Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160433
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47493
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 12-26-2022, 02:04 PM   #16
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Ho hum

The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the national flag of the United States of America. It is Chapter 5 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 5 et seq). Although this is a U.S. federal law,[1] the code is not mandatory: it uses non-binding language like "should" and "custom" throughout and does not prescribe any penalties for failure to follow the guidelines.
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 02:05 PM   #17
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
You know who never actually disrespected the flag according to the flag code? Colin Kaepernick.
Wrong again

Additionally, the public law which includes [B]the Flag Code (Pub. L. 105–225, largely codified in Title 36 of the U.S. Code), addresses conduct when the U.S. National Anthem is being played while the flag is present. That law suggests civilians in attendance should face the flag "at attention" (standing upright) with their hand over their heart.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:54 PM   #18
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

As usual, you have missed the target berry. I have not said that it's illegal for these RWN and Cult 45 fake patriots to disrespect the flag nor have I said that there should be any penalty for it. Of course it's an advisory. Anything more would be against the first amendment. Going against the advisory that every marine has to learn, is certainly disrespectful to the flag.

The flag code is in Title 4, not Title 36.

Here's the section of Title 36 that pertains to the anthem:

"301. National anthem

(a) Designation.—The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b) Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—

(1) when the flag is displayed—

(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed."

According to this, Kaep disrespected the anthem. According to the flag code, he did not disrespect the flag.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 03:00 PM   #19
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
None of that changes the fact that everything I've mentioned is in fact disrespecting the flag according to the US flag code. Other examples of people disrespecting the flag don't change the fact. One person saying that it hasn't been settled doesn't change that fact.

Yes, the guy in the pic is disrespecting the flag.

Exactly what part of "The flag should NEVER have placed upon it, nor any part of it, nor attached to it any MARK, insignia, letter, word, figure, DESIGN, picture, or drawing of any nature" are you having such trouble understanding? Words have meanings. In this case it's pretty cut and dry. The blue line is both a mark and a design. It's also using the flag to advertise people's extreme love for police or their hate of those who protest injustices. It's not debatable. Your opinions about the police are not relevant to the discussion.

let's cut to the chase ...

the U.S. Flag code is not law with any legal penalty, it's advisory. there is no legal penalty for "violating" it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code

The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the national flag of the United States of America. It is Chapter 5 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 5 et seq). Although this is a U.S. federal law,[1] the code is not mandatory: it uses non-binding language like "should" and "custom" throughout and does not prescribe any penalties for failure to follow the guidelines.[2]

so let's recap shall we? you opened a thread targeting a certain political party's supporters claiming they are violating a "law" that is advisory with no legal requirements for its enforcement.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #20
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

You are putting word in my mouth again, Waco. That's called a straw man. Maybe you want to read again carefully. Where did I say that there should be a legal penalty? It's the first amendment right of Cult 45ers and RWN to disrespect the flag. You will not find words of mine that contradict that. That doesn't change the fact that they're disrespecting the flag according to the flag code spelled out in Title 4 of the US code. There are a ton of things that are disrespectful but not illegal.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:16 PM   #21
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Interestingly though, you can actually be fined and/or go to jail in DC for the type of flag disrespecting that many Cult 45 folks often do.

Here's a pertinent part of Title 4 of the USC:

"Any person who, within the District of Columbia, in any manner, for exhibition or display, shall place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing, or any advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America; or shall expose or cause to be exposed to public view any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign upon which shall have been printed, painted, or otherwise placed, or to which shall be attached, appended, affixed, or annexed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, or drawing, or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words “flag, standard, colors, or ensign”, as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America."

The last part makes it abundantly clear that it includes those blue line flags.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:26 PM   #22
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
You are putting word in my mouth again, Wako. That's called a straw man. Maybe you want to read again carefully. Where did I say that there should be a legal penalty? It's the first amendment right of Cult 45ers and RWN to disrespect the flag. You will not find words of mine that contradict that. That doesn't change the fact that they're disrespecting the flag code spelled out in Title 4 of the US code. There are a ton of things that are disrespectful but not illegal.

your posts are your words. if you'd started a thread about people disrespecting the flag, that's one thing, intentionally singling out only people you disagree with politically is targeting. and it's Waco, not "Wako". i see this thread coming to a sudden close very shortly.

The Waco Kid, over and out.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 03:27 PM   #23
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Here are some parts pertaining to the fake patriots that wear the flag:

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery."

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

They detail the only acceptable ways to wear the flag, which is patches worn in certain ways, on certain uniforms, and otherwise pins worn on the left lapel near the heart. Flag bikinis and button down shirts are not an acceptable way.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:27 PM   #24
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
As usual, you have missed the target berry. I have not said that it's illegal for these RWN and Cult 45 fake patriots to disrespect the flag nor have I said that there should be any penalty for it. Of course it's an advisory. Anything more would be against the first amendment. Going against the advisory that every marine has to learn, is certainly disrespectful to the flag.

The flag code is in Title 4, not Title 36.

Here's the section of Title 36 that pertains to the anthem:

"301. National anthem

(a) Designation.—The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b) Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—

(1) when the flag is displayed—

(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed."

According to this, Kaep disrespected the anthem. According to the flag code, he did not disrespect the flag.
You are wrong.

Read it again - and pay attention to the bolded parts. That loser Kaepernick disrespected the flag - the same thing you are trying to falsely target one political group over with this thread. Except Kaepernick ACTUALLY disrespected the flag. Others who fly the flag or wear it do so out of patriotism.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:36 PM   #25
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
You are wrong.

Read it again - and pay attention to the bolded parts. That loser Kaepernick disrespected the flag - the same thing you are trying to falsely target one political party over with this thread. Except Kaepernick ACTUALLY disrespected the flag. Others who fly the flag or wear it do so out of patriotism.
Nah. That's the anthem code. Not the flag code. But even if he did disrespect the flag, that does nothing to excuse the actions of so many hypocritical RWN and Cult 45 folks who disrespect it every day, but also hate Kaep.

According to the actual flag code, which can be found in its entirety in the link below, the fake patriots you mention are in fact disrespecting the flag.

The actual entire flag code for those who want to read it:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...tle4-chap1.htm

It's pretty long. Real patriots spent a lot of time detailing everything so that other Real American Patriots would not be confused as to how to respect the American flag. Sad that so many MAGA folk still hypocritically disrespect it. My parents taught me better.... family values and all.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:45 PM   #26
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
your posts are your words. if you'd started a thread about people disrespecting the flag, that's one thing, intentionally singling out only people you disagree with politically is targeting. and it's Waco, not "____". i see this thread coming to a sudden close very shortly.

The Waco Kid, over and out.
I haven't singled out any board member. I made a factual thread about the US flag code and those who disrespect the flag according to it. After that I have responded to comments that you and others have made and dealt specifically with your exact words, unlike you who has put words in my mouth that I never said, and convienently forgotten words that I did say.

Not that it matters, but I have even agreed that some leftists also disrespect the flag. In this case you're conveniently forgetting to consider actual words that I said.

I accidentally misspelled your name and immediately edited it as soon as I was made aware that I did so. Feel free to go back and edit the quote if you want. If you took offense to that, you have my apology, because that was not my intention.

I do find it interesting though, that when I refute your posts with facts, you then try to get the thread shut down. If this thread is against the rules, so are the majority of the threads in the Pittsburgh sandbox.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:56 PM   #27
paintedbynumbers
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

So is captain America a disrespectful character? What about Team USA?
paintedbynumbers is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:10 PM   #28
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

IDK. Captain America's uniform is more akin to bunting than the flag, so it's ok by me, but if you want to say that it's disrespecting the flag, I won't put up a strong argument about a fictional character.

As for team USA, it's very rare that they wear anything resembling the flag. Maybe once in a while a designer is ignorant of the flag code and disrespects the flag when designing the uniform, but like I said, that's rare. The most recent example we have is from the world cup and those uniforms do not violate the flag code. Not even close.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...elmxhkmgume2of

Here's a photo gallery of Team USA over the years. Out of all the pics, I only see one that could be construed as disrespecting the flag. Maybe the designer of that one was ignorant. IDK, you'd have to ask them:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/u...lery-1.1602245

All that said, like I previously stated, examples of people disrespecting the flag, even if it were done by the great republican patriot Abraham Lincoln, which I doubt he did, do not excuse others who disrespect the flag.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #29
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I've had enough, this is just another thread to hate on any on the right, and to defend someone else for obvious reasons, even though he is the worst violator of any respect the flag rules or laws.

Basically, asking us to provide a response that would get us points.

Homey is done playing this game.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 06:50 PM   #30
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedbynumbers View Post
So is captain America a disrespectful character? What about Team USA?
What about the Harlem Globetrotters?
AmishGangster is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women