Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160372
Yssup Rider59878
gman4452895
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47462
pyramider46370
bambino40293
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35233
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #16
maxieryan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 64
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk Rasputin View Post
Perhaps this would be more to your liking...

Monk
OMG!!! I think I pissed myself just now!!!!! I needed something truly enjoyable for the week I'm having. Thank you.
maxieryan is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

User ID: 3105
My ECCIE Reviews

I love the African Peanut Soup at Austin Java.

This Maui Black Bean Soup recipe is another one of my favorites - and it's healthy.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 ribs celery, trimmed and coarsely chopped
  • 1 fat carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 1 small purple onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1 red pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
  • 1 green pepper, seeder, deveined and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or passed through a garlic press
  • 1 t dried cumin
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 1 t dried basil
  • 1 t chili powder
  • 4 C low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
  • (2) 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • (1) 15 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 C fresh corn kernels
  • sea salt and fresh ground pepper
PREPARATION:
  • In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, onion, and bell peppers. Saute until onion becomes translucent (about 8 minutes). Add garlic and spices. Cook another 2 minutes.
  • Add stock (or cooking liquid of your choice), beans and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
  • Using a hand-held blender, puree soup to desired consistency. Add corn and simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
I love this soup garnished with shavings of parmesan-reggiano cheese, and served with a thick slices of toasted sprouted grain bread. For an even heartier soup, add pulled strips of skinless rotisserie chicken breast during cooking.
Natalie Reign is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #18
NaughtyButNice
Account Disabled

If you live in Austin and you love soup you should own The Soup Peddler's Slow & Difficult Soups

NaughtyButNice is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
Guest120311-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 2747
My ECCIE Reviews

Anyone know how to make "Hot and Sour" soup usually found in Asian restaurants?
Guest120311-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshelf Tess View Post
Anyone know how to make "Hot and Sour" soup usually found in Asian restaurants?
teaspoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon Thai red curry paste
3 14-ounce cans chicken broth
teaspoon finely grated orange peel
tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1# uncooked deveined peeled chopped shrimp
1/4# shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced thin
1/2# Napa cabbage, cut crosswise into thin slices (about 4 cups)
1/4 cup orange juice
Chopped fresh cilantro
Chopped fresh green onions

Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and stir until beginning to stick to pan, about 4 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, orange peel and ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp and mushrooms. Cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes. Add cabbage; cook until beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds. Stir in orange juice, chopped cilantro and green onions.

Who loves ya, babe?
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Guest120311-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 2747
My ECCIE Reviews

Yum!
Thanks 78704!
Your the man!
Tess
Guest120311-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
maxieryan
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

My recent favorite is the Chinese Seafood Soup at Pao's in Lakeway and the Wonton soup at PFChang's (pretentious hole but I love it!).

Keep them coming, I lOVE IT!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #23
Grecco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

One of my favorite soups is a colombian soup called Ajiaco. I'm including a recipe I found online for it that is pretty close to the one I make. If you don't want to spend the time cooking it (it takes a REALLY LOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME to cook!), you can get a pretty decent one at this place called Casa Colombia on East 7th.

AJIACO BOGOTANO
Equipment

12 to 16 quart stock pot
potato peeler
Ingredients

3 pounds (~1.3 kilos) chicken breast, on the bone with skin (or 1 whole chicken, cut into parts)
6 quarts (~6 liters) water
3 pounds (~1.3 kilos) russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
6 pounds (~2.7 kilos) new red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
3 pounds (~1.3 kilos) papas criollas (in the U.S. use Dutch Creamer, Baby Dutch Yellow, Yukon Gold, or Yellow Finn potatoes), cut into 1-inch chunks
4 ears corn on the cob (fresh or frozen), cut into 3-inch pieces
2 handfuls of quascas (about 5 g dried or 10 g fresh)
SERVE WITH
cilantro leaves
Crema Mexicana (or regular heavy cream if you can’t find the other)
capers
avocados, sliced
cooked rice
Preparation

1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a large stock pot, sprinkle with a handful of guascas, and add water. Bring to a boil and cook until the meat is tender. Remove chicken and set aside. Cover with foil and keep warm.
2. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for at least a couple hours, 4 hours is best. The yellow potatoes should start to break up in the soup, but if not, you can help the soup along by mashing some of the yellow potatoes in the pot.
3. Once the cooked chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and bones. Cut the meat into small pieces and drop them back into the pot.
4. About 5 minutes before serving, add the remaining guascas and let it cook for 5 minutes, then serve.
5. Serve in deep bowls, making sure that each bowl gets some chicken and a piece of corn on the cob. Garnish with a dollop of heavy cream, capers, and cilantro leaves. You can eat the avocado on the side with the rice, or you can cut a slice into pieces and drop into your soup bowl.

Enjoy. Another one i love is green plantain soup. I'll see if I can get around to writing down the recipe for y'all.
Grecco is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #24
menudo13
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

My favorite soup is menudo. If you want to try to eat it, I will love to go to eat with you anytime!

Menudo soup is a spicy traditional Mexican soup. The best authentic menudo recipes have been handed down for generations - from grandmother to mother to daughter.
The Sonora Menudo recipe is as authentic as you can get ... it originally came from an old lady in the mountains of Mexico.

If you're in a hurry (or don't have patience) you can use my Easy Menudo Recipe.

Menudo has been called "Breakfast of Champions", and there is no better cure for a hangover.
Menudo Recipes

Menudo Sonora - This is the deluxe Menudo recipe.* It takes longer to prepare and has more ingredients, but the delicious, authentic taste can't be beat.

Easy Menudo Recipe

Bolillos

The Whole Enchilada, free monthly E-zine

Menudo Sonora

The magic secret of this menudo recipe is that you cook each of the following separately, and combine and cook them together just before serving.

Tripe
Posole (Corn)
Red Chile Sauce
This keeps the flavors clean and separate, and the textures distinct. The tripe takes the longest to cook, so you should start with it.

Tripe

Ingredients - Tripe
3 * kg tripe* (6 lbs)
1 * * calf's foot (or 2 pig's feet)
1/2
head
garlic, peeled and crushed (not pressed)
4 or 5
small hot red chiles (to taste)
medium
onions, sliced
bay leaves
tsp
salt
tsp
black peppercorns, crushed
Tbsp
dry Mexican oregano
tsp
comino seed, crushed
*Directions - Tripe

Wash the tripe thoroughly, trim off most of the fat, and cut it into one-inch squares. Drop tripe into a pot of boiling water, simmer for 2 - 3 minutes and drain. Place back into pot, and add one calf foot, or two pigs feet, cut up a bit.

Cover well with water, and add remaining ingredients. Cook over very low heat for several hours until very tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Wash tripe. Remove bones from feet, or can leave feet whole until served.

Return feet and tripe to liquid, cool and reserve. This will keep several days in the refrigerator and freezes fairly well.

Posole
(White Corn / Hominy)

Next step ... While the menudo is cooking, prepare the posole (white corn or hominy). You have three options:

Traditional - You were thinking ahead (about 2 days ago) and started with a dried, white corn. You soaked the corn in lime water, rubbed the skins off, and washed it thoroughly. This is exactly how they do it in Mexico.

This way requires lots of hard work ... but will give you the most authentic tasting menudo you can make.

Frozen posole corn - This is much easier and still gives you a good tasting menudo.

Canned hominy - This will work if you can't find either dried corn or frozen posole.

Ingredients - Posole

cups

dried white corn,
prepared by the Traditional method

***** or

lbs

frozen posole corn

***** or

gal

canned hominy

* * * plus
1/2 * head garlic, slightly smashed
Directions - Posole

Wash the corn thoroughly and drain. Place corn in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to simmer and add a half head of garlic, smashed slightly. Simmer gently until tender.

Drain all liquid from the posole. Quickly cool and refrigerate it if you are not going to finish the Menudo immediately.

Note: *Warm posole corn ferments quickly, and should be kept either very hot or very cold until cooked in with the menudo. It will keep 3-4 days in the refrigerator, but freezes poorly.

Red Chile Sauce

Ingredients - Red Chile Sauce
1/2 * lb dried red chile, whole
cloves
garlic, minced
pinch
cumin seed
Tbsp
vinegar
tsp
Mexican oregano
pinch
salt
tsp
sugar
Directions - Red Chile Sauce*

First roast the red chiles. Put the whole dried chiles on a hot dry griddle or frying pan and toss around a bit until they just barely begin to change color. Do this carefully, the chiles will scorch easily.

Remove chiles, place in a paper bag, and let cool. Remove stems and most of the seeds. Place in a pan, cover with boiling water and let steep 15-20 minutes. Run through a food mill or a food processor, discard skins.

Return chile mixture to pan and add garlic, cumin seed, vinegar, oregano, salt, and sugar to the chile pulp.

Simmer over low heat for a 3 -4 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. This classic Mexican Red Chile sauce is great with everything, not just menudo.

Note:* If you have any serious Chile Heads (like me) in your house, you may want to make more chile sauce.* The amount here should be enough for most folks.

Put It All Together

You're almost done.* Now all you have to do is put all the parts together.

Ingredients - Final Step
cups
Menudo tripe
cups
Menudo juice
cups
Posole Corn, drained
1 to 2
cups
Red Chile Sauce (to taste)
1 to 4 * cups water (for preferred amount of juice)
cloves
garlic, chopped finely
Tbsp
vinegar
Tbsp
Mexican oregano
tsp
cumin seed
black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
dash of salt
Directions - Final Step
Place the menudo tripe, menudo juice, corn, and chile sauce in a dutch oven or heavy saucepan, and add water until you have desired amount of juice.* This can vary depending on your personal preference.* Some people like their Menudo thicker than others.
Bring to a simmer over low heat and add garlic, vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the Menudo is warmed through.

Ladle into bowls and serve with hot corn tortillas. Have some lime slices, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped onion, salt, hot chile peppers, and extra Red Chile Sauce available as condiments.

Easy Menudo

This recipe was originally published in my free monthly e-Zine, The Whole Enchilada.* Subscribe now for lots more mouth-watering recipes and free access to the complete archives.*

Ingredients

lbs

beef tripe

lbs

hominy, frozen

lbs

pigs feet, quartered

large

onion, diced

bunch

green onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, plus more chopped small for garnish

bunch

cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish

Tbsp

fresh oregano leaves

Tbsp

black pepper, freshly ground

Tbsp

red pepper flakes

head

garlic

Tbsp

salt

pequin chiles, minced (for garnish)

Lemon wedges, (for garnish)

bolillos, toasted
Directions

Wash tripe thoroughly. Remove the excess fat from the tripe and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Rinse the hominy well in a colander under running water. Wash the pigs feet well also.

Combine all ingredients, except for garnishes, in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer slowly until hominy opens and is cooked.

Do not overcook.

Skim the excess fat from the surface. It is best if you can refrigerate the Menudo in order to remove all of the grease.

Ladle into bowls, and garnish with additional fresh cilantro, chopped green onions, minced pequin chiles, and lemon wedges. Serve with toasted bolillos (a Mexican bread made with corn flour, see below).

Bolillos (Mexican Hard Rolls)

Makes 3 dozen rolls
Ingredients
package
active dry yeast
tsp
granulated sugar
1-3/4
cups
warm water
tsp
salt
cups
all-purpose flour, sifted
Directions
Stir yeast and sugar together in a large bowl; stir in warm water. Add salt, then beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour a tiny bit at a time after the first 4 cups, just until the dough becomes too stiff to stir.

Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead 8 to 10 minutes, or until smooth and satiny. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease the top of the dough, then cover with a sheet of wax paper and a towel. Let rise in a warm place free of drafts about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.

When dough has doubled, punch it down and allow to double again.

Cut dough into 36 equal pieces. Shape into football-like rolls, twisting each end. They should be rather flat with twisted ends. Lay rolls about 2 inches apart on a lightly floured baking sheet.

After shaping the rolls, slash the tops with a sharp knife or scissors. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.*

When nearly doubled, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly oil the tops of the rolls with a pastry brush. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned
menudo13 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #25
maxieryan
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks so much for the recipes!!!! I think that is the LONGEST post I have ever seen!!! LOL. Please keep them coming! It's only getting colder!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #26
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

I really enjoy the Tortilla soup from Baby A's, the rest of the menu is blah except for the purple ritas!

For menudo, I love Joe's Bakery! Give it a try you wont be disappointed!

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
knotty man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

man! i was raised on menudo. any sunday that starts out with menudo is gonna be a great day
knotty man is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #28
lewboy
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

Always loved the soup Nazi on Seinfeld! Mulligatawny is great
lewboy is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #29
maxieryan
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Come on guys, I think ya'll are sandbaggin on me. We have to have more creative recipes out there for me to try. I know the jokes are on the way.......!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #30
Rand Al'Thor

Encounters: 3

Not a soup in the strict sense, but a cold weather treat and especially good if you're sick. Chicken porridge:

Whole chicken or quartered, cleaned.

Put chicken in pot with about 3 table spoons of minced or finely chopped garlic. Cover with water and bring to boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Take chicken out and let it cool some. Throw in a couple of cups of rice into the broth while simmering. Once the chicken is cooled, pick meat off in small strips. Let the rice and broth simmer for about 30 minutes, then put the chicken meat back in. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring back to boil, then serve.

Ox tail soup:

take 4 lbs of ox tail, let it sit in cold water for an hour or two, drain and wash in cold water.

Fill pot with about 2 quarts of water, 3 table spoons of minced or chopped garlic, couple of thin slices of ginger, and the ox tail. Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 4 hours. Skim brown foam from top as it shows up. The broth will turn milky white and the meat will start falling off the bones.

Fish out ginger slices. You can optionally let the soup cool, then skim off the fat layer that forms on top and heat up again. Pour over steamed rice and garnish with chopped green onions. Salt and pepper to taste (good kosher salt works well).

Sorry, I usually do this by rote and did not have it written down.

If you want to venture out and are in South Austin, hunt down a trailer called Little Thai Food on South 1st St. They're open from 11-9 everyday. Couple of ladies in there that barely speak English. Their Thai curry dishes are excellent. Just bundle up and eat at the trailer park when the weather's cold.
Rand Al'Thor is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women