Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #1351
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
"Opinion" was the point of the post. The "never Trumpers" on both sides are beginning to see the positives of this administration instead of being such "negative Nellies" all the time. Like millsy. "Opinions" are changing as people begin to feel a real difference in their lives. They'll feel it even more come February when they see more take-home in their paychecks. Just like they already are when they open up their 401k and IRA reports.

I have a feeling we'll see more such "opinion" pieces in the very near future. I think people are getting tired of being so depressed all the time just because they lost an election. Aren't you, millsy? Or, are you just going to keep on whining because you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas last year?

But opinions aren’t facts. So if the point of the post was to show opinions, why ask someone to fact check an opinion?

And if so many people are starting to see the positive sides, why is his approval rating so low? Historically low.

As far as the tax cut: Look at independent analysis of the cut, they have shown that the majority of the effects are for the wealthy and corporations and that the middle class will feel a small effect. So it’s going to be hard to sell those people who were expecting more or those who didn’t get a cut on how great this is. And he is hurting everyone in New York, California, New Jersey, Maryland (Democratic states). The tax cut especially hurts low income people in those states. So you think those people will have a positive view of Trump? Not a chance.

If people are feeling it so much in their 401K and IRA reports…. why again is his approval so low?

I’m sure we will see more opinion pieces from conservatives but I have a feeling we won’t be seeing those from Independents or Democrats.

Who is depressed? I see a lot of enthusiasm aimed at opposition of Trump. You want to believe people are depressed because of Trump winning. I haven’t met anyone who can’t seem to get up and go to work because of Trump. Trying to label people as depressed over Trump, you minimize people who actually have depression.

As for Christmas and Trump saying this tax cut is a gift for everyone this Christmas…. I will let the man who helped Doug Jones win say it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94oSf_56ilU
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #1352
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

You're right about Trumps approval figures. They are low.
The one President who was lower at this time was---Ronald Reagan----- And he won in a land slide in his next election. Trump will be like that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
But opinions aren’t facts. So if the point of the post was to show opinions, why ask someone to fact check an opinion?

And if so many people are starting to see the positive sides, why is his approval rating so low? Historically low.

As far as the tax cut: Look at independent analysis of the cut, they have shown that the majority of the effects are for the wealthy and corporations and that the middle class will feel a small effect. So it’s going to be hard to sell those people who were expecting more or those who didn’t get a cut on how great this is. And he is hurting everyone in New York, California, New Jersey, Maryland (Democratic states). The tax cut especially hurts low income people in those states. So you think those people will have a positive view of Trump? Not a chance.

If people are feeling it so much in their 401K and IRA reports…. why again is his approval so low?

I’m sure we will see more opinion pieces from conservatives but I have a feeling we won’t be seeing those from Independents or Democrats.

Who is depressed? I see a lot of enthusiasm aimed at opposition of Trump. You want to believe people are depressed because of Trump winning. I haven’t met anyone who can’t seem to get up and go to work because of Trump. Trying to label people as depressed over Trump, you minimize people who actually have depression.

As for Christmas and Trump saying this tax cut is a gift for everyone this Christmas…. I will let the man who helped Doug Jones win say it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94oSf_56ilU
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #1353
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Who is depressed?
All of those loooong faces I see on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. when they have to report how happy President Trump is in his job and how much fun he's having laughing at them and calling them #FAKENEWS. Believe me. He's having a ball!

Enjoy your misery. I sure as Hell am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
The one President who was lower at this time was---Ronald Reagan----- And he won in a land slide in his next election. Trump will be like that too.
That's the name of the game, Ellen.

Approval ratings are based on polls. Remember how accurate those same polls were before November 2016?

I suspect Trumps current "approval ratings" are just as accurate.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #1354
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Hate to do this to you because we've been civil but that's a lie. Reagan did get into the 30's but it wasn't around this time. The lowest Reagan got in his first year was 48%. He didn't hit the 30's until 83. And he did win in a landslide his next election but Trump isn't Reagan and the country isn't the same as back then. Sorry.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #1355
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
All of those loooong faces I see on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. when they have to report how happy President Trump is in his job and how much fun he's having laughing at them and calling them #FAKENEWS. Believe me. He's having a ball!

Enjoy your misery. I sure as Hell am.

That's the name of the game, Ellen.

Approval ratings are based on polls. Remember how accurate those same polls were before November 2016?

I suspect Trumps current "approval ratings" are just as accurate.

When I watch those channels I see people talking about the ineffectiveness of Trump. Oh and the Mueller investigation. I don’t see long faces at all. I think you’re seeing things in your old age.

The thing is I’m not miserable. You like to pretend everyone is so down because of Trump but you don’t know me personally so you don’t know how I feel. I don’t like the guy and I can see he is failing as president so why would I be miserable? Plus he has mobilized so many people against him that I have to be happy that he brought so many people together.

My God you are so stupid. The polls were right you moron. They polled people nationally on who they were voting for. And they come to the conclusion that a majority of the population was voting for Clinton. And on election day 3 million more people did that. Trump won swing states that actually polled him ahead by small fractions or Clinton ahead by the margin of error. And Trump won late deciding voters in those swing states, which means they weren’t included in the polls in those states. So keep telling yourself that Trump’s approval ratings don’t matter. I sure as hell remember Republicans talking about approval ratings on things like ACA and Obama. And I remember Trump officials talking about the low approval ratings of the media as a sign of “fake news”. Guess those polls were right then but now that they are negative for Trump they aren’t anymore.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #1356
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Poll this...

Quote:
My God you are so stupid. The polls were right you moron. They polled people nationally on who they were voting for. And they come to the conclusion that a majority of the population was voting for Clinton. And on election day 3 million more people did that. Trump won swing states that actually polled him ahead by small fractions or Clinton ahead by the margin of error. And Trump won late deciding voters in those swing states, which means they weren’t included in the polls in those states. So keep telling yourself that Trump’s approval ratings don’t matter. I sure as hell remember Republicans talking about approval ratings on things like ACA and Obama. And I remember Trump officials talking about the low approval ratings of the media as a sign of “fake news”. Guess those polls were right then but now that they are negative for Trump they aren’t anymore.
Same polls that still have Hilary up by 10 points - still?!? Rubish. Look at GFEs avatar. That is the electoral college map. TRUMP won something like 2,712 counties out of 3,141. That is a landslide. Though I suspect it is hard as heck for you to get your head around the simple concept that the Cocker Spaniel vote is as Germain as the popular vote and carries the exact same significance. But if your contention is that most cocker spaniels would have voted for Old Hillary, then you are probably right on at least that.

On the upside, I sure did enjoy the boo-hoo-fest at Clinton HQ on election night. Though I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall (wearing body armor of course) while she trashed the place in a drunken rage that night. tee-hee...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #1357
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Same polls that still have Hilary up by 10 points - still?!? Rubish. Look at GFEs avatar. That is the electoral college map. TRUMP won something like 2,712 counties out of 3,141. That is a landslide. Though I suspect it is hard as heck for you to get your head around the simple concept that the Cocker Spaniel vote is as Germain as the popular vote and carries the exact same significance. But if your contention is that most cocker spaniels would have voted for Old Hillary, then you are probably right on at least that.

On the upside, I sure did enjoy the boo-hoo-fest at Clinton HQ on election night. Though I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall (wearing body armor of course) while she trashed the place in a drunken rage that night. tee-hee...
A landslide? He lost the popular vote by more than anyone ever to win the office. He had one of the smallest electoral college wins also. So idk what you think is a landslide but most sane people don't call that a landslide.

And the popular vote does matter because it was a glimpse at what we see now. His approval ratings are so low because most of the country (the popular vote) don't support him or his policies. And that "Germain" (idk maybe you meant germane) popular vote will be his undoing in 2020.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #1358
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

Polls - Every one of them is a set of questions directing you to THEIR conclusion.

As I was told in business law, a good attorney, asking "YES or NO" questions, could make Mother Theresa look like a child molester.
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #1359
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default Required Reading for Millsy!

Like a good little libtard, millsy swallows the talking points he is spoon-fed on "voter suppression".

When libtards lose elections, it's because those "racist" voter ID laws suppressed minority turnout.

But when minorities turn out in higher percentages than non-minorities, it doesn't prove the converse, i.e., that voters were NOT suppressed on the basis of race.

Libtard logic = heads I win, tails you still lose. That's the way they roll!

Time for Jason Riley to school millsy on the lessons to be drawn from the recent Alabama Senate race:

Alabama Disproves the Case Against Voter ID

Liberals were ready to blame Jones’s defeat on ‘suppression.’ Then black voters helped him win.

By Jason L. Riley
Dec. 19, 2017 7:03 p.m. ET

If Democrat Doug Jones had lost the Senate contest in Alabama last week to Republican Roy Moore, does anyone doubt that the state’s voter ID laws would have been blamed?

Actually, we don’t have to guess, because Election Day brought observations like this tweet from columnist Paul Krugman: “Totally unclear who will win AL. But it’s so close that if Moore does win, voter suppression will have made the difference.” The comment received more than 6,900 “likes.”

As it happens, Mr. Jones won the special election and did so with more than a little help from black voters. CNN exit polling showed that blacks were 29% of the electorate, and 96% of them went for Mr. Jones. That 29% matches Alabama’s black vote share when Barack Obama was elected in 2008 and is slightly higher than in 2012.

Ultimately, however, white Alabamians made the difference last week. Mr. Jones not only swept the black vote but vastly outperformed Mr. Obama among whites, which is why he became the first Democrat to win a U.S. Senate seat in Alabama in 25 years. Mr. Obama managed just 10% of the white vote in 2008 and 15% in 2012, and he lost the deep-red state handily both times. Mr. Jones won 30% of whites, which enabled him to pull off the upset.

That said, the turnout among blacks, given Mr. Obama’s absence from the ballot, was impressive, and it ought to inform the continuing debate about whether voter identification requirements are tantamount to “voter suppression.” Mr. Krugman might think so, but most black voters disagree with him - as do most whites, most conservatives and even most liberals. A Gallup poll last year put support for voter ID laws at 80% among all groups, including 95% of Republicans, 83% of independents, 63% of Democrats, 81% of whites and 77% of nonwhites. In a 2012 survey published by the Washington Post, 78% of whites, 65% of blacks and 64% of Hispanics expressed support for voter ID laws.

Democratic Party officials and media elites insist that asking people to prove their identities before voting effectively disenfranchises minorities, but most Americans understand the importance of ballot integrity. And if such laws make it too difficult for blacks to cast a ballot, what explains the Obamalike minority turnout for Mr. Jones, given that Alabama implemented one of the country’s toughest voter ID requirements in 2014?

Scaremongers liken voter ID laws to the literacy tests and violence used to intimidate black voters under Jim Crow. But what happened last week in Alabama is not uncommon. Strict voter ID laws were passed in Georgia and Indiana more than a decade ago, and in 2008 the Supreme Court concluded that they are reasonable and constitutional. Subsequently, minority turnout increased not only within both states but also compared with other states that lack voter ID laws. Similarly, black voter registration and turnout remained level in Texas and went up in North Carolina after those states implemented voter ID mandates.

In the 2012 presidential election, blacks voted at a higher rate than whites nationwide, even as more states were passing these supposedly racist laws. In 2016 the percentage of the black vote declined for the first time in 20 years in a presidential election, but Hillary Clinton’s losses in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania had more to do with voter apathy than voter ID. After all, Mr. Obama won those states. Twice.

Voter ID laws don’t keep blacks from casting ballots any more than they keep blacks from cashing paychecks. The problem for Democrats isn’t with these identification requirements but with giving their black base a reason to come out and vote. It turns out that when blacks are sufficiently motivated, they have no problem making their voices heard at the ballot box, even in states with strict voter ID laws.

Nevertheless, don’t expect Democratic leaders to stop peddling these voter ID myths. The issue gives them a way to smear Republicans as racist, and liberals have an abiding belief that racial polarization is good politics. Unfortunately, we now have a Republican counterpart in President Trump, who inherited a racially divided country from his predecessor and has only made matters worse by, among other things, embracing right-wing populists like Roy Moore.

Meantime, the black unemployment rate has fallen to 7.3% from 8% in the past year, and black labor-force participation has increased. Among Hispanics, the jobless rate has dropped by a full percentage point, to 4.7%, over the same period, while labor-force participation has held steady. This is what the Trump economy is doing for minorities. If more people aren’t talking about it, perhaps the president’s preoccupation with identity politics is to blame.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/alabama...-id-1513728214
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:23 AM   #1360
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
When libtards lose elections, it's because those "racist" voter ID laws suppressed minority turnout.

But when minorities turn out in higher percentages than non-minorities, it doesn't prove the converse, i.e., that voters were NOT suppressed on the basis of race.
That is a bit of a head scratcher, isn't it?
Old 12-23-2017, 06:22 AM   #1361
gfejunkie

Quote:
I don’t see long faces at all.
I'm not the only one who notices...

Quote:
The polls were right you moron.
If they were right Clinton would be President.

Quote:
The thing is I’m not miserable.
Sure you are. You prove it with every post...

Quote:
stupid. moron.
Miserable people always call others names. BTW, it doesn't bother me in the least. Water off a duck's back. It says more about you than it does about me.

Quote:
So keep telling yourself that Trump’s approval ratings don’t matter.
What I think doesn't matter. President Trump could care less. He's just going to keep on doing what he was sent to Washington to do: Lower taxes. Less government. Destroy ISIS. Fix immigration. Protect our borders. Succeeding!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #1362
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

When someone tells you that minorities turned out in higher percentages than non minorities in an election, don’t argue with them. Don’t read any further. That alone tells you that they are not going to say anything logical. In what world is 29% higher than 66%? Maybe that person wanted to say voted at higher rate, but when you are trying to be the smartest person in the room, don’t mess up on something crucial. Turnout means the number of people voting and 66% > 29%.

But let’s not let stupid people spread lies.

Alabama did have efforts to suppress voting:
https://votingwars.news21.com/africa...riers-to-vote/

It was just combatted by people in vans driving people to polling stations who didn’t have cars. You had people out in force getting people registered and making sure they knew the rules and their rights. You had people registering felons who were legally able to vote (and that didn’t go over well with some people)…
https://votingwars.news21.com/africa...riers-to-vote/

If you don’t think states are trying to suppress votes, don’t believe me, believe a court in a state that went for Trump:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/u...-carolina.html

People like to pretend that just because you overcame someone trying to suppress you, that means it never existed. Maybe this article can help the people who can’t believe that voter ID laws are targeting minorities but can believe that 3-5 million people voted illegally.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ession-turnout
Old 12-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #1363
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm not the only one who notices...

If they were right Clinton would be President.

Sure you are. You prove it with every post...

Miserable people always call others names. BTW, it doesn't bother me in the least. Water off a duck's back. It says more about you than it does about me.

What I think doesn't matter. President Trump could care less. He's just going to keep on doing what he was sent to Washington to do: Lower taxes. Less government. Destroy ISIS. Fix immigration. Protect our borders. Succeeding!
Maybe if I speak in the way a kid can understand, this moron will get it.
Polls = national vote. Clinton won national vote. Electoral college = Trump win. Two different things. Different means not the same.

And ok dude, you can believe I'm miserable. That doesn't change what the truth is. I will be just fine with someone I've never met thinking something about me.

So if name calling means you are miserable.... that would me you and your fellow Trump people on here are miserable too because y'all all name call too. But I guess the only name calling that counts is calling out stupid people...

Great Trump is lowering taxes for 1% of the country. Less government except if you want to legalize marijuana in your state or fund programs they don't want or make your city a sanctuary city, then they believe in the government regulation. Destroy ISIS huh? I mean I'm sure Obama was doing that pretty well judging by what military officials had said. But ok Trump is keeping up what was already happening. Doesn't seem like anything great happening. Just business as usually.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:01 AM   #1364
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Well, I'm a happy camper. My man Trump is on top and he can't be stopped. Less government for sure.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #1365
gfejunkie

Quote:
Great Trump is lowering taxes for 1% of the country.
Not according to CBS...

Oh, ye of little faith!

Thank you, President Trump...

If you need a detailed list of accomplishments try this (Thanks to the OP)...

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...87&postcount=1

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women