Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47532
pyramider46370
bambino40313
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Old 05-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #31
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Can you please explain once again so everyone can laugh at you how ancient man were able to hoist stones some of which weighing 100 tons without the use of cranes and before the wheel was invented? You can search all of your debunk bullshit websites- and just tell me how were these 100 ton stones lifted?
Your ignorance is only exceeded by your obstinacy.

It has been repeatedly explained to you how ancient man moved big stones at Puma Tunka, Stonehenge and the pyramids. And you ignored those explanations every time. In fact, I previously criticized you for ignoring the explanations in post #223 in this huge thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=223

And here you are, once again, demanding explanations for what has already been explained to you. But I will do it again, just for fun.

You had this debate with Look-At-Stupid and got your ass kicked in the thread below:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...yramids&page=9

Look-At-Stupid posted a link to a website that explained how all the huge stones fo the pyramid were moved into place:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0328104302.htm

In short, the stones were NOT lifted to cranes were not needed. They were moved up giant ramps on large wooden rollers and then put in place. And what the ancient Egyptians did with the pyramids, other ancient civilizations did at Stonehenge and Puma Punku.

In that same thread, I also posted this Wiki page that shows how the pyramids were built:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptia...ion_techniques

Here are some diagrams of ramps as the pyramid got bigger:

And just for fun, a group of scientists used 44 men to build a mini-pyramid using 2.2 ton stones as a proof of concept:
---------------------------------------------------------------
NOVA pyramid building experiment

In 1997 Mark Lehner and Roger Hopkins, a stonemason from Sudbury, Massachusetts, teamed up to conduct a pyramid building experiment for a NOVA television episode. They built a pyramid 6 metres (20 ft) high by 9 metres (30 ft) wide. A total of 162 cubic metres (5,700 cu ft), or about 405 tons. It was made out of 186 stones weighing an average of 2.2 tons each. They had a total of just over 3 weeks to build it due to their filming schedule. 12 quarrymen carved 186 stones in 22 days. They were able to erect it using 44 men. They used iron hammers, chisels and levers (this is a modern short-cut, the ancient Egyptians were limited to using copper and later bronze and wood). But they did experiments with copper tools, noting that they were adequate for the job in hand, only provided that additional manpower was available to constantly re-sharpen the ancient tools. They estimated they would have needed around 20 extra men for this maintenance. Another short-cut taken was the use of a front end loader or fork lift truck. However, modern machinery was not and could not be used to finish the construction. They used levers to lift the capstone to a height of 20 feet (6.1 m). Four or five men were able to use levers on stones less than 1 ton to flip them over and transport them by rolling them. For the larger stones they had to tow them. They found that by putting the stones on wooden sledges and sliding the sledges on wooden tracks they were able to tow a 2 ton stone with 12 to 20 men. The wood for these sledges and tracks would have to have been imported from Lebanon at great cost since there was little, if any, wood in ancient Egypt. While the builders failed to duplicate the precise jointing created by the ancient Egyptians, Hopkins was confident this could have been achieved with more practice
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want more? Here is a short video showing how ancient man moved the giant stone heads on Easter Island:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/how...ed.html?page=2

That is an ACTUAL VIDEO showing it being done. But you won't even take that as proof, will you?

So how long will it be before you pretend you never saw THIS explanation and once again demand that someone explain how ancient man moved big stones without a crane to lift them? I give you 6 months at the most.

Like I said you are fundamentally dishonest. You cannot accept even the possibility that the Bible might be wrong, so you distort and/or ignore the truth to try to shore up your shaken beliefs. You make a liar out of yourself.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

So, they really didn't do it, but they think they could have with more practice. Makes sense.

What happened to all the practice pyramids the Egyptians and South Americans built? You know, the ones they built until they got it right.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #33
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So, they really didn't do it, but they think they could have with more practice. Makes sense.

What happened to all the practice pyramids the Egyptians and South Americans built? You know, the ones they built until they got it right.
They did not say they could not move the stones, which was WE1911's point. They said the "precise jointing" wasn't done, but could have been with more practice.

Do you really think the NOVA team was going to spend weeks or months practicing until they go the finishing touches just right? The point of the exercise was to show that big stones could be moved into place with ramps and rollers - not to move them within a quarter inch of final destination.

As regards, "practice" pyramids, the South Americans didn't build with the precision the Egyptians did. So, bogus argument.

And the Egyptians actually DID build a bunch of smaller, practice pyramids before they got around to the Great Pyramid at Giza. Or hadn't you heard?

And I'm surprised at you COG. Do you really believe this religious BS that WE1911 posts?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

No, I don't believe the religious bullshit. But I don't think modern technology has reached the point where we could duplicate the pyramids. The quality of their construction based on their assumed level sophistication is a huge mystery.

And Nova is a good show, but not the only authority on the pyramids.

I am not a religionist, however, I do think there are many things we have yet to learn and understand. Ancient technology is one of of those things.

Oh, and by the way, where are the practice pyramids?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #35
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Egypt
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #36
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

It has been repeatedly explained to you how ancient man moved big stones at Puma Tunka, Stonehenge and the pyramids. And you ignored those explanations every time. In fact, I previously criticized you for ignoring the explanations in post #223 in this huge thread:

And here you are, once again, demanding explanations for what has already been explained to you. But I will do it again, just for fun.

You had this debate with Look-At-Stupid and got your ass kicked in the thread below:

Look-At-Stupid posted a link to a website that explained how all the huge stones fo the pyramid were moved into place:

In short, the stones were NOT lifted to cranes were not needed. They were moved up giant ramps on large wooden rollers and then put in place. And what the ancient Egyptians did with the pyramids, other ancient civilizations did at Stonehenge and Puma Punku.

In that same thread, I also posted this Wiki page that shows how the pyramids were built:

And just for fun, a group of scientists used 44 men to build a mini-pyramid using 2.2 ton stones as a proof of concept:

In 1997 Mark Lehner and Roger Hopkins, a stonemason from Sudbury, Massachusetts, teamed up to conduct a pyramid building experiment for a NOVA television episode. They built a pyramid 6 metres (20 ft) high by 9 metres (30 ft) wide. A total of 162 cubic metres (5,700 cu ft), or about 405 tons. It was made out of 186 stones weighing an average of 2.2 tons each. They had a total of just over 3 weeks to build it due to their filming schedule. 12 quarrymen carved 186 stones in 22 days. They were able to erect it using 44 men. They used iron hammers, chisels and levers (this is a modern short-cut, the ancient Egyptians were limited to using copper and later bronze and wood). But they did experiments with copper tools, noting that they were adequate for the job in hand, only provided that additional manpower was available to constantly re-sharpen the ancient tools. They estimated they would have needed around 20 extra men for this maintenance. Another short-cut taken was the use of a front end loader or fork lift truck. However, modern machinery was not and could not be used to finish the construction. They used levers to lift the capstone to a height of 20 feet (6.1 m). Four or five men were able to use levers on stones less than 1 ton to flip them over and transport them by rolling them. For the larger stones they had to tow them. They found that by putting the stones on wooden sledges and sliding the sledges on wooden tracks they were able to tow a 2 ton stone with 12 to 20 men. The wood for these sledges and tracks would have to have been imported from Lebanon at great cost since there was little, if any, wood in ancient Egypt. While the builders failed to duplicate the precise jointing created by the ancient Egyptians, Hopkins was confident this could have been achieved with more practice
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want more? Here is a short video showing how ancient man moved the giant stone heads on Easter Island:

That is an ACTUAL VIDEO showing it being done. But you won't even take that as proof, will you?

So how long will it be before you pretend you never saw THIS explanation and once again demand that someone explain how ancient man moved big stones without a crane to lift them? I give you 6 months at the most.

Like I said you are fundamentally dishonest. You cannot accept even the possibility that the Bible might be wrong, so you distort and/or ignore the truth to try to shore up your shaken beliefs. You make a liar out of yourself.
Do you understand the term Theory: By the way I a going to quote what someone posted on that video because it clearly reflects my view:

I just love "scientific theories". They are always announced as "facts" even though they really don't have a clue. Just some guys sitting around going " hey, if I didn't have a forklift or a crane and there weren't enough trees to make rollers, how would I move these megaton rocks? Well, when we moved my Mom's old freezer, we "walked" it by tipping it back and forth and moving it a couple of inches at a time. That's it! That's how they moved nearly 1000 of these 20' tall, 164,000 lb.rocks several miles!" First they invented super- strong ropes and cables, and everyone on the island, using all their time and resources for many generations carved and moved these giant rocks to the coast for no apparent reason, buried them up to their necks ( a generation or so more work since they didn't have backhoes or even shovels and had to do it with clam shells), then said "that was fun" and all deserted the island! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/how...#ixzz2T0iRzZyH
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:

Your problem Ex-NYer is that you want people to accept a theory as valid because "it make sense" the video was a fucking joke and proves nothing- the stones that were placed on Easter Island came from Wales- some of them transported over 100 miles- up hills, through peaks and valleys and across rivers- 2 heavy to fit on boats- do you realize that at first you have to make rope strong enough to support the weight-keep believing your He-ho tilting back and forth theory.

Oh here is video debunking your video and I swear I was thinking the same thing before I watched this video-how would the tilt theory possibly working in rivers hills, and peaks? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamzP7OyDCM
Old 05-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #38
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Your problem Ex-NYer is that you want people to accept a theory as valid because "it make sense" the video was a fucking joke and proves nothing- the stones that were placed on Easter Island came from Wales- some of them transported over 100 miles- up hills, through peaks and valleys and across rivers- 2 heavy to fit on boats- do you realize that at first you have to make rope strong enough to support the weight-keep believing your He-ho tilting back and forth theory.

Oh here is video debunking your video and I swear I was thinking the same thing before I watched this video-how would the tilt theory possibly working in rivers hills, and peaks? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamzP7OyDCM
The National Geographic video was a joke? Are you kidding me? They show a giant stone being moved and you call it a joke.

And it isn't a "theory" any more if they can actually move a stone that way.

And you posted a link to a video that actually IS a joke. You do realize that the voice narrating it is a computer-synthesized voice, don't you? Whoever posted it doesn't want that piece of crap traced to him.

And all of "his" video is from Google Earth maps. He has apparently never been to Easter Island and yet he presume to be able to debunk the ACTUAL video done by National Geographic.

The actual Easter Island statues were built many hundreds or thousands of years ago. So if they used dirt and stones to level spots when they were going across streams or hills, that material would have washed away by now.

You keep ignoring the obvious and practical answers in order to prop up stupid ideas about ancient astronauts or other superstitious nonsense.

And what is the bullshit about "super strong" ropes and cable in your other post? You can make very strong ropes thicker than your forearm from plant fibers (vines, grasses, etc.). The ropes do not have to lift the weight of the rock. They only have to sway the stone back and forth in small swings that gradually get larger and larger. You are making shit up in order to avoid confronting the obvious.

And, if there weren't enough trees on Easter Island, then any needed trees used for rollers or other purposes could have been brought from other islands by boat . The Easter islanders after all got to the island by boat.

And what do you mean the stones on Easter Island came from Wales?

And since you like to quote comments from video links, perhaps you should have paid more attention to this comment from the video you posted:

"Yep, you've convinced me...that you are a raving nut bag. Anytime I hear the word "mainstream science" I know I'm dealing with someone who thinks he is special and knows more than people who get paid to do science. They are losers who troll the internet,trying in vain to inflate their egos by picking holes, real or imagined in science. Instead their "answers" consist of ancient aliens, magic, crystals, lost knowledge or ghosts. In other words certified bullshit artistes."

That guy described you to a "T". He posted exactly what I was thinking.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
No, I don't believe the religious bullshit. But I don't think modern technology has reached the point where we could duplicate the pyramids. Modern technology could easily duplicate the pyramids. Take a look at a suspension bridge. But who would spend the money to build a pyramid just to prove the point? As a fiscal conservative, you should be able to recognize a waste of money when you see one. The quality of their construction based on their assumed level sophistication is a huge mystery.

Oh, and by the way, where are the practice pyramids? In Egypt.
The Egyptians built a lot of small pyramids and other burial structures before they attempted to build the big ones. The Great Pyramid at Giza was not their first attempt - nor the other two near it.

You can Google it and look it up. I'm not doing all the work.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #40
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
The National Geographic video was a joke? Are you kidding me? They show a giant stone being moved and you call it a joke.

And it isn't a "theory" any more if they can actually move a stone that way.

And you posted a link to a video that actually IS a joke. You do realize that the voice narrating it is a computer-synthesized voice, don't you? Whoever posted it doesn't want that piece of crap traced to him.

And all of "his" video is from Google Earth maps. He has apparently never been to Easter Island and yet he presume to be able to debunk the ACTUAL video done by National Geographic.

The actual Easter Island statues were built many hundreds or thousands of years ago. So if they used dirt and stones to level spots when they were going across streams or hills, that material would have washed away by now.

You keep ignoring the obvious and practical answers in order to prop up stupid ideas about ancient astronauts or other superstitious nonsense.

And what is the bullshit about "super strong" ropes and cable in your other post? You can make very strong ropes thicker than your forearm from plant fibers (vines, grasses, etc.). The ropes do not have to lift the weight of the rock. They only have to sway the stone back and forth in small swings that gradually get larger and larger. You are making shit up in order to avoid confronting the obvious.

And, if there weren't enough trees on Easter Island, then any needed trees used for rollers or other purposes could have been brought from other islands by boat . The Easter islanders after all got to the island by boat.

And what do you mean the stones on Easter Island came from Wales?

And since you like to quote comments from video links, perhaps you should have paid more attention to this comment from the video you posted:

"Yep, you've convinced me...that you are a raving nut bag. Anytime I hear the word "mainstream science" I know I'm dealing with someone who thinks he is special and knows more than people who get paid to do science. They are losers who troll the internet,trying in vain to inflate their egos by picking holes, real or imagined in science. Instead their "answers" consist of ancient aliens, magic, crystals, lost knowledge or ghosts. In other words certified bullshit artistes."

That guy described you to a "T". He posted exactly what I was thinking.
Do you know how many stones are on Easter Island? Does the video you posted demonstrate how they would move these stones from as far away as 100 miles? Can they replicate moving the stones up and down ills and across rivers? If they moved it an inch at a time- get a calculator and do some basic physics on how long it would take to move- heck let's just say 10 miles- I am being generous with 10 miles because they were brought in from as far as 100 miles away. What tools did they use to bury the bodies?
Did you miss the narrator's reference where the inhabitants NEVER stated that men NEVER brought the statutes over, but rather divine intervention? Why would the only piece of writing that has been found on the island make reference that mana(beings with divine power) move the rocks- so were the inhabitants all lying?

Also another big problem with the tilt theory-look at the landscape of Easter Island- the risk of these heavy objects and the video demo used much lighter stones than the actual- but the chances of it falling over would be very high- the actual time it would take and manpower makes it unlikely.

Sorry you lose again Ex-Nyer- keep searching the net for some more bullshit theories- it's amazing that you can't come up with your own explanation neary everything you post you google and get other people's ideas.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #41
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Do you know how many stones are on Easter Island? 887 according to the Wiki link below.

Does the video you posted demonstrate how they would move these stones from as far away as 100 miles. Bullshit LIE. Post a link for your 100 miles.

Can they replicate moving the stones up and down ills and across rivers? Bullshit LIE. Show me where there is a river on Easter Island. There are hardly any streams. And they could avoid hills by cutting the stones from the rock nearby and moving ACROSS the face of a slope, instead of up and down. And they could level the dirt in from of the stone as they moved across the face of a slope.

If they moved it an inch at a time- get a calculator and do some basic physics on how long it would take to move- heck let's just say 10 miles- I am being generous with 10 miles because they were brought in from as far as 100 miles away. What tools did they use to bury the bodies? Bullshit LIE. The maximum move would be 15 miles. But what makes you think they moved stones great distances? They could have cut them from rocks nearby.

Did you miss the narrator's reference where the inhabitants NEVER stated that men NEVER brought the statutes over, but rather divine intervention? Why would the only piece of writing that has been found on the island make reference that mana(beings with divine power) move the rocks- so were the inhabitants all lying?
What are you talking about? Who cares what the current inhabitants say? They believe the myths that their parents told them the same as you do.

Also another big problem with the tilt theory-look at the landscape of Easter Island- the risk of these heavy objects and the video demo used much lighter stones than the actual- but the chances of it falling over would be very high- the actual time it would take and manpower makes it unlikely.
How do you know? What if they only move the stones a few hundred yards? Maybe half a mile? Why do all of the stones have rounded bases that enable them to be rocked back and forth? And what about wooden rollers? There were once forests on the island. But the natives cut them down. Perhaps to build rollers?

Sorry you lose again Ex-Nyer- keep searching the net for some more bullshit theories- it's amazing that you can't come up with your own explanation neary everything you post you google and get other people's ideas.
Are you kidding me? Come up with my OWN ideas? Why? I found perfectly good explanations from scientists. And what about YOU? Have you ever had an idea of your own? Seems to me you just repost shit that you find on creationist websites and space alien websites. And you have the nerve to criticize me for looking at SCIENCE websites?
Looks like YOU are losing again.

Wiki link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island

Here is the map of Easter Island. Show me where there is a 100 mile dimension:

The longest dimension - from lower left corner to upper right corner is about 15 miles. So how could they have gotten stones from 100 miles away? And what makes you think they didn't just use a stone from only a few hundred yards away?

The National Geographic article says that the stones were moved "up to" 11 miles from a quarry where MOST (but not all) stones came from. So 11 miles is the MAXIMUM distance. And that's only is they came from that one quarry. What if they were cut from stone nearby? Probably most stones were moved on average a mile or two, maybe?

According to Wiki:

"Polynesian people settled on Easter Island in the first millennium CE, and created a thriving culture, as evidenced by the moai and other artifacts. However, human activity and overpopulation led to gradual deforestation and extinction of natural resources, which caused the demise of the Rapa Nui civilization. By the time of European arrival in 1722, the island's population had dropped to 2,000–3,000 from a high of approximately 15,000 just a century earlier."

So the Polynesians appear to have been on the island for at least 800 yeas, maybe a 1000 years, before the Europeans showed up. They had up to about 15K people on the island, before they depleted all the resources and cut down all the trees.

If they moved only 2 stones per year for 500 years from about 800 CE to 1300 CE, they could have put all of the 887 stones in place more than 400 years before the Europeans showed up. And they had 10K+ people to do the job.

If those thousands of people moved only 10 stones per year, they could have done it all in about 90 years. Why is that so difficult to believe?

And there appear to be MULTIPLE ways the stones could have been moved. From Wiki:

"Trees are sparse, rarely forming natural groves, and it has been argued whether native Easter Islanders deforested the island in the process of erecting their statues, and in providing sustenance for an overpopulated island. Experimental archaeology demonstrated that some statues certainly could have been placed on "Y" shaped wooden frames called miro manga erua and then pulled to their final destinations on ceremonial sites. Other theories involve the use of "ladders" (parallel wooden rails) over which the statues could have been dragged. Rapanui traditions metaphorically refer to spiritual power (mana) as the means by which the moai were "walked" from the quarry. Recent experimental recreations have proven that it is fully possible that the moai were literally walked from their quarries to their final positions by use of ropes, casting doubt on the role that their existence plays in the environmental collapse of the island."

From National Geographic:

"In previous efforts to solve the mystery, Czech engineer Pavel Pavel worked with Norwegian explorer-adventurer Thor Heyerdahl and a team of 17 helpers to propel an upright, 13-foot (4-meter), nine-ton moai forward with twisting motions, keeping the statue fully upright at all times. That was in 1986. But Pavel's team damaged the moai's base and had to stop.
A year later U.S. archaeologist Charles Love and a team of 25 erected a 13-foot (4-meter), nine-ton model upright on a wooden sledge and moved it over log rollers, advancing it 148 feet (45 meters) in two minutes."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...cience-rocked/

Did you notice that? They moved a stone 45 meters in TWO MINUTES. That kind of puts your bullshit idea about one inch at a time to rest, doesn't it?

So there you have it. Several different techniques for moving the stones were available. All or which could be performed by humans and NONE of which required space aliens.

So what is your theory? Space aliens, right?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #42
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Looks like YOU are losing again.

Wiki link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island

Here is the map of Easter Island. Find me a 100 mile dimension:

The longest dimension - from lower left corner to upper right corner is about 15 miles. So how could they have gotten stones from 100 miles away? And what makes you think they didn't just use a stone from only a few hundred yards away?

According to Wiki:

"Polynesian people settled on Easter Island in the first millennium CE, and created a thriving culture, as evidenced by the moai and other artifacts. However, human activity and overpopulation led to gradual deforestation and extinction of natural resources, which caused the demise of the Rapa Nui civilization. By the time of European arrival in 1722, the island's population had dropped to 2,000–3,000 from a high of approximately 15,000 just a century earlier."

So the Polynesians appear to have been on the island for at least 800 yeas, maybe a 1000 years, before the Europeans showed up. They had up to about 15K people on the island, before they depleted all the resources and cut down all the trees.

If they moved only 2 stones per year for 500 years from about 800 CE to 1300 CE, they could have put all of the 887 stones in place more than 400 years before the Europeans showed up. And they had 10K+ people to do the job.

If those thousands of people moved only 10 stones per year, they could have done it all in about 90 years. Why is that so difficult to believe?

And there appear to be MULTIPLE ways the stones could have been moved:

"Trees are sparse, rarely forming natural groves, and it has been argued whether native Easter Islanders deforested the island in the process of erecting their statues, and in providing sustenance for an overpopulated island. Experimental archaeology demonstrated that some statues certainly could have been placed on "Y" shaped wooden frames called miro manga erua and then pulled to their final destinations on ceremonial sites. Other theories involve the use of "ladders" (parallel wooden rails) over which the statues could have been dragged. Rapanui traditions metaphorically refer to spiritual power (mana) as the means by which the moai were "walked" from the quarry. Recent experimental recreations have proven that it is fully possible that the moai were literally walked from their quarries to their final positions by use of ropes, casting doubt on the role that their existence plays in the environmental collapse of the island."

So there you have it. Several different techniques for moving the stones were available. All or which could be performed by humans and NONE of which required space aliens. So what is your theory? Space aliens, right?
Ex-Nyer there are only 2 possible theories- either ancient men in those days had advanced technology that either we didn't think existed at that time or that got lost over time or they had help from more intelligent and powerful sources- if you want to say Aliens, Gods angels, demons- I don't care something more powerful and more intelligent than ancient man would have been possible.

Here is a reference from Wiki that answer your question on how many of the statutes were transported from miles away- making the tilt theory very questionable:

Only a quarter of the statues were installed, while nearly half remained in the quarry at Rano Raraku and the rest sat elsewhere, probably on their way to final locations. The largest moai ever raised on a platform is known as "Paro". It weighs 82 tons and is 9.8 m (32.15 ft) long.[64] Several other statues of similar weight were transported to several ahu on the North and South coasts. It is not yet known how they transported the statues. Possibilities include employing a miro manga erua, a Y-shaped sledge with cross pieces, pulled with ropes made from the tough bark of the hau-hau tree,[65] and tied around the statue's neck. Anywhere from 180 to 250 men were required for pulling, depending on the size of the moai. Some 50 of the statues were re-erected in modern times. One of the first was on Ahu Ature Huke in Anakena beach in 1958. It was raised using traditional methods during a Heyerdahl expedition.
In 2011, a large moai statue was excavated from the ground, suggesting that the statues are much older and larger than previously thought.[

ExNyer look at this video: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=8192933 this 340 ton rock called levitated mass was put on display in 2011 at a museum. There are ancient monoliths that are even larger than this stone- it took 8 days to move this stone 70 miles and at a speed of 10 miles mph but check out the equipment needed to move this rock:

It will take eight days to move the boulder along city streets. To avoid a traffic nightmare, the move will take place at night.

A 200-foot trailer with 200 wheels will be assembled to cradle the rock on its journey west on August 5.

"It's 21 feet tall, 16 feet wide and 680,000 pounds, so they are going to have to take down power lines, utility poles, traffic signal lights - it's going to be a long 70 miles,

Now do you think men pulling a rope on 2 sides yelling HEE- HOO can move an object that in 2011 required a freaking 200 foot trailer with 200 wheels to move??????
Old 05-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #43
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Ex-Nyer there are only 2 possible theories- either ancient men in those days had advanced technology that either we didn't think existed at that time or that got lost over time or they had help from more intelligent and powerful sources- if you want to say Aliens, Gods angels, demons- I don't care something more powerful and more intelligent than ancient man would have been possible.

NO, there aren't only two theories. My post above presents THREE possible ways that humans could have done it with primitive tools - no advanced technnology that was lost and no help from space men.

Here is a reference from Wiki that answer your question on how many of the statutes were transported from miles away- making the tilt theory very questionable:

Only a quarter of the statues were installed, while nearly half remained in the quarry at Rano Raraku and the rest sat elsewhere, probably on their way to final locations. The largest moai ever raised on a platform is known as "Paro". It weighs 82 tons and is 9.8 m (32.15 ft) long.[64] Several other statues of similar weight were transported to several ahu on the North and South coasts. It is not yet known how they transported the statues. Possibilities include employing a miro manga erua, a Y-shaped sledge with cross pieces, pulled with ropes made from the tough bark of the hau-hau tree,[65] and tied around the statue's neck. Anywhere from 180 to 250 men were required for pulling, depending on the size of the moai. Some 50 of the statues were re-erected in modern times. One of the first was on Ahu Ature Huke in Anakena beach in 1958. It was raised using traditional methods during a Heyerdahl expedition.
In 2011, a large moai statue was excavated from the ground, suggesting that the statues are much older and larger than previously thought.[

Your quote in red above says it is not known how they were moved. That means that it is not know which of several MAN-MADE techniques was used. The quoted does NOT say that they had help from space aliens. Which is what YOU concluded.

ExNyer look at this video: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=8192933 this 340 ton rock called levitated mass was put on display in 2011 at a museum. There are ancient monoliths that are even larger than this stone- it took 8 days to move this stone 70 miles and at a speed of 10 miles mph but check out the equipment needed to move this rock:

It will take eight days to move the boulder along city streets. To avoid a traffic nightmare, the move will take place at night.

A 200-foot trailer with 200 wheels will be assembled to cradle the rock on its journey west on August 5.

"It's 21 feet tall, 16 feet wide and 680,000 pounds, so they are going to have to take down power lines, utility poles, traffic signal lights - it's going to be a long 70 miles,

Now do you think men pulling a rope on 2 sides yelling HEE- HOO can move an object that in 2011 required a freaking 200 foot trailer with 200 wheels to move??????
You just CHANGED the subject from Easter Island to a stone in California that is 5 times larger than the biggest stone on Easter Island. And they are moving the rock slowly and carefully to a museum. That is why they built a 200 wheel trailer.

How is that relevant?

They were dealing with 900 stones on Easter Island. They didn't have to be so careful not to break one of them.

So, you have been presented with at least three techniques for moving very large stones that required only human muscle, ropes, rollers, and wooden sledges. One of those techniques moved a 10 ton stone 45 meters in TWO minutes.

If hundreds of islanders were used to move the stones by rocking them or using sleds or a combination of those things, then they could easily move big stones over a distance of several miles in a few weeks or a couple of months.

And NONE of that required advanced technology or space aliens.

Do us all a favor - JUST GIVE UP ON THE ANCIENT ASTRONAUT BULLSHIT. Very few of us on this board are as gullible as superstitious children.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #44
Guest032516
Account Disabled

WE1911 -

I also noticed that you did NOT answer my question about where you came up with the idea that stones have to be moved over 100 miles. Why not?

You also did not tell us where the rivers are. Why not?

No doubt you are going to give up on Easter Island and will now change the subject to some other superstitious nonsense. I wonder what it will be?

Also, I wonder how long it will be before you post about Easter Island in another thread and pretend that your BS was never de-bunked in this thread.

I predict that in 6 months you will be posting about how the ancient people of Easter island had advanced technology - and possibly space alien help - that we don't know about that enabled them to move really big stones.

There are lots of nice marker words in this thread (Easter Island, Puma Tunku) that will make it easy to search for and find in 6 months. Then i can just post a link without having to explain everything all over again.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #45
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women