Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47418
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #61
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Wait! WAT?!? What goes up must come down??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
...As for the market. All good things must come to an end. There is little reason why the market has gone up like it has. Now reality is setting in...
Wait! What?!? The stock market can go both up and down? She-dang! Though I do agree that it is way overdue to correct. However, I strongly disagree as it should have gone way, way down a long time ago. That QE4Evah beeswax was and will be bad, bad news some day. Should have taken our licks and moved on back then.

Either way, the current stock market tumble is exactly what GEPOTUS Trump has been driving at for more than 3 years - China supply chain dependence. Well... more broadly, over dependence on external supply chains, especially ones concentrated into a single area. If you didn't understand that 3 years or more ago, now would be a good time to get a clue.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:33 AM   #62
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
FAKE AF news article quote aside; I wonder if it's not the economy is because the economy is not stupid these days?

Time for a reality check. GDP down in 2019 and estimates for 2020 have it lower. Stock market down. Countries like Germany and the U.K. and Japan and Italy and China and Turkey are entering into, or currently in, recession, which will have major impacts to the U.S. economy. Tariffs hurting everyone yet Trump says they are helping our economy. Manufacturing in the U.S. is down. Very few positive signs right now.

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com...ing-into-2020/
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:53 AM   #63
Agent220
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

2nd Amendment:

Bernie has called for background checks but did vote against the Brady Bill and doesn't believe in suing gun manufacturers for the sins of the user.

As far as white women, over 50% voted for Trump. Folks really voting against their own best interest as always.
Agent220 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #64
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Simply put...

Quote:
Prohibit firearm possession by felons and the mentally ill.

Forbid firearm possession in sensitive places such as schools
and government buildings.

...States have been delegated the right to impose gun control laws as they see fit, and if people within the state disagree with the laws, they have to right to appeal to the court system to overturn the laws.
Frankly, I do not necessarily agree with the excluding felons piece en banc. Certainly violent felons and most positively, violent felons who've used guns in an imprudent manner should be barred. Possible exception being in time of war, where that is exactly whom you might want on your side. Juss say'n.

That mentally ill piece is a no-brainer (gheese I crack myself up sometimes). In fact, I would go so far as to say; most - if not all - mass shooting are done by mentally ill persons. Same for bombings. Banning guns in 'sensitive places' make them a gun free zone, aka killing field. Most mass shooting have occurred in gun free zones. Put the two together and wadda ya got...?? Do you really need to take off your shoes and socks to do that math?

As to states and laws and the redress thereof; therein lies the beauty of States. You can either fight it locally (politically) or live somewhere else. However, there is still the supremacy clause, wherein States still cannot violate the US Constitution. I think there are like 7 States, plus DC, that have various versions of 'scary looking rifle' bans and/or magazine bans. They tend to have these things in common:
  • Long term Demonicrat controlled government
  • Higher rate of gun crimes after the fact
  • Places I do not live
Ironically, if you factor out just the largest cities with long term Demonicrat controlled politics, the US ranks approximately 189th out of 193 countries for gun violence as a percentage of population. Weird. Huh? Weirder still, if you keep them in, the US ranks about 3rd out of 193 countries.

So to wrap it all up and tie a pretty bow on the simple fact that; Mentally ill people living in large cities that are Demonicrat controlled are really dragging the whole country down. So yeah, maybe it's a good thing some of us can't own tanks (except for Arnold Schwarzenegger?) or rocket launchers. But if all it were to take for me is a simple NICS background check to own them, sign me up!
Old 02-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #65
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Ironically, if you factor out just the largest cities with long term Demonicrat controlled politics, the US ranks approximately 189th out of 193 countries for gun violence as a percentage of population. Weird. Huh? Weirder still, if you keep them in, the US ranks about 3rd out of 193 countries.
Wrong again (why am I not surprised).

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...utlier-cities/

"The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. If you remove Chicago, Detroit, Washington, St. Louis and New Orleans, the United States is then 189th out of 193 countries in the entire world."

Pants on Fire!

A viral meme shared on social media following the Parkland, Fla., shooting claimed the United States has the third-highest count of murders worldwide, a ranking that would drop dramatically if five major cities were excluded.

The image has been circulating since at least 2015.

Our count of the UN’s data placed the United States ninth in intentional homicides. We used the most up-to-date count for each country and territory, which included data anywhere from 2007 to 2015.

As the country with the third-highest population size, however, experts told us the number of people killed is not a very useful metric.

Controlling for population size, most criminologists use the per 100,000 metric. By that standard, we found the United States ranked 94th.

The cities cited in the meme accounted for 1,568 of 17,250, or 9.1 percent, of all homicides reported to the FBI in 2016, Tom Kovandzic, a criminologist at the University of Texas, Dallas, calculated for us. And without those cities, the homicide rate (per capita) would only decline by 7.73 percent, or from 5.34 to 4.93.

When we applied those reductions to the UN data, the United States barely budged in its international standing. It moved down four spots in per capita murders and stayed the same in total murders. That’s inconsequential compared with the 186-spot jump the meme concocted.

I repeat my assertion that Why Yes I Do posts are 99% bullshit. You can twist that into whatever you please, or you can actually research your bullshit claims before posting.

But you're obviously not concerned with posting honestly and truthfully. Most likely because of your tribe's love affair with dishonesty and deceit, although it might also be further proof that right-wing propaganda causes irreversible brain damage.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #66
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default One better than some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
...I repeat my assertion that Why Yes I Do posts are 99% bullshit. ...
At least it is one better than you BS, supported by even more BS. Learn to think for yourself.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #67
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
Learn to think for yourself.
Says the guy who parrots back misinformation from obviously preposterous memes on social media.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #68
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
DJIA futures down over 350 points. Remember how recently Trump supporters were bragging about the DJIA possibly breaking 30.000? Now it might break 26,000 -- in the wrong direction. I have said before -- when the market was going up, Trump took full credit for it. With the current slump, yesterday Trump blamed Sanders. So typical of him.
Wow, did I underestimate the market. Went crashing through 26,000 and sits at 25,776 after dropping another 1190 points today. Worst drop since 2008.

Most economists say a recession is highly unlikely. But Trump ain't happy.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:29 PM   #69
Dev Null
Valued Poster

I won't check my 401k, I won't check my 401k ...
Old 02-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #70
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Almost time to buy.

Quote:
Wow, did I underestimate the market. Went crashing through 26,000 and sits at 25,776 after dropping another 1190 points today. Worst drop since 2008.

Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:12 PM   #71
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Almost time to buy.
I assume you were smart enough to sell before the market dropped by almost 15%.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #72
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you for your concern but I'm not worried.

Quote:
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:26 PM   #73
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nobody's smart enough to predict what the market is going to do. The smart time to buy is now, whenever now is. Then you go with no-load indexed funds and stick with it. If the market sags, you soldier on.

Anybody who tells you different is a huckster. If you listen to them, you're a gambler.

That's assuming that you have enough liquid assets and/or a steady enough income to invest.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #74
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:

The Big Cheeto is so unhappy that I heard on the news he wants everything about this coronavirus to go through Pence because his peeps are running around like a bunch of chickens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
Wrong again (why am I not surprised).

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...utlier-cities/

"The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. If you remove Chicago, Detroit, Washington, St. Louis and New Orleans, the United States is then 189th out of 193 countries in the entire world."

Pants on Fire!
Ouch! As Seth Meyers would say, "YA BURNT!"

Quote:
Almost time to buy.
It's always time to buy.

Quote:
He's not showing concern. He's voicing his amazement at your dunce market move.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:42 AM   #75
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Neither am I. I moved my money out of the volatile part of the market years ago.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women