Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
gman44

Encounters: 203
Default Loudmo crap

I'm trying to post a pic here or on imagecoast or whatever and I get a small popup window that says I'm the 10,000th visitor to whatever site I'm on and it takes me to another website that says I should claim a prize and at the top it says powered by loudmo

How do I get that crap off my computer? I don't really care what number of visitor I am to a website and don't want to be taken away from the website that I'm on
gman44 is online now   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

Run spyware remover. I like spybot. Also you could try to remove your cookies. In internet explorer right click on icon choose properties and delete browsing history to delete cookies. Hope this helps.
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

It appears that your system is infected. The previous suggestion is good. You may also wish to try...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
avast! Anti-virus
CCleaner
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
Tex9401

Encounters: 3

I agree with Mokoa that you have been infected with spyware.
What browser are you using? I use Firefox or Chrome depending on what site I get on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
It appears that your system is infected. The previous suggestion is good. You may also wish to try...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
avast! Anti-virus
CCleaner
Tex9401 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
Bushaholic
Ambassador

Encounters: 50

Loudmo is referred in numerous places on the internet as "contextual adware". It's purpose is to deliver advertising to your desktop. Appears that certain companies pay loudmo for this service. You will often see on the internet mention that it's suspected to piggyback into your system with the installation of other software (ie Loudmo's FLV Player) see http://www.loudmo.com/products

Loudmo appears to possibly have different flavors of it that can get into your system. Worst case scenario, some of the AV products show it might be a virus definition, although it often looks more likely to be adware. Avira's definitions show it can have more than a dozen name variations. The good news, there's a different flavor in which it appears it can be a simple browser "add-on" and can often be easily removed. I'd start out hoping for the best, attack it the easiest way first, and hope that's the flavor you have.

Whatever browser you're using (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc) I'd look in my "add-ons", see if "Loudmo Contextual Ad Assistant" is listed and remove it. If you find it that way and remove it, you might be done with it. If you don't see it there, I'd research in Google, via whatever browser you have, using search terms like "reset (broswer name)" or "(browser name) remove add-ons", and follow those directions for your specific browser.

If you still have a problem with Loudmo, Go into "Add/Remove Programs", look for FLV Player in the list, and Loudmo, or other suspicious program names, and try to uninstall it that way, if listed. It's often said that whenever you see it in there and try to remove it, removal doesn't work, but it's worth a try. See if that fixes it, if not you might have a look at the following link, but you will likely need to look in "add/remove programs", and compare whats installed to the appropriate loudmo products removal instructions: http://www.loudmo.com/removal

If you're still not having any luck ridding yourself of this pest, next I'd install "SpywareBlaster", if you don't already have it on your system, update that, select "enable all protection", reboot your system, and see if that provides a temporary fix. I'd also download and install the Yahoo Toolbar or the Google Toolbar, and enable it's pop-up blocker. See if these can put a temporary band-aid on your Loudmo issue.

If that didn't correct the problem, then I'd download every free "antispyware" and "antimalware" program I could find, update them, then run whatever option on each that scans everything (ie full, detailed, complete, etc). You might also consider downloading several of those, updating them, and then rebooting into "safe mode" (F8), scan with each that way, because depending on the malware some can evade detection if your OS is operating normally. I'd consider the following freeware products for malware detection and removal: SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, A-Squared Free, Dr Web Cure-It, Spyware Terminator, Lavasoft, SpyBot.

Not sure what antivirus product you use, but I'd strongly consider uninstalling whatever you have now if a thorough scan didn't detect the problem, installing and trying the following free ones, one at a time, and uninstall each afterwards if it didn't find anything: Avira Free, Avast Home, Panda Cloud, AVG Free. Google search shows that Avira and Panda both detect "loudmo", at least there's hope of removal if it can be detected. I'd also consider booting into "safe mode" (F8) when I ran these virus scans for the highest possibility of removal, however be careful about using "safe mode" with Panda Cloud. Panda Cloud uses "collective intelligence" and is a cloud based product (works through the internet) to assist with malware removal, thus it likely works best when you have an active internet connection. Panda might work in "safe mode" if you choose the "networking" option, but I'm not sure.

If you still have Loudmo issues, and this just started happening recently, and you're using a MS OS, then you might try "System Restore", and go back to the most recent "Restore Point" prior to you noticing the problem. That may or may not help.

If the problem still exists, and you don't have time to keep messing with its remediation, then I'd consider installing a different internet browser than the one you're using, use it for the time being (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc), until you have time to get back and attack the issue.

The following step is probably the most thorough, and in the long run might save you the most time, especially if you end-up having to try numerous antimalware and antivirus solutions. Also, it can be used if nothing mentioned throughout this post helps, and you still have a Loudmo issue. Search Google for a "hijack forum", or use the term "malware forum", or "bho forum", or "adware forum". Look for one of the more well-known sites that do that, sign-up (usually free) and post your issue (ie "Please help with Loudmo removal"). They'll likely have you install something to run a "hijack log", ask you to post it, and experienced spyware/malware removal people will usually help walk you through a manual removal of the infected files that set-off loudmo and/or registry editing to remove it. But before you do any of that, I'd strongly suggest you create a "system restore" point.

After that, I'd strongly suggest locking down your system, and increasing the security of your OS and browsers, giving strong consideration to the adding of a real-time antispyware program and possibly a HIPS program. I've found this link to be rather helpful at times regarding free products that assist with malware detection, removal, and increasing the security of one's system, OS, and browser: http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...list-world.htm

Good Luck, hope that helps.

Bushaholic
Bushaholic is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women