Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
tikkler33
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34
Default AV Security Suite

Somehow I accidentally got this on my computer. I can't find anyway to delete it or remove it. I went to Google and found that there are sites for AV Security Suite removal, but the virus even prevents those sites from opening up. It's a really bad bug. Any idea on how to get rid of this thing? Ad Aware and Malwarebytes can't touch it. Thanks in advance.
tikkler33 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Bushaholic
Ambassador

Encounters: 50

Did you just run MalwareByte's normally or did you follow a step-by-step process with MalwareByte's specific to the removal of AV Security Suite as described here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...security-suite

There seems to be pages-and-pages of scam links on Google regarding the removal of "AV Security Suite", and are actually veiled advertisements for other companies products they want you to purchase. These are often BS ads/scams to remove the malware but require you to purchase something in the end to achieve that. Many shady companies market their "lessor known" malware products by creating a webpage specific to a certain malware, making it look like a possible free removal tool, or instructions, they will often have you download something, it will detect the malware, but won't typically offer to remove it unless you pay for their product. History on the internet often finds purchases of these "lessor known" malware products don't end-up doing their job. Just giving you a heads-up on that so you don't get sucked-in spending too much time or money on them. Who knows if most are BS products that don't work, with a company based overseas that's shady and doesn't give refunds?

If the steps detailed on the BleepingComputer link (first link at the top) don't work, then you might check the next one in this post. There appears to be a removal tool (that might end-up costing you) on the page to the next link I'll show, but below that there seems to be manual removal instructions you could try for free, if you're comfortable with regedit or registry editing software.

CAUTION - before giving you the link, be very careful doing registry editing, if you do one thing wrong your system might not reboot! Always back-up your registry before doing any reg-editing, and create a "system restore" point. It may be best to have someone you know whose familiar with reg-editing do that for you, if you're uncomfortable with that, or haven't done it before. Here's the link...

http://www.virusremovalguru.com/?p=6257 (scroll til you see the manual removal instructions)

I found some other links that might provide help, but don't have time to thoroughly look into them. Check these out and some of the comments left on these pages appear to have additional links...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3184515AA9VmDq
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4072354AAVL6iE

Other than that, you might try some of the things I stated in this thread that aren't specific to "loudmo" http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=342016&postcount=5

SIDENOTE - you stated that you can't open sites from your PC to look at the instructions for removal of AV Security Suite. That being the case, you may have to look at links regarding that from another PC. Maybe print them out and then follow those printed instructions from your PC. Or you might try booting into "safe mode with networking" (F8) and see if it turns-off "AV Security Suite's" processes, and if you can then access the internet, thus being able to follow the links and instructions for removal that way.
Bushaholic is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

One of the first things some of the nastier code does is cut off access to the Internet so the infected computer cannot get help. I suggest you go get the following of the Internet from a different computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-malware Go here... Malwarebytes
avast! anti-virus Go here... Download avast!
CCleaner Go here... CCleaner

Install an use them to clean up the infected computer.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

I use Windows Defender...it's free to download and as long as you use Firefox or Opera you should be ok.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
tikkler33
Valued Poster

I was finally able to download Super Anti Spyware and run it. Took 2 times but it finally got rid of it. That is a bad ass virus!
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Glad to read that you were able to take care of it.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
tikkler33
Valued Poster

I'm just hoping it doesn't resurface. Some of these things are like cancer. You think it's gone, but they hide and pop back up when you don't expect them to.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Keep your anti-virus stuff up to date. Scan regularly.

Vigilance is what will help you.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
MisterHx
Gaining Momentum

I do hard drive cleaning as a side job. I am now a code writer and moved away from full technical support. But the sites provided by others are well known to help you clean your system. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com is good site to help you. Should you ever run into something you never seen, GOOGLE it. Seriously, only rarely do you run into things not seen before and usually its something that just came out as I have encountered that 2 times in my life.

I use the following: AVG Anti-virus, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Hijackthis
these tools help me clean almost anything and they are free. As far as your browsing well I recommend Firefox with NoScript installed. This will prevent websites from auto-running stuff. IE sort of does that NOW but not like NoScript. NoScript you have to accept it on each site you go so its annoying at first but the settings are either NEVER, Temporarily (for current session), or always (use this for trusted sites such as ECCIE.NET).

You have to use a combination of tools to prevent things but you are never 100% because some jerk out there is writing something new that people have not seen. Btw, if you know someone (like me) who can pull out your harddrive and scan it offline, this is best way to clean it and make sure you dont lose data.

I will say this, if you get a rootkit virus, you are pretty much screwed. These are the latest hard to remove virii, they bury themselves into the registry of windows elsewhere on the harddrive making it each time you boot up the machine slower and slower to the point of death.
MisterHx is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Pinkerton
Registered Member

Unfortunately I am an expert in this problem as AV Security has infected my computer twice. So here's the key to removing it.

1. You have to be in safe mode. Reboot your computer and continually hit the F-8 key as it is booting up. This will take it to safe mode.

2. Hopefully you have a spyware program already installed. I use malwarebytes and ad-aware. If you are in safe mode, you will be able to run scans. Malwarebytes found 8 infected files on my computer. It removed them and after I rebooted I was good to go. Simple as that.

If you are not in safe mode, the AV Security program will not allow you to run any scans and will annoy the heck out of you. Good luck!

PS I found that when you Google AV Security Suite you will find a ton of site that will help you remove the virus. However most want you to buy their programs before allowing you to download the removal tool. My way is free and works!
Pinkerton is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women