Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 07-15-2019, 10:21 PM   #31
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
I don't think deficits matter - inflation will eventually occur which will enable paying the debt with even more dollars that we create electronically. I would rather have deficits than pay more in taxes.
You're not thinking things through, fred. Higher inflation will cause investors to demand higher interest rates on new government debt (to compensate for the faster erosion of purchasing power). If the Federal Reserve and the Treasury want to continue to have access to credit markets, they will have to pay more for it. This will drive up the cost of servicing the national debt and crowd out other federal spending priorities. Alternatively, if the Fed just prints money instead of borrowing, we will eventually find ourselves in a vicious cycle of upward spiraling inflation. Think Weimar Republic.

If that's what you're advocating, you're no better than AOC and those other far-left lunatics who subscribe blindly to MMT (Modern Monetary Theory) - a truly evil and repugnant "doctrine" with no intellectual substance or respectability that will lead us down the road to economic perdition as surely as munchy's drinking leads him to post incoherent comments in this forum.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #32
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You're not thinking things through, fred. Higher inflation will cause investors to demand higher interest rates on new government debt (to compensate for the faster erosion of purchasing power). If the Federal Reserve and the Treasury want to continue to have access to credit markets, they will have to pay more for it. This will drive up the cost of servicing the national debt and crowd out other federal spending categories.
yup, this is exactly what my Business School Teachers said, too. it is completely THEORETICAL. it is a true statement, but it is presumptive.. higher inflation WILL cause investors to demand higher rates, but where is the higher inflation? why has inflation been dormant throughout this massive debt run up? the real economy is not run out of Business School textbooks. friendly fred is right.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #33
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
too long to repeat here, so I will ask... with such huge deficits, why is inflation so low? why is the 10 year Treasury yielding under 2%? if deficits are a problem, these metrics should be through the roof.
Quote:
yup, this is exactly what my Business School Teachers said, too. it is completely THEORETICAL. it is a true statement, but it is presumptive.. higher inflation WILL cause investors to demand higher rates, but where is the higher inflation? why has inflation been dormant throughout this massive debt run up?
Already asked and answered, Chungy:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...7&postcount=58

Are you talking about the Conference Room? I'll go back there if/when CaptainMidnight returns.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:38 PM   #34
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Already asked and answered, Chungy:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...7&postcount=58

Are you talking about the Conference Room? I'll go back there if/when CaptainMidnight returns.
ok, I'll bite.. why did the velocity of money decline so steeply?
Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 PM   #35
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
yup, this is exactly what my Business School Teachers said, too. it is completely THEORETICAL. it is a true statement, but it is presumptive.. higher inflation WILL cause investors to demand higher rates, but where is the higher inflation? why has inflation been dormant throughout this massive debt run up? the real economy is not run out of Business School textbooks. friendly fred is right.
What LustyLad wrote has been proven true, time and time again, in the real world. He mentioned the Weimar Republic. More recent examples are Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Zimbabwe. Turkey's on the cusp of making the same mistake. The whole world thinks Erdogan, who believes the cure for high inflation is low interest rates, is an idiot. You keep interest rates below the inflation rate and print money and you end up with hyperinflation
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #36
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
ok, I'll bite... why did the velocity of money decline so steeply?
That's the $64,000 question. Partly because much of the cash created by the Fed's QE just made a quick round trip and wound up as member bank reserves deposited back at the Fed instead of being loaned out into the real economy.

I wish Milton Friedman was still around to explain it more fully.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 PM   #37
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
That's the $64,000 question. Partly because much of the cash created by the Fed's QE just made a quick round trip and wound up as member bank reserves deposited back at the Fed instead of being loaned out into the real economy.

but if it did that, the stimulus wasn't real, the money, and thus the deficit never materialized. so why are y'all on Obama's case about huge deficits?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:10 PM   #38
Chung Tran
BANNED

hey Lusty, since you dig equations.. try this one on:

http://moslereconomics.com/2009/02/1...g-for-dummies/
Old 07-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #39
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
What LustyLad wrote has been proven true, time and time again, in the real world. He mentioned the Weimar Republic. More recent examples are Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Zimbabwe. Turkey's on the cusp of making the same mistake. The whole world thinks Erdogan, who believes the cure for high inflation is low interest rates, is an idiot. You keep interest rates below the inflation rate and print money and you end up with hyperinflation
Correct Tiny they don't understand this...

https://realinvestmentadvice.com/deficits-do-matter/
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:49 PM   #40
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
but if it did that, the stimulus wasn't real, the money, and thus the deficit never materialized. so why are y'all on Obama's case about huge deficits?
You're conflating fiscal and monetary stimulus. Running a big budget deficit is fiscal stimulus. QE is monetary stimulus. They have very different impacts and ripple effects on the economy. Not sure what you mean by "stimulus wasn't real" - it didn't work?

I don't blame obama for the initial deficit. When an economy tanks as severely as ours did in 2008/2009, the federal budget AUTOMATICALLY swings into deficit as a result of slumping tax revenues and surging safety-net spending. I didn't even have any issue with the size (per se) of ARRA, his $828 billion fiscal stimulus program. What I DID have problems with were 1) how poorly that money was spent and 2) the fact that its stimulus benefits were offset by obama's other policies (ACA, stifling new regulations, etc.). This kept the recovery slow and weak and ensured that the annual deficit stayed over $1 trillion for the duration of his entire first term.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 PM   #41
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:

Kind of like check kitting lusty...
Like my late father said...I won't be around when the chickens come home to roost and I don't think I will be either. Why these people think we can spend our way to prosperity? Why don't we just print enough money to pay the 24 TRILLION dollar debt and start over without ANY debt? At what point does a country become a lone risk...when the liabilities exceed their assets...that's bankruptcy.
Trump wanting to borrow more money because of low interest...CRAZY!!
Hey if I could borrow my way to prosperity I'd be richer than Bozos.
This is political pinheads with their heads in the sand or up their asses.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:17 AM   #42
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
At what point does a country become a lone risk...when the liabilities exceed their assets...that's bankruptcy.
Trump wanting to borrow more money because of low interest...CRAZY!!
Hey if I could borrow my way to prosperity I'd be richer than Bozos.
but it's Accounting only.. what difference does it make if the Federal Government is "bankrupt"? they control the money supply, just create more. how is Trump crazy? paying back the borrowed money at cheap rates, after the added currency creates spending, jobs, assets? you can't borrow to prosperity, because you don't have Fiat currency power. but the US Government can't either, except to the extent the added spending creates wealth through spending.. it does that, granted it is minimal in today's economic climate. but the economy is very good, all of you agree on that.. so why the furrowed brows over Government spending?
Old 07-16-2019, 12:19 AM   #43
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
hey Lusty, since you dig equations.. try this one on:

http://moslereconomics.com/2009/02/1...g-for-dummies/
I don't see any equations, just a description of what happens when the federal govt borrows money that is the inverse of what I just described in my post #36 about QE.

I do see you've been supping with the devil.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:26 AM   #44
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
I don't see any equations, just a description of what happens when the federal govt borrows money that is the inverse of what I just described in my post #36 about QE.
but that description outlines why huge deficits are not negatively impacting the Economy, as Republicans have said they would for 40 years. your Boy Friedman was one of those guys, the Lord took him home before Milt had a chance to reflect on how wrong he was
Old 07-16-2019, 12:48 AM   #45
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
but that description outlines why huge deficits are not negatively impacting the Economy, as Republicans have said they would for 40 years. your Boy Friedman was one of those guys, the Lord took him home before Milt had a chance to reflect on how wrong he was
40 years? That goes back to when Reagan was elected. He inherited a stagflation mess from Jimmy Carter - do you cut him as much slack as you give obama for the economy Bush handed off? I seem to recall it was democrats who were the ones warning about deficits back then, not Republicans.

I don't oppose deficit spending per se. It's a necessary tool to combat recessions. The problem is the politicians want to run sizable deficits in bad years AND good years. That's reckless, irresponsible and a perversion of what Keynes actually taught - "the boom, not the slump, is the time for austerity." Fucking politicians don't know the meaning of the word austerity.

And Milty wrote a lot of things. He was right much more often than he was wrong, especially on how monetary policy impacts the real economy.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women