Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Who will win the Game of Thrones
Jon "the king of the north" Snow 5 17.86%
Daenarys "breaker of chains" Targaryen 5 17.86%
Cersei "the queen" Lannister-Baratheon 3 10.71%
Gendry "the bastard" Baratheon 2 7.14%
Jamie "king slayer" Lannister 0 0%
Sanza "the lady of Winterfell" Stark-Lannister-Bolton 1 3.57%
Arya "killer" Stark 3 10.71%
The Winter "old blue eyes" King 2 7.14%
Bran "the three-eyed raven" Stark 1 3.57%
Tyrion "the imp" Lannister 3 10.71%
None of the above 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #46
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2
Default SPOLIER ALERT! Don't open if you did NOT watch GOT last night....Episode 3 FInal Season

[QUOTE=Chateau Becot;1061431301]Tomorrow night....does the battle begin (the Night King's army of the dead vs the living @ Winterfell)? Whether its this week...or next....here's some scenarios that could take place...

Jorah Mormont dies...protecting his love...his queen.....QUOTE]

Yeah, I know....that one was easily the most obvious scenario to occur. Crummy of me to take credit for "calling it"....but I'll take it for what it's worth.

We lost other heroes last night, as well. That said, Jorah Mormont, aside, I'll hold off with any observations per their demise in case other GOTers planned to watch a tape delay later today / this evening.

However.....I will share a couple of criticisms of last night's Battle for Winterfell (other than the unseemly darkness of the so called "viewing pleasure" of the episode)….

…..did not care for the battle tactics of "whomever" was in command....be it Jon Snow, Daeny, etc. Sending the Dothraki Horsemen into a Blind Charge (ie: total darkness against an enemy they couldn't see until they were on top of them) was foolish and completely unnecessary. Except for Jorah and a few others that made it back, that asset was a total waste. Kal Drogo is spinning in his grave over this blunder.

The other thing was the use of Daeny's dragons. Drogon and Rhaegal (ridden by Daeny and Jon) spent more time flying through the clouds than what they shoulda been doing: and that would be flying circular patterns...a complete 360...around the perimeter of Winterfell. Protecting and attacking.

One to burn every member of the Dead Army to a crisp while the other flies to cover him; as a defensive maneuver so as to watch for the Night King and Viserion (the reanimated "dead" dragon).

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I get it. The screenwriters have to build a story that "all appears lost" until the final seconds...but still.

If they can't come up with a better use of a weapon there is no answer for (ie: massive creatures that can both fly AND spit truckloads of napalm at will) then they will lose another dragon (if not BOTH) to Qyburn's Scorpion.....of which he may have multiple ones built by now....armed and ready for use in order to protect King's Landing and his queen, Cercei.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #47
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

[QUOTE=Chateau Becot;1061450878]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
Tomorrow night....does the battle begin (the Night King's army of the dead vs the living @ Winterfell)? Whether its this week...or next....here's some scenarios that could take place...

Jorah Mormont dies...protecting his love...his queen.....QUOTE]

Yeah, I know....that one was easily the most obvious scenario to occur. Crummy of me to take credit for "calling it"....but I'll take it for what it's worth.

We lost other heroes last night, as well. That said, Jorah Mormont, aside, I'll hold off with any observations per their demise in case other GOTers planned to watch a tape delay later today / this evening.

However.....I will share a couple of criticisms of last night's Battle for Winterfell (other than the unseemly darkness of the so called "viewing pleasure" of the episode)….

…..did not care for the battle tactics of "whomever" was in command....be it Jon Snow, Daeny, etc. Sending the Dothraki Horsemen into a Blind Charge (ie: total darkness against an enemy they couldn't see until they were on top of them) was foolish and completely unnecessary. Except for Jorah and a few others that made it back, that asset was a total waste. Kal Drogo is spinning in his grave over this blunder.

The other thing was the use of Daeny's dragons. Drogon and Rhaegal (ridden by Daeny and Jon) spent more time flying through the clouds than what they shoulda been doing: and that would be flying circular patterns...a complete 360...around the perimeter of Winterfell. Protecting and attacking.

One to burn every member of the Dead Army to a crisp while the other flies to cover him; as a defensive maneuver so as to watch for the Night King and Viserion (the reanimated "dead" dragon).

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I get it. The screenwriters have to build a story that "all appears lost" until the final seconds...but still.

If they can't come up with a better use of a weapon there is no answer for (ie: massive creatures that can both fly AND spit truckloads of napalm at will) then they will lose another dragon (if not BOTH) to Qyburn's Scorpion.....of which he may have multiple ones built by now....armed and ready for use in order to protect King's Landing and his queen, Cercei.
Yep! Piss poor cavalry tactics, and waste of good horses and men. And Plan "A" -- killing the Night King with dragon fire -- didn't work.

On the artistic side, it was notable that none of those who died offered pithy observations with their dying breath, and the bad guy (the Night King) didn't launch into a long-winded soliloquy on how he was going to skewer the good guy (Bran) -- giving the good guy time to kill him.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:33 AM   #48
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

John Snow and Blondie are going to win the last fight , just me
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #49
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1
Default libtard spin at it's finest

did you know that the Dothraki horde are displaced immigrants? and i thought they were a bunch of badass fighters for their Khaleesi?

Game of Thrones Keeps Killing Off Entire Immigrant Populations, And It's a Problem

Kyle Munzenrieder

W April 29, 2019

On last night's Game of Thrones, the priestess Melisandre saunters in at the last possible minute to light up the Arakhs of the Dothraki in flames. It both offers the assembled forces of Winterfell and the audience at home a brief glimmer of hope before the next sixty or so minutes of horror film-meets-battle scene tension, and results in a clever cinematic trick. The swift extinguishing of that flame, like a city skyline experiencing a rolling blackout, telegraphs the pure carnage that awaits without zooming in on the details.

Narratively however, it also also literally represents the end of what was left of Daenerys' 100,000+ Dorthraki horde. Assumedly, sure, there's the woman and children and possibly a few rogue hoards of Dothraki still left in Essos, but lest the show pulls a trick of "Oh, we actually have some more Dothraki over here, you just couldn't see them! It was dark!" this may have been their sendoff on the show. It was an abrupt end to an entire group who we were introduced to in the very first episode, and a people we've spent more time with and understand better than many of the populations of the actual seven kingdoms (What, exactly, is even happening in, say, The Reach, lately?) And it points to a worrying problem.

Where once it seemed like Game of Thrones had something to say about the topic of immigration and the introduction of new populations to the staid old continent of Westeros, I'm no longer sure it's interested in such heady ideas anymore. It continues to burn up entire ethnicities like kindling in the fire of expensive battle scenes, revealing that it only introduced them in the first place to populate its numerous bloodbaths. Entire peoples with proud, interesting histories have been given the send off of a random red shirt cadet in Star Trek.

Game of Thrones first started teasing that it had something big to say about the human costs of the idea of boarders with the Wildlings, or as they preferred to be know, the Free Folk. The group was hated by many of those in Westeros simply because they had been hated for years. It was tradition. While, of course, we know now there was actually a very good reason why the wall had gone up in the first place, most of the characters in the show didn't believe that White Walkers and other assorted supernatural threats beyond the wall actually existed. Most of them had come to believe that wall was simply there to keep the Free Folk out. The show then spent several seasons humanizing the Free Folk, tracking the peace they eventually came to with the Northerners, and exposing centuries old bigotries as nonsense in the process. Indeed, some of the biggest, purest romantic storylines on the show were between Free Folk and Westeros citizens. It wasn't hard to see the show grappling with what Westeros would look like had it come to recognize the Free Folk as equals. An eighth kingdom perhaps? A spot on the small council? In some ways, the show might still attempt that, but it's not like it has that many Free Folk left to work with. Our only major named Free Folk that we know who are still alive are Tormund Giantsbane, Gilly, and baby Samwell. How much of the population is left beyond that is up for debate. Most of them have now been killed at least twice on the show, first by the White Walkers, and then as Wights.

After eight seasons, the Dotraki were almost completely exterminated on Game of Thrones. It’s starting to become a problem.

Then there's the Unsullied. We're left to assume at least a good chunk of them have somehow survived The Long Knight, and will fight in the upcoming Last War, but it's not entirely clear if the show has any larger plan for them outside of "dudes who will die for Daenerys" (granted, that's about half of the show's cast at this point, but still).

Grey Worm is by far their most prominent member and should Daenerys sit on the throne, he and Missandei (another Essos-native, though the only Naath native featured on the show) could very well become a Westeros power couple. You have to figure Grey is on the shortlist for leader of the Queensguard, and Missandei as a candidate for a small council seat. Yet, should they survive, they've already decided they want to retire back to the beach of Missandei's native Naath. From a character perspective that's nice for them, but thematically, lest they change their minds, it means two of the most potentially powerful post-war characters have placed themselves outside of the answer of what would a Westeros with immigrants in place of power mean? Sure some of the Unsullied may survive the battle against Cersei and her rented Golden Army (yet another force of foreigners whose fate seems simply to die in battle), but as that population can't reproduce and form a lasting society in Westeros, there's certain themes their fate won't be able to directly address.

It's odd, because not only have so many outsiders died to protect the people of the Seven Kingdoms, but some the most prominent characters have foreigners to thank for the skills, experiences, and magic they've learned from both Essos and the Free Folk. So it sits a bit awkwardly that there's very few Free Folks or immigrants from Essos left to share in both the rewards and a slice of the power structure that emerges afterwards.

Sure, maybe given a few thousand more years, the White Walkers, had they survived, could have figure out how to man boats (or at least fly an ice dragon) over to Essos, but for the most part, so many people died for a threat their people didn't directly face.

This may also be a result of the show getting ahead of the books. Author George R. R. Martin has implicitly stated that ultimately he's more interested in exploring what the victors do with their power and responsibilities after they win a war than simply winning that war. It's easy to imagine that his future books may set themselves up better to imagine what a Free Folk run eight kingdom may look like, or what would happen if some Dothraki survived and decided they had every right to bring their wives and children over and set up a new home within the Seven Kingdoms. It makes sense that the HBO show killed off the Hoard because it made a great visual spectacle, but the literary version would find more satisfying material with the question of what would become of surviving Dothraki.

The show could still find some way to address these themes and questions that once seemed central to the themes of the show. Unfortunately, it's killed off so many immigrants and foreigners that it's left itself very little to work with.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:24 AM   #50
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Grey Worm and Missandei have already expressed their desire to return home. The Unsullied are no threat the Seven Kingdoms because they are "unsullied."

Bring on the Clegane Bowl.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #51
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

A question.
There must be at least 200,000 dead bodies laying around Winterfell.

Who the heck is going to clean all that mess up?

By the way. The ultimate badass is now Ayra. She has that faceless thing going, and is more than willing to kill.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #52
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
A question.

By the way. The ultimate badass is now Ayra. She has that faceless thing going, and is more than willing to kill.
Dragon fire!

Stack the bodies into piles and let the dragons do their thing.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 PM   #53
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
A question.

I asked the same question. Even stacking the bodies up so the dragon(s) could burn them would be an effort.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #54
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Dragon food ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:49 AM   #55
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
......By the way......the ultimate badass is now Ayra.

She has that faceless thing going, and is more than willing to kill...….

Arya Stark's adventures have been some of the more compelling ones per GOT's storyline.

While we might not have initially seen it, she seemed destined from Season One to become the force she is today. With 3 episodes remaining I've a feeling she has at least ONE more score to settle before it's all said and done.

Ser Meryn Trant never saw it coming, did he?

I suppose there's worse fates than dying in a dimly lit brothel.....but not to get laid prior to meeting one's demise? Damn.

And Walder Frey....ooops.

Well, I hope he enjoyed that final bite or so of pot pie. Well....maybe not....

And then there was the web-weaving Littlefinger.

Prolly not as satisfying a death as villains, Ramsey Bolton and Joffrey Barratheon….but shockingly quick and unexpected just the same.

And just when we thought we couldn't be surprised again.....

Ol' Blue Eyes and his band o' chilly followers go Bye Bye…thanks to Catelyn and Ned's youngest daughter, natch!

Looking ahead.....since she "scratched" Sandor Clegane from her list (when she left him to die several seasons ago), there's only one who remains....

Not sure if Arya will be "invited" to join Daeny's Army that'll invade King's Landing. But since when did she require an invitation to do what needs to be done in the first place?

She's collected "many faces" over time...it's quite possible she could use several along the way, even one to get close enough to Cersei herself to use her needle at least one more time.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #56
SecretE
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 157

I want it to be Jon Snow, since he was one of the only characters to have the best interests of the Seven Kingdoms at heart and didn't crave the Iron Throne, but I don't think the TV writers will go with that obvious choice.
SecretE is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #57
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretE View Post
I want it to be Jon Snow...…..but I don't think the TV writers will go with that obvious choice.
Agreed.

The writers know what the majority of avid fans worldwide have wanted for several seasons. In spite of the fact Jon and Daeny are both Targaryens (and related by blood) , its clear most everyone wants Jon to reign as ruler of the Seven Kingdoms with Blondie Blonde at his side.

Jon's already died once in this series......so do we really see him being killed off again? After what we all witnessed during the Battle of the Bastards, no doubt the Lord of Light has bigger plans for him. But Daeny….mmmmm, maybe not so much. I think she dies during the battle to take down Cersei and her new Soldiers of Fortune. For that matter, both of her dragons may perish, as well (especially if King's Landing has dozens of those Scorpions waiting for them).

Once the dust settles, anything can happen.

Without Daeny to rule with him, Jon could simply refuse to take a throne he never wanted in the first place. He convinces Tyrion Lannister to take the crown instead and asks Bran Stark to be appointed the newest Hand of the King (and why not....as the Three-Eyed Raven he's been given the wisdom and knowledge of 8,000 years. Who else could offer better unbiased advice than the unemotional Bran?) And, of course, Lord Varys comes back home as Tyrion's entrusted friend, confidant, and advisor.

Jon returns to Winterfell to rebuild The North, taking on the official title as Warden of the North. Sam and Gilly move home to his birthplace (since he's the rightful / only heir to the Tarly holdings). On and on and on per whoever can survive the finale....I've ideas but I'm already out in left field with this one. Stay tuned, right?

One thing for sure (okay 99% at least) this is not gonna be a Lord of the Rings Happy Ending, reminiscent of Aragorn being crowned king and his love appearing out of no where on Coronation Day. GOT is gonna have a dark....unhappy for many....ending, I fear.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #58
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

And what happens to SIR Brun? Does he take up residence at the former Mormont(sp) castle which is in need of an owner. Maybe the Veil...Brun spent quality time there. The new Lord Tarley can take his wife Gilly home and have about a dozen kids. How about the Lord and Lady of Castlery Rock. Poor old Tormund Giantsbane will have to find a harem to repopulate the ranks of the wildlings. I understand that there is a brothel in Kings Landing in need of an owner. It has been shut down for awhile but women can found.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #59
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Our favorite drama of sex, violence, and politics is about to begin it's final season (?).
The question for those who are watching, who will sit on the Iron Throne?
Well originally I had my money on the Night King (I mean who the fuck can beat an army of dead which includes giants and a dragon) ...but we all saw how that one ended.

My guess it will probably be Daenerys now. First they win the final war then Daenerys kills Jon and sort of becomes the new "mad king" like her father.

Since they gave us that great uplifting moment with Arya they're definitely going to have some sort of twisted ending I would think.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 PM   #60
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
Well originally I had my money on the Night King (I mean who the fuck can beat an army of dead which includes giants and a dragon) ...but we all saw how that one ended.

many others did too. that's the Evil end of the three possibilities .. the Night King wins and humanity become undead thralls for all eternity.

My guess it will probably be Daenerys now. First they win the final war then Daenerys kills Jon and sort of becomes the new "mad king" like her father.

this is an example of the bittersweet ending, which given the Evil ending is out now barring some rather difficult but not impossible plot twist brings back the Night King for a stunning last minute victory (here's to you Beric Dondorrian and Aegon Targaryen/Jon Snow) then you could also have Aegon kill Danny if it appears she does become the "Mad Queen". So Aegon might have to kill her.

But this could be Cerci. The fandom who know the novels far better than me say Cerci is the "Mad Queen" meaning it could be Jaime the KingSlayer that has to kill his own sister for the good of the realms.

other bittersweet endings could be Aegon/Jon dies in battle, Danny becomes Queen after defeating Cerci, Or Danny dies and Aegon becomes king.

Since they gave us that great uplifting moment with Arya they're definitely going to have some sort of twisted ending I would think.
so as i see it, there are three endings, the Evil end, the Bittersweet end and the Disney end where Aegon and Danny survive and rule as King and Queen.

George RR Martin controls all final say on this show. So it will end his way. the Disney ending is OUT, the dude ain't gone this far down the gritty life is hard story just to put on a pink pussy hat now. BAHHAAA

so unless he decides to resurrect the Night King for a shock end (or Bran BECOMES the new Night King, another fandom theory) it will be a bittersweet ending.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women