Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160372
Yssup Rider59878
gman4452895
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47462
pyramider46370
bambino40293
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35233
Mojojo33117

Old 06-18-2021, 06:44 AM   #16
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
It could simply be a coincidence but I doubt it. Seems that better than 9 of 10 of these types of incidents occur in cities controlled by democrats. Republicans are certainly not perfect but you can't ignore that fact. Portland anyone? Geesh
How many large cities are controlled by Republicans? I do not know the answer but I believe the answer to that question is "few". If the citizens of the Democratic cities feel that the leadership is failing them, vote them out. Here are the mayors of the 100 largest cities in the U.S. I doubt the crime rate in Republican-led cities differs from the crime rate in Democratic-led cities.

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_affili...largest_cities

What happened in Austin is tragic but it could have occurred in any city or town in this country. There are many police present on 6th street at that time of night on a weekend but they can't be everywhere.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #17
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

illustrates the point though that people are responsible for their own safety, and they shouldn't expect that someone will save them.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:54 AM   #18
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonGlock View Post
illustrates the point though that people are responsible for their own safety, and they shouldn't expect that someone will save them.
I don't disagree with that statement but I have never owned a gun of any type and doubtful I ever will. And I have never felt unsafe at any time in my life. I was on 2nd street in Austin last Saturday night, one day after the shootings. No problem.

But I will never say you are wrong to do what you think is necessary to protect your life.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:55 AM   #19
oldphone14
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
Hint, the bigger the population, the more crime. That's called common sense
Why is Tokyo crime free relatively? Or Stockholm?
oldphone14 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:28 AM   #20
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Why is Austin the Wild West?
Maybe, because they are on the fringe of the West?
Now, down 35 in my town, that was the Wild West.
Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid taking up residence here.
And the shooting of Judges. One on the court house steps by a guy on horseback and another while leaving his home in the not too distant past.

We earned the moniker.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:57 PM   #21
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Why is Austin the Wild West?
Maybe, because they are on the fringe of the West?
Now, down 35 in my town, that was the Wild West.
Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid taking up residence here.
And the shooting of Judges. One on the court house steps by a guy on horseback and another while leaving his home in the not too distant past.

We earned the moniker.
Oh PB! All sa has to offer is a muddy little creek that runs thru downtown.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:21 PM   #22
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Oh PB! All sa has to offer is a muddy little creek that runs thru downtown.
Why you think we did all that shooting?
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:20 PM   #23
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Its sad to see Austin turn into a violent toilet.

When I lived there I was free to park my car on Colorado street and meet my friends at the Boat House/Goat house and go back and forth to Halls till we found an after hour party.

It was even safe to go meet friends at the Crossing and walk all over 6th street {Paradise Cafe}.

What does Zilker park look like now? I stayed in the Domain area not long ago and right after it looks like down town Houston with all the homeless people with their tents.

It's a liberal city and it is what it is. So sad.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:29 AM   #24
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. View Post

When I lived there I was free to park my car on Colorado street and meet my friends at the Boat House/Goat house and go back and forth to Halls till we found an after hour party.

It was even safe to go meet friends at the Crossing and walk all over 6th street {Paradise Cafe}.

What does Zilker park look like now? I stayed in the Domain area not long ago and right after it looks like down town Houston with all the homeless people with their tents.

For the most part the tents are gone. Where these people went I do not know but they are no longer where they used to be.

Unfortunately the number of homicides in the city have skyrocketed over past years for whatever reasons. When you look at where and when the majority of the homicides took place this year, central Austin is rather safe. Most of the homicides occured around the North Lamar and Riverside Drive areas and most occured early in the morning, 12-3 am.

I will be in the central Austin area on Friday night. Certainly not as safe as Cedar Park but I am not worried.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:39 AM   #25
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Sanctuary cities will have these high crime rates. Especially when Police budgets have been cut.

The areas listed do have the highest crime rates and have the biggest illegal immigrant population.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #26
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Sanctuary cities will have these high crime rates. Especially when Police budgets have been cut.

The areas listed do have the highest crime rates and have the biggest illegal immigrant population.
Really? Austin is not a sanctuary city. They were banned in Texas back in 2018.

Court upholds majority of ‘sanctuary cities’ law

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that Senate Bill 4 can remain in effect for the time being. Tuesday’s decision will allow the so-called “sanctuary cities” law to take effect while the case against it plays out.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

Also, in August a budget was passed with a record high $442 million allotted to Austin police.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:36 AM   #27
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphone14 View Post
Why is Tokyo crime free relatively? Or Stockholm?
Are you comparing Tokyo to an American city? If so that would be comparing apples to oranges.

But for starters Japan has very strict gun laws, hand guns are not allowed period. Less guns on the streets equals less crime. Japan also has one of the highest conviction rates in the world, which tells me that there are innocent people probably doing time let alone those who did break the law. What is Tokyo's crime rate compared to other smaller cities in Japan?
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #28
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. View Post

"a violent toilet"? And what exactly are you basing this assertion from?

Yeah, and you would still be free to do so if you still lived here.

Yeah, And it is still safe to walk around on 6th street and vicinity. People do it everyday and never have any issues

Zilker Park is still Zilker Park, in fact they're even fixing it up and making it better. Zilker is one of my favorite disc golf courses to play.

The homeless tents are gone, thanks to those of us who voted for prop B

That's right Austin is proudly a liberal city, and what we are and have been the past three decades is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. I wonder why that is??

I don't know what kind of conservative fairytales you've been reading and believing but Austin is not what you are trying to make it sound like.

conservative areas are almost always nothing but PWT shitholes. They just did a survey on the worst states to live in and 8 out of the top 10 were red states, gee I wonder why.

Conservative areas are nothing but economically depressed havens for m*** manufacturers.

Yeah, I'll take Austin over a deep red trailer park any day.
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:39 AM   #29
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
That's right Austin is proudly a liberal city, and what we are and have been the past three decades is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. I wonder why that is??

I don't know what kind of conservative fairytales you've been reading and believing but Austin is not what you are trying to make it sound like.

conservative areas are almost always nothing but PWT shitholes. They just did a survey on the worst states to live in and 8 out of the top 10 were red states, gee I wonder why.

Conservative areas are nothing but economically depressed havens for m*** manufacturers.

Yeah, I'll take Austin over a deep red trailer park any day.
What are you gonna do throw your pronouns at me?
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #30
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default The Oracle ponders deeply, yet briefly

The Oracle has pondered your question deeply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelina View Post
Just Wondering Why Austin is the Wild West? ...
The Oracle does not know the answer to all questions all the time, but The Oracle always knows where to look for answers.

In this case; try MugShots(.)com
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women