Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
golfistheanswer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Why are we limited?

It seems like a lot of limitations now exist on ECCIE. Why can't this site allow content like Switter and other sites do?

I am asking from a purely legal perspective.
golfistheanswer is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
Guest082718
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

My guess is it is to make sure the site stays "legal" under the new recent things passed. Every site is different and some owners are more cautious than others. Those that kept servers hosted in the US need to pay close attention to how they operate. But even overseas servers, some owners are saying I am not in the US so US laws don't apply. Others may be thinking although I am in Country X overseas, I am going to change how I do things so I don't run afoul of the new law. I think it's all about risk management.
Guest082718 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
WARHEAD
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I know you like freedom of speech, I do too.
But the fact is you don’t have that right in America, no matter what you’ve been told.
Make a death threat, see what happens to your freedom of speech.
Solicit a SW, if she’s a cop, see what happens to your freedom of speech.
Scream fire in a crowded theater, see what happens to your freedom of speech.
Your freedoms end were they intrude on others lives, this is why legislators make laws we have to follow.
WARHEAD is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Zollner
BANNED

Encounters: 64

True moving your adult site and servers offshore will keep your site from being seized and shutdown.
However if you live in the US or return to the US you may be arrested like the CEO of BP was along with his main shareholders who were all arrested and charged with pimping.
Zollner is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
golfistheanswer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zollner View Post
True moving your adult site and servers offshore will keep your site from being seized and shutdown.
However if you live in the US or return to the US you may be arrested like the CEO of BP was along with his main shareholders who were all arrested and charged with pimping.
So someone outside of the US should make a truly free version of ECCIE like they have done with Switter.
golfistheanswer is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:59 AM   #6
Guest083119
Account Disabled

User ID: 444493

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfistheanswer View Post
It seems like a lot of limitations now exist on ECCIE. Why can't this site allow content like Switter and other sites do?

I am asking from a purely legal perspective.
You’re asking from a purely legal perspective, but right now the reason is probably more of a business one. A lot of online companies are running scared in their attempt to not put a target on themselves. Eccie is a for profit site, unlike Switter and OH2. Eccie needs to be able to have payments processed online to be profitable.

Unfortunately, online payment processors are concerned about being associated with a site that may eventually run afoul under SESTA/FOSTA, and therein lies the current issue.

From a purely legal aspect, most of the other posters are correct. Having servers overseas helps, but if controlling parties are physically here, that means very little. As someone mentioned, even if a site owner moves overseas, he would be imprudent to return to the states even for a visit. No weddings, no funerals, no family reunions. No.

The worst part is Eccie can take all the precautions in the world, but if someone uses this site for trafficking, Eccie and it’s owners can face criminal and civil consequences. That’s why Craigslist took down all of their personal ads, even Missed Connections and why Google is deleting the Gmail accounts of known sex workers. Not because their sites are inherently P4P but because of the risk of liability from what their site is used for in reality.

So, in a nutshell for now, this isn’t a constitutional issue of free speech, etc., it’s a business decision to make money and perhaps a short term play at that. Get the revenue now when they can and then, go dark again near the end of the year.
Guest083119 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
bb1961
Valued Poster

I wonder what ever happen to the founding fathers....the government shall fear the people you have liberty....
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny...
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
Agent220
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
I wonder what ever happen to the founding fathers....the government shall fear the people you have liberty....
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny...
This came down to 3 things: Security, Money and Control.

Security- Legislaitors doing this to prevent child trafficking when the truth is they now pushed it so far underground that even LE Agencies have complained because it made their jobs harder.

Money- The affidavits pointed out that the execs and CEO's were funneling their profits to Swiss bank accounts thus Uncle Sam was not getting their cut. Backpage recieved awards for helping LE track down and helping and aiding in arresting traffickers.

Control- Another step towards Orson Wells "1984". In order for this new legislation to pass, had to break down the rules toward Net Neutrality. They are now going to change the game on banking institutions.

To quote Ben Franklin, "Those that want security over liberty deserve neither."
Agent220 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:09 PM   #9
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent220 View Post
Control- Another step towards Orson Wells "1984".
<pedant>Nineteen Eighty-four is by George Orwell, not Orson Welles.</pedant>

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #10
Guest083119
Account Disabled

User ID: 444493

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Guest083119 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:40 PM   #11
bb1961
Valued Poster

The founding fathers established a government for the people by the people.....now look...
THE FOUNDING FATHERS KNEW WHAT FAR REACHING GOVERNMENT WOULD AND COULD DO!!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women