Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160392
Yssup Rider59879
gman4452896
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47473
pyramider46370
bambino40296
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35251
Mojojo33117

Old 04-27-2024, 01:21 PM   #46
zippyboy
Premium Access

Encounters: 17

What percentage of your portfolio would you recommend to put into precious metals, and what method would you use to liquidate if you needed some scratch or wanted to take some profits today?

I know I am coming off as a dick, but I genuinely don't see the appeal outside of a shtf scenario, and in that case I expect a good degree of lawlessness and true survivalism will lead to people like me not fairing so well anyways. Looking for some education on what you will do if the US government and society doesn't collapse.
zippyboy is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 02:44 PM   #47
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyboy View Post
What percentage of your portfolio would you recommend to put into precious metals, and what method would you use to liquidate if you needed some scratch or wanted to take some profits today?

I know I am coming off as a dick, but I genuinely don't see the appeal outside of a shtf scenario, and in that case I expect a good degree of lawlessness and true survivalism will lead to people like me not fairing so well anyways. Looking for some education on what you will do if the US government and society doesn't collapse.
I have the same thoughts, in the past we had a system which valued physical gold and silver, during times when we were CIVILIZED, and, I think that we are very far from it now, even moreso, than in the 17 and 1800s.

How do you value something when there is no formal system of exchange?

If you are starving, is it worth gold to sell your food, and starve faster?

No, you won't, and neither will anyone else.

It will be taken from your cold dead hands, wise words from Moses and Ben Hur, holding a musket.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 03:03 PM   #48
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:

I’m not a financial advisor. I’ve been stacking silver for more than 10yrs. I haven’t sold one ounce back yet. I can’t tell you how much you need. If I wanted to, Treasure Hunt would buy it. They have 6 stores in W.Pa. They buy anything with gold/silver content. From jewelry, silver ware to bullion. If shit hits the fan, I’m sure there will be merchants who will except metals in a barter situation. Pre 1965 coins are a good thing to have. They’re 90% silver. As for lawlessness, I have lead too.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 04:02 PM   #49
bambino
Valued Poster

I’ve listened to some videos suggesting how much Silver or gold you might need in a crisis situation. Some say around 2500 oz of silver. I think that’s high. But something is better than nothing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TPgxRENEOk

500oz would be nice to have around. At today’s spot price. That would be around 16k with premiums. Depending on what you buy. If you want Silver Eagles, it will be a little higher.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:28 PM   #50
bambino
Valued Poster

https://milesfranklin.com/

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...PcQ0Qx6BAgGEAE

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...VIQ0Qx6BAgGEAE

These are some reputable companies that you can buy metals online from. They’re cheaper than local coin shops like Treasure Hunt.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:21 PM   #51
bambino
Valued Poster

I’ll post it again

https://www.financialexpress.com/bus...-3469961/lite/
Old 04-27-2024, 06:08 PM   #52
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Wondering, do gold and silver need to be melted down and assayed to make sure they are exactly what's represented?

I read an article about devious folks casting gold around a tungsten plate, which is near the same atomic weight, and can pass as gold, if its only checked on the surface.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 06:25 PM   #53
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Wondering, do gold and silver need to be melted down and assayed to make sure they are exactly what's represented?

I read an article about devious folks casting gold around a tungsten plate, which is near the same atomic weight, and can pass as gold, if its only checked on the surface.
They can tell pretty easily on rounds. Big bars may need to be drilled. I don’t have any of those. Biggest bars I have are Kilos. (32troy ounces ) From the Royal Canadian Mint.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:32 AM   #54
bambino
Valued Poster

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=af-U70AuxsI
Old 04-28-2024, 11:15 AM   #55
zippyboy
Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Banks failing is never good, seems like that one has been telegraphed for a while.
https://www.fdic.gov/resources/resol...ief/index.html

Bank failures are on the rise, but nothing like we saw during the great recession.

15k or so of silver and gold would be a very small part of anyone's nest egg, maybe I misunderstood your objective. I had thought you were advocating to move away from us currency backed products all together.... I am still going to operate under the belief that the single greatest economy and country in the world will continue to be in the near to semi distant future. I guess I am a dumb patriot that way.
zippyboy is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:20 AM   #56
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Banks failing is never good, seems like that one has been telegraphed for a while.
https://www.fdic.gov/resources/resol...ief/index.html

Bank failures are on the rise, but nothing like we saw during the great recession.

15k or so of silver and gold would be a very small part of anyone's nest egg, maybe I misunderstood your objective. I had thought you were advocating to move away from us currency backed products all together.... I am still going to operate under the belief that the single greatest economy and country in the world will continue to be in the near to semi distant future. I guess I am a dumb patriot that way.
The BRICS countries are doing business with each other without the USD now. More countries are joining. The USDs reign as the world’s reserve currency is coming to an end.

https://watcher.guru/news/brics-cond...-the-us-dollar
Old 04-28-2024, 01:57 PM   #57
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

If the whole world economy goes to shit, well devo is correct, food and water is the only thing that matters but having some gold.and silver is still a wise choice. Also collecting silver bars and coins is kind of enjoyable, I have some as far back as 1800 and some silver bars are really cool. Various birthday,different holiday themes etc etc. Something to have and pass onto to the kids on special occasions. Coin collecting is actually alot cheaper that pussy collecting and once u buy it, u have something to keep for years.... u don't get that with pussy....... except for herpes lol
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 03:33 PM   #58
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
If the whole world economy goes to shit, well devo is correct, food and water is the only thing that matters but having some gold.and silver is still a wise choice. Also collecting silver bars and coins is kind of enjoyable, I have some as far back as 1800 and some silver bars are really cool. Various birthday,different holiday themes etc etc. Something to have and pass onto to the kids on special occasions. Coin collecting is actually alot cheaper that pussy collecting and once u buy it, u have something to keep for years.... u don't get that with pussy....... except for herpes lol
Some guys here need to wait to get a tax refund to get laid. True but sad.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:08 PM   #59
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

my thoughts are this..... have three months of cash stashed away for emergencies

and as far as silver/gold, whatever your monthly bills are for 6 months, buy that much, not in anything larger than one ounce silver or gold bars or coins......... bars are cheaper than coins.
go to sites like

1. money metals
2. apmex
3. gainesville coins

or others.... check the sites weekly, many run specials where you can buy coins or bars at spot price, some actually let you buy below spot if you are a first time buyer

its easy to buy and honestly very easy to sell gold and silver

buying smaller than one ounce bars or coins usually cost more, the larger the bar or coin, the cheaper it is but if you are doing this as a might need basis if the dollar goes to shit, larger bars or coins would be harder to move if you are bartering

pre 1964 coins are grreat to have, 90% silver or gold value

if anyone needs some tips or advise, id be happy to help and if anyone wants to sell some, let me know
chizzy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women