Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47401
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
laserface
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLisa View Post
As to recording officer conversation during a pull over perhaps a big sticker on your back window stating that any conversations maybe recorded at anytime and by asking the occupants to speak (in or out of the car) you give consent to that recording. I mean police cars have dashboard cams.
I would suspect that would not work, in much the same way that a disclaimer in an ad that says "By contacting me, you agree that you are not affiliated with law enforcement" doesn't work...
laserface is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #17
Taylorsweet
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3764
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Great Post.......

It's a life learned lesson in itself! Great Post Dstorm Bravo!
Taylorsweet is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
Dstorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLisa View Post
Those are great vids. I wish my youngest had seen them before he got all tangled up w/the local establishment. But I've shared with him and others since then.
I respect them for their jobs and unfortunately we do not live in a utopian society so we do need individuals to provide that structure, luckily we Do live in amsociety that does allow us to defend ourselves against their sometimes unjust accusations. (so I guess this means I sort of respect lawyers too).

As to recording officer conversation during a pull over perhaps a big sticker on your back window stating that any conversations maybe recorded at anytime and by asking the occupants to speak (in or out of the car) you give consent to that recording. I mean police cars have dashboard cams.
While it might be met with a funny look, he would either have to consent or refuse. Either way, he might mind his manners a bit better if he thinks you are the kind of person who would go to the trouble of recording him.
Try that on phone sometime and see how quick people change their tune!
I routinely record phone calls (business related) and soooo many times that tape has helped me out. Simply letting someone know you have a record of what was said takes away any incentive for them to lie. Sometimes, I let them spin an elaborate lie, then bust them. Nothing like making someone eat their words.
Dstorm is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
KlassyKelliAnn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2751
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Excellent Information! A must view!!!! Thanks!

Kelli Ann
KlassyKelliAnn is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
grtrader
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Sometimes even not talking will get used against you. I was dealing with a traffic ticket. The prosecutors way of wanting to deal with me not taking the stand was to the point of telling the jury as you can see he didn't say he was innocent.

Here is a scary as hell fact I want you to think about. The average IQ is 100 That means half the people in the US have less than a 100 IQ and if you are looking at a jury the percentage is almost always higher.

Believe it or not I had just got the officer to make the point I had not broken the law in Texas for speeding. Yet, because of the prosecutors one line comment about me not saying I was innocent I still got the conviction for the ticket.

I went in let the prosecutor run through her evidence which include the police officers training as a law enforcement officer and so on. I asked the police officer a few simple questions. One did his law enforcement training include being trained to understand and recognise the law? If he said no then I would have asked how he knew I supposedly broke the law. So he obviously said yes which I counted on and I then used that to get him to explain what type of speed law Texas has. That it is not an absolute speed law. In this state if you are driving with in a safe speed for the situation and road conditions you aren't breaking the law. After all that the jury still came back with a conviction. You can figure several reasons stupidity, they didn't like someone else getting away with what they were not capable of whatever it was. Even the officer telling them in clear words I didn't break the law. Didn't get the jury to vote not guilty. The stupid part is it should have been drop as a case from my understanding with the request of the judge to do so. Not bad enough. So I went to appeal it to the next court. The prosecutor talked to the judge and had it kicked out. I wasn't even allowed to go before the judge to object to that.

In honesty the police around here are just trying to do what they are paid to do. The real crooks is the prosecution. They get away with it in the lower courts in Texas because they are not required to record the court proceedings. Which makes it hard to go after these lower court prosecutors and get them disbarred.
grtrader is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #21
chufchuf
Registered Member

Knowing how the cops will f*ck you over when you stay silent, I always answer - but I consider every answer VERY carefully, and take my time to answer... So they can't get f*cked up as I really am trying to help them, it's...just...that...I ...gotta....be ...sure...of what....I'm ....saying. Of course I say NOTHING that they can do anything with! There's nothing wrong with taking your time to answer them - (plus it messes with their limited mental processes :-)
chufchuf is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #22
guest111010
Account Disabled

User ID: 3482
My ECCIE Reviews

im watching the vid now. and jesus i used to live on 4th bay street which is right off of east oceanview. ITS GHETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTO there. no i dont live there we were stationed there a long time ago haha
guest111010 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #23
AustinBusinessTraveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chufchuf View Post
Knowing how the cops will f*ck you over when you stay silent, I always answer - but I consider every answer VERY carefully, and take my time to answer... So they can't get f*cked up as I really am trying to help them, it's...just...that...I ...gotta....be ...sure...of what....I'm ....saying. Of course I say NOTHING that they can do anything with! There's nothing wrong with taking your time to answer them - (plus it messes with their limited mental processes :-)
That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Watch the video, call a local attorney and talk to them, or call any cop you know and ask them. You aren't smart enough and simply don't know enough about what they know to answer intelligently. Even statements you believe could not hurt you can come back to bite you in the ass.

Cops, particularly detectives, are far more intelligent than the "limited mental processes" you give them credit for. They deal with idiots who think they can keep from saying anything useful every day and send them to prison every day. The only information you should give them is your name, address of record and the statement that you decline to answer any questions without counsel present.

Anything... ANYTHING more than that and you are an idiot. Even if they approach you to "just get information" and "you aren't a suspect", have a lawyer present. Can't afford a lawyer? Find a way.

It's really that simple.
AustinBusinessTraveler is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
delimex007

Encounters: 17

Just STFU and always always get a lawyer ! It`s that fuckin` simple.. Why do some folks want to make it complicated ?? Again just STFU and hire a lawyer !!!
delimex007 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #25
AustinBusinessTraveler
Valued Poster

Delimex007,

Perfectly said. There is simply no reason to say anything more than your name and "I want to speak to my lawyer"... EVER!
AustinBusinessTraveler is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #26
Trisha2nite
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 20111
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you for posting that video!! Very useful information!
Trisha2nite is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:43 PM   #27
Ramman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 78

In Texas there is a profiling law and every traffic stop is either recorded with audio and video or just audio. I was stopped about two weeks ago and when the nice officer returned to my car with an electronic ticket he took a photo of me that was printed out on my receipt. Also in Texas I think there is a law that requires you to show your I.D. if the police have you stopped for any reason as long as the stop is within the law and it don't matter if it is on the side of the road walking or in walmart shopping. IF you go to court don't be shocked to see and hear the traffic stop like I was in Sugar land.
Ramman is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #28
Lokii30
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I learned alot watching this video, thank you for sharing it with us!!!

Lokii30
Lokii30 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #29
Ziel
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 12

I laughed after reading some of the replies on this thread. Have any of you ever tried this. I was with my cousin who is also someone who thinks he is smarter then the cops. He picked to remain silent and not give them the right to search his car.

Cops tried getting me into all of this sense I has in the car also but I kept my mouth shut because I was not driving and have something in my pocket I really did not want them to find :-)

Anyways after getting silent treatment and getting denied to search the car are cop made a little call in his car. Next thing you know he was out of paper to right tickets so we needed to go to the police station to get the ticket done.

Then two more cops and a tow truck show up. Cops tells my cousin sense he has to go to the station to right the ticket they have to tow his car there also because they can not leave it on side of the road because it could case a crash.

Here is the kicker. Cops have the right to search any vehicle that is going into there lots before the tow truck hooks up to it for "SAFETY REASONS"

The only reason we lucked out was that the cop could not do anything to me so I got his keys and left before they could search his car. They stopped me a few miles down the road but after trying there hardest to find something to get me for they had to let me go.

They tried giving me some BS about they can stop and search suspicious drivers. I started using my Iphone for video and recorded him. Told him to repeat what he just told me and he started getting mad and changed the story. I then looked over and put phone next to his badge to get his shield number, and told him I was going to report him for harassment if he did not let me be on my way. Then I said I would also report this if he charged my cousin with anything extra other then the 5 miles over speed limit ticket.

They ended up not even writing my cousin his ticket because of the harassment thing.

But only reason this worked is because I had a friend of family who is lawyer at the time and had his number in my phone and really called him and let him talk to cop over speaker. I told him about what cop said about searching suspicious cars. He did his lawyer thing and we were off the hook.

So main point is if you riding solo and refuse to let them search they can claim they are out of tickets and search your car before it gets hooked up to tow truck. So in the end they search your car anyways and you pissed off the cop.
Ziel is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #30
obiwansalami
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
I laughed after reading some of the replies on this thread. Have any of you ever tried this. I was with my cousin who is also someone who thinks he is smarter then the cops. He picked to remain silent and not give them the right to search his car.

Cops tried getting me into all of this sense I has in the car also but I kept my mouth shut because I was not driving and have something in my pocket I really did not want them to find :-)

Anyways after getting silent treatment and getting denied to search the car are cop made a little call in his car. Next thing you know he was out of paper to right tickets so we needed to go to the police station to get the ticket done.

Then two more cops and a tow truck show up. Cops tells my cousin sense he has to go to the station to right the ticket they have to tow his car there also because they can not leave it on side of the road because it could case a crash.

Here is the kicker. Cops have the right to search any vehicle that is going into there lots before the tow truck hooks up to it for "SAFETY REASONS"

The only reason we lucked out was that the cop could not do anything to me so I got his keys and left before they could search his car. They stopped me a few miles down the road but after trying there hardest to find something to get me for they had to let me go.

They tried giving me some BS about they can stop and search suspicious drivers. I started using my Iphone for video and recorded him. Told him to repeat what he just told me and he started getting mad and changed the story. I then looked over and put phone next to his badge to get his shield number, and told him I was going to report him for harassment if he did not let me be on my way. Then I said I would also report this if he charged my cousin with anything extra other then the 5 miles over speed limit ticket.

They ended up not even writing my cousin his ticket because of the harassment thing.

But only reason this worked is because I had a friend of family who is lawyer at the time and had his number in my phone and really called him and let him talk to cop over speaker. I told him about what cop said about searching suspicious cars. He did his lawyer thing and we were off the hook.

So main point is if you riding solo and refuse to let them search they can claim they are out of tickets and search your car before it gets hooked up to tow truck. So in the end they search your car anyways and you pissed off the cop.
I read your post with great interest. A friend of mine has a similar problem: every time he gets stopped, even if it's for simple speeding, cops want to search his car no matter whether he acts cooperative/friendly or smartass/asshole. It went to the point that after he told the cop that he doesn't agree to have his car searched, the cop called K9 unit and had the dog sniff around the car. When the dog did not alert them to drugs, they debated for a while what to do next before deciding to let him go. All in all, he spent more than an hour by the side of the road for simple speeding, and because he refused to have his car searched. If he is stopped for any infraction other than speeding (say, he did not completely stopped at a stop sign before turning right), then car search is a given; if he refuses, he gets arrested because cops can arrest you if you run a red light or a stop sign. The, after he's arrested, the cop searches his car. It always happens, like a clockwork.

My buddy seems to think that somebody dropped a dime on him, most likely somebody who got arrested for trafficking and simply ratted out a few names to cops to get on their good side. The funny thing is even though he has a rap sheet for stuff like simple assault (he's been in a few fistfights, and spent a few months in a jail), he was never arrested for DUI, possession, robberies or anything that'd make cops think that he may have something in his car that he shouldn't. And this has been going on for years; the fact that they never found anything on him or in his car doesn't seem to faze the cops; they keep doing it over and over again.

So, judging by what I know, it's quite possible that somebody badmouthed your cousin to the cops, and they're simply acting on that information.
obiwansalami is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women