Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 06-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Encounters: 72
Default Perpetual Weight Loss Thread

I think that many of us have an interest in this topic and that a discussion thread would be useful for 'accountabililty' posts as well as tips and techniques, covering both diet and exercise as it pertains to weight loss.

There are lots of different methods out there. I'm hopeful we can be respectful of each other and not get into 'holy wars' about which way is best. The way that is best is the way that lets each one of us lose fat and keep it off. Of course civilized debate and disagreement is fine, and keeping open minds may lead us to methods that work better for us than the ones we have been using.

I just finished reading the book "The Obesity Code" by Dr. Jason Fung, and it's without question the best thing I've ever read about weight loss. I think it makes a strong case for there being other things at play in weight regulation than simply "burn less calories than you consume". There is a big difference in metabolic response (mainly insulin release) between, say, consuming 100 calories of broccoli and 100 calories of Skittles. The book says that too many calories in is the proximate cause of obesity but not the ultimate cause, which has to do with insulin regulation. So, you can definitely reduce weight by addressing the proximate cause (consume fewer calories) but the reason so many people can't keep weight off that they lose is because they are treating the proximate / apparent cause rather than the underlying disorder.

The book is a little "scienc-y" at the beginning and may bore some people but I found it fascinating because it sets the stage for what to do by explaining why it needs to be done. It also is not itself a diet, but a recommendation to change eating patterns (when/how you eat) to get the most metabolic benefit you can. It can be paired with various food plans.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
Guest110920
Account Disabled

So here's my first accountability post. I figure I need to lose 70 pounds. If I did that I'd be at the high end of what I'd consider an acceptable weight for my height. That would still have me in a BMI range of Overweight but not Obese. In any case it would be a drastic improvement.

The method I'm following is:

• An Intermittent Fasting Eating Pattern - a bit much to explain here but a good overview is at http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-...ittent-fasting. It's probably not fasting in the way you'd envision it. I'm using the "LeanGains" 16:8 method meaning a daily 8 hour feeding period and 16 hour fasting period. This seems to be the least extreme of the recommended intermittent fasting methods.
  • A Ketogenic Food Plan - generally less than 20g carbs daily and what carbs are eaten come from vegetables and nuts.
  • HIT (High Intensity Training) Exercise Plan - short bursts of high intensity exercise followed by minimal rest between sets. Weights focusing on large muscle groups: squats, presses, rows, etc. Staring out with as 8 sets of as many reps as can be done in 20 seconds with a 10 second rest period between sets. Also some cardio work in a similar vein - short burts - short rest - short burst, etc. Typically I will do this within the fasting cycle, which challenges conventional wisdom about eating before a workout for energy, but there seems to be some logic in making your body need more energy during a time when glycogen stores are depleted and stored fat needs to be used for energy instead (which it can't be, directly, but if needed can be converted to glucose which is then converted to glycogen for the body to use).
  • Complete avoidance of wheat / grains - This isn't about gluten, exactly, not in the sense that a celiac sufferer would need to avoid it. There is a protein in wheat called giladin that is problematic for weight loss in that it breaks down into peptides that can cross the blood-brain barrier and stimulate appetite. More info at https://wheatbelly.com/. In any case, whether Dr. Davis (the Wheat Belly author) is correct or not, grains are high in carbohydrates and so not compatible with a ketogenic food plan.
I've been doing it for about a week with great results but of course the true test is how it does longer term, and most diets have good short term results, so I'm not even going to post results so far. My results update will be in a month. In the intervening time I'll be going on vacation, which is can be devastating to any weight loss plan, but I hope to at least maintain during that week even if I don't lose any fat during it.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
Vannah
Sexy Cat Lady

User ID: 294704
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I've found that I really benefit from making green smoothies in my Nutribullet and drinking one gives me tremendous energy. My favorite one has a spinach/kale mixture, 2 freshly picked peaches, a whole banana, frozen mango chunks and almond milk. To be honest, the fruit really covers up the taste of the green stuff.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
Sweet Casey
Account Disabled

User ID: 227670
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm going to order this book if it's on Amazon RIGHT NOW. I have lost a great deal of weight since September. No specific plan just couldn't eat regularly that started it and then just ate healthy. I'm planning on having some work done in September and need to lose about 35 more to reach my goal. The first 70+ pounds weren't problem. However this last bit is killing me. I work out, run, swim, have insurmountable amounts of high impact sex lol and it's taking its time coming off. I REFUSE to take diet pills. So I so appreciate you jumping out there Spanky and sharing this information. I've seen something similar to this being advertised on TV. Keep me posted and I will do the same.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Sweet Casey
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannah View Post
I've found that I really benefit from making green smoothies in my Nutribullet and drinking one gives me tremendous energy. My favorite one has a spinach/kale mixture, 2 freshly picked peaches, a whole banana, frozen mango chunks and almond milk. To be honest, the fruit really covers up the taste of the green stuff.
Wow that's sounds so good except for the green stuff. I love spinach and make but strictly steamed or in a salad. Does this really kill the taste?? Where do you get frozen mango? Mmmm I want one for dinner lol. You have an awesome body. I adore your taste in bathing suits. I love clothes from that era. So classy and cute.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #6
Dj1981
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

It may be something to look into, road life has def took a toll on my body. I did the p90x thing for about 60 days years ago with great results, but its slowly worked its way back.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
Sweet Casey
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj1981 View Post
It may be something to look into, road life has def took a toll on my body. I did the p90x thing for about 60 days years ago with great results, but its slowly worked its way back.
Sometimes the creeping back is the hardest to keep from happening!!
Old 06-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Casey View Post
Sometimes the creeping back is the hardest to keep from happening!!
Absolutely. I lost 60 pounds early last year and gained about half of it back. That's one reason I'm so pumped about the Intermittent Fasting part of my current approach, because it gives a framework for not just taking the weight off, but keeping it off.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Good film for those with an interest in avoiding sugar. It's on Amazon Prime Video as of right now.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:23 AM   #10
Ginger Doll
BANNED

User ID: 17895
My ECCIE Reviews

I've been eating bad food for a few weeks now since I've been on tour with Danielle. I'm on the last leg of the tour in Little Rock through the end of this week. I plan on going home and resuming healthy eating habits, mainly chicken, salmon, eggs & veggies. I also plan to start running the next few weeks before surgery... Should be a lot easier since I just quit smoking!
Old 06-26-2017, 02:41 AM   #11
Rollypolly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I started walking again here and seen some benefits but my biggest cause is I don't eat enough. Not enough sounds weird? Cause I only eat 2 meals a day my body slows down burning calories and stores it to burn slowly though the day.
It's said you should be eating 6 times tough the day with small healthy snacks between meals to have your body burning it faster.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:47 AM   #12
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollypolly View Post
I started walking again here and seen some benefits but my biggest cause is I don't eat enough. Not enough sounds weird? Cause I only eat 2 meals a day my body slows down burning calories and stores it to burn slowly though the day.
It's said you should be eating 6 times tough the day with small healthy snacks between meals to have your body burning it faster.
Rolly, this is indeed the conventional wisdom and there's no doubt some people can lose weight with it. I used to be a pretty ardent supporter of it myself. However for someone with insulin resistance (i.e. a lot of clinically obese people), I'm not sure it will help them to lose fat and keep it off. There is a section in The Obesity Code about it that has given me this doubt.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #13
Lolahhhhh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 318916
My ECCIE Reviews

I think ultimately if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to have a complete lifestyle change. I've changed my diet for good: no fast food, no soda and A LOT more veggies and fruit. I don't know if it makes a weight loss difference, but I've been eating simple ingredient foods. No preservatives or weird BS. Only eating foods that I know exactly what each ingredient is. Ive also started a running program called couch to 5K. But strength training has been my main exercise concern. I wanna build muscle. In the past month I've noticed my energy levels are higher, my belly feels better and my brain is clear. It may take me months before I notice a big weight lose, but I'm willing to take my time. I DO NOT want to gain it back.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #14
Rollypolly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolahhhhh View Post
I think ultimately if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to have a complete lifestyle change. I've changed my diet for good: no fast food, no soda and A LOT more veggies and fruit. I don't know if it makes a weight loss difference, but I've been eating simple ingredient foods. No preservatives or weird BS. Only eating foods that I know exactly what each ingredient is. Ive also started a running program called couch to 5K. But strength training has been my main exercise concern. I wanna build muscle. In the past month I've noticed my energy levels are higher, my belly feels better and my brain is clear. It may take me months before I notice a big weight lose, but I'm willing to take my time. I DO NOT want to gain it back.
Congrats, it takes alot of will power to change your lifestyle. I cook alot now to eat healthy. I wish could cut soda and carbs
Old 06-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #15
Ginger Doll
BANNED

User ID: 17895
My ECCIE Reviews

One of the things that really helped me cut out soda is water flavored with fruit.

I bought one of those large dispensers in the gallon size and cut up fruit and float it in there. I try to drink the entire gallon daily. Of course, traveling it's nearly impossible... I've been drinking the flavorless water bottles. Going to start my cucumber water again as soon as I get home.

I miss my stairmaster, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolahhhhh View Post
... Ive also started a running program called couch to 5K.
I'm interested in hearing more about this, Lolah!
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women