Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #61
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
Police cannot just get physical and arrest people.

If a police officer saw a person being assaulted, wouldn't they step in?

Why didn't the other police officers there, who were standing right there, stop the crazy cop?

They knew the guy wasn't under arrest and that there was no probable cause. What exactly could they have thought was crazy cop's justification for assaulting the woman?

How can they justify their inaction?

Crazy cop wouldn't pull that shit if he knew others would arrest him.
That is why crazy cop should be fired....not rewarded with paid leave.

Of course LexusLover thinks crazy cop was justified in his actions. He wants Texas to follow the lead of this officer!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #62
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Lexus,

If a police officer came to your house and did not have a warrant and had no probable cause or consent to enter, you would not have to let them inside your home.

They could not arrest you for not allowing them in your home.

Your body is like your home. No warrant, no probable cause, or no consent, means no entrance.

I don't understand your position.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #63
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I'm not disagreeing with your assessment and the issues you have raised about it, but ...

...a "compromise" may be that the sample and/or results be ERASED/ELIMINATED/DESTROYED from any evidence related to the case for which the person was arrested and any data base holding the results of any tests from the samples REGARDLESS of whether the case is "expunged" from the person's record after the case is dismissed or a nonprosecution decision made by a grand jury and/or a prosecutor/DA.

That's for two reasons: One the charge for which the person was arrested may not be the proper charge and a correct charge filed after the arrest (or additional charge(s)) AND the DNA results COULD exonerate the person from some other charges (in other words he would be entitled to the benefit of the DNA results [I say that because of recent cases in which DNA results have been used to prove the innocence of persons already convicted.] To be specific those DNA results passing through the existing DATA BASE could get a hit on DNA collected at the scene of another crime for which someone was already convicted and/or someone was charged awaiting trial.
LL, sorry. This is what I was wondering about. I don't understand how this "compromise" has any legal foundation.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #64
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Police cannot just get physical and arrest people.

If a police officer saw a person being assaulted, wouldn't they step in?

Why didn't the other police officers there, who were standing right there, stop the crazy cop?

They knew the guy wasn't under arrest and that there was no probable cause. What exactly could they have thought was crazy cop's justification for assaulting the woman?

How can they justify their inaction?

Crazy cop wouldn't pull that shit if he knew others would arrest him.
THey were 'hospital security staff'. MANY security companies take a "hands off approach and let the cops deal with malcontent people'.. WHICH to me is stupid.. WHY Have the bloody security guards there in the first place, if they can't SECURE someone acting out?
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #65
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
THey were 'hospital security staff'. MANY security companies take a "hands off approach and let the cops deal with malcontent people'.. WHICH to me is stupid.. WHY Have the bloody security guards there in the first place, if they can't SECURE someone acting out?

So you thinks Hospital security was supposed to arrest the police officer?

It would have been awesome if so but not very realistic.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #66
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Some time ago there was this case of two nurses in North Texas who tried to inform the authorities about the incompetence of a doctor. Doctor had powerful friends, had the sheriff arrest the two nurses, and the prosecutor tried one nurse but got a not guilty verdict. Gov Perry heard about this mess and sent a special prosecutor against those idiots.;Sheriff got convicted of a felony got to serve a couple of months in his own jail. Ditto for the original prosecutor. Hospital administrator was forced to resign -forgot if they tried that fool, the doc lost his license for a couple of years and the nurses got ~ $400,000 settlement from the hospital.
I also believe Gov Perry changed the law to make it even tougher to go after nurses
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #67
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Security personnel don't have the power or authority to affect an arrest. They really don't have the authority to detain anybody unless they observed or can verify an actual crime has been committed. In the case of this hospital incident the Nurse didn't commit a crime nor did the officer really. He was just trying to bullshit the Nurse into thinking she was obligated to take an unlawful order. When she didn't fall for it, he went into "Badass with a Badge mode". The Officer's superiors are going to have to reprimand him, they've already stepped into that arena. He could have handled this situation a whole lot better. It's either a lack of training or a lack of supervision that prompted this officer's actions.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #68
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Security personnel don't have the power or authority to affect an arrest. They really don't have the authority to detain anybody unless they observed or can verify an actual crime has been committed. In the case of this hospital incident the Nurse didn't commit a crime nor did the officer really. He was just trying to bullshit the Nurse into thinking she was obligated to take an unlawful order. When she didn't fall for it, he went into "Badass with a Badge mode". The Officer's superiors are going to have to reprimand him, they've already stepped into that arena. He could have handled this situation a whole lot better. It's either a lack of training or a lack of supervision that prompted this officer's actions.

Jim
The officer should be fired unless he can establish a lack of training or supervision. Then the person responsible for training/supervision should be fired.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #69
bamscram
Valued Poster

Just a cop losing his temper when someone will not follow his directions.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #70
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
Just a cop losing his temper when someone will not follow his directions.
By the Officer losing his temper tells me he took the reaction by the Nurse personally. There's a huge conflict here. The Law, Hospital protocol and the Officer not taking either into account.

Jim
Old 09-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #71
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
By the Officer losing his temper tells me he took the reaction by the Nurse personally. There's a huge conflict here. The Law, Hospital protocol and the Officer not taking either into account.

Jim
Hospital has changed policy, police will not interact with anyone but a manager now.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #72
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
I do believe there were other police officers at the scene. They also have been placed on leave. Did I miss read sonething?
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #73
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
Hospital has changed policy, police will not interact with anyone but a manager now.
The police officer was a trained phlebotomist sent to collect the blood sample himself. If the nurses do not interact with police officers, what is keeping the police
phlebotomists from just walking in and taking the sample? The nurses need to continue to do exactly what this one did.

I am very certain police with warrants will continue go into any area that their warrant allows.

I'm not sure if the hospital's policy, while having good intentions, isn't benign.

I think the best policy here charge him and strip him of his badge.

Let it be known that police must act lawfully and not above or outside the law. They will be prosecuted like anyone else, if they fail to act lawfully.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:27 PM   #74
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
The police officer was a trained phlebotomist sent to collect the blood sample himself. If the nurses do not interact with police officers, what is keeping the police
phlebotomists from just walking in and taking the sample? The nurses need to continue to do exactly what this one did.

I am very certain police with warrants will continue go into any area that their warrant allows.

I'm not sure if the hospital's policy, while having good intentions, isn't benign.

I think the best policy here charge him and strip him of his badge.

Let it be known that police must act lawfully and not above or outside the law. They will be prosecuted like anyone else, if they fail to act lawfully.
Who trained and certified this Officer as a phlebotomist? Was it the Police Dept. or was he trained in another profession? I've never heard of a local Law enforcement agency training any of it's personal to perform any type of medical procedure other than First Aid such as performing CPR or applying a tourniquet ect.

Jim
Old 09-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #75
Stockinglover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by instfixer View Post
Some time ago there was this case of two nurses in North Texas who tried to inform the authorities about the incompetence of a doctor. Doctor had powerful friends, had the sheriff arrest the two nurses, and the prosecutor tried one nurse but got a not guilty verdict. Gov Perry heard about this mess and sent a special prosecutor against those idiots.;Sheriff got convicted of a felony got to serve a couple of months in his own jail. Ditto for the original prosecutor. Hospital administrator was forced to resign -forgot if they tried that fool, the doc lost his license for a couple of years and the nurses got ~ $400,000 settlement from the hospital.
I also believe Gov Perry changed the law to make it even tougher to go after nurses
Good job on Gov. Perry nice to see a governor who isn't a pussy. Let's see if that Moron (Mormon) pussy in Utah will do anything.
Stockinglover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women