Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72
Default Drone advice.

I live in the middle of 25 acres adjacent to a neighborhood. Last Friday a drone appeared hovering about 20 feet above me at my house with a camera on it. I asked my neighbor if his grandkids have a drone. He said hell no!
He said he saw a guy by his house across the drainge ditch flying the drone over his property and asked him to stop. The guy ignored him.
This guy is 1/4 mile away from me.
I am going to shoot it down the next time I see it on my place.

Is there any legal exposure on my part?
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
flows-with-water
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

I would have my clay pigeon thower in place and just explain the drone just happened to get in the way as you were just honing you shooting skills
flows-with-water is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #3
skbinks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Depending on where you are at and how high he was flying it, the FAA might want to know.
skbinks is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #4
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

No! No! No! Do NOT use a gun to shoot it down! You will get into severe trouble

Get yourself a drone and 'accidentally' run into it and then sue the guy in small claims court that he knocked your drone down because you stayed in 'your' airspace
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by instfixer View Post
No! No! No! Do NOT use a gun to shoot it down! You will get into severe trouble

Get yourself a drone and 'accidentally' run into it and then sue the guy in small claims court that he knocked your drone down because you stayed in 'your' airspace
I'm not spending that kind of money.
Maybe my drones happen to be launched from a 12 Guage and his drone is in the way.

I read something about having to have permission from the landowner but Texas law is a little unclear.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

A kamikaze drone will cost anywhere from $300 to $500

A good lawyer runs ~$300 an hour

take your pick
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

No offense, but I think this is the most stupid thread that's been in the legal forum for quite awhile. Your questions can be answered with a simple google search.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
glade55
BANNED

Shoot it down gz thus the reason his flying it over your house cuss you ain't gonna do shit about it !
glade55 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #9
Shear_wave
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

Resist the urge to shoot it down. 1/4 mile is nothing. I have gone over a mile with mine and maintained live video feed so he is likely watching and recording you shoot it down. You will be responsible for the cost of the drone and any emotional damages he may suffer. It will be brought up that the property is yours...the airspace above is not yours.
Shear_wave is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
skbinks
Valued Poster

For Reference:
http://www.sbphotos.biz/Portfolio/Cl...727-Edit-M.jpg

I'm not a lawyer and I have no idea how accurate that article is but drones are considered aircraft and it is illegal to shot at an aircraft (non-updated laws probably). You own the airspace above your property up to 500 feet (some say 300 or 400 so not sure).

I have a thought (this is not advice and just me thinking with my fingers), it is still illegal but might be harder to prove. Get or make a short range radio jammer. The next time it gets close to your house, jam the signal then when it hits the ground.........
Old 07-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #11
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
No offense, but I think this is the most stupid thread that's been in the legal forum for quite awhile. Your questions can be answered with a simple google search.
Been there, done that Google search. Lots of conflicting opinions as far as Texas is concerned.

The one thing I discovered and would like to believe is that drone pilots can be fined for unauthorized encroachment over private property.

That being said, can I shoot it down legally?

I hope you don't think it's stupid when some asshole hovers a drone over your head at your house. I originally thought the whole notion was absurd until it happened to me.

Now I'm pissed and the next chance I get, that toy will feel a load of 2 shot from my 12 ga.

What would you do?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
skbinks
Valued Poster

Wouldn't it be easier for you to pick up the phone and call the FAA? It sounds like you are going to ignore the reputable sources that say you can't.

1st things first, F looking at Texas law. Unless and until laws change, NO State, which includes Texas the last I looked, has any jurisdiction whatsoever that can allow you to shoot down a drone and can not pass a law that would, period, it is FAA ruled (Federal).

Have you seen ANYTHING on the internet that says it is okay that came from what is probably a reputable source? Quit looking at the sources that are probably NOT reputable. Everything I find, the FAA says it is a federal law that says you can't shoot a drone.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...e-drone-police

I'm done googling for you, you are welcome. Just do a google search for "faa shooting a drone", then call to get your answer.
1 (866) 835-5322
Federal Aviation Administration, Customer service
Old 07-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #13
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
Wouldn't it be easier for you to pick up the phone and call the FAA? It sounds like you are going to ignore the reputable sources that say you can't.

1st things first, F looking at Texas law. Unless and until laws change, NO State, which includes Texas the last I looked, has any jurisdiction whatsoever that can allow you to shoot down a drone and can not pass a law that would, period, it is FAA ruled (Federal).

Have you seen ANYTHING on the internet that says it is okay that came from what is probably a reputable source? Quit looking at the sources that are probably NOT reputable. Everything I find, the FAA says it is a federal law that says you can't shoot a drone.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...e-drone-police

I'm done googling for you, you are welcome. Just do a google search for "faa shooting a drone", then call to get your answer.
1 (866) 835-5322
Federal Aviation Administration, Customer service
Seriously?

I'm sure they would be all over this case.
The VA is really on top of things lately.
FAA must be just as responsive.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know what happens after I recover the mangled hardware.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #14
Guest032219
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

This is kinda like shooting a dog because it wanders in your yard.
Guest032219 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:14 PM   #15
skbinks
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
Seriously?

I'm sure they would be all over this case.
The VA is really on top of things lately.
FAA must be just as responsive.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know what happens after I recover the mangled hardware.
You didn't say you were looking to have LE step in, you were asking if you could legally shoot it down so calling the FAA or LE for a yes no answer isn't that big of a deal.

You any good with a sling shot? You never said how close you were to any other residences or if you were in the city limit where you could be in even more trouble for discharging a firearm within city limits or hurting someone else. Not sure, but you "might" get in less trouble with something besides a fire arm. Of course if you wanted to be totally legal, get a lawyer and let them get a cease and desist order, or whatever it is they do.

BTW, I'd probably use a 22 with a small load round. A lot quieter.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women