Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59894
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47502
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 06-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
PenelopeWaters
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 185117
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation kalleryan@ymail.com accessed my account and intercepted my pm's

I recently noticed a forum thread inquiring about what people's experiences were of trying to schedule with me. I sent a message to this person asking what exactly the meant since I had never received a message and certianly hadn't responded to it. The forwarded me the message the received from kalleryan@ymail.com which was very rude, misleading and explicitly described services I do not offer. They said they were my assistant. Of course none of it was true and I cleared up the misunderstanding with the person who had been contacted.

However, I still dont' know how this happened, or what exactly was the end goal. I have no way of knowing exactly how many of my pm's I didnt receive or for what purpose. I wanted to submit this story in case it has happened to anyone else. I contacted a mod and had my password changed but I have never shared my password with another person, nor do I use eccie on other people's computers. I would love any information on what exactly happened here and if there's anything I can do to prevent it. It's really upsetting to have your name misrepresented especially when you don't know how, when, or where this is going down. Thanks for listening everyone,
PenelopeWaters is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

so you checked your profile and that's the email address that was there, you also could of just changed your own password.
dreamvacationdates is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Sorry for the issues. Best if:

-- never use anyone else's computer or cell phone, pda, to access ANY of your accounts anywhere.

-- never allow anyone else to use your computer, cell phone, pda to access anything.

-- never leave your computer, cell phone, pda anywhere unless it is either shut down or securely locked.

-- never open an email unless you know the sender or are expecting the mail and never open any links in any email from folks you don't know. Ditto for steering clear of suspect websites.

Install, maintain and update frequently anti-virus and firewall software and use the best you can afford.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
Danielle Silver
Naughty lil Moderator

User ID: 7081
My ECCIE Reviews
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post

-- never use anyone else's computer or cell phone, pda, to access ANY of your accounts anywhere.

-- never allow anyone else to use your computer, cell phone, pda to access anything.

-- never leave your computer, cell phone, pda anywhere unless it is either shut down or securely locked.

-- never open an email unless you know the sender or are expecting the mail and never open any links in any email from folks you don't know. Ditto for steering clear of suspect websites.

Install, maintain and update frequently anti-virus and firewall software and use the best you can afford.
+1000-- these are must do's to ensure safety... I also never save my password on any device...
Danielle Silver is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Thanks ck...very sound advice. One or more of those easily account for 95%+ of the reports we get on this topic.
Those and usually a "former" friend who's doing it.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
MochaNautteBBW
Account Disabled

User ID: 3994

I never let anyone use my laptop for any reason. Not even family are allowed to use my computer. When I visit ECCIE, I always do it from my laptop (which requires a password in order to use it).
MochaNautteBBW is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post

Exactly and not even a land line. 20+ years ago, I stayed in a "motel" and used the hotel phone to dial into one of my accounts to trade a stock. It was very cumbersome but "high tech" for the day.

Later, I was at the motel desk chatting with the old dude that ran the place....and I noticed (what is now an old fashioned) line printer zipping back and forth occasionally. I squinted to read what it was printing and it was the call information from every room. That's how they tracked and billed it. He could see every key that I pressed...UN-fucking-believable!!!!

It was then and there I recognized the risks of technology and NEVER did that again. I immediately called the bank and had them change all the numbers and passwords....they too were like "WTF???" I said...Yep....seen it with my own eyes.
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
TiCobra
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Glad you got that straight Penelope...hope to see you soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeWaters View Post
I recently noticed a forum thread inquiring about what people's experiences were of trying to schedule with me. I sent a message to this person asking what exactly the meant since I had never received a message and certianly hadn't responded to it. The forwarded me the message the received from kalleryan@ymail.com which was very rude, misleading and explicitly described services I do not offer. They said they were my assistant. Of course none of it was true and I cleared up the misunderstanding with the person who had been contacted.

However, I still dont' know how this happened, or what exactly was the end goal. I have no way of knowing exactly how many of my pm's I didnt receive or for what purpose. I wanted to submit this story in case it has happened to anyone else. I contacted a mod and had my password changed but I have never shared my password with another person, nor do I use eccie on other people's computers. I would love any information on what exactly happened here and if there's anything I can do to prevent it. It's really upsetting to have your name misrepresented especially when you don't know how, when, or where this is going down. Thanks for listening everyone,
TiCobra is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Zoey Zacquery
BANNED

User ID: 160085
My ECCIE Reviews

Looks like it was your competition, perhaps. A google search for that email address gives a hit to this website:

http://metairiemassage.webs.com/

But then again, she also has a note on her page about people using her name to make money while she wasn't even in town? Maybe she was hacked too. Have you tried emailing her to confront her and make sure she knows that someone is using her email account for this purpose?

Sorry this happened to you, totally sucks. Hope you get to turn it around and get yourself some reviews on ECCIE though so the gents here can get an idea of how amazing you are!

Xoxo girly,
Zoey
Zoey Zacquery is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
Charlie Angel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeWaters View Post
...I have never shared my password with another person...
Have you ever used hotel Wi-Fi (or any public Wi-Fi for that matter)? If you have, you have potentially done exactly what you think you've never done.

One of my emails was hacked not long ago. My crime? Logged in from hotel Wi-Fi while on vacation...
Charlie Angel is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
Snausages
Registered Member

Never underestimate the power of a Joe Job, keep that in mind before you pull out your pitchforks.
Snausages is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
jcassidy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Silver View Post
+1000-- these are must do's to ensure safety... I also never save my password on any device...
More importantly than any of this, either ECCIE needs to start using an SSL certificate and HTTPS to encrypt traffic and session cookies, or you need to make sure you NEVER USE PUBLIC OPEN WiFi, because your sessions can and will be hijacked for any number of reasons.

Session hijacking is very common, business travelers are often victims of it and websites and services that don't protect login information and persistent open sessions over HTTPS are (in my opinion) doing a disservice to their users.
jcassidy is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
KlassyKelliAnn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2751
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Recently saw a commercial selling a device you can use in any public wifi setting and it protects you. A wifi anti-virus for iphones, ipods, laptops, etc. Anyone know how these work and if they are a good investment?

Thanks!
KlassyKelliAnn is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
Safyra Jewels
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 199550

there are some free password protect programs online you can download...
Safyra Jewels is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women