Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70399
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59881
gman4452901
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47485
pyramider46370
bambino40299
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35264
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
Yes, but my point was the Capitan was wanting to replace Romo with a fictitious movie character, who choked big time in arguably his biggest game. And I was joking that while we are at it, let's just add "Rudy", another movie character, to the team also.

If a person is going to argue that Romo should be replaced, then at least suggest a real life replacement that can help the team.
Tom Brady??? I wish
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #17
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Yes, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would be great. But outside of those 2, I am not sure that I would want to replace Romo with anybody else. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I think Romo has a real chance to take the Cowboys all the way to a Super Bowl win. I doubt it will happen this year. It might take a few years to get all the supporting team members together. And I realize, it might never happen with Romo either. But let's have some faith. Like it or not, Romo is our quarterback at least for the next few years.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #18
dcarr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Niceguy is right, we have to go with what we have for now. Lets just have fun this season and hopefully win more than we lose.
dcarr is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18308
My ECCIE Reviews

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Ok so do any of you guys sell #'s or know anyone who sells #'s for the games? Please let me know. Thanks!

Discount on a 1 hr session if u can find someone that sells #'s for the games or if u sell them yourself u get a discount on a 1 hr session.

BESITOS!

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

I LOVE MY COWBOYS!!!
Majestycctx is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
sharkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Tom Brady and Manning are the only two you'd take over Romo? Wow, what about Rivers, Brees, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Vick, Freeman, Favre(lol) etc... Romo wouldn't make it into my top 12 QB's at best. He choked so bad Parcell's retired for good.
sharkey is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #21
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

You are entitled to your own opinion. I might consider Brees and Rodgers over Romo. They are both very good quarterbacks. Most of the others I would not touch, for various reasons. Your statement that Romo choked so bad that Parcells retired is total BS. There were other plays in that game, besides Romo fumbling the hold on the field goal attempt, that cost the Cowboys the game. Like for example when Terry Glenn fumbled Romo's pass and it cost the Cowboys a safety (2 points). The Cowboys then were forced to kick from their own 20 yard line and Seattle drove the length of the field and scored again. That one play cost the Cowboys 9 points. You also fail to mention that after Romo replaced Bledsoe as quarterback in 2006, the Cowboys won 5 out of the last 6 games in the regular season. The Cowboys would not have made the playoffs that year without Tony Romo.

Are there other quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than Tony Romo? Of course there are. But Romo is our quarterback for now, like it or not.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #22
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
You are entitled to your own opinion. I might consider Brees and Rodgers over Romo. They are both very good quarterbacks. Most of the others I would not touch, for various reasons. Your statement that Romo choked so bad that Parcells retired is total BS. There were other plays in that game, besides Romo fumbling the hold on the field goal attempt, that cost the Cowboys the game. Like for example when Terry Glenn fumbled Romo's pass and it cost the Cowboys a safety (2 points). The Cowboys then were forced to kick from their own 20 yard line and Seattle drove the length of the field and scored again. That one play cost the Cowboys 9 points. You also fail to mention that after Romo replaced Bledsoe as quarterback in 2006, the Cowboys won 5 out of the last 6 games in the regular season. The Cowboys would not have made the playoffs that year without Tony Romo.

Are there other quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than Tony Romo? Of course there are. But Romo is our quarterback for now, like it or not.
all in favor for BRET FAVRE, SAY I!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #23
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

If Romo could take them to the Super Bowl I would be impressed and I would take back everything I have said that he isn't the man. I couldn't do the job and yes he is a better QB than many out there. With the ClusterF*ck they have in Dallas I don't think Brady or Peyton could make it happen either.

Until you get Mr. Ego out of the picture completely the Cowboys will be the owner of 5 Lombardi trophies and one hell of a nice stadium, nada mas.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #24
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Capitan, you are right about the reason Dallas has not been to the Super Bowl in over 15 years. The problem is Jerry Jones being both the Owner and the General Manager. Jerry Jones needs to hire a knowledgeable football person to run and make the personnel decisions for the Dallas Cowboys. But he will never do this. It is not in his DNA to do so.

When he hired Parcells in 2003, he gave Parcells the authority to make the personnel decisions. But unfortunately, old Jerry could not restrain himself for very long. Jerry Jones was the one who signed and brought in Terrell Owens in 2006. Parcells did not want Owens on the team. I still remember seeing Owens on the sidelines during the 2006 season arguing with his position coach, Todd Haley. If you looked at Parcells closely, you could tell he was not a happy camper. I was not surprised when Parcells did not return the next season and went on to Miami to run the football operations there.

Jerry Jones appears to have given Jason Garrett some say over the personnel decisions in Dallas. Just how much say and for how long, remains to be seen. I doubt it will be for very long and I doubt Garrett will ever have real control over the personnel decisions. I hope I am wrong here, for the sake of the Cowboys. But it is just not in Jerry Jones's makeup, for him to relinquish this authority.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #25
sharkey
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are entitled to your own opinion. I might consider Brees and Rodgers over Romo.
Might? That's crack crazy talk there.

Quote:
They are both very good quarterbacks. Most of the others I would not touch, for various reasons. Your statement that Romo choked so bad that Parcells retired is total BS. There were other plays in that game, besides Romo fumbling the hold on the field goal attempt, that cost the Cowboys the game. Like for example when Terry Glenn fumbled Romo's pass and it cost the Cowboys a safety (2 points). The Cowboys then were forced to kick from their own 20 yard line and Seattle drove the length of the field and scored again.
Do you believe Parcells would have retired if Romo doesn't choke on the hold and the kick would have been good to win the playoff game? I say he stays and with another year of Parcells drafting we'd have much better talent than now.

Quote:
You also fail to mention that after Romo replaced Bledsoe as quarterback in 2006, the Cowboys won 5 out of the last 6 games in the regular season. The Cowboys would not have made the playoffs that year without Tony Romo.
And John Kitna replaced Romo after he went 1-6 last year to finish the season at 6-10. Or did you forget that? lol. I've tried to like Romo but everytime I see him pouting on the sidelines I want to b**** slap him.

Quote:
This I'll agree with but I don't have to like it. I knew once Romo started dating Jessica Simpson that Jones will never get rid of him. He wants stars on his team whether they can play or not because they sell tickets. I'll wait and see how Romo does with Garrett as head coach before I write him completely off though. If Kitna can go 5-4 at almost 40 years old surely Romo can do better in his prime.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #26
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Yes, I said I might consider a quarterback like Brees or Rodgers over Romo. What would it take to bring either one of those players to Dallas? Would you be willing to give up one of our players like Ware or Ratliff plus a 1st round draft pick? I am not sure I would, which is why I said I might consider one of these players.

And Yes, I think Parcells would have retired anyway, even if Dallas had won that playoff game. I think Parcells was growing increasingly tired of the situation in Dallas . See my post above.

Yes, Romo did go 1-6 last year before he was injured. But that was under Coach Cupcake. When Garrett took over, the team responded positively. Kitna did a nice job filling in for Romo but the real reason for the improved play from the Cowboys was the change in the Head Coach.

Look, I know I struck a nerve when I said your statement, that Romo choked so bad that Parcells retired for good, was total BS. I should have worded it differently. But that statement has so many holes in it, I had to challenge it. Parcells did not retire for good. He went on to run the football operations for the Dolphins the next year.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #27
sharkey
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes, I said I might consider a quarterback like Brees or Rodgers over Romo. What would it take to bring either one of those players to Dallas? Would you be willing to give up one of our players like Ware or Ratliff plus a 1st round draft pick? I am not sure I would, which is why I said I might consider one of these players.

And Yes, I think Parcells would have retired anyway, even if Dallas had won that playoff game. I think Parcells was growing increasingly tired of the situation in Dallas . See my post above.

Yes, Romo did go 1-6 last year before he was injured. But that was under Coach Cupcake. When Garrett took over, the team responded positively. Kitna did a nice job filling in for Romo but the real reason for the improved play from the Cowboys was the change in the Head Coach.

Look, I know I struck a nerve when I said your statement, that Romo choked so bad that Parcells retired for good, was total BS. I should have worded it differently. But that statement has so many holes in it, I had to challenge it. Parcells did not retire for good. He went on to run the football operations for the Dolphins the next year.
I'm not mad at ya, I enjoy arguing about football every year. Some of my good friends think Romo is the next Montana. I know Dallas has no chance of getting Brees or Rodgers, I was just saying they are better QB's than Romo and IMO it's not close. With a really good O-Line I think Romo can tear a defense apart but so can alot of other good QB's. He can make some great plays scrambling also. Hopefully Garrett can get the best out of him.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #28
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

I'D LIKE TO SEE HOW LONG JASON GARRETT STICKS AROUND. SO FAR SO GOOD I GUESS. HOPEFULLY JERRY JONES DON'T FIRE HIM EITHER.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #29
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
I'm not mad at ya, I enjoy arguing about football every year. Some of my good friends think Romo is the next Montana. I know Dallas has no chance of getting Brees or Rodgers, I was just saying they are better QB's than Romo and IMO it's not close. With a really good O-Line I think Romo can tear a defense apart but so can alot of other good QB's. He can make some great plays scrambling also. Hopefully Garrett can get the best out of him.
Ok, that's good to know! I thought maybe I got under your skin a little bit with the total BS comment. Romo is no Joe Montana. And I agree with you that both Brees and Rodgers are better quarterbacks than Romo. They both have Super Bowl rings and Romo does not (at least not yet LOL). But I think the Cowboys can win with Romo if the offensive line can give him more time to get the ball downfield. This will also open up the running game. On defense the Cowboys have some big holes to fill. Hopefully Ryan will fix the defensive problems. I also think it is time for the Cowboys to draft a good quarterback to groom to be Romo's replacement in a few years.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #30
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

Quote:
Romo is no Joe Montana.
Maybe Hanna Montana.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies