Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Time for another update on pairings...

I thought the few left here might benefit from this, and could also add some of your faves. I am a sucker for throwing a pairing party, and am always interested in adding some new faves to my menu. According to this list, Brie...which is one of my favorite cheeses, should be paired with a Chardonnay, but I've always gone with red when serving it with bread or the Italian Crustinis. I use the whites when served with candied almonds or on an Apple Slice, because I feel the sweetness is brought out and does not clash like with most of the reds I have tried.

Here is the place I have to drive over an hour just to purchase cheese lol. The gentleman who owns the place is from New Orleans, but lost his home after Katrina and had to start over again. If any of you are thinking of gifts for a friend, family member, or your favorite client/provider, please consider using this business.

You will make someone else smile, and help a guy trying to feed his family by working 50 hours a week. Most of the products are imported from Italy, and you can certainly taste the difference!!

http://www.bestshopsmississippicoast.com/Epicure.htm

Here is a chart to use as a guide if you're not an experienced pairing guru, but of course as I have done, you should always mix things up to suit your own tastes. I am not one for buying into the bs most wine snobs try to impart on us. If I don't like how something tastes, no chart is going to change my mind about it. Enjoy!

Bloomy: Creamy, decadent cheeses, with a soft rind.

Hard: Stiff cheeses, which are often sharp and/or salty. They can also be aged.

Blue: Pungent, often salty cheeses, with a blue tinge.

Fresh: Soft, often spreadable cheeses that can be tangy or mild. They are not usually aged.

Brie-Chardonnay

Robiola-Sparkling Wine

Taleggio-Pinot Blanc

Gouda-Merlot

Cheddar-Cabernet Sauvignon

Parmesan-Chianti

Double Gloucester-Zinfandel

Pecorino-Valpolicella

Gruyere-Sauvignon Blanc

Fontina- Bardolino

Blue-Gorgonzola-Port (Yummy)!!!

Cambozola-Eiswein

Fresh Ricotta, Mozzarella, Goat and Feta are best served with Pinot Grigio (shut up wine snobs), Chenin Blanc, and Sauvignon Blanc, and Beaujolais.

Reference: http://www.winemag.com/Wine-Enthusia...ne-and-cheese/
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Wiley64
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I'm a cheese a holic and love mom & pop stores like this! I wish there was a full listing of the items he has available. We have a similar place like this in BR (Maxwells Market) but the cheese selection is minimal. Does he have a wide variety of olives and breads?
Wiley64 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Unfortunately, no on the Bread and Olives, though I have never spent much time searching for that lol. I have my 2 favorite cheeses, and 3 bags of the Crustini, and I am done. I can promise you, the Crustini that is served with the cheese is top notch though...shipped from Italy. The Rosemary is the best one to use with the Brie, and the Wheat for any of the Goat cheeses. I wish he would list his items on the website and ship...he may be able to do a ship to home if you order in person, and of course pay lol.

Try this place for some great Olive Oils and Gourmet Olives. There is also a place that sells only Olive Oil in Mandeville, but I forget the name.

http://oliveshoppe.com/store/

If you like the Bread option, you should try Cafe Grenada off of South Carrolton, Uptown. Their cheese plate is to die for! They do a Blue Cheese, not crumbled, or a Gouda with candied walnuts and this sweet spread that is out of this world. They also include Brie, Parmesan brick, Almonds, Apple Slices, and Olives. Get the Goat Cheese Balls too while you're at it lol.

I would kill for a Goose Martini, with Blue Cheese stuffed Olives right now.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Yay your back!

Welcome back sexy big tittied woman!!
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

welcome back babe!

{cool post!}
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks you two! Now, add some suggestions damnit! Any new cold meats I should try? Marmalade? Us fat chicks are always hungry, so hurry up!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

User ID: 81791
My ECCIE Reviews

On the website you listed they mentioned peppadew peppers. Have you ever tried them, London? They are amazing! They may stuff them too. Even better. I like an assortment of tall boys and 40 oz's. I can only suggest pairing them with kraft singles and Old E.
KatieKatie is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Now, that's some funny shit Katie!! You've got me thinking slim jims! No, never tried the peppers, but not really much of a pepper girl. I do love spicy food, but prefer something with Curry.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Slim Jims is an amazing idea!!! Peppadews are sweet. Just try one next time you are at Whole Foods. Take one when nobody is looking. Or when they are! It doesn't matter.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
mikkifine
Account Disabled

User ID: 1641
My ECCIE Reviews

Okay now, I was going to be good tonight but now I have a craving for a dirty martini with extra olives.
mikkifine is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

lol! you are FAR from fat lady!

I may be just a crazy old redneck....but I will say that smoked canadian bacon is awesome with a glass of white zinfandel!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
4karlos
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKatieNYC View Post
Slim Jims is an amazing idea!!! Peppadews are sweet. Just try one next time you are at Whole Foods. Take one when nobody is looking. Or when they are! It doesn't matter.
You can find them at Central Market too. I tried them served with a bit of wasabi scrubbed inside and stuffed with salmon roe...the sweet/salty mix was delicious.
4karlos is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Cool

Here is a combination of two pairings I suggest:

The first is
- Francis Coppola Black Label Claret paired with either Cabot Private Stock, Cabot Reserve Aged or English Farmhouse Cheddar.

The second is
-1966 Graham’s Vintage Port
-1970 Fonseca Vintage Port - paired with either Gabriel Coulet's Roquefort or a Very Sharp Blue Cheese such as Blue Stilton.
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4karlos View Post
You can find them at Central Market too. I tried them served with a bit of wasabi scrubbed inside and stuffed with salmon roe...the sweet/salty mix was delicious.

I actually pretty much only go to Central Market. I probably annoy everyone in there by calling it Whole Foods. It is like calling every "kids meal" a "happy meal". I can't help it!

I actually don't really like cheese. I guess I should start lying and say I am lactose intolerant so I don't look like a heathen. I can't beat Dallas's white zinf and canadian bacon. I love it! It sounds pretty damn good. Best part about that is that she is not joking and being totally real. I am too! I was just making fun of this "diamonds and tuxedo" section. Let me trick you into thinking I am the fanciest provider! Does anyone know what website we are on? Sure.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #15
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

I am pretty sure everyone is being real about what they will or will not eat, but if you notice how much John Bull gets on my ass about my postings, you would understand why I had to change the tone a bit. I think the fancy stuff you are used to, has moved to another website. Nope, far from a "fancy hooker" here, and have never been one for pretense. I do hate White Zin though, and always have. It is about taste, and nothing more. It is far too sweet, which is the same reason I don't care for many other sweet wines.

Still, that does not mean I have to chew with my mouth open, yell at a waiter, or can't go to wine tastings, French Restaurants, and eat with the correct knife and fork. I am also just as comfy at a Crawfish Boil sucking heads and drinking beer though. I can't even date the same guy for more than six months, so food is the same for me. I am always looking to try new cuisine, and we do wine and cheese parties at least twice a month where I live. Not really much to do, since I moved outside the city.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am not much for the Sushi stuff, but do appreciate Smoked Salmon, Goat Cheese, and capers.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women