Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default D&T 2010Q1 Performance Review

Forgive the lack of precision, but the end of March marks the end of D&T's 1st Quarter. Since many of us have asked for a basically self moderated forum (or at least have more rope than other forums), I kinda feel like a self review is in order.

I'd grade it a "B+"

I give it high marks for serving as a bridge for many of us from HDH. One that was for the most part instantaneous/seemless (none of this "check back in a couple of weeks...we're working hard on a new site")

Although John Bull has had some "miscommunications" with a few of us (I'm guessing I'm not the only one), I give him credit for keeping an open mind & generally differing to the will of the membership, within reason. Without really knowing too much about him, I'll speculate that as a veteran mod, that wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do. That really is the definition of servant leadership.

The non-hobby related topics have been relatively civil, with a few notable exceptions (which don't need to be called out here). IMO, if you can't discuss things like politics without getting irate, just self opt out of the thread.

Members seem to do a much better job here of letting things go and not needing "the last word." In general people here are less defensive and take things less personally. I think that is very positive.

We've gotten some great new people that weren't regulars at HDH. We've had some people try us and left. Personally I'm not concerned about that as I think people vote with their feet and naturally self-select where they want to spend their time. Others have suggested that those new members didn't feel "welcome." Probably a mixed bag here.

So, IMO, overall good start.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I think the forum, for the most part, has been a success, although I wouldn't go as high as a B+.

I think there are a clique of posters (de facto mods) in this forum that tend to rally together and bully "new" posters or people with whom they disagree. Even when they marginally disagree with others in the clique, or other de facto mods, they put those disagreements aside to bully others in the forum.

In this environment it is really hard to control those would would "run" the forum on a de facto basis.

My grade would be more along the lines of a C-.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

You want a decoder ring Charles?

I got an extra one.

And if your extra nice, I might shoot you a pm on where there is some really good pussy. Maybe even some TP.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You want a decoder ring Charles?

I got an extra one.

And if your extra nice, I might shoot you a pm on where there is some really good pussy. Maybe even some TP.
A decoder ring...nah, wouldn't want you to get in trouble w/ the others.

Good pussy...who needs "good" pussy.

And I got TP in my BR.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I'm with you atl as I think this section of the site has done a pretty good job in being schoolyard in how it regulates itself. Don't know JB but he seems to be a good enough guy.... should he be kept or given the boot?

Anyway, I was not a member of HDH for a variety of reasons but CT, I would disagree with some of what you posted but I do realize what you mean. I think a lot of what you posted can be handled by not being personal while taking this forum, i.e. the site, in the context of not being the end all, be all for folks who post here. This is just an outlet, not the real world.

Funny how two people will be able to look at exactly the same thing while interpretating entirely different meanings because of their perception. Perception is unique to each of us but let's continue down this path because I like what I have seen. I know I like this forum just about the best due to the civility, for the most part, as well as the good natured ribbing that goes on.

Pretty kweel if you ask me.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Share! Share!.....and your hands don't count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post

And I got TP in my BR.
Review?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Sydneyb
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5481

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Members seem to do a much better job here of letting things go and not needing "the last word." In general people here are less defensive and take things less personally. I think that is very positive.
I agree that people here (as in the other places that we have all congregated in the past), as a group - we are really good at sharing views without too much conflict. Mostly we can all treat one another well and with a fair amount of respect; with a few exceptions - myself included in at least one instance. Even though the new group consists of many that know one another well (very well in some instances ) - I think that basic motivation has been sometimes missed due to the simple fact that we're new to each other. The old group has pretty much battled this out (Hi WTF!!!) and come to a comfortable understanding of where people are coming from when they comment. B+ for self moderation and getting comfy with one another....

Quote:
We've gotten some great new people that weren't regulars at HDH. We've had some people try us and left. Personally I'm not concerned about that as I think people vote with their feet and naturally self-select where they want to spend their time. .
I disagree. In at least one instance where a woman came here, she was mistreated by a mod behind the scenes and left. Given the group dynamics that had been so successful in the past, I felt that her presence would have created value and that she was a neat lady. I could be wrong; but I'm not usually wrong when it comes to recognizing a dynamic woman. Therefore, a B for moderation (thats on a curve that includes the old P's Houston moderation).

All said, this is where I come to see old friends and watch (mostly) from afar. I'm grateful for it and like that it (and you guys ) are here.
Sydneyb is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Members seem to do a much better job here of letting things go and not needing "the last word."
Now just a damn minute...
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyb View Post
I'm not usually wrong when it comes to recognizing a dynamic woman.
Ahh...I have that same trait.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #10
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I think the forum, for the most part, has been a success, although I wouldn't go as high as a B+.

I think there are a clique of posters (de facto mods) in this forum that tend to rally together and bully "new" posters or people with whom they disagree. Even when they marginally disagree with others in the clique, or other de facto mods, they put those disagreements aside to bully others in the forum.

In this environment it is really hard to control those would would "run" the forum on a de facto basis.

My grade would be more along the lines of a C-.
Aww shucks, CT...don't take things so personal. It is just a bunch of school chums poking and prodding at each other in the school yard to see what the other's are made of. Sometimes it is lighthearted...sometimes some knees get skinned. The Mods are here to just make sure no one picks up a weapon.

Every one of the women here recognize that all the guys are out there just measuring their dicks. I come to grips with the size and shape of mine long ago...so I'm proud of the little bugger.

The best thing about this place?...Everyone gets a date with the prom queen. As long as he is willing to pay the price.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
The best thing about this place?...Everyone gets a date with the prom queen.
What a slut!
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Interesting idea. And a good one.

Quote:
I give him credit for keeping an open mind & generally differing to the will of the membership, within reason.
Agreed.

Bullying still happens.

Quote:
his is just an outlet, not the real world.
Quote:
I disagree. In at least one instance where a woman came here, she was mistreated by a mod behind the scenes and left. Given the group dynamics that had been so successful in the past, I felt that her presence would have created value and that she was a neat lady.
This is true, but for a world that is highly isolating, it is also a valuable community, not just an outlet. Online forums make a real difference, especially for women where companionship plays a central role, and they can't talk to anyone in their immediate lives, even other local companions. Often they join communities in an effort to reach out, decompress, and find a place that welcomes them, in a world that believes we're immoral or trash. I think a little kindness, empathy and compassion makes a huge difference - especially to new members.

A few of those who left were active, thoughtful, good posters. They left because they were bullied. Their loss is a loss to the community.

I'd grade it a C+
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #13
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
A few of those who left were active, thoughtful, good posters. They left because they were bullied. Their loss is a loss to the community.

I'd grade it a C+
Curiously?...who are we talking about here? I know there are several folks who have stopped posting. I frankly can't remember whether they stopped over here or on the old board (and of course, the grade proposed and the entire thread was for this new board).

Of the ones I think of, some were highly opinionated. That's ok. But to come and be highly opinionated, does mean that you sometimes will have those opinions challenged...sometimes quite vehemently. Those posters, that I am thinking of, were also on the old board.

Others (I know of at least one) stopped posting for other reasons.

My personal opinion is that everyone has toned it down a bit since the move. And I'm not really sure who got run off since the move.

I'm not trying to start a spat LS. I am really just curious who got run off.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #14
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
I'm not trying to start a spat LS. I am really just curious who got run off.
A likely story. I bet you're just starting a rumpus.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I've gotten a ton of point(s)ers from John Bull

so I'd have to give the forum an A. \
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women