Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 09-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #16
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Well they eeked out a victory, but it wasn't pretty. 6 turnovers by the Giants and they barely hung on for the win. With that many turnovers they should have won by a wide margin. The offense didn't move the ball well, and the defense, while they did get turnovers couldn't cover anyone and gave up big chunks of yardage at a time. Nonetheless we are tied for first place and undefeated at 1 and 0.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
Well they eeked out a victory, but it wasn't pretty. 6 turnovers by the Giants and they barely hung on for the win. With that many turnovers they should have won by a wide margin. The offense didn't move the ball well, and the defense, while they did get turnovers couldn't cover anyone and gave up big chunks of yardage at a time. Nonetheless we are tied for first place and undefeated at 1 and 0.
Yes indeed and they finally beat the Giants at home after 5 years. I must say that my original prediction of 7-9 included a loss to the Giants so they might go .500 this year. In all reality Calallen could have probably played as well against either team last night. That was one of the worst professional football games I have ever seen. Looks like another long season.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #18
RPR
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 30

I won't expect much from the Boys till they get rid of Romo and Garrett.
RPR is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #19
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
I won't expect much from the Boys till they get rid of Romo and Garrett.
I agree, but we have 6 more years of Romo if he stays healthy.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #20
capitan1962
Premium Access

I learned something new yesterday. In football there are now three columns under the standings, there is the "W" for Win, the "L" for Lost and the latest edition "L1" for Lost by 1 Point. I had no idea, LMAO
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

This was classic Cowboy football. After playing a decent first half, but letting some opportunity slip by, they did nothing resembling good play the second half. Romo threw like shit, but when he did put up a good long ball up, Dez dropped it. They couldn't run the ball, they couldn't cover anyone and they couldn't tackle. Also, no take aways.
Damn it's hard being a Cowboys fan.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37
Default Oh, yea of little faith!

Lets go back to the 70's for a bit.

A common story back then about the Cowboys and their game plan was this;

1st down, run Dorsett to the left.

2nd down, run Dorsett to the right.

3rd down, Staubach passes to Pearson.

4th down, PUNT!

Today, however, it goes along these lines:

1st down, run Murray down the middle.

2nd down, Romo throws to Bryant.

3rd down, Romo scrambles, throws to Whitten.

4th down, PUNT!

Hmm, guess it is kinda of the same after all.

On a lighter note:

Romo has the record for the most TD throws in Cowboy history, and he finally has, at least a workable O Line.

We got jaded from their past and are looking for the glory days again. They will come, someday.

Face it, Bryant is a monster on the field, Romo's stats are as good as any QB in the league today, and better than Staubach, Aikman, or any other QB the "Boys have had.

IF, and I say this with a grain of salt, IF they can ever get everyone on the same page, they have the potential to be the NFC East champs this year.

And I will add that Jerry Jones is the owner and GM, but how often do any of you remember Clint Murchison, who founded the team, getting the spotlight? Or for that matter Tex Schram, the GM until JJ came along.

Face it, as long as JJ is involved, and he gets his money from the endorsement deals, parking, ticket sales, etc, we are not going to see a change. And the clusterfuck he forced on Arlington to build the Death Star just really hacks me off, especially when I am having to drive through there on a game day.

BTW, JJ has owned the team longer than any of the other owners of the Cowboys:

Clint Murchison owned them from 1960 to 1984, who sold the franchise to H.L. "Bum" Bright, who then sold them to JJ in 1989.

So, should we be looking at the players, coaches, or ownership as to why the Cowboys have been so dismal the past 16 years?
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #23
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Colonel, with all due respect, you're full of shit. The Cowboys had winning records and made the playoffs pretty much every year under Staubach. You always felt they could and probably would win. Romo has great stats,,, except the ones about winning playoff games. If you remember Danny White also had better stats than Staubach, but couldn't win in the clutch. Oh, and if you'd like to look back, Tony Dorsett had some amazing games and stats, and lots of first downs were made, along with lots of touchdowns. Did you ever see Drew Pearson or Micheal Irvin drop what would be the game winning catch down the sidelines like Dez Bryant did yesterday?
Hell, Michael Irvin, Emmit Smith and Troy Aikman are probably sick watching all of this.
We all glamorize players and teams of old, but the wins, playoff appearances and Super Bowls are facts, and this group, led by the highest paid choker in history have done nothing but embarrass themselves.
I give a lot of the blame to JJ, but in the end the players on the field are grown men and stand on there own.
When I said classic Cowboy football I meant classic in the sense of what this once great franchise has become. They are all style and no substance.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #24
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Have to agree with you on several points on that.

Danny White, did indeed, have better stats, but he came in on the downside of a tired and beat up team. As such, he did not have the opportunities that Staubach had.

Romo does have a better team than White did, not as good as Aikman did, admittedly, but it does take some time to get the cohesion going for a team to make the best of what they have.

Romo to Bryant is a hell of a lot better than Staubach to Pearson ever was. And Aikman to Irvin played on a lot of the less than great defenses of the day.

Am I looking for the 'Boys to do something this year? Yes. Do I expect it, no!

The NFC East is a tough division, but not the toughest in the league.

I can only HOPE that the 'Boys do something to justify the exorbitant payroll they have. But as long as JJ has the final say, with no one to buck him like Jimmie Jihnson did, we will have to all be satisfied with another 8-8 team, or worse.
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
capitan1962
Premium Access

From what I have seen so far this year the NFC east is probably one of the worst divisions in the NFL. The Eagles were predicted to come in last pace and they look better than any team in the division.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #26
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Well yesterday makes my point on Romo. He played the best statistical game in Cowboy history yesterday. Pinpoint accuracy and cool under fire. he was amazing. With a tie game at 48 and the Cowboys having just over 2 minutes to play all he needs is to get them into field goal range and he completes a monumental performance. I told my son as they began that drive that he would more than likely toss an interception and blow the game,,,, and what happened?
Anytime you score 48 points and lose you have to question whether you have a defense at all,,, but Romo, after carrying the team for 58 minutes blows it on one poor decision, with a wide open check off about 6 yards down the field.
This sums up the Romo era, no matter who the coach is , or what we think of the owner.
It's a damn shame.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #27
capitan1962
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
Well yesterday makes my point on Romo. He played the best statistical game in Cowboy history yesterday. Pinpoint accuracy and cool under fire. he was amazing. With a tie game at 48 and the Cowboys having just over 2 minutes to play all he needs is to get them into field goal range and he completes a monumental performance. I told my son as they began that drive that he would more than likely toss an interception and blow the game,,,, and what happened?
Anytime you score 48 points and lose you have to question whether you have a defense at all,,, but Romo, after carrying the team for 58 minutes blows it on one poor decision, with a wide open check off about 6 yards down the field.
This sums up the Romo era, no matter who the coach is , or what we think of the owner.
It's a damn shame.
I must say I was impressed up until the end. Like the old thread said, referring to Montana "just like Joe, Romo always comes through." It proved that they have the talent to get it done but always fuck it up.

On another note, I think that I would much rather have Romo as my quarterback than Matt Schaub.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Well first off, if you score 48 points and lose I don't think I'd be blaming my quarterback.
Secondly that linebacker made a hell of a play on the ball.
And yes Cap, I'll take Romo for Schaub straight up, right now. ijs
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
Well first off, if you score 48 points and lose I don't think I'd be blaming my quarterback.
Secondly that linebacker made a hell of a play on the ball.
And yes Cap, I'll take Romo for Schaub straight up, right now. ijs
I mentioned the lack of defense,,, and it was a hell of a game by Romo, but it ended like so many close Cowboy games have,, with Romo throwing it to the other team. he tried to thread the needle and didn't have to.
It was a beyond pathetic performance by the defense,, even when you consider who they were playing against.
If Manning had thrown the interception at the end and the Cowboys would have won I would have said Manning blew it, even though he had run up huge numbers through the whole game.
You can go all the way back with Romo to the fumbled extra point attempt his first year as a starter and see that when it's crunch time he is not the guy.
This doesn't make Romo a bad guy,, hell I'd love to have a beer with him,,, I just don't want him quarterbacking the Dallas Cowboys for 6 more seasons.
On the plus side, the Cowboys may win the division with a 7 and 9 record. The NFC East is a piss poor group this year.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #30
Jimmiwad
Account Disabled

Encounters: 23

Wonder if Jones has another 108 million for a quarterback. I feel like the Texans will have a quarterback and coach jobless later in the season.
500 or 10,000 yards passing, the Cowboys are still 2 and 3. Romo doesn't have the winning gene. Montana had it, and it looks like this Luck kid has it. 108 million dollars my ass.
Jimmiwad is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women