Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-23-2017, 03:26 PM   #976
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
The NFL is a business and law says that the executive branch shouldn't interfere in the hiring/firing of private companies. Trump is kinda doing that.

Kaepernick is still an American and again you have the president who is all about jobs literally saying that a person shouldn't be able to work. I guarantee you if it was a coal miner who got on TV and said some racially insensitive things, he or many of the people attacking Kaepernick, they wouldn't be out there saying no one should hire that person again. But because Kaepernick was talented enough to go to the pros and gain a platform, he's reach is too big. But the sad thing is he's trying to use that platform shine light on the things that truly matter to a lot of Americans whose voices aren't being heard. And instead of listening to why he is kneeling and saying maybe we should face the plight that he's talking about and make it so that people won't have to protest the issues anymore, we ignore the issues and make it about the flag and the armed forces. Instead you call it un-American, when the protest is as American as it gets. This country was founded out of protest. But when a black guy is doing it for good reasons, it's un-American?

I'm glad you know the story of Kalief Browder but Kaepernick is actually out here trying to stop things like that and things like African Americans being killed. Oh and he is donating money and time to communities that need the help. He's actually doing what a person should do. He's using his platform, his time, energy and assets to combat a serious issue.

Kaepernick didn't give them the knee. He didn't take a knee against the flag or the military or any of those lies people say to attack him. He took a knee against the injustice facing African Americans in this country. And the knee came from him sitting and people trying to say he was disrespecting the military so he talked to an Army vet and they came up with the kneeling. Matter of fact there are photos of that vet next to him kneeling and that guy didn't seem to be too upset about it.

The criminal justice system is screwed but maybe you shouldn't be talking to Kaepernick about that. He's trying to shine light but if you go look at the laws proposed and supported by Trump's DOJ, the justice system won't be getting better anytime soon.

Oh and odd you are talking about a person being disrespectful to vets.. I thought maybe you were talking about Trump when he was very disrespectful to McCain. He never served and actively dodged services. Oh but you don't care about that.

I understand that some vets may not like that he is protesting but that's his right. And I could use that same instance of seeing something you dislike and having to deal with it for many issues facing the African American community but people don't seem to care about that.
BRAVO. There is no one posting in this forum who would understand as well as you.

I'm no fan of Kaepernick, and I disagree with many things he has said. But I respect his right to protest. I also empathize with the injustices he is bringing to light. If people of good conscience come together, things can eventually change. Sadly, this kind of positive change won't be happening in the present environment.

Urging and demanding our country a more fair, with equal opportunities for all, is about as American as can be. It's hard to fight the entrenched establishment this country. The good ol' boys club wants to keep things comfortably "their" way. It's a bit human nature, so I get it. It's certainly easier if you are white. I recognize I am lucky to have an easy path in life not afforded to many. But if I look outside myself, and truly try to put myself in the shoes of other people... that is when I most recognize the gross injustices some people suffer each day.
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #977
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Kaepernick's mistake... He should have been a better quarterback.

Somebody might have given a shit.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #978
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I respect his right to protest. I think the sad thing is he doesn't use it it to help his brothers and sisters in the black community where it really counts. I'm a huge Dallas Cowboy fan and I think that football players do a lot of good in our communities. And that is where it starts -- in the community.
What is going to happen is - fans won't buy tickets - revenue drops - owners freak out - and nothing gets changed. And that is really very sad.

If you really do care about the issues facing the black community, you should start with realizing that you aren't speaking facts and spreading falsehoods about a black man doing a lot of the black community. The thing is it's not sad because he is doing a lot for the community. He is using his platform to shine a light. He has donated over $750,000 to 24 different organizations. He has passed out suits to people outside of the parole office to help them look presentable for job interviews. He is going around the country to cities and speaking the those black communities you are talking about. That's why the black community is behind him and supportive. We know what he is doing. I really hope you can understand those facts now that you know them and stop with the lie that he isn't doing anything for us. He's doing a hell of a lot more than plenty of people.

As for the fans... Anyone linking drops in ticket sales to Kaepernick, they are using fuzzy data. Ticket sales have been going down for years. And Kaepernick isn't on a team so how does he effect tickets? Or is it because people just want their athletes to stick to sports? If so, tell your president to stick to politics. But maybe you should have told him to stick to TV before he even ran.. Or told Reagan to stick to movies. Or Jesse Ventura to stick to wrestling or told the doctors in Congress to stick to that or the vets to stick to the armed forces. Politics is part of life and this past election made it even more obvious. So yeah athletes are going to speak their mind because they are human and not machines for our entertainment. And those same fans screaming stick to sports are the same fans who like to Monday morning quarterback with sports, but if someone tells them stick to coal mining or told you don't talk about politics stick to sucking cock. We wouldn't like that.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #979
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
The NFL is a business and law says that the executive branch shouldn't interfere in the hiring/firing of private companies. Trump is kinda doing that...
No kidding, millsy? So the law says "the executive branch shouldn't interfere in the hiring/firing of private companies"?

I guess you've never heard of affirmative action or the EEOC.

Think before you post, pinhead!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #980
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Kaepernick's mistake... He should have been a better quarterback.

Somebody might have given a shit.
Kaepernick is better than Hoyer who starts for the 49ers. He is better than both QB's for the Jags. He is better than what they have in Cleveland. He is better than the abyss that is the Jets. Andy Dalton looks horrible, sure Kaepernick is better than him. If you want to say he's being black balled for kneeling. That's true and it's wrong. But don't try to go with the talent excuse. He's got more than most backups and at least 4 staters. So yeah.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #981
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

18 U.S. Code § 227

Who would have thunk it?

Also does anyone know that affirmative action is under Title VII in the Civil Rights Act. Something passed by Congress which makes it a law? Interesting stuff.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #982
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
As for the fans... Anyone contributing drops in ticket sales to Kaepernick, they are using fuzzy data.
And anyone attributing your constant errors in spelling, grammar and diction (e.g. your word choice above) to the fact that you spent all your time at UT on a hooker board would be spot-on!
Old 09-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #983
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
18 U.S. Code § 227

Who would have thunk it?

Also does anyone know that affirmative action is under Title VII in the Civil Rights Act. Something passed by Congress which makes it a law? Interesting stuff.
That's right, millsy. And the EEOC is a federal agency that enforces civil rights law. "Federal" means it's part of the executive branch. So yes, the executive branch is very much involved in the hiring/firing decisions of the private sector. Which makes your post false.

The code you just cited is narrowly intended to prevent abuse of government powers based on "partisan political affiliation", something you stupidly failed to mention. You can't tell a private business you will help them obtain a federal contract or other government favor - provided they only hire Democrats (or Republicans). That's not even close to what Trump did.

Respecting the national anthem isn't a partisan matter. But then, maybe you dimotards will be stupid enough to make it into something partisan... Tell Americans they should vote for the party that won't stand for our national anthem! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #984
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Well, I apologize as I do not intent do speak about issues that are false. And yes I do care about the black community. Actually, I care about all people. And I'm doing my little part by helping vets with their paper work as they fight their way thru the system. And to see them struggle while a millionaire takes a knee to the flag while they are having unbelievable hardships is hard to see.

Quote:
If you really do care about the issues facing the black community, you should start with realizing that you aren't speaking facts and spreading falsehoods about a black man doing a lot of the black community. The thing is it's not sad because he is doing a lot for the community. He is using his platform to shine a light. He has donated over $750,000 to 24 different organizations. He has passed out suits to people outside of the parole office to help them look presentable for job interviews. He is going around the country to cities and speaking the those black communities you are talking about. That's why the black community is behind him and supportive. We know what he is doing. I really hope you can understand those facts now that you know them and stop with the lie that he isn't doing anything for us. He's doing a hell of a lot more than plenty of people.

As for the fans... Anyone linking drops in ticket sales to Kaepernick, they are using fuzzy data. Ticket sales have been going down for years. And Kaepernick isn't on a team so how does he effect tickets? Or is it because people just want their athletes to stick to sports? If so, tell your president to stick to politics. But maybe you should have told him to stick to TV before he even ran.. Or told Reagan to stick to movies. Or Jesse Ventura to stick to wrestling or told the doctors in Congress to stick to that or the vets to stick to the armed forces. Politics is part of life and this past election made it even more obvious. So yeah athletes are going to speak their mind because they are human and not machines for our entertainment. And those same fans screaming stick to sports are the same fans who like to Monday morning quarterback with sports, but if someone tells them stick to coal mining or told you don't talk about politics stick to sucking cock. We wouldn't like that.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #985
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Oh by the way - the vet's that I help are not only white but also black. I'll help anyone regardless of color.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:03 PM   #986
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, I apologize as I do not intent do speak about issues that are false. And yes I do care about the black community. Actually, I care about all people. And I'm doing my little part by helping vets with their paper work as they fight their way thru the system. And to see them struggle while a millionaire takes a knee to the flag while they are having unbelievable hardships is hard to see.
Glad you big enough to admit you didn't know what he was doing.

The thing is it shouldn't matter that he is a millionaire. He is an American and that gives him the right to protest. It's not illegal to knee during the anthem. He made that money with his talent and it shouldn't be held against him. And there are a lot of things that are hard for me to see happening with social issues in this country. Again, Kaepernick isn't doing this to insult vets, so idk why we keep countering what he is doing with vets. Kaepernick is trying to shine a light. Just like you or I want the issues facing vets to be talked about. He was doing a peaceful protest. He's not even kneeling anymore and yet the conversation is still on kneeling and armed forces. Those people complaining aren't talking about the issues that he was fighting for. Even as they continue to happening. You can feel for the vets but why are you still linking Kaepernick to them? He never protested against them and he isn't kneeling anymore.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:04 PM   #987
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Oh by the way - the vet's that I help are not only white but also black. I'll help anyone regardless of color.
Wasn't going to bring up what color they are. Didn't think it mattered when talking about vets.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #988
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Federal Judicial Center = agency in the executive branch
Court of Federal Claims = courts in the executive branch
federal judges = judges in the executive branch

Duh obviously we call those things that because federal means executive branch. You learn something new everyday. And here I thought they were federal because it's called the Federal government of the United States. And all three co-equal branches are federal.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #989
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

You're right --it doesn't matter what color-- the only thing that matters is that they get the care and respect that they deserve.

Quote:
Wasn't going to bring up what color they are. Didn't think it mattered when talking about vets.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:51 AM   #990
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Kaepernick is better than Hoyer who starts for the 49ers. He is better than both QB's for the Jags. He is better than what they have in Cleveland. He is better than the abyss that is the Jets. Andy Dalton looks horrible, sure Kaepernick is better than him. If you want to say he's being black balled for kneeling. That's true and it's wrong. But don't try to go with the talent excuse. He's got more than most backups and at least 4 staters. So yeah.
You're right. He only has himself to blame. Pity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gent-in-march/

I've always been a firm believer in the Tarzan theory myself... Don't let go of one vine until you have a hold on another.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women