Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
oeb11
Valued Poster

Default How Seattle Is Grappling With America’s Largest Coronavirus Outbreak

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...UWo?li=BBnb7Kz

Remain calm, but we’re buying a motel.
As officials in the Seattle area try to manage the first and largest outbreak of coronavirus in the U.S., they’re simultaneously reassuring the public and planning dramatic steps to isolate people if hospitals become overburdened.
All six deaths reported in the U.S. so far have been in the Seattle area and fear of wider contagion prompted some schools in the region to close, raising the potential of widespread disruption among workers in the home of giant companies including Amazon.com Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Starbucks Corp. Government resources are already stretched: Firefighters and police officers who transported infected patients are in quarantine.
Health officials said there may be hundreds of infections that haven’t been reported yet in Washington state and potentially more nationwide. With more cases looming, King County Executive Dow Constantine opened a news conference Monday with the jarring disclosure that the county will use emergency authority to buy a motel to isolate what could be scores of patients.
In a place known for pragmatic politics and Scandinavian reserve, the defensive move was presented as commonsense good governance. It also could be taken as an ominous harbinger of an escalating public-health crisis, evoking images of quarantine centers during the Spanish flu epidemic of 1918 and 1919.
”We’re going to see a lot of sick people,” producing “a tremendous challenge on our health care system,” said Jeff Duchin, the area’s top health officer.
Politely Freaking

So far, residents appear to be responding by politely freaking out. More than 250 people lined up outside a Costco on Sunday morning to stockpile food and other necessities. While Seattle’s downtown was still full of office workers Monday, pharmacy shelves had dwindling stocks of cold and flu medicines. In Kirkland, the lakeside suburb where a long-term care facility is the center of the outbreak, some people said officials should be moving even more quickly to cancel public events and close schools.
“Everyone goes to the same coffee shops and the same yoga places,” said Seth Cysewski, a Kirkland resident who helps run a business that sells branded corporate products to technology companies including Microsoft, which is based in nearby Redmond. He attended a yoga class last week near the nursing home, Life Care Center, and while he has no symptoms, worries he might be spreading the virus to others. He planned to keep his 8-year-old daughter home from school.
“I’m surprised the school district is like, ‘Well, let’s just send kids to school until we know more,’” he said.
Worldwide there have been 89,000 illnesses and 3,000 deaths attributed to the virus, and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development warned that global economic growth will sink to levels not seen in more than a decade as it spreads. Officials say the virus causes mild or flu-like symptoms in the vast majority of people infected, but has proven dangerous for elderly people or those with underlying illnesses.
‘New Stage’

“We have moved to a new stage in the fight to contain, mitigate and manage this outbreak,” Constantine, the King County executive, said in the news conference as he outlined steps to purchase the motel. The county will also set up modular housing units like those used by oil workers in Texas, he said, “in which we can place patients who are in need of isolation and a place to recover.”
At least 18 cases have been reported in Washington state, 14 in King County surrounding Seattle, and the number is likely to rise, said Duchin, the health officer. Washington Governor Jay Inslee said he planned to ask the legislature to allocate $100 million to combat the virus.
Complicating efforts to understand the severity of the outbreak is that many of the cases were in the nursing home, where patients already had respiratory illnesses or other conditions that made them more susceptible to the virus, known as Covid-19. A shortage of test kits also led to delays in testing. It meant only patients with a connection to China or other places where the virus first started spreading were screened.
Disinfecting Everything

The nursing home sits on a narrow two-way street amid several condominium complexes. Around the corner at Esplanade Condominiums, one resident said he’s a late-stage cancer survivor and is carefully disinfecting everything -- his home, car and laundry. He even bought silicone booties for his goldendoodle and sprays them with Lysol after every walk.
At a barber shop less than a mile from Life Care, Dean Nguyen said he’s seeing fewer customers. “Everybody is worried about it,” he said. “It’s affecting business -- we understand. People have to feel safe.”
A Kirkland technical school with 6,365 students will be closed until Wednesday for disinfection after 16 of its nursing students visited Life Care Center late last week. The school has also canceled all large events, like a Thursday open house and a Friday professional development event.
Amazon has said it will limit nonessential travel within the U.S. and cancel warehouse tours. It started conducting some job interviews virtually rather than face-to-face.
In Puyallup, south of Seattle, a junior high school and an elementary school canceled classes with some students already on buses after learning that a relative of someone at the school had been diagnosed with Covid-19. Parents were told to pick up their children at a museum. The district said the decision was made “out of an abundance of caution” and the schools would reopen the following day after thorough cleaning.
On Twitter and Facebook groups, some parents around the region suggested closing more schools or asked about the option of attending Internet classes instead.
Amy Stevenson, who teaches band and orchestra at Lynnwood High School north of Seattle, said she worries about shared instruments and music stands. The tuba, for instance, gets used by about four students a day.
“With a situation like this, it’s just so obvious how underfunded we are,” she said. “There’s no way the school has the capacity or manpower to do what needs to be done.”

In the Fascist DPST paragon of virtue (shit filled streets) - the Leftists ignore Public health - until they want $10 million for "coronavirus" - which means puttinig it in their own pockets.

The mis-management is frightful - but of course,

It is all Trump's fault - but if you give us $100 million to waste in our own pockets we might be a little quieter.

fascist DPST's - cannot even keep shit off the streets!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Seattle is the dirtiest place I've ever been , so maybe it will help
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
HoeHummer
BANNED

Yous have never been to Seattle, Rexsy. And from the scatologicals inferences, neither has oebsy.

The two of yous just hang out in Cowboys country and lope each other.

What a couple of sads pieces of gay shits!

HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #4
Clay Media
BANNED

One time I was in Seattle driving up Aurora. I was unfamiliar with the area. I could not make it to a diner in time and I shat in my pants.

I went to a self serve car wash. I sprayed myself off and put new underwear and pants on, leaving behind the discarded jeans and underwear. About three blocks away I realized I had left my wallet in my crappy jeans.

I abruptly pulled a u turn and went back. Someone else was in the car wash bay. The tire was partly on my discarded pants. I walked into the bay. The guy washing his car seemed somewhat surprised when I reached down to the jeans, pulled out the wallet and walked off
Clay Media is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Seattle is the dirtiest place I've ever been , so maybe it will help
Dirtier than New Orleans? I haven't been to Seattle since the 70s.

So Seattle has needles and shit lying around in the streets but some old people die of a virus (maybe) and Washington state is freaked out all of sudden?

Spare me.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #6
gnadfly
Account Disabled

BTW, when New Orleans cancels Mardi Gras because of CV then I'll be impressed.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #7
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Media View Post
I went to a self serve car wash. I sprayed myself off
I washed my truck barefoot one time

the car wash spray hit the top of my foot as I walked around the truck and bore a hole in my foot lickety-split

I cant imagine how you weren't sprayed skinless
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #8
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
BTW, when New Orleans cancels Mardi Gras because of CV then I'll be impressed.

It will have to wait till next year. Imagine that beer is a Hurricane!

https://www.wwltv.com/article/entert...e-7db304e52b8c

Coronavirus 'Krewe Da Flu' & walking beers infect Mardi Gras 2020

One group donned HAZMAT suites and were handing out "flu shots" - syringes filled with jello shots.
Another group "going viral" in New Orleans' Marigny area included several walking Corona beers with face masks along with a lime. The group held signs saying, "You give me fever," and "CDC: Corona Drinking Club."

You gotta love New Orleans!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #9
Clay Media
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
I washed my truck barefoot one time

the car wash spray hit the top of my foot as I walked around the truck and bore a hole in my foot lickety-split

I cant imagine how you weren't sprayed skinless
Low pressure spot free rinse
Clay Media is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #10
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

At least no spots ,,,,,, Yes Seattle is dirty , more then New Orleans ( both shitholes )
Old 03-06-2020, 07:58 AM   #11
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
It will have to wait till next year. Imagine that beer is a Hurricane!

https://www.wwltv.com/article/entert...e-7db304e52b8c

Coronavirus 'Krewe Da Flu' & walking beers infect Mardi Gras 2020

One group donned HAZMAT suites and were handing out "flu shots" - syringes filled with jello shots.
Another group "going viral" in New Orleans' Marigny area included several walking Corona beers with face masks along with a lime. The group held signs saying, "You give me fever," and "CDC: Corona Drinking Club."

You gotta love New Orleans!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
You can't get any kind of virus in New Orleans including the Carona Virus if you drink a few Hurricanes, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #12
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
At least no spots ,,,,,, Yes Seattle is dirty , more then New Orleans ( both shitholes )
When we’re yous in Seattle, Resxy?

You’re lying again, and it’s easy to see. Seattle is definitely no shithole compared with other big cities in the Great White South. But the inside of a Comfort Inn is rugged no matter where yous are, eh?

Old 03-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #13
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Predictably irrational chat bot
Old 03-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #14
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Predictably irrational chat bot
Where in Seattle did yous find the most filth, Rexsy?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women