Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60012
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47611
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default Who do you think is the most underrated actress or actor?

I had the TV on and saw Oklahoma which got me thinking about Shirly Jones. You know, Mrs. Partridge. I remember seeing her in Elmer Gantry playing a prostitute and in the Music Man. Here is a woman who can play a virgin where no man has viewed that hallowed ground then she can turn around and play whore with such authenticity that she won an Oscar. In the Music Man she went from damaged virgin to wanton woman in less than 60 minutes. My number one nominee is:

Shirley Jones

For actor I have to nominate either Scott Glenn (Personal Best, Off Limits, Silence of the Lambs) or Willem Dafoe. The Right Stuff and Streets of Fire. If you like something more disturbing check out Dafoe in the Boondock Saints, Shadow of the Vampire, and Triumph of the Spirit. Which in turn makes me think of John Leguizamo (Moulin Rouge, To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar, and Sid the Sloth). So:

Scott Glenn
Willem Dafoe
John Leguizamo
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
The Sixth Beatle
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 42

On top of that, she was smoking hot in her younger days!
The Sixth Beatle is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
deacon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

i think the guy is from kc.. and he is one of the best ive seen..don cheadle?
deacon is online now   Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
deacon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cheadle
deacon is online now   Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Area Man
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

I can't say anyone who won an Oscar is underrated. I love Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman. They're both recognized as great actors, but they're more of an actor's actor as opposed to being popular with the general public.
Area Man is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Naomi Watts. She really impressed my in Mulholland Drive. Maybe she's not underrated, but I don't think she's won many awards that I'm aware of.

Chris Cooper is one of my favorites. He's from KC, but since he's won an Oscar, his abilities have been recognized.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

As Peter O'Toole once said in "My Favorite Year", playing an Errol Flynn-like character, "I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!" Many of the movie stars today couldn't act their way out of a paper bag (the Nicole Kidman reference). However, someone like Gary Sinise, Gary Oldman, Chris Cooper or Paul Giamatti - who can perform drama, action or comedy in a number of different guises or settings are who I consider good actors. Maybe not underrated, but very, very good.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I don't begrudge someone an award or two but some people like Tom Cruise get a lot of recognition while Don Cheadle is just that guy in that movie we saw last year. Boy, was he good if only I could remember his name.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 AM   #9
BobInKC
Valued Poster

My Favorite Year. What a great movie. Until this year, Melissa Leo was under the radar. She was great in Homicide. I think John Cryer(although he won an Emmy) is the same. I even liked him as Duckie. Even though he's famous I think Bill Murray doesn't get the credit he should as an actor.
BobInKC is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I don't begrudge someone an award or two but some people like Tom Cruise get a lot of recognition while Don Cheadle is just that guy in that movie we saw last year. Boy, was he good if only I could remember his name.
As a person, I don't like Tom Cruise, but as an actor, I have to give him some respect. He did a great job in Minority Report and his character Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder was a classic. Didn't even realize it was him until the credits. Then he turns out a piece of crap like Knight and Day.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
mojoworkin
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
As a person, I don't like Tom Cruise, but as an actor, I have to give him some respect. He did a great job in Minority Report and his character Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder was a classic. Didn't even realize it was him until the credits. Then he turns out a piece of crap like Knight and Day.
I see that Cruise is set to play Jack Reacher from the Lee Child novel One Shot. I'm not a Cruise fan, and he wouldn't be my choice for the role, but I can't wait to see the movie.

Not sure he's under rated, but I will watch anything that Billy Bob Thornton does. He's had a couple of clunkers, but overall I enjoy his work.
mojoworkin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women