the United States, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream has introduced a new flavor: “ Barocky Road” Barocky Road is a blend of half vanilla, half chocolate, and surrounded by nuts and flakes. The vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient. The nuts and flakes are all very bitter and hard to swallow. The cost is $82.84 per scoop.... so out of a hundred dollar bill you are at least promised some CHANGE..! When purchased, it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but after you pay for it, the ice cream is taken away and given to the person in line behind you, at no charge. You are left with an empty wallet, staring at an empty cone and wondering what just happened. Are you stimulated yet?
InU is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #375
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Saul View Post
Always in good taste, eh, BS?

Well if the hood fits!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies