Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 10-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Hank Williams, Jr.

ESPN: "We have decided to part ways with Hank Williams, Jr. We appreciate his contributions over the past years," the company said in a statement. "The success of Monday Night Football has always been about the games and that will continue."

Hank Williams, Jr.: “After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision. By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It’s been a great run.”

Who fired who? I'd do a poll if I knew how to do it. I'll have to go with ESPN on this.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
BobInKC
Valued Poster

Someone needs to tell Hank ESPN isn't covered by the first, unless they've joined the government. ESPN knew who he was a long time ago and Hank should be smart enough to know you can't citicize Dear Leader and live to tell about it.

Worse yet has been Hank's apology tour. Just shut the fuck up already.
BobInKC is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Muffrider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInKC View Post
Hank should be smart enough to know you can't citicize Dear Leader and live to tell about it.
"Dear Leader" includes GW in the case of the Dixie Chicks.
Muffrider is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Yes, Hank has every right to say what he said about the Bamster. However, he has to live with the consequences of what he says. In this case, he pissed off ESPN, not known as being very tolerant about the speech of its contributors.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
vitokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Hank who? The only song I know he sings is "are you ready fo some football?"
vitokc is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
zbart9689
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7
Thumbs down Comparisons can get you into all kinds of trouble

Free speech ABSOlUTElY!! He compared Obama an American politician in a democratic society to a man responsible for attempting to destroy a race of people. let's step back for a moment and ponder that before beginning to provide some kind of meaningless excuse for his disgusting attempt at thought.
zbart9689 is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It's HANK WILLIAMS JR! He is a COUNTRY WESTERN SINGER! Who in the hell cares about his views on politics? Why did they have him on the show anyway? And people are SHOCKED that HW Jr said something outrageous? It's a Family Tradition.

If I were ESPN, I'd let it go, but they are free to do what they want, no First Amendment issue here. HW Jr needs to to stick to singing and writing, and leave the political analysis to those with brains, like Bill Maher and Michael Moore. Wait, that didn't work out. But you get my drift.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
Miss_Mya
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 23781
My ECCIE Reviews

I always think it is funny that anytime a "celebrity" gets canned form an endorsement deal or whatever from a company because they express their opinion they want cry foul on their first amendment right. When will they understand that if the company feels that they have done or said something that could embarrass them or cause them problems that they can take action and it is the right of the company to do so without any infringements on their first amendment rights. As some one else mentioned this is not the first time this has happened to a "celebrity" and I am sure it won't be the last.
Miss_Mya is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I don't hear HWJ moaning and bitching about anything. He made his statement and said no more.

Also HWJ didn't compare Barry with Hitler, he was making a comparison about two people meeting with diametrically opposing viewpoints. He could have easily said Rush Limbaugh and Rosie O'Donnell except they weren't meeting. Hitler just seems to be a go to guy for extreme comparisons.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I really wanted to see who thought HWJ was the one who decided to leave as opposed to ESPN letting him go. Hank says it was his decision, not ESPN. Had a friend who went to see him at Sandstone many years ago, and he said HWJ was so drunk, he fell off the stage. He's a mess as far as I'm concerned. His political views don't mean squat to me. Everytime someone uses the first amendment as an excuse to spew whatever crap they want to, just shows their ignorance.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
zbart9689
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

You are spoy on. HE is a drunk and has probably destroyed his career with one stupid statement. What an idiot!
zbart9689 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
Kshunter
Premium Access

Encounters: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
I really wanted to see who thought HWJ was the one who decided to leave as opposed to ESPN letting him go. Hank says it was his decision, not ESPN. Had a friend who went to see him at Sandstone many years ago, and he said HWJ was so drunk, he fell off the stage. He's a mess as far as I'm concerned. .
Actually, it came out a few weeks later that he had gone out with some friends of his on the Chiefs at the time - pretty sure Derrick Thomas was one of them - and they'd gotten him shitfaced. He came back and played a few months later and honored tickets from the first show.

That said, I don't look to celebrities for my politics. I doubt that Hank gives a fuck; he's got plenty of cash and his legacy is solid.
Kshunter is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

User ID: 72815
My ECCIE Reviews

THIS TENNESSEE GIRL..... LOVE HWJ...
SexyKaylen is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Hank why do you drink, why do you roll smoke ..........................
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #15
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

User ID: 72815
My ECCIE Reviews

to get drunk...to get hiiiiiiii.....lol
SexyKaylen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women